Cammy White vs. Leona Heidern

MATCH SCORE
Cammy White: 1
Leona Heidern: 2

Kula Diamond vs. Cassandra Alexander

MATCH SCORE
Kula Diamond: 2
Cassandra Alexander: 4

Tournament - Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn) vs. Cerberus (Mass Effect)

MATCH SCORE
Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn): 8
Cerberus (Mass Effect): 0

Blue Mary vs. Mila (DOA)

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 3
Mila (DOA): 1

Tournament - Severus Snape vs. Wicked Witch of the West

MATCH SCORE
Severus Snape: 3
Wicked Witch of the West: 1

7:10 - Megamind vs. David Xanatos

MATCH SCORE
Megamind: 8
David Xanatos: 2

7:10 - Destoroyah vs. Megas XLR

MATCH SCORE
Destoroyah: 8
Megas XLR: 6

7:10 - Isis (Catwoman's Pet) vs. Zwei (RWBY)

MATCH SCORE
Isis (Catwoman's Pet): 10
Zwei (RWBY): 5

7:10 - Damian Wayne vs. Molly Hayes

MATCH SCORE
Damian Wayne: 7
Molly Hayes: 3

7:10 - Hex Girls vs. Laurel & Hardy

MATCH SCORE
Hex Girls: 7
Laurel & Hardy: 3

7:10 - Puffy AmiYumi (Animated) vs. Scott Pilgrim

MATCH SCORE
Puffy AmiYumi (Animated): 7
Scott Pilgrim: 4

7:10 - Mecha Streisand vs. Gipsy Danger

MATCH SCORE
Mecha Streisand: 2
Gipsy Danger: 7

7:10 - Biollante vs. Hedorah

MATCH SCORE
Biollante: 5
Hedorah: 6

7:10 - Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne) vs. Doctor Doom

MATCH SCORE
Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne): 7
Doctor Doom: 5

7:10 - Queen Barb vs. Pinkie Pie

MATCH SCORE
Queen Barb: 3
Pinkie Pie: 7

7:10 - The Invisible Woman vs. The Silver Surfer

MATCH SCORE
The Invisible Woman: 7
The Silver Surfer: 9

7:10 - Muttley vs. Storm (Aquaman's Seahorse)

MATCH SCORE
Muttley: 5
Storm (Aquaman's Seahorse): 6

7:10 - Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures) vs. Hermione Granger

MATCH SCORE
Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures): 3
Hermione Granger: 11

7:10 - Arcade vs. Mister Fantastic

MATCH SCORE
Arcade: 0
Mister Fantastic: 13

7:10 - Andrew Ender Wiggin vs. Arya Stark

MATCH SCORE
Andrew Ender Wiggin: 8
Arya Stark: 4

7:10 - Powerline vs. Penn and Teller

MATCH SCORE
Powerline: 5
Penn and Teller: 6

7:10 - Sam (Trick 'r Treat) vs. Santa Claus (Santa's Slay)

MATCH SCORE
Sam (Trick 'r Treat): 3
Santa Claus (Santa's Slay): 5

7:10 - Godzooky vs. Dino Flintstone

MATCH SCORE
Godzooky: 4
Dino Flintstone: 5

7:10 - Ruby (Supernatural) vs. The Spirit (Rin Yamaoka)

MATCH SCORE
Ruby (Supernatural): 2
The Spirit (Rin Yamaoka): 5

Sign in to follow this  
Dreadlock

The Phoenix Force vs The Infinity Gauntlet

200px-Phoenix_Force_(Earth-616).jpg

Future Life-Force Tap: The Phoenix Force can tap into the energy provided by life-force reserved for future generations, thus denying them existence. The Phoenix Force possesses limitless cosmic energy. With or without a host, it is one of the most powerful entities in the Marvel Universe.

Concussive Force Blasts: It can wield this energy to project beams of immense concussive force.

Quantum Singularity: It can transmigrate throughout time and space by folding its energy back into itself, causing it to collapse akin to a black hole. It then reforms itself upon reaching its destination.

Energy Absorption: It can directly absorb energy such as Cyclops' optic blasts or the entire energy of a sun.

Force of Life: The Phoenix Force can control life and death itself.

Psionic Nexus: As it is the nexus of all psionic energy, it has powerful mental abilities, including telepathy and telekinesis, and often seeks out hosts who have psionic abilities. When bonded with a host, the Phoenix Force amplifies their abilities to incalculable levels.

Matter Transmutation: It can manipulate matter on a sub-atomic level (e.g., turning wood to gold, stone to crystal, etc).

Teleportation: It can teleport others across vast distances.

