The Star Wars Fanatics: 4
The Foot Clan: 9

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Beta Ray Bill vs. Captain Marvel / Shazam

MATCH SCORE
Beta Ray Bill: 9
Captain Marvel / Shazam: 3

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Trevor Belmont (Netflix) vs. Domino (Marvel Comics)

MATCH SCORE
Trevor Belmont: 4
Domino (Marvel Comics): 8

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Ashley J. Williams vs. Predator Pyramid

MATCH SCORE
Ashley J. Williams: 5
Predator Pyramid: 9

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Mr. Peanut vs. Wendy

MATCH SCORE
Mr. Peanut: 5
Wendy: 6

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Lt. Ellen Ripley vs. New York City Penitentiary

MATCH SCORE
Lt. Ellen Ripley: 14
New York City Penitentiary: 3

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Shocker vs. Rhino

MATCH SCORE
Shocker: 8
Rhino: 3

By UMPIRE

12:8 - The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns) vs. Orcs

MATCH SCORE
The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns): 3
Orcs: 9

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Bragi vs. Zeus

MATCH SCORE
Bragi: 6
Zeus: 3

By UMPIRE

12:8 - George Volcano vs. Ronald McDonald

MATCH SCORE
George Volcano: 4
Ronald McDonald: 5

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Angar the Screamer vs. Trapster

MATCH SCORE
Angar the Screamer: 9
Trapster: 2

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Magpie vs. King Shark

MATCH SCORE
Magpie: 3
King Shark: 9

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Ninjas vs. The 300 Spartans

MATCH SCORE
Ninjas: 6
The 300 Spartans: 7

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Thor vs. Anubis

MATCH SCORE
Thor: 7
Anubis: 2

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Apocalypse vs. Ultron

MATCH SCORE
Apocalypse: 10
Ultron: 0

By UMPIRE

12:8 - Doomsday vs. The Hulk

MATCH SCORE
Doomsday: 7
The Hulk: 5

Are Marvel and DC still King here?

So something which has been on my mind lately, and I'm sure a lot of you know going back a little over a decade and how I have been active in writing out storyline arcs be it either largely Predator related and most recently TMNT related. In the time which I have spent on ElectricFerret, specifically the CBUB-- I have noticed that there has been a very large reverence for characters hailing from Marvel and DC to the point where even street level or non-empowered Marvel or DC characters are notoriously difficult to beat.

So... I have to ask, are Marvel and DC still King around here?

In the past with my Predator storylines, I had wanted to have the Predator characters whose records I've been spent in building up facing some Marvel or DC characters (which I did to some degree of success) but never really the big names like say, Captain America or Batman, and I would like to do the same for the my current arc where the characters I'm trying to build up have more than a chance of potentially winning against said characters.

I suppose I want to ask also, like... how many indy or game characters would any character I'm working with in an arc would the need to defeat or the quality of opponents they need to fight just to match even a street level Marvel or DC character?

Part of the problem is Marvel and DC characters have such extensive histories that they have crazy feats that are way out of line with what their usual level is.

1 hour ago, Twogunkid said:

Part of the problem is Marvel and DC characters have such extensive histories that they have crazy feats that are way out of line with what their usual level is.

I agree. There is just so to those characters that they become harder and harder to beat because of the material we're given. Even if you discredit non-canon material, you still have years worth of fighting to go back on. We've basically seen Marvel and DC characters in almost every scenario so it's no surprise that we find ourselves reaching for challenges more and more.

DC and Marvel are still king when it comes to some of the most used comic book characters in the CBUB yes, but I think it's time to show other comic book companies, some big and some indie, some love as well.

IDW, Image and Valient come to mind when it comes to comic book companies, but indie ones that come to mind are ones like Spinnerette, Zot and I think Buzzboy.

Well, I am currently doing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles storyline on the CBUB just like how I was doing two Predator storylines on the form almost a decade ago. My goal now as it was then with the build up the records of these particular characters and have them go up against characters from Marvel and DC while also giving them the necessary experience to take them on and possibly even potentially win.

So what I want to know is how many other characters from independent Comics, video games and movies certain characters have to defeat in order to take on even a street level character from Marvel and DC? That's what I want to know.

I'm not having certain characters fight characters like Spider-Man or Wolverine but guys like Captain America, the Punisher and maybe some of the Bat-Family.