The Land Of Oz vs. Wonderland

MATCH SCORE
The Land of Oz: 3
Wonderland: 4

Joxer the Mighty vs. Xander Harris

MATCH SCORE
Joxer the Mighty: 3
Xander Harris: 1

Batman (Earth-31) vs. Batman (Thomas Wayne)

MATCH SCORE
Batman (Earth-31): 3
Batman (Thomas Wayne): 2

Klaus (BOOM!) vs. Santa Claus (Santa's Slay)

MATCH SCORE
Klaus (BOOM!): 4
Santa Claus (Santa's Slay): 0

Magnus

Movies

Pain and Gain was the movie Michael Bay was born to make. It takes all of his obnoxious quirks and stylistic choices and gives them purpose. I dug it.

Oblivion sucked. Nonsensical story with nothing going on to divert you from its stupidity. It's pretty, but that's about it.

The Evil Dead remake was solid. Good gory special effects, and a lot of it is practical stuff instead of cg. It keeps to the spirit of the original while being different enough, which is the ideal way to remake a movie. 

The new GI Joe: Brilliant mountain ninja sequence, not much else of interest. Worth watching for said sequence, though.

Olympus has Fallen wasn't pulpy enough. It needed to be more Die Hard ripoff and less jingoistic propaganda. Taking itself seriously was its downfall.

Superman Unbound was great and and I loved it. Very well done. A live action Superman film similar to that would be nice.

I cannot wait for Pacific Rim. That movie seriously looks like someone found out everything that I liked and rolled it into one movie. 

Pacific Rim looks like it will blow away all 3 Transformer films. Looks amazing.  

Three things:

1.  Bay's on the defense now.  Apparently Transformers fans aren't as easily offend as TMNT fans (but to be fair IT'S IN THEIR NAME WHY EVEN TRY TO MAKE THEM ALIENS! ) He's line "IT'S THE OOZE!"

2.  Excited for Iron Man 3.  Finally got my GF into the Marvel movies.  If I'm lucky we can see it Sunday afternoon.

3.  Netflix lost about 2000 movies....great.  

Iron Man 3 was good, but I had higher expectations.  The end battle seemed really rushed.  Ben Kingsley was awesome.

"Look kid, sometimes dads leave, but you don't have to be a pussy about it."

-Tony Stark

Ironman 3 was great and the right away to end this first trilogy. It didn't need any over the top action or an other stupid mess. Just a good story to close out the film and see how Tony's doing after Avengers. Tony Stark has always been the one to be affected by things like that. Captain America can deal with that whole thing better then Tony can. Very interesting. I didn't stay to see if they had a different after credits scene then the one that was spoiled online. Was it the same scene? 

That was great. Mandarin...whoa.

Here's a very interesting recent high possibility for Avengers 2 roster and possible story lines crossover and whatnot

it will interesting to see how this turns out. They're currently which pretty much means they will be in Avengers 2 but stuff can still change (not that it will though)

Umm...as cool as it would be to have them...it's not possible.  Aren't they technically part of the X-Men line?  X-Men rights belong to Fox.  It would be difficult and a lot of red-tape to cut through.  Of course they could just BS a storyline origin that isn't mutant but then things get nuts.

There isn't a lot of red tape. Fox and Marvel Studios both have rights to the characters. Marvel just can't say there mutants or mention anything X-Men related in their films. In vice versa Fox can't mention the Avengers or anything related to them in their films.  It seems like Marvel is thinking of using them. Honestly Scarlett and Quicksilver have more history with the Avengers anyways. I would love to see them. Marvel could just have them be superhumans or call them metahumans. Very simple and the backstory wouldn't be a problem.

Oh and in other Marvel news Marvel Studios got the rights back to Ghost Rider. First Daredevil now Ghost Rider. Damn that studio is on a roll. You add in Punisher that's great.

Channing Tatum...is attempting to be John McClane.

PS: I liked Iron Man 3, maybe not perfect but I don't have any real complaints for it(and circumstances made me see it multiple times). Tony was on his A-Game- "You know how I can tell? Cause we're connected!". Though anyone who thought the lack of suit for action scenes in the second act was a downfall of the film clearly didn't properly appreciate Tony Stark running around with a single repulsor glove, a mac-10, and a handbook on how to be MacGyver during those scenes.

PPS: Poor poor Mk. 42...there could be a drinking game based around scenes with it.

Going in based off the trailers and tv spots released I already guessed Tony wouldn't use Extremis to create a armor in that film. Maybe he does it for Avengers 2 which would be nice.

I wasn't upset about the large expanses of the story without the armor, that was my favorite part. The best Iron Man story is one where you take away everything and watch him outsmart everyone and all odds to beat the bad guy, the best Iron Man stories are about Stark, not the armor.

Like Silver Surfer though, I too was expecting him to integrate Extremis tech into his armor, seeing as how that's the whole point of the Extremis storyline. It was still a good movie, I liked it.

• Like 1

I wasn't upset about the large expanses of the story without the armor, that was my favorite part. The best Iron Man story is one where you take away everything and watch him outsmart everyone and all odds to beat the bad guy, the best Iron Man stories are about Stark, not the armor.

Completely agreed. The fact that he spent a good portion of the movie without any of his high-tech toys was, in my opinion, one of the strong points of the whole thing. Captain America is probably eating his "Big man in a suit of armor" line right now.

But if he says he's not gonna be Iron Man anymore, how is he going to be in the Avengers 2?

Also, the way they handled the emotional trauma from the Avengers was... to be desired. I mean, the bad dreams, sure. I thought the scene where the Iron Man armor grabs Pepper was nice. Him just having a heart attack every time someone mentions the events that happened though, it seems a bit corny and trivial.

Yeah, him having all these panic attacks was kind of silly. I can see the nightmares, but the anxiety attacks were just dumb. I liked the movie and wasn't at all sad about him not being in the armor. Heck, I hated how defenseless he was at times without it. I wanted more MacGyver stuff in there. I also really wanted the little kid to be some awesome prodigy that helped Tony create a new suit to go back to Miami in. They pulled a Superman Returns, but a bit less so. SR played up Connor, while Iron Man didn't, but they both got my hopes up.

I realized, in the end, that this movie was a lot like DKR. If you really think about it, Main guy turned their back on someone or harmed them in some way. This person gets pissed, goes after the main character, almost succeeds, until the main character finds some emotion or character trait that they didn't have before. Then wallah, victory is theirs! Then at the end, they "hang up" the mantle. Batman passed it on and Tony just realized he didn't need the suit to be Iron Man. I don't think Tony ever really said he quit with the suits, he just quit using them to hide behind. He dragged the little garage robot away at the end, showing that he isn't done.

Overall it was good, but I think Iron Man 1 was the best. I'll have to watch it again. Iron Man 2 is easily the worst.

Captain America is probably eating his "Big man in a suit of armor" line right now.

"What are you without the armor?"

"Iron Man."

Oh and in other Marvel news Marvel Studios got the rights back to Ghost Rider. First Daredevil now Ghost Rider. Damn that studio is on a roll. You add in Punisher that's great.

If you mean "you add in Punisher that's great" in the fact if they did, they already own the rights to Punisher. I probably just misunderstood thought. Anyway they also have the rights to Blade.

Anyway here is pretty the main reason I'm posting. I found this interesting thought and idea in one of the articles on screenrant concerning lesser known characters, which I think would be pretty cool to see happen.

Anyway here it is

Feige was answering a question about the possibility of using Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as a launch pad for unused Marvel characters – a roster that has recently grown with the return of Daredevil and also The Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider to Marvel’s control – but it would seemingly apply to existing Phase 1 and Phase 2 characters as well, like Tony Stark.

That doesn’t mean that every Marvel character should be considered in play, though. A TV show is not a comic book – logic, believability, and availability play a part in the equation. I can’t imagine that Thor will ride a thunder bolt down to fill out some paperwork for HR, or that Agent Coulson will de-brief Blade, but some characters like Stark, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and maybe Daredevil could work in small doses. This assumes, though, that Downey, Jeremy Renner and/or Scarlett Johansson are game, and that Marvel wants to debut their new Daredevil in that format or ask people to stomach more re-castings.

Mainly the thing about lesser known characters is what I'm talking about. Of course, nothing is for sure though

Wait, so Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and X-Men are the only franchises they don't have?