Resurrection Force: ...(No description)

vs

200px-Infinity_gauntlet.jpg

Time Gem--Total control over past, present and future. Total control over all aspects of time including time travel; stop, slow down, or speed up flow of time; accelerate or slow down aging, see into past/future and can also be used as a weapon by trapping enemies or entire worlds in unending loops of time.

Space Gem--Travel through space, mostly through teleportation. Able to interfere with the motion of other objects. Allows the user to exist in any location (or all locations simultaneously), move any object anywhere throughout the universe and warp or rearrange space.

Soul Gem--Observe, attack, steal, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead. The gem is the gateway to an idyllic, pocket-universe. Also used to devolve artificial organisms back into a primitive state.

Reality Gem--Alters reality to anything the user wishes.

Power Gem--Virtually limitless strength, durability, and energy manipulation. This gem contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems and boost their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

Mind Gem--Virtually limitless psionic abilities including telepathy and telekinesis. Backed by the Power Gem, it is possible to access all minds in existence simultaneously

1) How do these two things compare?

2) If both were used to the maximum of their ability, which one would be superior?

3) If the wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet vowed to completely eradicate and obliterate The Phoenix Force from all existense period, what would happen?

1) How do these two things compare?

2) If both were used to the maximum of their ability, which one would be superior?

3) If the wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet vowed to completely eradicate and obliterate The Phoenix Force from all existense period, what would happen?

Good match-up.

Personally I would think the Gauntlet would be the more powerful force, but I'm not incredibly knowledgable about the Phoenix Force.

Hmmm...apparently Rachel Summers("completely overtaken by the Phoenix Force") stuggled to defeat Galactus, and was only able to do so by starving him out. That indicates a much lower level of power than the Infinity Gauntlet.

I am really curious though if the Infinity Gauntlet wielder could erase The Phoenix Force itself completely from all excitence? I'm not talking about just a single version and/or avatar of the Phoenix Force (ala Dark Phoenix or White Phoenix of the Crown) but the actual Phoenix Force itself as an entity. Could it be eradicated and could the I.G. do it?

Infinity Gauntlet:

Originally referred to as Soul Gems, the six gems are sentient and can be used in unison to make the wielder omnipotent, and in complete control of the universe.

The Phoenix Force:

The Phoenix Force is an immortal and mutable manifestation of the prime universal force of life and passion. Born of the void between states of being, the Phoenix Force is a child of the universe. It is the nexus of all psionic energy which does, has, and ever will exist in all realities of the omniverse. It is among the most feared beings in the entire existence — having the power to cut and re-grow any part of the universe, as well as destroy it entirely, which is part of the Phoenix's purpose: "The Judgment of the Phoenix", to burn away the obsolete. The Phoenix Force is described as being "the embodiment of the very passion of Creation – the spark that gave life to the Universe, the flame that will ultimately consume it."

It sounds to me like The Phoenix Force is more grand because it covers all of the Marvel Omniverse, while, apparently, the I.G. only works in Earth-616 reality. But it would be kind of cool to see if the I.G. could permanently banish The Phoenix Force from Earth-616 reality forever.

Also, maybe the only reason the I.G. only worked in the 616 reality is because that's all Thanos was focused on. Maybe he didn't want to go beyond that and/or usurp TLT's place. After all, the only place that has really been proven to not be suspectable to the I.G. is the DC universe, but like I said, different company... so it makes sense there. But if you think about it, the Infinity Gems were made by a being who existed outside or beyond the known universe, so..... that makes me believe the I.G. is even more powerful than it is let on to be believed.

Infinity Gauntlet easy.

6 different reasons.

Soul - Change the soul of the wielder of the phoenix force to no longer be an enemy.

Mind - Corrupt the mind of the wielder so that they become a vegetable.

Time - Stop time and defeat the wielder while they are unable to do anything.

Space - Send the wielder into a black hole or any number of dangerous spacial anomalies.

Reality - Change the way the Phoenix force works and make the wielder have no power.

Power - This may be a point of contention - However that said the Power gem to my understanding can absorb/channel/create energy and thus Anything the phoenix force did would be unable to affect the user of the gauntlet. And if the user wished to create a shield to withstand any attack then that shield would never fail due to the property that the gem is constantly creating the energy needed to sustain the shield.

Albeit if the phoenix force attempted to change the molecular composition of the shield or user then it may affect the user of the gauntlet but I'd like to think that the shield would be able to withstand any attack.

Unless the phoenix force compromises the user of the Gauntlet's mind or soul then I don't see any semblance of competition.

I am really curious though if the Infinity Gauntlet wielder could erase The Phoenix Force itself completely from all excitence? I'm not talking about just a single version and/or avatar of the Phoenix Force (ala Dark Phoenix or White Phoenix of the Crown) but the actual Phoenix Force itself as an entity. Could it be eradicated and could the I.G. do it?

I don't see why not.

