By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Michelangelo (2012)

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 7
Michelangelo (2012): 0

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. April O'Neil

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3
April O'Neil: 0

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Doogie Howser vs. Beverly Crusher

MATCH SCORE
Doogie Howser: 1
Beverly Crusher: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Derelict (LV-426) vs. Penny (Inspector Gadget)

MATCH SCORE
The Derelict (LV-426): 8
Penny (Inspector Gadget): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Catwoman vs. Arsene Lupin III

MATCH SCORE
Catwoman: 2
Arsene Lupin III: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tinker Bell vs. Princess Aurora

MATCH SCORE
Tinker Bell: 8
Princess Aurora: 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Batman (Richard Grayson) vs. Leonardo (TMNT)

MATCH SCORE
Batman (Richard Grayson): 3
Leonardo (TMNT): 8

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Neal Caffrey vs. Dominic Toretto

MATCH SCORE
Neal Caffrey: 10
Dominic Toretto: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Death Star vs. Ron Stoppable

MATCH SCORE
The Death Star: 4
Ron Stoppable: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Anna Of Arendelle vs. Belle (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Anna Of Arendelle: 12
Belle (Disney): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Carlton Banks vs. Konohagakure

MATCH SCORE
Carlton Banks: 10
Konohagakure: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tiana (Disney) vs. Pocahontas

MATCH SCORE
Tiana (Disney): 3
Pocahontas: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Raphael (TMNT) vs. Lady Shiva

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (TMNT): 5
Lady Shiva: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Snake-Eyes vs. Raiden (Metal Gear)

MATCH SCORE
Snake-Eyes: 4
Raiden (Metal Gear): 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Shinobi (Joe Musashi) vs. Michelangelo (1987)

MATCH SCORE
Shinobi (Joe Musashi): 6
Michelangelo (1987): 3

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Sir John Falstaff vs. Vice City

MATCH SCORE
Sir John Falstaff: 10
Vice City: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Arthur Morgan vs. Nathan Drake

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 9
Nathan Drake: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Dwight Schrute vs. Remnant

MATCH SCORE
Dwight Schrute: 4
Remnant: 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Master Splinter (TMNT) vs. Wildcat

MATCH SCORE
Master Splinter (TMNT): 5
Wildcat: 7

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Rapunzel vs. Megara (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Rapunzel: 8
Megara (Disney): 3

Movies

Magnus

Quoted for the truth. My only problem is that this is not the first time I've ever posted that exact line, verbatim. So either, you overlooked my posts like that for the past however long you've been on this site, or you don't like how I used it to disagree this time around.

So, you like it because it's some super involved social commentary on stuff. Good for you. AvP doesn't like it because he thinks it is boring as shit. You feel two different ways because you saw it in two different ways.

I don't remember you ever posting that before. Even if you did, I'm pretty sure the instances where you bash others' tastes vastly outweigh the one or two times you've said it before.

Except if you read his post, that's not the only reason he gives for not liking the movie. I understand not liking the movie because of it's plot pace, that's understandable, I even agree to a point, as I stated in my post. However, his stating that "many of the themes that are so frequently praised by critics were, quite simply, done poorly, pretty much all the characters were unlikable..." is what I was mainly responding to. Also, the claim that Harrison Ford is a bad actor is also one I find ridiculous. Also, Bourne Legacy had a pretty crappy plot as well, compared to the others, so I don't get the criticism of the plot either.

I don't remember you ever posting that before. Even if you did, I'm pretty sure the instances where you bash others' tastes vastly outweigh the one or two times you've said it before.

Except if you read his post, that's not the only reason he gives for not liking the movie. I understand not liking the movie because of it's plot pace, that's understandable, I even agree to a point, as I stated in my post. However, his stating that "many of the themes that are so frequently praised by critics were, quite simply, done poorly, pretty much all the characters were unlikable..." is what I was mainly responding to. Also, the claim that Harrison Ford is a bad actor is also one I find ridiculous. Also, Bourne Legacy had a pretty crappy plot as well, compared to the others, so I don't get the criticism of the plot either.

Of course I bash other's tastes, I'm an opinionated prick. As it turns out, most other opinionated pricks annoy the shit out of me. Harrison Ford is not a bad actor because Han Solo is awesome. AVP is wrong on that one. Whether a character is likeable or not depends on the viewer. AVP is not wrong in disliking the main character. I haven't seen either movie fully (I got a bit through Blade Runner and quit), but if he thinks they did the plot points poorly, well, that's his opinion.

Just now got around to see Expendables 2.

Holy crap does the story suck. But hey, didn't go to see a moving story. I went in hoping to see all the awesome action stars from the 80s/90s. And, in that regard, the movie more than delivered. I mean, you had Arnold, Willis, AND Stallone fighting da Muscle from da Brussels?

Awesome.

MARVANOTE: Also, I get that you're all old! I don't need to be reminded every couple minutes.

Of course I bash other's tastes, I'm an opinionated prick. As it turns out, most other opinionated pricks annoy the shit out of me. Harrison Ford is not a bad actor because Han Solo is awesome. AVP is wrong on that one. Whether a character is likeable or not depends on the viewer. AVP is not wrong in disliking the main character. I haven't seen either movie fully (I got a bit through Blade Runner and quit), but if he thinks they did the plot points poorly, well, that's his opinion.

And hypocrites annoy the shit out of me.

I never said AvP is wrong in disliking the main character, I'm said that the character is meant to be disliked because it's part of the dystopian noir setting, and a dislikable character =/= bad character.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is getting a one week IMAX run right now. Go see it. Doesn't matter if you've already seen the movie on TV or DVD or whatever, it just isn't the same as seeing it on a movie screen. I plan on seeing it later this week.

Nah, Raiders of the Lost Ark, like Star Wars is overrated gash.

I might take that seriously if you actually said why. Otherwise, "overrated" is the most meaningless buzz word someone can toss at something.

• Like 1

I might take that seriously if you actually said why. Otherwise, "overrated" is the most meaningless buzz word someone can toss at something.

Meh, I actually thought it was quite fitting considering the magnitude of fanboy-ism surrounding the Star Wars series. I just don't understand the hype, not even as a child. It was always mediocre. Especially when the franchise is lumped with other sci-fi films that I think deserve to be labelled seminal and classic. I just think, why the praise? Sure, it pushed a few boundaries, but for me it wasn't that much of a leap: the characters were 2D, the plot wasn't revolutionary, or something that hadn't been done before, but I guess it had the graphics, well done. Now we have the Avengers, same situation, well done.

They are a set of heavily marketed films, aimed at a wide audience with up-to-date graphics *snooze*.

I gotta see Dredd every person that has watched that movie said its good. I want to see Resident Evil because this has been a pretty good film franchise and I am interested to see how this one ends. Those films are fun to watch and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

First half of Avengers.. meh. Second half.. F*CKING JAWESOME! Totally made up for the dull start. Dad clocked out about halfway through. For some reason, I don't think he knew what he was getting into at first. I thought it odd that he even wanted to watch it, in the first place.

So anyways, we get to where Cap first appears, right? He's boxing, and my dad asks, "Who's this? Stallone?" Now alarms didn't start to blare here. I just thought my old man was making a funny. Then we got to where Iron Man is first shown. He asks, "This Schwarzenegger?" ...Something tells me he got "Avengers" confused with "The Expendables." :blush: