Jump to content
By UMPIRE

12:7 - Alexandra Amberson vs. Danger Room

MATCH SCORE
Alexandra Amberson: 4
Danger Room: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Calender Man vs. Rainbow Archer

MATCH SCORE
Calender Man: 6
Rainbow Archer: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Burger King vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
The Burger King: 6
Flo (Progressive): 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Artemis vs. Odin

MATCH SCORE
Artemis: 5
Odin: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Battle Droids vs. Clonetroopers

MATCH SCORE
Battle Droids: 0
Clonetroopers: 14

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tallahassee (Zombie Land) vs. The Town of Silent Hill

MATCH SCORE
Tallahassee (Zombie Land): 4
The Town of Silent Hill: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Overlook Hotel vs. Din Djarin

MATCH SCORE
The Overlook Hotel: 4
Din Djarin: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Pele vs. Cúchulainn

MATCH SCORE
Pele: 5
Cúchulainn: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Android 8 vs. Midnighter

MATCH SCORE
Android 8: 9
Midnighter: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Superman

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 6
Superman: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Invid vs. The Romulan Star Empire

MATCH SCORE
The Invid: 7
The Romulan Star Empire: 6

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Snap, Crackle, and Pop

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 7
Snap, Crackle, and Pop: 5

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Qu (All Tomorrows) vs. The Cylons

MATCH SCORE
The Qu (All Tomorrows): 4
The Cylons: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Michonne vs. Monster Island

MATCH SCORE
Michonne: 2
Monster Island: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Apollo vs. Quetzalcoatl

MATCH SCORE
Apollo: 9
Quetzalcoatl: 2

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tony the Tiger vs. Dig 'em Frog

MATCH SCORE
Tony the Tiger: 8
Dig 'em Frog: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Scar (Disney) vs. David Xanatos

MATCH SCORE
Scar (Disney): 5
David Xanatos: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Mario vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Mario: 3
Willy the Hillbilly: 10

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Lara Croft vs. Xenomorph Prime

MATCH SCORE
Lara Croft: 7
Xenomorph Prime: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Ryu vs. Sub-Zero

MATCH SCORE
Ryu: 7
Sub-Zero: 5

12:6 - Plastic Man vs. Doomsday


Recommended Posts

SEASON 12, ROUND 6

Plastic Man

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Plastic Man at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comcis



Doomsday

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Doomsday at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics


Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: New York City

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this setup favors Doomsday. He already cannot die by suffocation, so what is Plastic Man's end game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, shoot.

Alright, so right out of the gate, not lookin' good for my guy. Let me try to make my case anyway. His regeneration means that even that panel isn't nearly the end for him. He can slap himself back together after he's been frozen, broken apart, and thrown at the bottom of the ocean for a thousand years, so a little ripping and tearing is hardly the end. He's uniquely equipped to deal with a lot of the contenders in this slot: conventional physical damage does very little to him, and his regen puts Wolverine's to shame. With many of the other contenders in this slot, he can just outlast them and slowly whittle them down. 

But of course he would draw Doomsday, someone who is also an unstoppable tank.

Let me try to put my best foot forward here. Plastic Man's best feat is undoubtedly him fighting evenly with Fernus, who took out the entire JL. Fernus is an evil Martian Manhunter who has none of his standard weaknesses, basically, and was able to defeat most of the Justice League. However, Plastic Man was able to fight him to a standstill, growing to Kaiju size to do so. Here he is, again, growing to massive size and clearing a path for a clearly-struggling Justice League. If he tried a trick like that on Doomsday, his sheer mass would give him a much better chance than simply trying to envelop him, and now that he knows who Doomsday is and how his power works, unlike their first encounter, he'll definitely not try to subdue him by conventional means.

2 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

I think this setup favors Doomsday. He already cannot die by suffocation, so what is Plastic Man's end game?

I'm glad you asked. Something like this might work. Doomsday can't die by the same means twice, but as far as I know, he's never been killed by someone going inside him and ripping his brain and other organ apart. Again, going toe-to-toe with Fernus means that he can physically go evenly with beings like Doomsday, and his regen means Doomsday, who lacks any of Plastic Man's weaknesses, won't be able to kill him very easily, if at all. Yes, there's the bad feat at the top of this comment, but everyone in that storyline completely forgot how their powers worked to make Doomsday look like an unstoppable monster. I'm calling it a mixture of PIS and the author not know/caring about Plastic Man's abilities. Again, his regen is insane, but for some reason he forgot he had it in his fight with Doomsday, probably because the author didn't know Plastic Man had it.

