The Land Of Oz vs. Wonderland

MATCH SCORE
The Land of Oz: 3
Wonderland: 4

Joxer the Mighty vs. Xander Harris

MATCH SCORE
Joxer the Mighty: 3
Xander Harris: 1

Batman (Earth-31) vs. Batman (Thomas Wayne)

MATCH SCORE
Batman (Earth-31): 3
Batman (Thomas Wayne): 2

Klaus (BOOM!) vs. Santa Claus (Santa's Slay)

MATCH SCORE
Klaus (BOOM!): 4
Santa Claus (Santa's Slay): 0

Chuck was good up until Season 4. Season 5 was decent at best.

Smallville's awesome. Probably one of my favorite live action series of all time, actually. What was really incredible about Smallville was that it maintained a consistent level of quality throughout it's entire run of ten seasons. That's a pretty rare thing in this day and age. Most other series have at least a few bad seasons that are painful to watch. Smallville never had that. Don't get me wrong, some episodes were much better than others and there were some plotlines of questionable quality, but overall the show was just great.

Supernatural. The first couple of seasons were awesome. However, as soon as the whole plotline with Lucifer, the Apocalypse, and the Angels came around it got very "meh". As much as I love Castiel and all that, I don't think it did the show many favors in how it was executed. It wasn't terrible, but not quite as good as the first two seasons. The Leviathans were just plain bad, though. Luckily, with the current season, the show seems to be returning to its roots a bit and I'm liking it so far.

1. I agree completely. To me Smallville is what got me into comic really. It started when I was in 9th grade and and the series kinda followed along as I grew up.

2. I liked Supernatural up through season 4. After that it kinda became too out there for me. I still watch cause the shows are cool but the overall plot is kinda meh.

3. I am REALLY liking Arrow for now. I agree will baller that the last episode was what it needed to add that little spark to the show.

4. Recently started watching the Vampire Diaries on netflix. Ive gotten through season 2 so far. Been recording season 4 so I can go back and watch once I get caught up. Its pretty cool. Its got the sappy love story but a lot of sarcastic humor and cool vampire mythology in it too.

I see. I've seen both, but I enjoy the Mentalist more, probably because it's a bit more serious.

I see. I've seen both, but I enjoy the Mentalist more, probably because it's a bit more serious.

Yeah, it's very much a matter of personal preference. Objectively, I would probably enjoy the Mentalist if it weren't for Psych.

• Like 1

I liked what I saw for the episodes of Mentalist I've watched, much more than what I usually do with most crime shows. My younger siblings are huge fans of Psych, but I never really picked up on the show. They're all either ridiculous or silly to me.

I liked what I saw for the episodes of Mentalist I've watched, much more than what I usually do with most crime shows. My younger siblings are huge fans of Psych, but I never really picked up on the show. They're all either ridiculous or silly to me.

Well, they're meant to be utterly ridiculous. The show doesn't take itself seriously. It's a comedy first, crime procedural second. It being funny as hell makes up for it in my opinion.

That's really what draws me to it as opposed to The Mentalist. The Mentalist is just Psych's crux but without the humor and a more serious tone; to me it takes what made Psych unique and adapts it to become another dime-a-dozen "serious" crime procedural, of which seemingly thousands already exist. Just my two cents.

You won't be disappointed.

Oh yeah, that was a bit odd. I understand wanting to make plotlines feel important and introduce sinister villains, but a constant spree of serial killers plaguing Santa Barbara was strange and frankly clashed with the extremely lighthearted tone of the show.

It's not that I didn't like that Elliot used guns, it's the way he used them. If it would have been an even halfway realistic firefight, I would have been completely cool with it. No, he went out there and started doing backflips and dives while dual-wielding pistols and shooting explosive barrels. The gratuitous use of bullet time didn't help matters. The fight made a John Woo movie look believable.

I can only really recommend the first four Burn Notice seasons. Everything from 5 onward is just plain disappointing. Person of Interest... man. So freaking good. I didn't particularly like Human Target. A couple of the characters were okay, but Chance was stale flat. Nothing likeable about him at all. Very weak protagonist. The whole thing had a similar plot each week with a lot of over-the-top action. It wasn't bad; it just wasn't my style. It certainly had its moments, though.

Well, yeah... it's gonna be unrealistic. The show's called Supernatural, after all.

I completely agree with what you've said about Psych and its storylines. It could have definitely been much better and what they did ruined bits of the show.

I think you're right about Elliot and how he used guns. It was completely unrealistic in that firefight. I honestly think that they could have done a much better job with it but they made it into unwatchable. I think the most realistic characters were Nate and Sophie. I personally think that Parker's thieving skills were also a bit unrealistic.

I'll be sure to watch Burn Notice and those other shows. They're good shows I bet.

Hehe. I still don't like that type of show.

Well, they're meant to be utterly ridiculous. The show doesn't take itself seriously. It's a comedy first, crime procedural second. It being funny as hell makes up for it in my opinion.

That's really what draws me to it as opposed to The Mentalist. The Mentalist is just Psych's crux but without the humor and a more serious tone; to me it takes what made Psych unique and adapts it to become another dime-a-dozen "serious" crime procedural, of which seemingly thousands already exist. Just my two cents.

IK. It's just my tastes in that kind of drama, which is pretty thin.

Watched the Season 6 Finale from Pysche after a while, while the episode as a whole was pretty much meh, the ending was out of left field. Practically completely. Yang (or Ying not 100% sure which one it was been a while since I've seen that part) had me convinced she was Sean's mother after her first apperance then when it was revealed she was just a fangirl it creeped me the F*(8 out.

Kinda don't want to post the ending.

• Like 1

What do you guys think about "The Middle†I think it's a pretty good show with plenty of laughs.

Incredibly underrated. It has deep vibes with Malcolm in the Middle, which I also like. It's the go-to comedy for ABC. Unfortunately, I have a hard time getting my funny bone with Office-style comedy.

Yup I can't wait for Game of Thrones as well.

• Like 1

My friend recommended Blue Mountain State to me and really wanted to me to watch it before he got back home. I was hesitant because the only people I knew who watched it besides him were a bunch of former friends I'm not the biggest fan of. Besides, it just seemed like a mindless show about sex, drugs, and college frat parties.

As a favor to him, I reluctantly gave it a shot, and it's actually pretty good. While it's obviously not family- friendly, it's genuinely amusing. Some of the characters are surprisingly likeable. And this is all coming from me, a guy who gets bored relatively quick with crude humor.

I also just started Game of Thrones. My sister watched it and has read some of the books and she loved it. I did some research and knew the basics, but never got around to actually watching entire episodes until today. I knocked out eight episodes in a row.

I think, for me, Game of Thrones fills a void in entertainment. I like a good piece of fantasy fiction. But before, it seemed like only books and video games really delved into the genre in any notable fashion. Aside a few minor examples, there haven't been any really any good traditional fantasy movies/shows since Lord of the Rings. Game of Thrones fills the gap perfectly. I have to thank surfer and Darxeth for recommending it to me a while back when I mentioned the aforementioned void. So, thanks guys. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

• Like 1

:]

You're welcome.

Speaking of GoT, anyone gonna be watching the new episode tonight?

Yea definitely. I loved the last episode.

• Like 1

I love a good city burning down, especially in a TV show. :D

And then there were Spartans on crack. :mellow:

Also yes, watching the episode tonight.

So, the pilot of that Zombieland show has to be one of the least funny TV shows I've seen in a long time