Reptile: 1

Gambit vs. Afro Samurai

MATCH SCORE
Gambit: 4
Afro Samurai: 7

Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic War

The Death of the Gatekeeper

OOC: Good job, you guys. You got the hang of this quickly. This is getting exciting...

Jeff: You return to the front, where James has just finished off the zombies, and is in the process of lighting a cigarette. Seems these shamblers were the only ones in the close vicinity, because you see none coming to investigate the sounds. Mindy has just locked the car doors and is walking to the station doors. You spot a quick sign of contempt on James' face when you tell him about the well-barricaded building. But then, just as quickly, he lifts his gun and shoots the lock off the door to the station. With a kick, he manages to smash the double doors wide open. You walk in, and see a guy and a girl holding some random equipment in their hands (OOC: For the rest, read below).

Fang and Miriam: Everything looks set. As you prepare to make quick work of the creeps in the pantry, you suddenly hear several shots outside. Before you have time to react, three people burst in through the door. One James Dean-esque guy with a lighted cigarette dangling from his lips and a big handgun in his right hand. Behind him, you see a woman in a nurse's outfit and another guy with a descriptive scar on his face. An odd bunch indeed. "Did someone call the Ghostbusters?" the armed man asks and grins. Just then, you see the handle on the pantry door go down and the door slowly opening. Fang's suspicions prove correct: The face of an infected peers from behind the door that is now ajar, and you can see more of them just behind him, readying themselves to jump at you...

Richie: You strike the creature in the head. It falls to the ground, and remains still. Probably dead. Just one more corpse in your path. Still, seeing the dead man in the next room removes any trace of guilt you might feel for killing an intellectually challenged cannibal. Just as you wipe your E-tool on a rag hanging on the wall, a small boy, one of the survivors, comes to you. He's bleeding from his left arm, and he's trying his best to cover the wound with his right hand. "Please, sir", he says, nearly crying. "There... there are two more in the back of the dark room. My grandpa is still there..."

I watch as the others all stare at the Infected. I wait patiently for James to shoot him, but no shot rings out. Sighing, I quickly say "Don't just stand there! Shoot him!"

I heard a loud bang as I was planning the blast, me and miriam got caught of guard...when we looked back we had an oh crap expression.Theyre breaking out,oh hell. I cant reach my rifle, itd be too slow anyways, and the fire extinguisher is too risky. The others who rushed into the room are hesitating which isnt helpful. Only hope is the hairspray canister. I draw one of the matches, and light the thing.Then the can is raised and I point it in the room while Miriam tries to hold the door closed defensively in case the thing goes bad. This gonna be close, as I fire the spray through the flame...

Burn suckers!

Worrying and fretting, he promised to the boy that Richie would find his grandfather. "I need a flashlight." he said to himself. Rummaging for a light source, he would find a flashlight that was rather large flashlight. Richie slapped it, activating it. He would see two zombies and an elderly man. He used the activated flashlight to guide his strike. Stepping back while the groan and shamble, Richie goes to the defensive.

Fang: The plan works. It seems the infected had doused themselves in oil or something when going through the pantry, but they seem to be catching fire very easily. Closing the door and letting them burn in peace would perhaps be the best thing to do right now, but before you have the time to react, one of the newcomers step in front of you and starts shooting the burning creatures. It certainly is a quicker way to deal with them, but wasting ammo in that manner might not be the most ideal survival strategy. Suddenly, one of the burning infected jumps out from the doorway and grab Miriam. You can't shoot without risking to hit her as well.

Miriam: Before you know it, one of the burning infected from the room jumps at you and grabs you by the neck. You manage to keep it at a distance with your arms, but its grip on you is tight, and you find it's getting harder and harder to breathe.

Jeff: James gives you a quick look and whispers: "Don't get your panties in a twist", before he steps towards the door and starts shooting inside the pantry that is now on fire. And he laughs. Not just an amused laugh: his laugh sounds like the maniacal cackling of a raving lunatic. The insane creatures inside are running around, screaming like madmen, and for a second, you can't really tell the difference between James and the monsters. Mindy, who is still standing beside you, is shaking. You can only imagine what it might feel like to see a person you love slowly descending to madness in front of your eyes. Suddenly, Mindy collapses. You barely manage to catch her before she hits the ground. She's barely conscious, and she's hyperventilating. You need to get her some help fast.

