Jump to content
By UMPIRE

Ash Crimson vs. Necalli

MATCH SCORE
Ash Crimson: 3
Necalli: 1

By UMPIRE

Black Widow vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Black Widow: 5
Cybermen (Mondasian): 1

By UMPIRE

Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water) vs. Zarana

MATCH SCORE
Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

By UMPIRE

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Jubei Yagyu

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 4
Jubei Yagyu: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 18 Match 17279 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Baby Doll vs. Ladybug

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 1
Baby Doll: 0
Ladybug: 2

By UMPIRE

Minute Men (Kaiserreich) vs. The French Foreign Legion

MATCH SCORE
Minute Men (Kaiserreich): 1
The French Foreign Legion: 2

By UMPIRE

G.I. Joe vs. Zombies vs. The Super Hero Taisen Army

MATCH SCORE
G.I. Joe: 2
Zombies (Return of the Living Dead): 1
The Super Hero Taisen Universe: 5

By UMPIRE

Doctor Strange vs. Fat Buu

MATCH SCORE
Doctor Strange: 6
Fat Buu: 1

By UMPIRE

Space Jockey Alien vs. Astro Megazord

MATCH SCORE
Space Jockey Alien: 2
Astro Megazord: 4

By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Galford D. Weller

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Master Shifu vs. Eric Taylor

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 2
Eric Taylor: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Ryu Hayabusa vs. Deathstroke

MATCH SCORE
Ryu Hayabusa: 3
Deathstroke: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Arthur Morgan vs. Robin Hood

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 1
Robin Hood: 5

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Kida vs. Princess Merida

MATCH SCORE
Kida: 3
Princess Merida: 6

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Puss in Boots (Shrek) vs. The Cube

MATCH SCORE
Puss in Boots (Shrek): 3
The Cube: 4

Politics and the like


Z451
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

So, you've no doubt seen me around the site, and know me as a friendly kind of guy, heck all of us are, pretty much.

But, there is something we all need to talk about and be far more mindful of, recently we had an incident in which a user expressed political opinions within a CBUB match, and on that we're not going to be naming names or citing the specifics of the incident, as the affiliated aspects of said business have been dealt with.

Now, I don't want to come down hard on you guys, nor do I want you all to think of me or anyone else in a negative light, that is not the purpose of this thread nor of my intentions from it, instead I hope that we can work together to move forward in the light of our circumstances as a group, site, or in some ways, a family.

To that end, I'm just going to ask one thing of you guys, and one thing only, please, please, refrain from posting political comments or opinions in your matches, comments, etc., as these things are causing some conflict in the site, and making it harder for everyone.

I care about you guys, just like a lot of us probably do, and I care about the site, so I'm all I'm asking is to keep this idea in your minds before you post something else of this type of nature, please let's work together to better the site and each other.

https://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?/guidelines/

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who posted political opinions here long ago, I don't think I really convinced anyone of anything or ultimately added anything. I think that is a fair rule to keep in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Z451 pinned this topic

Might as well say this to everyone. If you spot any politic activity going on the site, please immediately report it to a Moderator (Z451 or DSkillz).

Please Everyone. We want to keep this place free from politics.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

Might as well say this to everyone. If you spot any politic activity going on the site, please immediately report it to a Moderator (Z451 or DSkillz).

Please Everyone. We want to keep this place free from politics.

Thank you for understanding Venom.

Guys, please, one more time, don't post anything political or that bridges into real life issues.

This is going to be the last warning I give to you guys. Please, no mention of political parties, other countries, issues over seas, religion, race, or anything that goes beyond fictional means, please, please, don't do it.

If you do, I will be issuing punishments accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Thank you for understanding Venom.

Guys, please, one more time, don't post anything political or that bridges into real life issues.

This is going to be the last warning I give to you guys. Please, no mention of political parties, other countries, issues over seas, religion, race, or anything that goes beyond fictional means, please, please, don't do it.

If you do, I will be issuing punishments accordingly.

I'm going to question some of the no mention aspects of the rule. I am not intending to be a malcontent, but the database has characters like https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=2175, characters like Iron Man have explicit origins in events like the Vietnam war or the war in Afghanistan in the MCU, there are great fictional characters like Icon and Black Lightning for whom issues of race are often a key aspect of the character. Even just using these characters in the original context might skirt or break this rule in part.

Could we have some more clarity on the fictional means portion of the rule?

 

I think the concept is good and the rule is good, but I think we might want more guidance.

 

Again, I am not trying to stir up trouble, but I am worried the rule may be unclear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Twogunkid said:

I'm going to question some of the no mention aspects of the rule. I am not intending to be a malcontent, but the database has characters like https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=2175, characters like Iron Man have explicit origins in events like the Vietnam war or the war in Afghanistan in the MCU, there are great fictional characters like Icon and Black Lightning for whom issues of race are often a key aspect of the character. Even just using these characters in the original context might skirt or break this rule in part.

Could we have some more clarity on the fictional means portion of the rule?

 

I think the concept is good and the rule is good, but I think we might want more guidance.

