By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 9 Match 17107 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Roxy Rocket vs. Red Claw

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 3
Roxy Rocket: 2
Red Claw: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Master Shifu vs. Ted Lasso

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 6
Ted Lasso: 4

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Apollo Creed vs. Zordon of Eltar

MATCH SCORE
Apollo Creed: 6
Zordon of Eltar: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Mercy (Overwatch) vs. The Holographic Doctor

MATCH SCORE
Mercy (Overwatch): 3
The Holographic Doctor: 8

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Middle-Earth vs. Mini-Me

MATCH SCORE
Middle-Earth: 3
Mini-Me: 9

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Mickey Goodmill vs. Phil (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Mickey Goodmill: 8
Phil (Disney): 3

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Ethan Hunt vs. Carmen Sandiego

MATCH SCORE
Ethan Hunt: 2
Carmen Sandiego: 10

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Iroh vs. Sgt. Slaughter

MATCH SCORE
Iroh: 5
Sgt. Slaughter: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Ratchet vs. Julian Bashir

MATCH SCORE
Ratchet: 4
Julian Bashir: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - President Thomas J. Whitmore vs. Master Roshi

MATCH SCORE
President Thomas J. Whitmore: 8
Master Roshi: 2

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Raccoon City vs. Bob (Agent of Hydra)

MATCH SCORE
Raccoon City: 7
Bob (Agent of Hydra): 4

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Hoth vs. Marco Diaz

MATCH SCORE
Hoth: 8
Marco Diaz: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Amy Wong vs. Westview, New Jersey

MATCH SCORE
Amy Wong: 8
Westview, New Jersey: 2

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Rafiki vs. Gouken

MATCH SCORE
Rafiki: 6
Gouken: 3

By UMPIRE

11:7 - The Town of Silent Hill vs. Genie (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
The Town of Silent Hill: 2
Genie (Disney): 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Sasuke (Ganbare Goemon) vs. Genji

MATCH SCORE
Sasuke (Ganbare Goemon): 1
Genji: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Kato vs. The Cube

MATCH SCORE
Kato: 4
The Cube: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Dr. Gregory House vs. Bones McCoy

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Gregory House: 4
Bones McCoy: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Vanellope Von Schweetz vs. Princess Calla

MATCH SCORE
Vanellope Von Schweetz: 9
Princess Calla: 3

By UMPIRE

Tournament - The Kraken (Clash of the Titans) vs. Midgard Serpent

MATCH SCORE
The Kraken (Clash of the Titans): 2
Midgard Serpent: 3

Video Games

Magnus

I've got about 15 360 games still sitting in plastic. I work all of the time so I don't really have much time to play anything anymore and my in-laws just keep buying me games all the time. I've had Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 since it came out and I haven't touched it. I've been playing Skyrim anytime I get a chance and I've been working on that one for a year now.

I've got about 15 360 games still sitting in plastic. I work all of the time so I don't really have much time to play anything anymore and my in-laws just keep buying me games all the time. I've had Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 since it came out and I haven't touched it. I've been playing Skyrim anytime I get a chance and I've been working on that one for a year now.

You really have to play UMVC3. It may be a sellout, but playing as Phoenix Wright kicks ass.

By the way, has anyone played Back to the Multiverse? I've beat the jocks, the amish, the pirates and the chickens and I'm now onto the final boss (the giant T-Rex piloted by Bertram). How in hell do I beat it without getting hit by those annoying Bertram clones and the T-Rex's laser cannons?

Demon's Souls

Ultrahard gameplay. Totally unforgiving. Little to no plot or character development getting in the way of the gameplay. Button mashing gets you killed almost instantly. Forces you to take things slow and think out your next move.

It's almost everything I want out of a video game.

In Demon's Souls you will get to a point where the difficulty plateaus. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that because at that point you can (and should) start customizing your stats for PVP in preparation for New Game+ and that for us min maxers is a fun game in and of itself.

If you want to be constantly made into a quivering bitch play Dark Souls.

Also seriously no one has mentioned Ni No Kuni in the last few pages? It's the JPRG that makes me gooch tingle.

I still have a system that lets me play Nintendo and Super Nintendo. I like playing things like wrestling and ninja turtles on there. Even play original Pokemon on the Super Nintendo converter cartridge.

