Jump to content
By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 22 Match 17301 Medusa (Marvel) vs. Carmen Sandiego

MATCH SCORE
Medusa (Marvel): 0
Carmen Sandiego: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 21 Match 17300 Ruby Rose vs. Tracer (Overwatch)

MATCH SCORE
Ruby Rose: 4
Tracer (Overwatch): 2

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 20 Match 17299 Cassie Cage vs. Trini Kwan

MATCH SCORE
Cassie Cage: 4
Trini Kwan: 1

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 19 Match 17298 Wednesday Addams vs. Chloe Bourgeois vs. Chel

MATCH SCORE
Wednesday Addams: 1
Chloe Bourgeois: 2
Chel: 1

By UMPIRE

Ash Crimson vs. Necalli

MATCH SCORE
Ash Crimson: 3
Necalli: 1

By UMPIRE

Black Widow vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Black Widow: 5
Cybermen (Mondasian): 1

By UMPIRE

Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water) vs. Zarana

MATCH SCORE
Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

By UMPIRE

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Jubei Yagyu

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 4
Jubei Yagyu: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 18 Match 17279 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Baby Doll vs. Ladybug

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 1
Baby Doll: 0
Ladybug: 2

By UMPIRE

Minute Men (Kaiserreich) vs. The French Foreign Legion

MATCH SCORE
Minute Men (Kaiserreich): 1
The French Foreign Legion: 2

By UMPIRE

G.I. Joe vs. Zombies vs. The Super Hero Taisen Army

MATCH SCORE
G.I. Joe: 2
Zombies (Return of the Living Dead): 1
The Super Hero Taisen Universe: 5

By UMPIRE

Doctor Strange vs. Fat Buu

MATCH SCORE
Doctor Strange: 6
Fat Buu: 1

By UMPIRE

Space Jockey Alien vs. Astro Megazord

MATCH SCORE
Space Jockey Alien: 2
Astro Megazord: 4

By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Galford D. Weller

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Master Shifu vs. Eric Taylor

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 2
Eric Taylor: 4

3rd Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi Qualifier R1 M1 - Mileena vs. Rigaldo vs. Yang Xiao Long


Recommended Posts

Gex: ARE YOU REEEADY!?

Gex: That's right all you boomer and zoomers, the Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi is BACK! Minus all the drama and minus the shady characters lurking behind the scenes. I'm your host with the most, Gex (dressed like Jim Ross). I'll be your narrative guide through this jam-packed tournament. I'm joined by our sponsor, owner, and my personal friend - Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

Oswald: My name is Oswald and it is my honor to present to you the 3rd Annual Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi! If this is your first time with us, welcome, and let us set the stage.

Oswald: This isn't the tournament proper, but the qualifiers. Six three-way battles to determine which two qualify to the tournament itself. And for these qualifying rounds we have new stipulations. Firstly, our arena has been equipped with new technology so that we can randomize the environment. This means we will not have a ring out stipulation, but we are implementing a time limit. 5 minutes per fight. Secondly, No killing you're opponent.

Gex: Booo. Not groovy baby.

Oswald: And as before, the winner of this tournament will be awarded the ultimate prize - A wish granted by the Verse City Shenron!

Gex: Okay enough Oswald. This is a rumble, we didn't come here to read. Get to the fight!!!

_______________________________________________________________________

Mileena VS Rigaldo VS Yang


Each combatant will have respected powers and equipment that they can carry into the ring. No outside help or influence. No prior knowledge of each other.

