Lois Lane: 5
Vampirella: 6

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Space Ghost vs. Pepe Le Pew

MATCH SCORE
Space Ghost: 7
Pepe Le Pew: 2

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride) vs. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

MATCH SCORE
Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride): 2
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): 10

Match 16819 James Bond and Catwoman vs. Bane and Penguin

“Now then, why frame me?” Bond worked to contain his anger at the masked Frenchman he held in his hands.

“Mon ami, they don’t pay me to talk.” Despite the bruising Bond had given him, he seemed calm and casually checked his pocket watch. Bond in frustration slapped the Spy across the face only for him to die from it.

Bond stood there holding his dead lead. While perplexed he heard the spawn room door open and a familiar figure enter. “Alec?” Bond was surprised to see 006 had found him, but of course MI6 would send one of their best to hunt him down.

006 Raised his hands “Easy James. I’m not here to fight. I know you wouldn’t go rogue, so what has happened.” Bond turned back on the dead figure in a red suit in front of him.

“This mercenary was impersonating me. The question is why? And who hired him? Of course with a second 00 agent on my side I’m sure we will have this figured out in no time.”

“Oh, but I never really was on your side” before Bond could even react, 006 disappeared in a puff of smoke and in his place was the red suited Frenchmen once again. With a swift motion he turned his pearl handled revolver around and pistol whipped 007 unconscious. 

Bond awoke in a cold room with water all around him, he could feel his hands and legs bound and the chill of ice against his back. Looking around it was clear he was in a nightclub of some kind after hours. A few waitresses in bunny suits were serving champagne and caviar to a shot, stout man in a tuxedo and a top hat and a muscular luchador with some tube connected to the back of his head.  Playing possum for a moment or two Bond thought back to MI6 files and knew both of these men. One was Oswald Cobblepot, better known as the Penguin, a notorious fence and information broker in Gotham City. That would make this the Iceberg Lounge one of his many fronts for organizing criminal transactions. The other man was much more dangerous. An escaped convict from Santa Prisca, Bane was known for his inhuman strength and being the world’s leading provider of the powerful steroid venom. Neither of these men had a personal grudge against Bond or anything to gain from the Berlin bombing, so they were probably middle men between the Spy and whomever actually needed him out of the way. 

“No Bane, we have the terms. We are not renegotiating. I take 60% or I don’t fence it for you. The Lion’s Eye Diamond is certainly valuable, and you will see a pretty penny, but I am by no means cheating you. After all, as a legitimate businessman I have overhead you do not.” 

“Mr. Cobblepot, I have nothing but respect for your operation, but I would not try and cross me lest I break you like a toothpick.” The powerful man casually crushed the steel ice bucket and the champagne bottle within it to demonstrate his point.

“Bane, you won’t find a better deal in town, and besides, if my associates can take down Britain’s greatest agent, why do you think you would fare any better? Of course, you could join the bidding on 007. I have many who are interested in purchasing him for the secrets within his mind. I even hear the League of Assassins is still upset over the Scaramanga incident and that Ubu will be joining us. Coupled with the Russians, SPECTRE, Intergang, Black Mask, and MI6 itself, it should be quite the profitable auction, don't you think?”

At least now he had an inkling of Cobblepot’s plan, and with the listing of people coming to bid on him, he could rule out a few suspects in regards to who wanted him out of the picture. Looking around the room, Bond tried to count his liabilities, a dozen guards all armed with Thompson submachine guns, three leopard seals swimming below the iceberg he was currently trapped on, several members of the kitchen and serving staff who were largely innocent, the Penguin himself, and of course Bane. “I miss Jaws already,” Bond mumbled to himself. What assets could he count on? Chandeliers all over the room might help him even the odds, the guards had weapons he could count on, large glass windows could make for an easy escape, Gotham meant he could get at the MI6 safehouse located near the waterfront, and… a woman in a grey cat suit looking in one of the skylights. “Well that’s interesting” She clearly noticed that he noticed her.

“Alright Cobblepot, we have a deal, but I want first bid on this… superspy you’ve captured. After the incident at San Monique and Mr. Big leaving the market one of my most useful partners disappeared.” 

“Of course Bane, Miss Smith, would you be a dear and get this man his payment.” One of the bunny suit waitresses turned to exit the room while Cobblepot eyed the diamond. A good distraction was all Bond needed when opportunity came crashing through the roof.

“Sorry Penguin, but this cat has plans for this stone.” The grey clad woman came swinging through on a whip lashed to one of the chandeliers snatching the diamond from Cobblepot’s clutches.

“My dear I was expecting you,” Penguin adjusted the head of his umbrella. “I had these installed for our dear Dark Knight, but I think we can test them against you.” With a press of a button, all the windows and skylights were shut off as steel doors slammed shut. “Kill her, I’ve never been overly fond of feline femme fatales.” 

A din of machine gun fire filled the room, Bond had his distraction and had managed to wriggle one hand free, within moments he had freed himself and snuck up on the one guard on the iceberg and struck him across the back of the head. “Sorry you might want to ice that,” Bond said as he picked up the gun and kicked the guard into the water to distract the seals before jumping across to land on the floor. 

“Bane, your cut will go up to 50% if you can bring me Bond alive and that feline dead!” Bond ducked the table that was thrown in his direction.

Bond tackled the guard who was leveling a gun at Catwoman, as she landed next to him. “I want the diamond, you want to get out of here. Do we have a bargain?”

“You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours.”

Roger Moore Bond, Animated Series Bat Villains

Learn More About
Catwoman
Read more about Catwoman at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry Catwoman Webring Gotham Girls Website

James Bond
Read more about James Bond at Wikipedia
Official Site: Ian Fleming Publications Links: Wikipedia The Name's Bond James Bond

Bane
Read more about Bane at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics Links: Wikipedia Unoff. Guide to D.C Universe Dark Knight

Penguin
Read more about Penguin at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics Links: Wikipedia Comic Vine Dark Knight

Good set-up. I give the match a 5.0.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

Good set-up. I give the match a 5.0.

Thank you. I decided to up my game after the last one. I did combine a little Brosnon and Moore Bond canon in my references, but 006 is a good concept.

Penguin's defenses would be hard to get past even with Bond's gadgets, but Catwoman's just the person to help out with that. She dodges while Bond gets a good shot in. Meanwhile, Bond helps Catwoman take down Bane where she probably would have lost on her own. The two actually make a pretty good team.

Alright, pretty good set-up, Twogunkid. An improvement over the previous one. 

If James and Selina were trying to actually fight Bane, Penguin, and the henchmen/women, they'd be in serious trouble. It looks like they're just trying to escape, though, and the two of them are definitely clever enough to do so. As mentioned, it won't be easy.

Bond in Gotham is an intersting angle, I like it. I am giving this to the villains though. If it was just Penguin, maybe not, but my respect for Bane runs deep. Knightfall is one of my favorite comic stories, and although his character has been all over the place since that amazing introduction I still maintain that he is smart and strong and will take down Bond.

Maybe Selina escapes lol. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - JohnnyChany
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
3.80 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.00 - Macklemore

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
25.80 Total Combined Score