I just played Hunted: The Demon's Forge for the first time the other day. It's a 3rd person dark fantasy action game, built around co-op play. Got released back in mid-2011 or so. Considering it was made by Bethesda, I had always kinda wondered why it didn't make more of a splash than it did. Now I know.

Based on the few hours that I played it: The plotline is pretty straightforward. No twists, nothing unexpected. Maybe not bland... but yeah. Each of the two characters have pretty interesting and distinct personalities, but there didn't seem to be much in the way of development. But the gameplay's probably the most frustrating part of it. I can tolerate a challenging game, don't get me wrong, but there comes a point when dying and having to restart an entire sequence five times becomes a little ridiculous, especially when it seems to happen every other big fight. The combat itself is a mix of melee and third-person shooting (with bows/crossbows no less). There's a big emphasis on cover, to the point where it almost felt like I was playing Gears of War or Army of Two... with a bow. That last part makes it more frustrating than it does exciting, trust me, especially since the sighting system isn't all that intuitive for precision shooting.

You can use your shield to block frontal attacks, but doing so drains its durability rather quickly. And if your shield breaks? Good luck, especially considering finding a replacement can take quite a long time and melee combat becomes infeasible during that period, forcing you to the "duck behind cover and take potshots with my crossbow every four seconds" technique. Weapons that you find are either decently powerful but are so slow to swing/shoot that you end up getting hit on the wind-up, or faster but extremely weak to the point that you might as well be shooting spitballs. There are enchanted weapons, but their enchantment only lasts a set number of (powerful) attacks before running out, at which point it too becomes weak. Every hit you take from an enemy is really punishing. There's no tanking of damage in this game. And no, there's no regenerating health. Nor do there seem to be healing spells. There are potions, but they're extremely few and far between (and must be split between both PCs, mind you).

Part of this is just me doing an angry nerd rage over what I thought would be a fun co-op game, but nonetheless... I feel that the game had a lot of promise but its execution was a little flawed. If you're really good at these types of games and you and a friend are desperate for co-op, it might be an okay choice. Just not my thang, though.

Also, Far Cry 3 rocks. Finally got with the program.

Not sure where to dump this or if it's not already somewhere else, but here's a good spot...

Various Freemium MMO's, we should form a group here so we can all get together on these things.

I play:

League of Legends

Planetside 2

Minecraft (with Tekkit) well, it's not really freemium, but it is something we can do together

Mechwarrior Online

Perhaps these could get their own Topic, for people to gather upon. But I'll leave that to Mods to deem if it's appropriate.

Started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic a few weeks ago, have a lvl 28 Republic Commando but started over just now as a Jedi Knight because the Trooper ship is just ugly as sin. And the Jedi Consular armor is also fugly.

Started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic a few weeks ago, have a lvl 28 Republic Commando but started over just now as a Jedi Knight because the Trooper ship is just ugly as sin. And the Jedi Consular armor is also fugly.

Hmm, now that it's F2P, I might try it.

Are you playing it on PC, or on a console?

Hmm, now that it's F2P, I might try it.

Are you playing it on PC, or on a console?

I don't think it's on consoles... but yeah, PC.

I really don't see either a PS4 or whatever they call the nextbox fixing any issues with the gaming world at the moment. They're focusing on raw horsepower which is silly, games look great now as is. We're already hitting the uncanny valley with Crysis 3.

If these systems are inelegant in their architecture we're going to be forced to have another 4 years of "feeling the system out" and getting pretty but hallow tech demos. Count me out on that.

Watch Dogs (if it's shown tonight) will be the barometer of how well I think the first set of PS4 can potentially be.

I really don't see either a PS4 or whatever they call the nextbox fixing any issues with the gaming world at the moment. They're focusing on raw horsepower which is silly, games look great now as is. We're already hitting the uncanny valley with Crysis 3.

If these systems are inelegant in their architecture we're going to be forced to have another 4 years of "feeling the system out" and getting pretty but hallow tech demos. Count me out on that.

Watch Dogs (if it's shown tonight) will be the barometer of how well I think the first set of PS4 can potentially be.

No consoles will ever match a high end PC.