7:2 - Joxer the Mighty vs. Macho Man Randy Savage

MATCH SCORE
Joxer the Mighty: 4
Macho Man Randy Savage: 8

7:2 - David Xanatos vs. Doctor Doom

MATCH SCORE
David Xanatos: 0
Doctor Doom: 16

7:2 - Josie And The Pussycats vs. Asuka (WWE)

MATCH SCORE
Josie And The Pussycats: 13
Asuka (WWE): 10

7:2 - Light Yagami vs. Mister Fantastic

MATCH SCORE
Light Yagami: 11
Mister Fantastic: 7

7:2 - Pinhead vs. Dark Willow

MATCH SCORE
Pinhead: 9
Dark Willow: 11

7:2 - Tramp (Disney) vs. Dex-Starr

MATCH SCORE
Tramp (Disney): 11
Dex-Starr: 4

7:2 - The Three Stooges vs. Powerline

MATCH SCORE
The Three Stooges: 1
Powerline: 12

7:2 - The Misfits vs. Sideshow Bob

MATCH SCORE
The Misfits: 5
Sideshow Bob: 7

7:2 - Godzooky vs. Charlie Barkin

MATCH SCORE
Godzooky: 5
Charlie Barkin: 9

7:2 - Starkiller vs. Vulcan(Gabriel Summers)

MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 6
Vulcan(Gabriel Summers): 14

7:2 - F91 Gundam vs. King Ghidorah

MATCH SCORE
F91 Gundam: 3
King Ghidorah: 12

7:2 - High Evolutionary vs. Rick Sanchez

MATCH SCORE
High Evolutionary: 9
Rick Sanchez: 3

7:2 - Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures) vs. Damian Wayne

MATCH SCORE
Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures): 9
Damian Wayne: 10

7:2 - Queen Barb vs. Animal

MATCH SCORE
Queen Barb: 3
Animal (Muppets): 9

7:2 - Dr. Horrible vs. The Tenth Doctor

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Horrible: 3
The Tenth Doctor: 9

7:2 - Mister Mind vs. Doctor Sivana

MATCH SCORE
Mister Mind: 14
Doctor Sivana: 1

7:2 - Nova vs. Porunga

MATCH SCORE
Nova: 15
Porunga: 4

7:2 - Android 21 vs. Arcade

MATCH SCORE
Android 21: 10
Arcade: 7

Scarlet Witch vs. Freddy Krueger

MATCH SCORE
Scarlet Witch: 6
Freddy Krueger: 2

Magnus

Movies

It didn't do well at all. It wasn't even close to breaking even.

Damn that sucks. I think there were so many more popular films that came out that Dredd was probably hurt by them.

By the way, I saw Movie 43 the other day. Do not, by any means, spend money to watch that film. It was the worst movie I've seen in quite a while. It was close to being a waste of my time and money.

It has no real plot to it, and the jokes aren't "ha-ha" funny. They're a weird blend of over-the-top, quirky, random, (often vulgar) humor that I feel only really resonates with a small number of the population. I spent more time going "what the hell?" than I did laughing, which isn't a good thing in a comedy. The film is like 80% strange, 15% mildly amusing, and 5% (tops) genuinely funny jokes. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a prude by any means. But sometimes the sex-based and other crude humor just stops being funny, especially if it isn't tastefully done. The film was pretty short, too.

It's a shame, because they had an amazing set of stars in the film. I expected so much more than the film delivered.

Dredd didn't do well in theatres, on the other hand:

Lionsgate] announced today that the home entertainment release of DREDD claimed the number one spot on the DVD sell-through and Blu-ray charts with 650,000 units sold, making it the best-selling new release title of the year. Blu-ray units accounted for nearly 50% of week 1 POS at retail. In addition, the critically acclaimed thriller, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek) as the titular character Judge Dredd, was the top film download for the week, outpacing all other titles in digital sales as well.

So hopefully there would be a sequel.

Hmm... a bit of a throwback here but I saw Priest the other day. Based on its mediocre rating on IMDB, I wasn't expecting much. However, it really surprised me. Pretty decent action film all around, really. It set up for a sequel that I'm guessing will never come, sadly.

It also reinforced Karl Urban's position as my favorite actor.

I'm really hard-pressed to tag Lex as being more a bad person than Dredd. Lex is simply a person who doesn't believe in anything, one who's become disillusioned with the system. Yes, he's a greedy, opportunistic bastard. But he doesn't take pleasure in what he does; it's just business.