If that doesn't work, Plastic Man has a few other options. Going Kaiju-sized and fighting Doomsday might work. Again, Fernus took out all the Justice League, including Superman, and Plastic Man was able to fight evenly with him for a long time. Also, going Kaiju sized and just chucking Doomsday into orbit. Good ol' BFR win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 10:39 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

Well, shoot.

Alright, so right out of the gate, not lookin' good for my guy. Let me try to make my case anyway. His regeneration means that even that panel isn't nearly the end for him. He can slap himself back together after he's been frozen, broken apart, and thrown at the bottom of the ocean for a thousand years, so a little ripping and tearing is hardly the end. He's uniquely equipped to deal with a lot of the contenders in this slot: conventional physical damage does very little to him, and his regen puts Wolverine's to shame. With many of the other contenders in this slot, he can just outlast them and slowly whittle them down. 

But of course he would draw Doomsday, someone who is also an unstoppable tank.

Let me try to put my best foot forward here. Plastic Man's best feat is undoubtedly him fighting evenly with Fernus, who took out the entire JL. Fernus is an evil Martian Manhunter who has none of his standard weaknesses, basically, and was able to defeat most of the Justice League. However, Plastic Man was able to fight him to a standstill, growing to Kaiju size to do so. Here he is, again, growing to massive size and clearing a path for a clearly-struggling Justice League. If he tried a trick like that on Doomsday, his sheer mass would give him a much better chance than simply trying to envelop him, and now that he knows who Doomsday is and how his power works, unlike their first encounter, he'll definitely not try to subdue him by conventional means.

I'm glad you asked. Something like this might work. Doomsday can't die by the same means twice, but as far as I know, he's never been killed by someone going inside him and ripping his brain and other organ apart. Again, going toe-to-toe with Fernus means that he can physically go evenly with beings like Doomsday, and his regen means Doomsday, who lacks any of Plastic Man's weaknesses, won't be able to kill him very easily, if at all. Yes, there's the bad feat at the top of this comment, but everyone in that storyline completely forgot how their powers worked to make Doomsday look like an unstoppable monster. I'm calling it a mixture of PIS and the author not know/caring about Plastic Man's abilities. Again, his regen is insane, but for some reason he forgot he had it in his fight with Doomsday, probably because the author didn't know Plastic Man had it.

If that doesn't work, Plastic Man has a few other options. Going Kaiju-sized and fighting Doomsday might work. Again, Fernus took out all the Justice League, including Superman, and Plastic Man was able to fight evenly with him for a long time. Also, going Kaiju sized and just chucking Doomsday into orbit. Good ol' BFR win.

the office slow clap GIF
 

A very impressive effort Peypey, it was very passionate and thoughtful. Too bad we both know that ole Plastic Man hasn’t got a snowballs chance in hell of winning this.

For any voter out there who might have forgotten, Doomsday is an almost insanely OP powerhouse in a universe already filled to the brim with OP powerhouses. He’s soloed the Justice League, tanked a full blast from a GL Guardian, taken down Darkseid, and most famously killed the single most overpowered, maxed out character in the history of comics Superman!

Now I’m not taking anything away from Plastic Man, he’s definitely more powerful then the casual fan is aware of. But while his healing is certainly OP as fuck, he can and has been knocked out by opponents much weaker then Doomsday such as Timebomb and Despero. So even if Doomy can’t kill him he can certainly get a KO victory. 

Also as Peypey himself has admitted Doomy and PM have crossed paths before and it was pretty clear who won.

Doomsday wins. Nuff said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

the office slow clap GIF
 

A very impressive effort Peypey, it was very passionate and thoughtful. Too bad we both know that ole Plastic Man hasn’t got a snowballs chance in hell of winning this.

For any voter out there who might have forgotten, Doomsday is an almost insanely OP powerhouse in a universe already filled to the brim with OP powerhouses. He’s soloed the Justice League, tanked a full blast from a GL Guardian, taken down Darkseid, and most famously killed the single most overpowered, maxed out character in the history of comics Superman!

Now I’m not taking anything away from Plastic Man, he’s definitely more powerful then the casual fan is aware of. But while his healing is certainly OP as fuck, he can and has been knocked out by opponents much weaker then Doomsday such as Timebomb and Despero. So even if Doomy can’t kill him he can certainly get a KO victory. 

Also as Peypey himself has admitted Doomy and PM have crossed paths before and it was pretty clear who won.

Doomsday wins. Nuff said.

Lol I appreciate the commendation. Tough draw for PM. His strategy in this category is to outlast and defeat by unconventional means. Unfortunately, neither of those is really an option against Doomsday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...