By UMPIRE

11:6 - Doogie Howser vs. Beverly Crusher

MATCH SCORE
Doogie Howser: 1
Beverly Crusher: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Derelict (LV-426) vs. Penny (Inspector Gadget)

MATCH SCORE
The Derelict (LV-426): 8
Penny (Inspector Gadget): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Catwoman vs. Arsene Lupin III

MATCH SCORE
Catwoman: 2
Arsene Lupin III: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tinker Bell vs. Princess Aurora

MATCH SCORE
Tinker Bell: 8
Princess Aurora: 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Batman (Richard Grayson) vs. Leonardo (TMNT)

MATCH SCORE
Batman (Richard Grayson): 3
Leonardo (TMNT): 8

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Neal Caffrey vs. Dominic Toretto

MATCH SCORE
Neal Caffrey: 10
Dominic Toretto: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Death Star vs. Ron Stoppable

MATCH SCORE
The Death Star: 4
Ron Stoppable: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Anna Of Arendelle vs. Belle (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Anna Of Arendelle: 12
Belle (Disney): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Carlton Banks vs. Konohagakure

MATCH SCORE
Carlton Banks: 10
Konohagakure: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tiana (Disney) vs. Pocahontas

MATCH SCORE
Tiana (Disney): 3
Pocahontas: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Raphael (TMNT) vs. Lady Shiva

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (TMNT): 5
Lady Shiva: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Snake-Eyes vs. Raiden (Metal Gear)

MATCH SCORE
Snake-Eyes: 4
Raiden (Metal Gear): 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Shinobi (Joe Musashi) vs. Michelangelo (1987)

MATCH SCORE
Shinobi (Joe Musashi): 6
Michelangelo (1987): 3

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Sir John Falstaff vs. Vice City

MATCH SCORE
Sir John Falstaff: 10
Vice City: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Arthur Morgan vs. Nathan Drake

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 9
Nathan Drake: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Dwight Schrute vs. Remnant

MATCH SCORE
Dwight Schrute: 4
Remnant: 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Master Splinter (TMNT) vs. Wildcat

MATCH SCORE
Master Splinter (TMNT): 5
Wildcat: 7

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Rapunzel vs. Megara (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Rapunzel: 8
Megara (Disney): 3

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Robin Hood vs. Hasky

MATCH SCORE
Robin Hood: 3
Hasky: 7

By UMPIRE

Tournament - Jaws vs. Namora

MATCH SCORE
Jaws: 1
Namora: 5

Video Games

Magnus

snip

I like how your sig says "Member of the Anti-Ignorance Consortium: Say something Intelligent or say nothing at all".

Thank you, though I can't really take credit for it, it is something that Methos was one of the founders of, and he helped me come up with the slogan.

I like "Member of the Grammar Gestapo: Say something intelligently or say nothing at all". I feel like it's something we should all abide by.

Considering my general position on Grammar, I have to admit, I couldn't care less in general.

Basic grammar is all good and well, but beyond a certain point it is unnecessary for regular communication, such as the various conversational forum posts.

I will agree that it should be mandatory for the Matches though, since there is a certain level of quality that is expected of them, even though some people don't live up to that expectation.

Well, Mercer's personality change from the first to the second doesn't really make any sense.

Eh, it could've just been that he went mad with power or something similar. Still, it did seem rather sudden.

And the thing about Heller for some reason being unable to be absorbed by Mercer, just smacks of lazy writing.

Agreed, they wanked Heller ridiculously in the game. I mean, taking down a Brawler with a knife before even being infected with the Mercer virus? It was like watching a Resident Evil game. Still, that didn't really impact how much I enjoyed the game.

However I will agree that when looking away from the horrid writing of the story, the game itself is an improvement over the first one.

Solid mechanics from the first one has been improved upon in the second one, and new additions have been added, which just improve the overall experience.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said it improved over the first game. I found it more fun to play.

Though without any multiplayer, the replay value of the game is relatively low.

I've completed the singleplayer campaign, without having found every single piece of information, and I don't really need to do so, in order to get the full experience, at this point, I have no real reason to replay it, though in about a year or so, i'll probably do another gamethrough, and then the cycle repeats.

Agreed. They could have put in a multiplayer mode (maybe something in the vein of Left 4 Dead, with Blackwatch vs Infected and control of either Mercer or Heller given to a random player once per round), or even a few side missions scattered throughout the city (ala Infamous and its sequel. The side missions are the reason I continued playing those games for quite a while after I completed the main story).

snip

Eh, it could've just been that he went mad with power or something similar. Still, it did seem rather sudden.

They actually tried to explained his change of behaviour in a small comic book series with 3 issues. Even with that in mind his personality change doesn't really make sense.

Agreed, they wanked Heller ridiculously in the game. I mean, taking down a Brawler with a knife before even being infected with the Mercer virus?

Personally I thought that was partially luck, and partially game mechanics, rather than any actual wanking of Heller, since we know it's possible to kill them for mundane people, given sufficient damage.

Agreed. They could have put in a multiplayer mode (maybe something in the vein of Left 4 Dead, with Blackwatch vs Infected and control of either Mercer or Heller given to a random player once per round), or even a few side missions scattered throughout the city (ala Infamous and its sequel.

Very much agreed here.

Okay, Nintendo, seriously, what the f*ck? In case you haven't heard about their "new" 3DS model, it's the same piece of crap as before, with a bigger screen. It will have a bigger attachment, in the future, 'cause the people running the company are, obviously, a bunch of morons. Why won't they make a system with the second analog thingy built in?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY????!!!!!! I refuse to buy one of these, until they do.

I dunno, I like Nintendo. Zelda, Metroid, and Mario all have great games routinely, and my brother and I played Super Smash Brothers everyday in the summer.

I do think that the 3DS needs more games, though. I have 4 games for it and none of the other games really interest me.

That's the problem that's plaguing the Vita, also. I'd like to get a 3DS. There's some games on there, that interest me. As I said way back when, though:

I was thinkin' about getting one of those 3DSs, since it's probably the only one I can afford with PS3s and Vitas being $250 apiece, but then I saw this. And this: 3ds3.jpg.jpg

Now I'm not so sure. Might just wait for the new model.

When they actually make one that doesn't make me attach some weird, funky ass attachment to it, then I'll think about getting one of them bad boys. ;)

Believe it or not, I still have my old, metal, fatass DS-- the original model. Sure, the other kids might laugh at me with their DS lites and 3DS's, but when those slabs of plastic get dropped, I'll laugh as they smash into a million pieces, throw my metal-reinforced DS on the ground casually, pick it up and go play Mario.

• Like 1

Metroid?

Anyway, I'm currently playing this little diddy:

Glory-Of-Heracles_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

It's pretty fun. Olympian gods and whatnot. It can be a bit difficult at times, though. And that dungeon, where I couldn't. freaking. save. until I left. Yeah, that was pretty brutal. Thankfully, I was able to not die, or I'd a been pissed.

DamagEdit: Oh, and $5 on clearance, at KMart? Frackin' sweet. :D