Richie: You swing your weapon effectively and manage to knock down one of the monsters. However, you wonder why they seem to not at all be fazed by you snapping their elbows, and why they keep trying to bite you. Suddenly, you hear a growling behind you, and realize that you're surrounded. There's at least three more of them, coming at you from every direction. You're severely outnumbered, and the old man in the corner seems to be lapsing into some kind of a fit. Things are not looking bright.

Tom: You managed to hide when the zombies stepped into the room and started slaughtering the small group of survivors you had been hiding with for the time being. As opposed to most of the others, you had been outside, and had seen what all this was about. People are truly rising from the dead. Somehow, they had managed to get inside the police station, and there are still six of them on the loose. You suspect the little Italian boy, whom you had often seen sneaking around the building at night for leaving the door unlocked. Right now, the kid is standing on the doorway to the zombie-infested room, sobbing loudly. The military guy who just went inside might need some help.

"OK, here goes nothing!" Richie sighed. Using his E-tool as an axe and flashlight as a club, he attacked two of them horizontally, aiming for their heads of course. He rationalized that they had rabies and Richie fought with caution and calm. Knowing that the flashlight is made of metal, he bashed a zombie in the head and cleaved another one's head, creating an opening. HE dodged a zombies bite and ran as fast as he can.

Miriam: Before you know it, one of the burning infected from the room jumps at you and grabs you by the neck. You manage to keep it at a distance with your arms, but its grip on you is tight, and you find it's getting harder and harder to breathe.

"Crap! Stupid ass, Useless idiots!" Is about the only thing I can think of the new survivors, one trigger happy psycho targeting on the wrong things and the other two are...doing something useless.

"Hold on Miriam!"

A shot is too risky. I raise the rifle,like a club, already knowing that. This is way too dangerous but I cant think of a worse way to die than flaming zombie...the fact it being a flaming zombie is my fault is affecting this action as well. I give a glance on everyone else in the room..."If I die Im so haunting your asses." I charge and aim the butt of the rifle at the burning corpses skull.

I yell as loud as I can for anyone to help. I hear nothing in the next few minutes, so I pick her up and try to find someone who has some medical knowledge.

The rifle smashes through the zombies skull and it's brains splatter across her face she quickly tosses it aside and finds herself on fire and quickly jumps back onto the ground. " Eeeekk!" She shrieks as she begins rolling around the floor to put it out until she finally manages to snuff it out. Her clothes lightly scorched she stands "Okay lets not do that again, Sound good".

I see the miltary dude run out and I chase after him and tell him to stop while Richie pulls his head inside his shell trigging the pistol tied to the top of his shell.

"Richie no!" I yell as I hear the gun shoot.

I see the miltary dude run out and I chase after him and tell him to stop while Richie pulls his head inside his shell trigging the pistol tied to the top of his shell.

"Richie no!" I yell as I hear the gun shoot.

Richard dodges the bullet, albeit barely. "Back in the military, we don't rig animals as weapons. And besides, the name's Richard. Richie's my army nickname. Take the gun off, give it to me, and I'll take care of 'em!" It was a good thing the bullet didn't graze him. Being in the Special Forces, he knew how to avoid being shot after being riddled with many AK-47 bullets.

Richard dodges the bullet, albeit barely. "Back in the military, we don't rig animals as weapons. And besides, the name's Richard. Richie's my army nickname. Take the gun off, give it to me, and I'll take care of 'em!" It was a good thing the bullet didn't graze him. Being in the Special Forces, he knew how to avoid being shot after being riddled with many AK-47 bullets.

"Richie's my turtle's name dude." I say as I hold Richie close to me. "Sorry Rich I can't do that cause if anything were to happen to me and Richie didn'thave that gun he would be just be a can of meat those undead bastards need to pry open." I say sadly.

"Richie's my turtle's name dude." I say as I hold Richie close to me. "Sorry Rich I can't do that cause if anything were to happen to me and Richie didn'thave that gun he would be just be a can of meat those undead bastards need to pry open." I say sadly.

"I see, but we all have to work together to preserve humanity. We should do what we have to do. Hell, for humanity, I might even sacrifice myself."

A tear starts to fall down my face as I take off the gun that is on Richie's head and give it to you. Ju-Hey!" I say as a zombie pushes me over and takes Richie. Cmon on! We got to get Richie back! I say as I chase after the zombie.

A tear starts to fall down my face as I take off the gun that is on Richie's head and give it to you. Ju-Hey!" I say as a zombie pushes me over and takes Richie. Cmon on! We got to get Richie back! I say as I chase after the zombie.

