Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Magnus

Movies

Pacific Rim was great. Definitely my second favorite film of the summer for sure. After the film I am not even remotely interested in seeing another one of Bay's shitty Transformer films. Good characters and story. That one shot with the battle in the sky was one of my favorite scenes. It was a like every manga based on mechas and more come to life. Del Toro is awesome with visuals as usual. Such smooth and easy fight scenes to follow.

Was MOS your #1?

Yup and it's staying there. I loved Man of Steel as a Superman fan. So many great stories all in one.

Honestly another good summer for geeks because all of the superhero and geek type films did great at the box office. Warner, Paramount, and more most be happy. They all are making money. Let's see if Fox is just as lucky with Wolverine. We still have other films coming out this year too like Thor for example.

Fox and Wolverine... doesn't sound promising. I talked to this guy who claimed to have seen a Japanese early release already and he claimed it was trash.

Fox is the worst studio ever. They care nothing about a movies staying power after the first weekend. Out to make quick cash based on a good trailer. They couldn't care less about the story, source material, etc..

Thor 2 had the GOT guy on it but he had a conflict of vision for the film. I'd bet he wanted to make a good epic movie sort of like the non marvel Thor legends, but Disney pulled the plug and said "make something that we can put on more kid's lunch boxes and backpacks at Walmart!"

That is some serious awesome!

Just saw Lone Ranger and it reeked. It looks like it probably started out as a lame screen play that stole cliches form lots of old westerns like Little Big Man, Buffalo Bill and the Indians, and even Shanghai Noon. Then I guess it must have been "improved" in development with lots of big nonsensical sfx and random silliness. The result is two incompetent characters shambling through an incoherent mess of a story that can't decide whether it wants to be a dark and gritty neo-spaghetti western, a wryly cynical '70s style revisionist western, or an over the top big budget comedy like Wild Wild West.

Somehow it manages to combing the worst of every one of those. It has a few funny Depp moments, but it's even worse than his attempt at Dark Shadows.

A lot of Lone Ranger fans seem to hate it. I was never a fan so I don't know much about the history. The film was fun and entertaining. That's I all I needed from it. If I knew alot more about Lone Ranger maybe I wouldn't like it. As far as Thor 2 is concerned we need to see some good feats from Thor power wise. We need some classic Thor moments in that film.

We don't need power feat--

Edit: Dammit.

Mass Effect movie supposedly in production for REAL this time. I just want it to be like Star Trek into Darkness, except in the ME universe. Which wouldn't really be that much of a change I guess. Swap Shep for Kirk. Tali for Scotty. Legion, maybe EDI or Samara, for Spock. Throw in Joker as a bonus. Yeah, I like where this is going...

Mass Effect would be a huge hit as a film. All they need to do is a get a good Director, give it a big budget, and keep true to the source material.

and keep true to the source material.

That's the problem. The source material changes from playthrough to playthrough. Which is the true one?

Unless they don't have it revolving around Shepard, which could be interesting. Plenty of good stories could be told.

As long as Tali makes a cameo I'm fine with whatever they put on the screen.

If they tell a story with Shepard it's obviously going to be noncanon. Even if they tell a story without Shepard it's probably going to be noncanon, unless they somehow steer clear of the literally thousand plus universe altering decisions made during the series. I think it would be better to do a non-Shepard story. Seriously, get the writers from the new Star Trek movies though.

EDIT: Never mind. I just looked it up. They're going to do an adaption of the first game. That's disappointing.

Incredibly disappointing, even if the game actually really lends itself to a movie. I personally would hate to see any Mass Effect movie, I'd just feel weird in the theater, but thinking about it, that game is like "Hey, I'm a movie you play through".

Which studio has the rights? You could turn mass effect into a huge franchise if done right. The overall story of the first game is the same. I'm sure he won't kill rex at the beach. Lol.

If the Star Trek writers can modernize something like Star Trek and reboot it for today's audience then they could pull off a Mass Effect film.

The Star Trek writers would be terrible for a Mass Effect movie.

Why is that? The new Star trek movies (especially Into Darkness) would fit right in the ME Universe.

For any Game of Thrones fans, I hear they are making Robert's Rebellion into a movie.  What is nice about that arc, is that you don't need to know anything about GoT to like it.  The rebellion is what set in motion the events in the books/show.

Why is that? The new Star trek movies (especially Into Darkness) would fit right in the ME Universe.

I guess so. I didn't think the action scenes were tight enough though. Obviously an ME movie should be mostly about great characters and dialogue, but still. I'm just worried that someone will ruin Garrus for me. :(

For any Game of Thrones fans, I hear they are making Robert's Rebellion into a movie.  What is nice about that arc, is that you don't need to know anything about GoT to like it.  The rebellion is what set in motion the events in the books/show.

As a Game of Thrones fan that sounds great. I would love to see that film. Its better for them to do GoT films now why the show is hot. Oh and I just read one of George Martin's Wildcard novels. Those would be great as a series of films since the superhero genre is popular in Hollywood. I'm surprised no one has gone after them to adapt that series since Martin's Game of Thrones is hot.