King Bowser: 5

Apocalypse vs. Wildcats

MATCH SCORE
Apocalypse: 8
Wildcats: 0

Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic War

The Death of the Gatekeeper

I,being the fastest, run up to Tom and drag him out of the vicinity. Then I turn towards Fang and said with a deep breath "Give me the extinguisher."

Seeing Tom out of the way, I roll Jeff the extinguisher so he can jam it in a crevice in the monster... I yell for everyone to take cover and fire soon as Jeff gets out of the way, this could get VERY messy...

I run as fast as my legs could stand and jam the extinguisher as hard as possible in between a couple of its bodies. Then I roll into the shadows nearby.

I duck down and try to cover myself from what may rain down by holding the door shield above me.

Everyones almost in position. I whip out the pistol. I aim for the head piece of the extinguisher. The resultant concussion blast, plus the little "extrta" I added should blow real nicely. Hopefully the impact or shrapnel finishes this guy...if not Im officially out of ideas at the moment.

Aiming I wait for the last of us to be in place with weapons and in cover...Going over the plan in my head, I think: When its clear we'll all blast away at the extinguisher, causing the explosion. I almost want to yell "FIRE", but everyone already has the cue...

Everyones almost in position. I whip out the pistol. I aim for the head piece of the extinguisher. The resultant concussion blast, plus the little "extrta" I added should blow real nicely. Hopefully the impact or shrapnel finishes this guy...if not Im officially out of ideas at the moment.

Aiming I wait for the last of us to be in place with weapons and in cover...Going over the plan in my head, I think: When its clear we'll all blast away at the extinguisher, causing the explosion. I almost want to yell "FIRE", but everyone already has the cue...

"I'm ready! Fire at will." Richard commanded Fang.

The explosion of the pressurized container happens at just the right time, when the blob is fitting a part of itself into a smaller space in order to get to one survivor, a teenage boy, who's paralyzed by fear behind a desk. The monster is teared in two by the impact, and slime flies everywhere. The bigger part is fazed, but not dead, though a lot of its inner corpses are now visible. You can actually see a few zombie heads sticking out from under the slime.

"Shoot the zombies!" James, who had watched the plan unfold from a distance had suddenly regained new courage, ran closer, and started shooting at the heads sticking out. "It's just a useless pool of slime if the zombies are killed! Hurry, before it produces more goo to protect its innards!" James is excited, almost maniacal again. Thanks to the succeded trick the crew pulled, he has seen a way to defeat the seemingly immortal creature. He sees Richard and the rifle in his hands. "You there! You with the big gun! Get close to it and start blasting holes into the slime to dig deeper! We'll need to hit the head of every single zombie inside that thing! Turn away when you shoot so the slime won't get in your eyes and your mouth, but otherwise the gooey stuff is pretty harmless when it's not attached to zombies."

The smaller part left from the explosion is still trying to get to the survivor in the corner. It's roughly the size of three adult humans, and its movement is restricted: You see that it consists of just one whole zombie, walking slowly in the slime, dragging behind itself a headless body and the torso of a zombie teared in two as well. The zombie that's keeping it moving could probably be disabled with a couple of good hits with a melee weapon, since the layer of slime protecting it is very thin.

Oh hell yeah! Worked like a charm. Its short lived, as before I can congratulater myself, I can see the thing trying to move. While Richie and the psycho blast away at it. At the same time I see a remnant go after a kid...ugh decisions.

I see Jeff next to me, I tell him to rescue the kid while he helps finish off the beast.

I push Jeff back and tell him that I got this. I say as I run towards the remant going after the kid and knock it upside the head with my bat.

"Fang! Help Richie and Jeff!I got this undead freak!" I yell as I beat the creature some more.

The explosion of the pressurized container happens at just the right time, when the blob is fitting a part of itself into a smaller space in order to get to one survivor, a teenage boy, who's paralyzed by fear behind a desk. The monster is teared in two by the impact, and slime flies everywhere. The bigger part is fazed, but not dead, though a lot of its inner corpses are now visible. You can actually see a few zombie heads sticking out from under the slime.

"Shoot the zombies!" James, who had watched the plan unfold from a distance had suddenly regained new courage, ran closer, and started shooting at the heads sticking out. "It's just a useless pool of slime if the zombies are killed! Hurry, before it produces more goo to protect its innards!" James is excited, almost maniacal again. Thanks to the succeded trick the crew pulled, he has seen a way to defeat the seemingly immortal creature. He sees Richard and the shotgun in his hands. "You there! You with the shotgun! Get close to it and start blasting holes into the slime to dig deeper! We'll need to hit the head of every single zombie inside that thing! Turn away when you shoot so the slime won't get in your eyes and your mouth, but otherwise the gooey stuff is pretty harmless when it's not attached to zombies."

The smaller part left from the explosion is still trying to get to the survivor in the corner. It's roughly the size of three adult humans, and its movement is restricted: You see that it consists of just one whole zombie, walking slowly in the slime, dragging behind itself a headless body and the torso of a zombie teared in two as well. The zombie that's keeping it moving could probably be disabled with a couple of good hits with a melee weapon, since the layer of slime protecting it is very thin.

Richie does so, unloading some bullets on the creatures. "A rifle can easily take it out right now. And it's seemingly working."

OOC: I have a rifle, not a shotgun.

I push Jeff back and tell him that I got this. I say as I run towards the remant going after the kid and knock it upside the head with my bat.

"Fang! Help Richie and Jeff!I got this undead freak!" I yell as I beat the creature some more.

While he takes care of the kid, I rush over to get a look at my handy-work. Everyone is firing at the zombies that are important, and I decide to join in with the pistol. Eventually Jeff comes as well with the spray can and lighter.I back everyone off from firing and allow him some room to filet the corpse.

I reluctantly move closer to the creature. I'm still terrified of it, but the makeshift weapon ebbs a bit of that away. With that, I go full auto on it, spraying what's left off the can, and watch as the flames shoot at the creature.

OOC: @HWFM: Fixed.

Tom: You hack away at the creature so eagerly that you fail to notice the hand of the half of a zombie that suddenly reaches out from the slime and grabs your ankle.

Richard: You and James are shooting away, and big chunks of the beast fly away, leaving the zombies inside vulnerable. But the ammunition is running low, and there's still approximately forty square feet of the thing left to kill. It's working, but there has to be a better way. Suddenly, a hand reaches out from the slime and grabs you by the right wrist. Instinctively, James grabs you as well to keep the monster from pulling you in, and you find yourself in the middle of a tug of war. Your rifle drops to the ground.

Fang: Seems the explosion tore away most of the slime, the primary annoyance in that creature. You can now see the zombies inside it more clearly, and can use your knowledge of them to see that most of them are going for the stairs - and the rest of the survivors down on the first floor. Seems it's just about had it with you guys, and it's looking for some easier prey.

Jeff: The burning works pretty well. With the holes in the slime, there's finally something that you know by now catches fire well: zombies. It's quite a sight when a moving glob of jello starts burning in several different places, casting flames from its innards. Yet fire can't reach the ones still sealed inside the mass of slime. Catching your breath, you suddenly notice what everyone else had missed: Lying in one corner of the room was an old propane tank. You had seen these on your travels, and knew it was flammable stuff. It's too heavy to lift on your own, but maybe if you could get two-three people to help you...

OOC: @HWFM: Fixed.

Tom: You hack away at the creature so eagerly that you fail to notice the hand of the half of a zombie that suddenly reaches out from the slime and grabs your ankle.

Richard: You and James are shooting away, and big chunks of the beast fly away, leaving the zombies inside vulnerable. But the ammunition is running low, and there's still approximately forty square feet of the thing left to kill. It's working, but there has to be a better way. Suddenly, a hand reaches out from the slime and grabs you by the right wrist. Instinctively, James grabs you as well to keep the monster from pulling you in, and you find yourself in the middle of a tug of war. Your rifle drops to the ground.

Fang: Seems the explosion tore away most of the slime, the primary annoyance in that creature. You can now see the zombies inside it more clearly, and can use your knowledge of them to see that most of them are going for the stairs - and the rest of the survivors down on the first floor. Seems it's just about had it with you guys, and it's looking for some easier prey.

Jeff: The burning works pretty well. With the holes in the slime, there's finally something that you know by now catches fire well: zombies. It's quite a sight when a moving glob of jello starts burning in several different places, casting flames from its innards. Yet fire can't reach the ones still sealed inside the mass of slime. Catching your breath, you suddenly notice what everyone else had missed: Lying in one corner of the room was an old propane tank. You had seen these on your travels, and knew it was flammable stuff. It's too heavy to lift on your own, but maybe if you could get two-three people to help you...

I gasp as I fall down in fright but realize that now I made the biggest mistake as the zombie starts crawling towards me now. Nooo! I say wacking him even harder with the bat.

Seeing the goo grabbing him, Richie pulls himself out, using all the strength he has on his right side, even using his legs to propel himself. He unravels his E-tool and hacks at whatever the hell would be attacking. "Grab the rifle immediately!" he commanded James.

I yell at Fang "Come help me with this thing!"

I yell at Fang "Come help me with this thing!"

I turn and see Jeff trying to roll something big...not sure what it is, but if it helps...

I rush over and help him move the thing into place.

Perfect, I thought to myself as me and Fang push the thing near the creature. I head back from it, and tell Fang to shoot it from afar.

Perfect, I thought to myself as me and Fang push the thing near the creature. I head back from it, and tell Fang to shoot it from afar.

"Not yet! We still got budfies near there"

He was pissed. No doubt, but I wasnt gonna blow up anyone I didnt have to. I can see the two struggling to get out of the way. Then I turn anc see Tom fighting off the zombie spawn. I turn to Jeff and signal for him to save Tom. I on the other hand, try and shoot at the arm so James can get Richie the hell out of there.

"Dont have all day fellas. Gotta blow up this sucker!"

OOC: I'm going away for the weekend and probably can't get online during that time, so I'll give you permission to wrap up Chapter 1 how you see fit. You can end this either downstairs or outside, or in Richie's home next door drinking whiskey for all I care. The next chapter will then start with James and Mindy taking you to the next scene in this story, which will then really kick off the role-playing. I'll tell you more when it's time. The communication between the characters is getting better all the time, so I hope we get some good IC-conversations while we wait!

Fang and Jeff: The tank is heavy, but you two manage to get it to the monster without straining yourselves. "It's going to be a huge firework", Jeff says, knowing what that kind of pressure will do when suddenly released.

Richard: James obliges, but sees the propane tank right next to the beast. "It's gonna blow!" he shouts, jumps back and runs past the monster and down the stairs, but forgets to give you back your rifle. "Damn bother", you think to yourself.

Tom: You manage to get a good swing in and break the skull of the zombie, which releases your ankle upon dying. The smaller mass stops moving and starts slumping together, as all the zombies inside it are now dead. You get on your feet, but hear James' warning. You see the kid in the corner, still unable to move.

Y'all: The beast is going to die from this explosion, but the released fumes are going to turn the whole second floor into a flaming inferno. Downstairs, the rest of the survivors are waiting for you, but the broken doors will soon attract a few more odd zombies to the scene. No armies of them - the reason for the small number of zombies in this neighbourhood will be revealed in time - but a small, spread-out group for you to practice your skills on. Most of the other survivors (except Miriam) are too old or too young, so don't expect any help from them.

I look at the kid and pick him and tell him to hold onto me. I say as I run downstairs with him on my back.

Richie chases after James, "Wait dammit!" he yells. "Give me the rifle and lets all get our asses out of here." Once this is over, Richard contemplates on inviting everyone else at his place, where he thinks he'll get something that'll work, or even cook them up a bite to eat.

Everyone finally escapes the floor to outside. Only me and Richie stay(near the stairs) to blow this place. The beast worse for wear but still standing attempts to turn to us...we take aim and get ready to run...

OOC: I'm back, so disregard what I wrote earlier. Time to get crackin'. Chapter 2 starting soon...

Fang and Richie fire away at the tank, and as they blow a hole in it, they just manage to leap aside when the ignited fumes blow the upper floor apart. Only a collective scream is heard as the Blob is burned to ashes almost in front of your eyes.

A bit later, the group is sitting in Richie's home. His wife has cooked the team portions of macaroni and cheese, and everyone's finally able to catch their breath and heal their wounds. Both Fang and Richard have received mild burns, but nothing serious. "The Doc will fix that", James says. Mindy, who has just woken up, is quite happy with the idea of taking the whole group to their base, which is located in the large hospital in the middle of the town. "There are never too many of us", she says. "Besides, we need help if we're to find Buck."

"Bso, bwhat bdo you bguys bsay?" James asks with his mouth full of mac n' cheese. "We could really use a couple of good fighters such as yourselves if we're to escape from this godforsaken town. I'm sure we can fit you all in the back of our pickup truck."