Stage: Lamentis-1 (During meteor shower)

Time Limit: 5 Minutes

Knockout or Death by environment all count as elimination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Learn More About
Mileena
Read more about Mileena at Wikipedia
Official Site: Midway Links: Wikipedia The Mortal Kombat Wiki Wapedia

Rigaldo (The Silver-Eyed Lion King)
Read more about Rigaldo (The Silver-Eyed Lion King) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Funimation Links: Wikipedia Claymore Wiki Myanimelist

Yang Xiao Long
Read more about Yang Xiao Long at Wikipedia
Official Site: RoosterTeeth Links: Wikipedia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SSJRuss changed the title to 3rd Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi Qualifier R1 M1 - Mileena vs. Rigaldo vs. Yang Xiao Long
6 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Rigaldo moves much faster than Yang does, if memory serves, and he's fond of severing limbs, something which Yang has suffered from in the past. He should take this

He's got the speed advantage unless Yang's speed scales to some ridiculous level. He is also the only one of them that regenerates to my knowledge. I think that gives him the edge.

Best argument of Mileena is that she scales to Shao Kahn. That could be something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

He's got the speed advantage unless Yang's speed scales to some ridiculous level. He is also the only one of them that regenerates to my knowledge. I think that gives him the edge.

Best argument of Mileena is that she scales to Shao Kahn. That could be something.

I don't buy that Mileena scales to Shao Kahn, but even if she did, I think Rigaldo would absolutely body Shao Kahn anyway. MK fighters just aren't all that strong. Their universe tops out pretty low

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't buy that Mileena scales to Shao Kahn, but even if she did, I think Rigaldo would absolutely body Shao Kahn anyway. MK fighters just aren't all that strong. Their universe tops out pretty low

I'm taking a look at her respect thread. You might be right but I don't know if I'd say the universe scales low or that Rigaldo could body Shao Kahn. Doesn't Shao have regen of his own?

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/imkz96/respect_mileena_mortal_kombat_composite/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I'm taking a look at her respect thread. You might be right but I don't know if I'd say the universe scales low or that Rigaldo could body Shao Kahn. Doesn't Shao have regen of his own?

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/imkz96/respect_mileena_mortal_kombat_composite/

 

His best recovery feat is surviving and recovering from Liu Kang punching a hole through his chest, but that was with Quan Chi's help accelerating the healing process. He's never, for example, regenerated a limb, and he's much slower than Rigaldo. Shao Kahn's magic is all targeted, and Rigaldo doesn't play around. He goes for the throat very quickly, and Shao Kahn was killed by Kitana's fans to the face, so his regen definitely isn't good enough to keep him alive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

His best recovery feat is surviving and recovering from Liu Kang punching a hole through his chest, but that was with Quan Chi's help accelerating the healing process. He's never, for example, regenerated a limb, and he's much slower than Rigaldo. Shao Kahn's magic is all targeted, and Rigaldo doesn't play around. He goes for the throat very quickly, and Shao Kahn was killed by Kitana's fans to the face, so his regen definitely isn't good enough to keep him alive

That tracks. Though Rigaldo will have to limit himself to maiming in this fight since he isn't allowed to kill. I question if his instincts will allow him to hold back to that degree. Rigaldo will move fast though so he isn't going to let anyone have regen time.

Yang will have a magic shield aura thing so he's going to have to deal with that as well. She might have a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think it’s really fair to scale Mileena to Shao Kahn tbh. Even if she was, I’d still say she would be the first one out, she’s too slow and her durability isn’t even close to the others.

Now I watched the Claymore anime a long time ago but I don’t remember watching the arc with Rigaldo. His Wikipedia page describes him as being a speedy and agile type of Yoma, though I can’t find any definitive feats about his speed levels. But I did read up that Clare was able to defeat him on her own, and from what I recall Clare and Yang’s feats were pretty comparable, Clare might be a touch faster but Yang might be a little more stronger and durable. So in my mind even if Rigaldo is faster then Yang, I think she’s stronger, more durable and her semblance specifically increases those stats every time she takes a hit. I think she’ll eventually outlast Rigaldo and knock him out.

