Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Magnus

Movies

Most zombie flicks ain't, so yeah.

Uh huh. And the part where that last hope guy shot himself when he slipped...just so much laughter. I feel terrible but that was hilarious.

And yeah, the military was not totally incompetent. When the zombies breached Israel, they didn't do too bad. They didn't really have a chance of winning(damn singers with microphones...-.-) but still.

Indeed.

You're not alone, man. It was almost cliched to the point of being grimly slapstick.

Yeah, I was pumped when the SEALs extracted Jerry and his family from that rooftop and when those IDF guys had a hell of a last stand. The thing is, I don't see how one slight spike in noise level caused by people singing suddenly worked the previous non-problem of zombies into a frenzy sufficient to simultaneously overwhelm the city's entire defense network. You'd think that the day-to-day operations of a bustling city would have caused a similar swarm at some point. I understand they needed a flashpoint to move the drama along, but it kinda struck me as odd/forced. But I've been known to read too far into things, so *shrug*

Perhaps it did, but because the military was more focused on the zombies instead of the stupid idiots singing that such a swarm did not succeed?

Heh, fair enough.

Also, on a different subject:

Might be interesting. I've always been a sucker for horror movies, and Insidious was pretty good. But seeing this teaser had me laughing.

"Hey, I'm clearly being stalked by someone who's invaded (and vandalized) my home in the dead of night. He's blatantly trying to lure me -- alone -- into the dark, creepy basement... I'm gonna go give him a peace of my mind!"

SAID NO ONE EVER.

Hilarious thing in my theater when that trailer ended. Bunch of people started clapping twice. *cue everyone almost laughing their asses off* Seriously.

LOL I laughed my ass off when she actually yells I'm going to lock you in like a moron and the door smacks her in the face.

I liked the trailer for You're Next until they revealed the title as You're Next. If the title was The Animals, I would have been all for it. I didn't realize how big an effect the title had until they were like "Hey, come see You're Next!".

I liked the trailer for You're Next until they revealed the title as You're Next. If the title was The Animals, I would have been all for it. I didn't realize how big an effect the title had until they were like "Hey, come see You're Next!".

I thought the same exact thing. "The Animals" would have been far more fitting. You're Next sounds cheap, generic, and all-around unimaginative.

The movie doesn't look like Oscar-worthy material by any stretch (yet another neo-slasher film, with the trailer reminding me almost exactly of The Strangers). Still, I'll probably end up watching it because that particular formula is a personal weakness of mine. Watching the preview with a bunch of tough guys for friends was amusing, though: "You'd better be bringing something a lot more impressive than a crossbow if you're planning on taking me out."

The people complaining about that just don't know anything about Superman. Superman has killed General Zod in the comics. I love how people either ignore or forget the fact Christoper Reeve basically threw Zod to his death in Superman 2. Superman obviously killed in Man of Steel because their going to show you how much killing affected him and show why Superman would never kill again. Even Clark Kent on Smallville killed Brainac twice and had Lana kill Bizarro with the blue kryptonite.

In the comics, when Superman killed Zod, he was so guilty he left earth and stayed in space soul-searching. This Superman gave out a cry, and in about ten minutes he was good to go.

Superman had tears in his eyes when he killed Zod and was distraught when Lois held him. After how much death Zod caused Superman shouldn't feel that guilty. I never agreed with Superman going soul -searching. That Zod killed way more people beyond belief. 

Meh. I prefer Superman the way he was portrayed in the movie over the Boyscout in the comics. (Save New 52, that Superman gets shit done)

Yeah... people should have been aware that this Superman isn't the same as the comic ones when he does stuff like

trash a guy's truck because he pissed him off and steals clothing after his burns up

So no, he's not the supergood always does the right thing, he's a more realistic version that has flaws and can't always spare everyone.

So no, he's not the supergood always does the right thing, he's a more realistic version that has flaws and can't always spare everyone.

I hate when people say this. Comic Superman has flaws and doubts, just like anyone else. Also, he can't save everyone either, and even if he could, he doesn't know if he should, that's a huge part of his character, the pressure to choose. I'm not necessarily criticizing the decision of this Superman to kill per say, I think the repercussions should have been bigger for the character. I mean, when comic Superman killed Zod and two others, it wasn't quick and easy like snapping a neck. If anything that death was far more graphic, a slow execution with kryptonite with Zod and the others looking at him and begging for mercy. You could really feel it.