Riche then takes the gun and shoots it at the zombie's head. "Being a good marksman, I'm sure it'll go down. These things run out of ammunition, so you have to regulate it, not your turtle, as animals are unreliable. Get your turtle and go downstairs, I'll meet you there once I clean up the mess."

Riche then takes the gun and shoots it at the zombie's head. "Being a good marksman, I'm sure it'll go down. These things run out of ammunition, so you have to regulate it, not your turtle, as animals are unreliable. Get your turtle and go downstairs, I'll meet you there once I clean up the mess."

"Kay. Cmon on Richie." I say as I put Richie in my pocket (hes small enough to fit.) I then see a half eaten corpse and take the shotgun of its well...stubs.

OOC: I love the interacting. Keep it going.

The ground floor team: The infected are toast. The last one of them slumps to the ground shortly after the trigger-happy James leaves the door. The threat is over, and James looks most happy. However, when he sees Mindy lying on the floor, unconscious, the expression on his face changes very quickly. He runs over to her, pushes Jeff to the side, and embraces Mindy. Jeff can hear him silently humming a melody. Miriam, who's just in the process of cleaning the blood off of her face, remembers there is an old nurse in the group of survivors upstairs. Or, at least there used to be. If she's still alive, maybe she can help?

Suddenly, one from the group upstairs runs down the stairs. Fang and Miriam recognize him as the boy who's always carrying his pet turtle around. He tells of the situation upstairs, of the army guy who's fighting zombies all by himself.

"What if there are more on the way?" Jeff asks and points at the outer door which James had shot the lock off a minute ago.

Richie: As you take a tighter grip on your weapon, you suddenly see something in the shadows of that dark room that makes you uneasy. The 'zombies' are usually human size, but what you just saw there... is not. An old woman, who'd been hiding inside a closet nearby steps out and stops you from going in. "Mister, stop, it's... it's... a giant. It's hungry. Run while you still can." With that, the old woman backs off towards the stairs. You take another look at the door of that room you already had been inside of. How come you hadn't seen that beast before? Granted, it had been dark, but still. The gun in your hand doesn't feel as powerful anymore as you hear a roar from that room that freezes the blood in your veins...

OOC: First boss fight coming. I'll show the monster in the next post. Organize your troops and form a strategy (fighting and running away are both viable tactics). Character interaction recommended. Note that this is the first and the last time I'll be telling about a boss fight beforehand.

OCC: Awsome! A boss fight!

I hear a roar and I feel Richie shaking inside his shell so I take out my baseball bat and close the pocket Richie is in to protect him even more as I hold the baseball bat with one hand and in the other a shotgun.

"What's that? Oh shit..." Richard said, wondering about the old woman's words. "You there, assemble every combatant possible! We got a real monster ahead!" he said, pointing to Tom. Richard then gone near the stairs. "I think also I need backup for this guy. Half of us will occupy downstairs, and my portion will occupy the attic!"

"Gotcha. Richie you just stay in that pocket where its safe." I say getting ready to fight whatever was in that room.

"What's that? Oh shit..." Richard said, wondering about the old woman's words. "You there, assemble every combatant possible! We got a real monster ahead!" he said, pointing to Tom. Richard then gone near the stairs. "I think also I need backup for this guy. Half of us will occupy downstairs, and my portion will occupy the attic!"

Hmph, Mr. Hero want to take charge...looking at the rest of the cast,think, Id hate to leave everything in the hands of tat psycho with the gun, but I figure Miriam can handle things. Great, I just volunteered myslef...looking towards the man I raise my rifle just having finished loading it, with the fire extinguisher I rigged to blast earlier in my lowered hand.

"Ill go with you, maybe I can help analyze this thing...and kill it of course"

As I walk past him I note the handgun in his hand...Id be a better shot with that lighter weapon. I offer the rifle and its ammo in exchange for the pistol as we make our way.

(Wait so is it just me on the bottom floor?Or is your guy talking about Tom Kev?)

I hear a rumbling and fall flat on my ass and start sweating fast. "Oh man. I see (Your guy Kev) walk up the stairs but I grab his arm and hand him Richie.

"Listen dude I want you to protect him with your life if anything happens to me. But if I find out you let him get killed I swear to any god that I will haunt you for the rest of your days. You got that!?" I yelled, as the rumbling got even louder .

(Wait so is it just me on the bottom floor?Or is your guy talking about Tom Kev?)

OOC:Im going up with HWFM, I think Jeffs NPC allies are on bottom floor unless noted.

OOC:Im going up with HWFM, I think Jeffs NPC allies are on bottom floor unless noted.

(Yeah but I grabbed you while you were going up.)