14 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

He's got the speed advantage unless Yang's speed scales to some ridiculous level. He is also the only one of them that regenerates to my knowledge. I think that gives him the edge

His Wikipedia does say that his regeneration is much weaker then most other Yoma though. Besides you said this isn’t a fight to the death so regeneration won’t play that big a part in this match I think. It’ll come down to who KO’s or ring outs the other first, Yang’s Aura protected from a machine that smashed her through 3 highway pillars in a row, then allowed her to demolish the thing to pieces in two hits. The question is whether Rigaldo could tank those hits without getting KOed or knocked out of the area.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I don’t think it’s really fair to scale Mileena to Shao Kahn tbh. Even if she was, I’d still say she would be the first one out, she’s too slow and her durability isn’t even close to the others.

Now I watched the Claymore anime a long time ago but I don’t remember watching the arc with Rigaldo. His Wikipedia page describes him as being a speedy and agile type of Yoma, though I can’t find any definitive feats about his speed levels. But I did read up that Clare was able to defeat him on her own, and from what I recall Clare and Yang’s feats were pretty comparable, Clare might be a touch faster but Yang might be a little more stronger and durable. So in my mind even if Rigaldo is faster then Yang, I think she’s stronger, more durable and her semblance specifically increases those stats every time she takes a hit. I think she’ll eventually outlast Rigaldo and knock him out.

I think comparing Clare to Yang is fair. At this point in the series, Clare and Yang would match up pretty well and probably go about 50/50, but there are a few important notes about Clare that shouldn't be forgotten:

1. She senses Yoki energy, which effectively gave her minor precog to where her opponents were attacking. Even though I agree she is faster than Yang, she was still too slow to fight Awakened Beings, and had to rely on this ability to get by. She doesn't specifically use this against Rigaldo, or rather she isn't specifically shown using it, but consider Claymores who were physically far superior to her were getting bodied and outsped left and right, it's a fair assumption

2. Clare's transformation allowed her to augment her speed greatly, which is really the only reason she could stay in the fight at all. Yang doesn't have an equivalent transformation, and her final attack is dodgeable.

What seems most likely to me is that Rigaldo could ring them both out pretty quickly. He's considerably faster, moving so fast he's invisible to the naked eye to people who themselves are so fast they're invisible to the naked eye, and he hits hard enough that this attacks would knock Yang around. If it were a fight to the death, it would be more interesting, but with ring-out as an option, that seems most likely to me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Mix up on my part, the OG post had both no ring outs and ring outs. I corrected the mistake. The match has no ring outs so it's by forfeit or KO.

Ah so that pushes the fight even more so in Yang’s favor I think. She’s tanked being punched through 3 highway pillars in a row and being launched through the ceiling of her school at Mach speed and falling back down a few minutes later. And since getting her new prosthetic arm she’s even stronger then the times she’s forced open the beak of a giant Nevermore or smashed an Atlesian Paladin to pieces. So I’m thinking her strength and endurance will net her the win.

9 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

1. She senses Yoki energy, which effectively gave her minor precog to where her opponents were attacking. Even though I agree she is faster than Yang, she was still too slow to fight Awakened Beings, and had to rely on this ability to get by. She doesn't specifically use this against Rigaldo, or rather she isn't specifically shown using it, but consider Claymores who were physically far superior to her were getting bodied and outsped left and right, it's a fair assumption

2. Clare's transformation allowed her to augment her speed greatly, which is really the only reason she could stay in the fight at all. Yang doesn't have an equivalent transformation, and her final attack is dodgeable.

Well technically a Huntsman/Huntress Aura does almost the same thing in that on top of protecting them from harm, it also gives them extra sensory perception that alerts them to when an attack is coming. Now Yang herself hasn’t been seen using that ability, but in Episode 2 of Rwby it’s said that all Huntsmen/Huntresses have that ability and since it can detect both Grimm attacks and attacks from enemy humans, it stands to reason that it’ll be able to sense attacks from Yoma as well.