 

Again, I am not trying to stir up trouble, but I am worried the rule may be unclear.

HI TwoGunKid

While I understand the query, i do also think you are (perhaps) being intentionally obtuse.  Especially if you are in the Education space.

I am sure you know where the lines are that are going to get an individual shadow banned, dissapeared or canceled, currently. The consequences for engaging in certain types of discourse can be devastating to individuals.  And the Internet never forgets.

In short, the world the CBUB returned to from hibernation is very different from the more free-wheeling one it left.

For a person who runs a public forum, such as myself, these are times requiring reasonable caution.

So, if you understand where the line I mentioned above is, walk back five steps from it, turn around and get in your spaceship. Fly to another planet. You need to be that far back from the line.

If you are writing something on this site and you think it might be concerning, then it probably is.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fox said:

HI TwoGunKid

While I understand the query, i do also think you are (perhaps) being intentionally obtuse.  Especially if you are in the Education space.

I am sure you know where the lines are that are going to get an individual shadow banned, dissapeared or canceled, currently. The consequences for engaging in certain types of discourse can be devastating to individuals.  And the Internet never forgets.

In short, the world the CBUB returned to from hibernation is very different from the more free-wheeling one it left.

For a person who runs a public forum, such as myself, these are times requiring reasonable caution.

So, if you understand where the line I mentioned above is, walk back five steps from it, turn around and get in your spaceship. Fly to another planet. You need to be that far back from the line.

If you are writing something on this site and you think it might be concerning, then it probably is.

 

 

I'm not trying to be. Honest. I debated posting at all.

 

I find being more specific is better especially when it comes to rules and policies.

 

I am fine with accepting "Use your common sense" as a guide for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I'm going to question some of the no mention aspects of the rule. I am not intending to be a malcontent, but the database has characters like https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=2175, characters like Iron Man have explicit origins in events like the Vietnam war or the war in Afghanistan in the MCU, there are great fictional characters like Icon and Black Lightning for whom issues of race are often a key aspect of the character. Even just using these characters in the original context might skirt or break this rule in part.

Could we have some more clarity on the fictional means portion of the rule?

 

I think the concept is good and the rule is good, but I think we might want more guidance.

 

Again, I am not trying to stir up trouble, but I am worried the rule may be unclear.

 

8 hours ago, Fox said:

HI TwoGunKid

While I understand the query, i do also think you are (perhaps) being intentionally obtuse.  Especially if you are in the Education space.

I am sure you know where the lines are that are going to get an individual shadow banned, dissapeared or canceled, currently. The consequences for engaging in certain types of discourse can be devastating to individuals.  And the Internet never forgets.

In short, the world the CBUB returned to from hibernation is very different from the more free-wheeling one it left.

For a person who runs a public forum, such as myself, these are times requiring reasonable caution.

So, if you understand where the line I mentioned above is, walk back five steps from it, turn around and get in your spaceship. Fly to another planet. You need to be that far back from the line.

If you are writing something on this site and you think it might be concerning, then it probably is.

 

 

To add a bit of clarity to what has been said, opinions on certain hot topic matters such as politics, religion, etc., are largely part of the collective no-nos we are concerned with, among others, but largely so a part of the things we are monitoring closely.

None of this  is meant to be a snide against anyone, but the situations have changed over the years, and we have to be much more careful about things, as Fox has said.

Hence, whatever you may think about the government of this country, or the government of other countries, the state of the world, racial conflicts, etc., is fine, it's great, and I applaud you for having an opinion, but we can not allow it to be posted here in anyway, or else people might get the wrong impression about the site and the people running it.

If you need some help defining the line or so, before you post something that may delve too deep into opinionated matters, you can certainly PM Fox, D, or myself about these things and we'll talk about it, but at this point, everyone just needs to consider what they're posting in regards to these matters before posting content related to the areas mentioned or any of the other areas of concern.

We will do what we have to do, as it is needed, so just keep that in mind, and we do it not with malice, but out of caution.

Please don't do what is provoking this concern.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got no issues for me. I'm just here to enjoy and contribute to this community in the way it is intended. Way I see it, I don't get to make the rules so I might as well follow them. Because I want to be here and use this site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I'm going to question some of the no mention aspects of the rule. I am not intending to be a malcontent, but the database has characters like https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=2175, characters like Iron Man have explicit origins in events like the Vietnam war or the war in Afghanistan in the MCU, there are great fictional characters like Icon and Black Lightning for whom issues of race are often a key aspect of the character. Even just using these characters in the original context might skirt or break this rule in part.

Could we have some more clarity on the fictional means portion of the rule?

 

I think the concept is good and the rule is good, but I think we might want more guidance.

 

Again, I am not trying to stir up trouble, but I am worried the rule may be unclear.

Pop culture is inherently political anyway. So you're not wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality is that the site has been running for over a year with no issues until a couple people decided to use my writing tournament to push their political views. 

It's completely inexplicable.  We don't even talk about those topics here. With so many other websites out there for that kind of thing, why here?

Anyways, the kind of people who are going to do that need to go elsewhere.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...