In the interest of salvaging the film's protagonist, is it possible that Dredd's something of a very jaded idealist at heart? Something clearly happened to him previously in life to make him what he is. So he uses his anger/psychopathy in the best possible way he can, clinging to a system that he has to believe is the best possible one. I found it interesting that when Anderson was reading his mind in the film's opening, the C/O stops her before she gives any deeper insight into Dredd's mind. I have to wonder what Anderson was about to say. I suspect the commander knows that Dredd is damaged and uses him as a bit of an attack dog, if that makes sense.

Lex: No, Lex isn't as brutal as Dredd, but as you say, he's the corrupted. Dredd is the pure unflinching police state, Ma-Ma represents the anarchy of the streets and the rule of the strongest, Lex sits in the middle. He's the representation of a government that's said "Whatever, if you can't beat them join them!" and has decided that it cares about itself more than it's citizenry. In the scumbage scale Lex is worse, because Ma-Ma probably didn't have much of a choice to be anything beyond what she was. Lex had the chance to look at the city and attempt to make it better but said "Nah".

Dredd: Actually, Dredd does do something that shows that he cares.

He stuns those kids instead of shooting them. Seriously, that shows he cares, even if all of that care is hidden behind "control and anger". The second time we saw this movie I turned to my brother and said "The first time I saw this I was expecting him to kill them." I also realized that he does in fact kill teens. Those two dudes who enter the drug den don't look too old, maybe 18-20? He shoots them just as easily. But in that instance he didn't have time to save people, one of them drew a gun and there were other armed gangsters nearby. This time, he saw two kids who were clearly out of their league and could have killed them easily.

"Body bags or juve-cubes. Makes no difference to me." he says during their confrontation. But the fact that he stunned them shows that it does make a difference to him.

As for the idea of salviging him. Beyond what I said up there... I'm not sure he needs to be salvaged. We know what Dredd is, he's the long arm of a somewhat facist society. In normal circumstances we wouldn't root for those people, but in this case everyone else is just as bad if not worse. Like Ma-Ma they are both products of their society. Anderson is the optimist, who wants to change society for the better, that much is clear. Dredd, I think, is the kind of guy who is necessary for Anderson to exist, he's the kind of guy who kills all the terrible people so Andersn can go in and try to change the people who don't want to be bad but didn't think they had any other choice.

• Like 1

Good DVD sales is something the studios love as well. That's a plus for Dredd.

I just saw the trailer for

, starring Emma Watson-my favorite actress of all time despite the fact that I've seen none of her movies past a few Harry Potter ones. So, I downloaded the trailer and used the magic of video editing software edited out almost everything in the video except for about 3 seconds.

I bet you all can't guess what those three seconds are.

Just watched Django Unchained online...For free... ;)

Good movie though.

0:14-0:17?

Yup. Looping video in 720p HD.

Man I need a girlfriend.

I just saw the trailer for

, starring Emma Watson-my favorite actress of all time despite the fact that I've seen none of her movies past a few Harry Potter ones. So, I downloaded the trailer and used the magic of video editing software edited out almost everything in the video except for about 3 seconds.

I bet you all can't guess what those three seconds are.

Pretty sure she's doing the thing that every teenage Harry Potter fan wanted her to do.

Hope her career doesn't nose dive after those.

Pretty sure she's doing the thing that every teenage Harry Potter fan wanted her to do.

Hope her career doesn't nose dive after those.

Heh. Actually some of the comments on Youtube don't like her in this movie, they feel it ruins her image. Whatever. Also, AFAIK, her career is doing quite good so far, same as Daniel Radcliffe's, dunno about the Rupert Gint guy though.

Meh, Emma Watson is either pretty or classically beautiful. I personally can't bring myself to call her sexy. I think it's just cause of the Harry Potter movies.

I personally think of her as classically beautiful.

Most probably got a childhood crush on her from Potter.

That new Oz movie is about as mediocre as you can get.

LOL has anyone seen this? This video made me laugh because as news of Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie comes out any hope I have in it being good seems to go down even further.

Speaking of Evil Dead that film seems to be getting great reviews. I will be happy if they really did make a successful remake of Evil Dead. Although I don't understand how there going to explain to the general audience why their will be a remake of Evil Dead and possibly a Army of Darkness 2 film. The general audience may or may not like that idea.