It sounds to me like The Phoenix Force is more grand because it covers all of the Marvel Omniverse, while, apparently, the I.G. only works in Earth-616 reality. But it would be kind of cool to see if the I.G. could permanently banish The Phoenix Force from Earth-616 reality forever.

The Phoenix Force's powers don't stretch accross universes, it's just that there is a Phoenix Force in every Marvel universe. The same way there is an Eternity in every Marvel universe, but each Eternity is separate, and restricted to their own universe.

Also, maybe the only reason the I.G. only worked in the 616 reality is because that's all Thanos was focused on. Maybe he didn't want to go beyond that and/or usurp TLT's place. After all, the only place that has really been proven to not be suspectable to the I.G. is the DC universe, but like I said, different company... so it makes sense there. But if you think about it, the Infinity Gems were made by a being who existed outside or beyond the known universe, so..... that makes me believe the I.G. is even more powerful than it is let on to be believed.

That being wasn't outside Marvel 616, it was Marvel 616. It was basically the Beyonder of Marvel 616, controlling every aspect of the universe that it basically was.

I don't see why not.

The Phoenix Force's powers don't stretch accross universes, it's just that there is a Phoenix Force in every Marvel universe. The same way there is an Eternity in every Marvel universe, but each Eternity is separate, and restricted to their own universe.

That being wasn't outside Marvel 616, it was Marvel 616. It was basically the Beyonder of Marvel 616, controlling every aspect of the universe that it basically was.

If the gauntlet wipes out Pheonix Force, it wipes out all life in the universe, which isnt particularly difficult for the Infinity Gauntlet.

If the gauntlet wipes out Pheonix Force, it wipes out all life in the universe, which isnt particularly difficult for the Infinity Gauntlet.

I direct you to the Reality Gem. Which can alter reality so that all life in the universe can go on without the phoenix force.

The IG really is the most powerful thing in comics. In my opinion.

... and please don't bring up the gem of Ego. That was lame.

Huh. Interesting match.

I have two things to say.

1) While it's true that each Universe has it's own Phoenix Force, just like each has Infinity, isn't it also true that there's one Phoenix Force above them? The Phoenix that lies in the White Hot Room (or something like that). It's above regular Phoenix Forces, and I believe, above the Infinity Gauntlet (IG is Universe, while the highest level of the Phoenix Force is multiversal).

2) Ego was lame indeed.

That would be cool to see the wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet create a universe in their hand (like the White Crown of the Phoenix did), complete with sentient beings, and centillions of lifeforms... and then destroy it, just to prove that they can do anything! :D

I would seriously like to see what would happen if The Phoenix Force itself tried to erase the wielder of the I.G. while they were wearing it, and at the same time, the wielder of the I.G tries to erase The Phoenix Force. I wonder what a Universe without the Phoenix would be like?

@Dreaklock. Why create one universe when the IG can create and undo all reality and uni/multi verses.

I'm sure someone will disagree with me on this point but I'd like to think that the gems have a built in sentience to an extent (I remember reading a comic a long time ago where the soul gem was having a conversation with Adam Warlock.) and as such resist their destruction whether the wearer realizes it or not.

Also, in an issue of erasing, I think it would have to come down to a competition of speed (supposing the gems themselves don't resist erasure do the possible sentience issue mentioned above...), and the gems can stop/reverse time so I'd like to think the IG would win in the sense that the Phoenix force cannot stop/rewind time.

@Dreaklock. Why create one universe when the IG can create and undo all reality and uni/multi verses.

I'm sure someone will disagree with me on this point but I'd like to think that the gems have a built in sentience to an extent (I remember reading a comic a long time ago where the soul gem was having a conversation with Adam Warlock.) and as such resist their destruction whether the wearer realizes it or not.

Also, in an issue of erasing, I think it would have to come down to a competition of speed (supposing the gems themselves don't resist erasure do the possible sentience issue mentioned above...), and the gems can stop/reverse time so I'd like to think the IG would win in the sense that the Phoenix force cannot stop/rewind time.

The Pheonix Force has control of Time also.

The Infinity Guantlet EASILY trupms The Phoenix Force. Its not even close.

Eternity is superior to anything operating on a universal (non multiversal beings) and IG trumps him.

Eternity is superior to anything operating on a universal (non multiversal beings) and IG trumps him.

... Just made me think of something. The set up is the phoenix force fully unleashed right... What if the Phoenix force bonded with a universal construct (celestial, galactus, eternity, infinity, the living tribunal, etc.).

At that point you have the phoenix force adding its power to a being with already limitless power.

I'm not saying the IG still wouldn't win, but the fight would be on a lot more even ground.

Thoughts?

I thought The Phoenix Force by itself, without bonding, was it's most powerful form? (See Phoenix pic)