Lois Lane: 5
Vampirella: 6

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Space Ghost vs. Pepe Le Pew

MATCH SCORE
Space Ghost: 7
Pepe Le Pew: 2

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride) vs. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

MATCH SCORE
Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride): 2
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): 10

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Maria Von Trapp vs. Roxie Hart

MATCH SCORE
Maria Von Trapp: 11
Roxie Hart: 1

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Indiana Jones vs. Johnny Castle

MATCH SCORE
Indiana Jones: 11
Johnny Castle: 2

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Catherine Tramell vs. Amanda

MATCH SCORE
Catherine Tramell: 7
Amanda: 3

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Thok vs. Dark Agnes De Chastillon

MATCH SCORE
Thok: 2
Dark Agnes De Chastillon: 10

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Captain Planet vs. Bugs Bunny

MATCH SCORE
Captain Planet: 4
Bugs Bunny: 9

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Beetlejuice vs. Mary Poppins

MATCH SCORE
Beetlejuice: 10
Mary Poppins: 2

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Zealot vs. Deadshot

MATCH SCORE
Zealot: 8
Deadshot: 4

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Anthony Gallen vs. Xena

MATCH SCORE
Anthony Gallen: 1
Xena: 10

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Westley (Princess Bride) vs. Ethan Hunt

MATCH SCORE
Westley (Princess Bride): 11
Ethan Hunt: 3

By UMPIRE

Anthony Gallen vs. Gunmen

MATCH SCORE
Anthony Gallen: 3
Gunmen: 2

By UMPIRE

10:9 - P. T. Barnum vs. Giselle (Enchanted)

MATCH SCORE
P. T. Barnum: 5
Giselle (Enchanted): 4

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankskilling is fantastic.

Audiences aren't stupid. They don't need to see a character become who they are so long as said character does interesting things after the point we're introduced to them. While Uncle Ben's death is

Emma Stone. Yum.

I'm sure most of you have probably heard this by now, but Looper is the Matrix of this generation. Go see it.

I don't know, I'm pretty skeptical about that one... Their premise sets the bar relatively high for me.

Damn I don't thing I have heard a bad review of Dredd. If that movie is as awesome as people say it is then that shows maybe Hollywood is learning from their past mistakes. It also gives hope to more heroes from comics being adapted that aren't from DC or Marvel.

Looper the Matrix of this generation? Interesting comparison gone have to see Looper myself to see if its that good.

Taken 2 wasn't as bad as the critics would have you believe. Good action, good fight choreography, and Liam Neeson was badass. There wasn't a whole lot of story, but what were they expecting? It was obvious from the trailers that it was gonna be exactly like the first one. It wasn't as good, but it was still a pretty good action movie.

Damn I don't thing I have heard bad review of Dredd. If that movie is as awesome as people say it is then that shows maybe Hollywood is learning from their past mistakes. It also gives hope to more heroes from comics being adapted that aren't from DC or Marvel.

Looper the Matrix of this generation? Interesting comparison gone have to see Looper myself to see if its that good.

Considering Hollywood had nothing to do with Dredd then no, though they did create the first abomination.

Taken 2 >< the very premise is sooo ridiculous, yet people just lap it up, so sad.

Looper: this generations Matrix - an average sci-fi then aye? Do me a favour and watch Moon, a recent sci-fi film that actually deserves props.

If you're watching Taken 2 for the "premise", you're doing it very, very wrong. That movie has good action, that's all that matters for that type of thing.

And you seem to have misunderstood my comparing it to the Matrix-- it's as original as the Matrix was when it came out. I don't care for the Matrix either, Looper is a much better film.

If you're watching Taken 2 for the "premise", you're doing it very, very wrong. That movie has good action, that's all that matters for that type of thing.

And you seem to have misunderstood my comparing it to the Matrix-- it's as original as the Matrix was when it came out. I don't care for the Matrix either, Looper is a much better film.

Meh, I like action films just not ones that are so retarded they insult me.

No I understood you perfectly, as if the Matrix was a seminal, groundbreaking film. When in fact it really wasn't, at all.

It's not a retarded plot, it's a simplistic plot. And again, it's irrelevant. The first film didn't become as big as it did because of its unique, compelling storyline-- rather, it became big because it had a phenomenal lead actor and lots of shooting, violence and explosions. The Taken films should be watched purely for the entertainment value - if you're looking for a good plot or characters, you're overthinking it. Take it for what it is.

Yeah, the Matrix was a groundbreaking movie, whether you consider it one or not. Superpowers, ridiculously over-the-top gunplay, and the slow-motion shots were all things that hadn't really been used in films the way the Matrix used 'em. While I really don't think it's anything special, I can see why people went nuts over it when it came out.

Moon is brilliant by the way, easily my favorite sci-fy movie. Except maybe Gattica.

I think our friend from the North, explained very well what made The Matrix so awesome:

Oh, Matrix... how I loved thee. Some of the younger people here might not realize just how much this blew the doors off movies when this came out. Bullet-time, head-to-toe designer leather, kick-assed guns, tentacle robots, kung fu, superhuman powers... I mean this movie was so bad-assed that not even Keanu's terrible, wooden acting could ruin it. This movie was a game changer. Great story, fantastic visuals, and the normally mediocre and Frankenstein-y Lawrence Fishburne just up and ejaculated pure coolness all over the audiences faces and called them his b*tch. Don't even get me started on Agent Smith as a great villain.

Then they made two horrendous sequels and RUINED THE WHOLE GODDAMNED THING.

And Soberguy hates anime. Your argument is rendered invalid, GodSpeed. :P

Funny how all of those just described in the previous post about matrix were also in Blade, the year before.

The visuals and things done in Matrix are something that even Blade still didn't have on that level. However you are right in the sense Blade did have certain things that weren't done in film before but just not on the Matrix level. For example that great end fight with Blade vs Blood God Frost.

Taken 2 was pretty mediocre. I liked that the daughter got a chance to be the hero. I liked the idea of the relatives of the guys Neeson killed in the first one wanted revenge and were well aware of their relatives' actions. "This guy was scum, but he was still my son" basically. As far as "sequel for a movie that shouldn't have a sequel" goes, the ideas behind it were perfectly fine.

But the action scenes were lousy. That's no different from the first movie, since they were pretty meh then too, but they lacked the oomph of the first one. Too many generic gun fights and not enough Liam torturing some bastard to get information. Everything was centered around Istanbul, so the scope wasn't quite as broad as the first movie. That made everything feel way too small, but not in a claustrophobic or intimate way. Just kinda cheap. And the villains didn't have the same sense of escalation as the first movie. The first one started with the ground level kidnappers, and Neeson had to work his way up the distribution channels until he found the guys who bought his daughter. In this one he's just taking on a small group of revenge-seekers. It's a big step down in scale, just like the setting is another step down.

It's perfectly watchable, but it almost seems like they went out of their way to make it a lesser thing in every possible way.

Taken: Grrr yeah ok, girl gets kidnapped.

Taken 2: WTF Neeson? That is just bad parenting.

Ghost in the Shell?

I want to see it simply because Liam Neeson is a bad ass. It is an action movie the plot doesn't have to be great. People play Mario and it is the same thing again and again.

I had the pleasure of seeing Holy Motors last night; it was a strange trip indeed, a journey quite like no other. Sure some segments felt a little pretentious and drawn out, but the film overall was a treat.

I would happily cast all of you to the pits of hell for one night with Eva Mendes, the sexiest women alive ><