Don’t forget that Yang does have her own super mode in the form of her semblance “Burn”, which she can activate once her aura has absorbed enough blows. Now will this form equalize her speed to the Claymore characters, no, but her already enhanced strength and durability will be increased and any more hits from Rigaldo will strength her even more. And Rigaldo doesn’t really have the feats to show that he can KO her before she becomes too durable to take down. Also keep in mind that while she is slower then him, she’s managed to land hits on Harriet, an opponent shown to be just as fast as her sister Ruby, who is at least a Massive Hypersonic speedster, so I think she’ll eventually be able to land a hit on Rigaldo and weaken him enough to use her final attack on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Ah so that pushes the fight even more so in Yang’s favor I think. She’s tanked being punched through 3 highway pillars in a row and being launched through the ceiling of her school at Mach speed and falling back down a few minutes later. And since getting her new prosthetic arm she’s even stronger then the times she’s forced open the beak of a giant Nevermore or smashed an Atlesian Paladin to pieces. So I’m thinking her strength and endurance will net her the win.

Well technically a Huntsman/Huntress Aura does almost the same thing in that on top of protecting them from harm, it also gives them extra sensory perception that alerts them to when an attack is coming. Now Yang herself hasn’t been seen using that ability, but in Episode 2 of Rwby it’s said that all Huntsmen/Huntresses have that ability and since it can detect both Grimm attacks and attacks from enemy humans, it stands to reason that it’ll be able to sense attacks from Yoma as well.

Don’t forget that Yang does have her own super mode in the form of her semblance “Burn”, which she can activate once her aura has absorbed enough blows. Now will this form equalize her speed to the Claymore characters, no, but her already enhanced strength and durability will be increased and any more hits from Rigaldo will strength her even more. And Rigaldo doesn’t really have the feats to show that he can KO her before she becomes too durable to take down. Also keep in mind that while she is slower then him, she’s managed to land hits on Harriet, an opponent shown to be just as fast as her sister Ruby, who is at least a Massive Hypersonic speedster, so I think she’ll eventually be able to land a hit on Rigaldo and weaken him enough to use her final attack on him.

The inability to ring out does hurt Rigaldo, but no more than the time limit hurts Yang. Rigaldo only has to keep out of harm's way for 5 minutes. I'm not sure what happens after that time, I assume it goes to decision? If so, then I would give it to Rigaldo. Again, he's much faster, and would be dancing around Yang. He understands the parameters of the fight, and knows that if Yang doesn't land a hit, she can't really win. Once Yang powers up, all Rigaldo really has to do is play keep away. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Yang ever sustaining her "Burn" semblance for very long in a fight. I'm no RWBY expert, so if I'm wrong here let me know. In any case, I still think Rigaldo takes this. He would admittedly have a hard time knocking Yang out, but he doesn't really have to. He's way too fast for her to reliably tag, and Rigaldo himself is very durable. If it didn't have a time limit or a ring out, I would agree with you that Rigaldo probably would eventually just get tagged, but I still think he's got this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 5:32 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

The inability to ring out does hurt Rigaldo, but no more than the time limit hurts Yang. Rigaldo only has to keep out of harm's way for 5 minutes. I'm not sure what happens after that time, I assume it goes to decision? If so, then I would give it to Rigaldo. Again, he's much faster, and would be dancing around Yang. He understands the parameters of the fight, and knows that if Yang doesn't land a hit, she can't really win. Once Yang powers up, all Rigaldo really has to do is play keep away. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Yang ever sustaining her "Burn" semblance for very long in a fight. I'm no RWBY expert, so if I'm wrong here let me know. In any case, I still think Rigaldo takes this. He would admittedly have a hard time knocking Yang out, but he doesn't really have to. He's way too fast for her to reliably tag, and Rigaldo himself is very durable. If it didn't have a time limit or a ring out, I would agree with you that Rigaldo probably would eventually just get tagged, but I still think he's got this

Yeah I believe it will just come to decision if for some reason the winner isn't clear. Likely a MMA point system lol.

I think with the time limit, Yang won't be able to deal enough damage and defeat them both.

Rigaldo gets my vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...