It's a minor gripe anyway.

I hate when people say this. Comic Superman has flaws and doubts, just like anyone else. Also, he can't save everyone either, and even if he could, he doesn't know if he should, that's a huge part of his character, the pressure to choose. I'm not necessarily criticizing the decision of this Superman to kill per say, I think the repercussions should have been bigger for the character. I mean, when comic Superman killed Zod and two others, it wasn't quick and easy like snapping a neck. If anything that death was far more graphic, a slow execution with kryptonite with Zod and the others looking at him and begging for mercy. You could really feel it.

It's a minor gripe anyway.

I understand what your saying. But the the Man of Steel death of Zod was more effective for live action. Zod in this version forced him to make the one decision Superman never wanted to make and never would make. Superman was literally tearing up and yelling for Zod to stop.

Warner would never have Zod beg for mercy while dying and do the slow death. I guaranteed you people would whine and complain about it being lame. 

I'm still holding out for a Smallville film :P

That would be great. Oh Smallville...

Like Landon has already said...I don't buy the situation. There was plenty of other options Superman could have done at that point, neither of them was so beat up they couldn't just keep fighting. But I digress.

Eh, maybe Superman was thinking "Well if I don't kill him, he'll just keep killing humans. Better to end it now."

Phantom Zone was already shut closed and out as a option. Also Zack said no kryptonite. People would have complained if he had just put Zod back in the Phantom Zone and didn't get that final battle between them after all of that as a ending. For character development it will be great to see how Superman deals with that in the sequel. If he doesn't deal with that in the sequel in some way then I'll be pissed.

I hope it doesn't bother Superman much. Zod was a scumbag. He deserved what he got.

I hope it bothers Superman a sh*tton. If they made Superman kill, the least they can do is give some fallout for it.

Yeah Force is right. There has to fallout from it. If their isn't then I'm gone be angry as a Superman fan. I understand why they had him kill but you have to show him struggling with that.

On a side note Metropolis better not be rebuilt that quickly after all that destruction. If the film takes place right after those events. Also I like Goyer but Christopher's Nolan's brother should help write the next script to better flesh it out in some parts. I could tell he was missing from this film.

I think it's funny that PG13 movies show far more people dying than rated R movies, but refuse to go into the consequences, preserving the rating, and also lessening the impact, making it a less interesting movie while desensitizing people to mass violence. It shouldn't be a happy ending for Superman, millions of people must be dead in a show of destruction that made 9/11 look like nothing, yet there's no elaborating at all on this whatsoever. Superman isn't thinking about the people he didn't save, isn't thinking about his role and involvement in the destruction, isn't heavily persecuted at all, there's little fear or divisiveness in the aftermath. Where's Superman talking to a mother who's just lost her entire family in the destruction, knowing that it was his presence that caused this.

Think about the comics when an Earthquake devastated Gotham, or Braniac tried to assimilate Metropolis, when Mongul and Cyborg Superman annihilated Coast City (I mean Jordan straight up went ballistic and started murdering en masse), etc.

This is why comics > movies folks.

Yeah, I don't think it was that the situation was inescapable, Superman could have easily started flying Zod out of there (as far as I remember, neither of them were exhausted from the fight, in my mind the fight could have gone on for alot longer), but Superman was put into a situation where he realized that continuing the fight isn't doing anyone good. All they are doing is smashing up the city without really hurting each other, Zod is getting much more used to fighting with his powers, and Zod had lost it and was looking to kill people. Up until that point it didn't seem as if Superman was trying to kill Zod so much as beat him up terrible and get him to stop. That moment was when he realized that Zod wouldn't stop, even if he got his ass handed to him, and knew he had to end it then and there.

• Like 1

Due to the length of the film which was a little bit over 2 hours they couldn't fit everything in one film. Hopefully we will see the aftermath in the second film. Nolan if he is producer again on the sequel will make sure of that. That's why I'm glad he was attached to the film.