The Daleks: 8
Cobra Organization: 0

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Dr. Evil vs. Lt. Columbo

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Evil: 2
Lt. Columbo: 7

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Sailor Galaxia vs. Raven (DC Comics)

MATCH SCORE
Sailor Galaxia: 9
Raven (DC Comics): 2

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Earthworm Jim vs. Gex

MATCH SCORE
Earthworm Jim: 2
Gex: 9

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Carol Danvers vs. Wonder Woman

MATCH SCORE
Carol Danvers: 2
Wonder Woman: 12

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Beerus vs. Doctor Strange

MATCH SCORE
Beerus: 4
Doctor Strange: 8

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Metaluna Mutant (s) vs. Battle Droids

MATCH SCORE
Metaluna Mutant (s): 2
Battle Droids: 7

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Artemis Fowl II vs. Sherlock Holmes

MATCH SCORE
Artemis Fowl II: 6
Sherlock Holmes: 4

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Tommy Vercetti vs. L (Death Note)

MATCH SCORE
Tommy Vercetti: 1
L (Death Note): 12

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Lisbeth Salander vs. Kingpin

MATCH SCORE
Lisbeth Salander: 7
Kingpin: 4

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Knull vs. Darkseid

MATCH SCORE
Knull: 5
Darkseid: 9

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Mogo vs. Vegeta

MATCH SCORE
Mogo: 1
Vegeta: 10

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Deathstroke vs. Robin (Tim Drake)

MATCH SCORE
Deathstroke: 2
Robin (Tim Drake): 10

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Galactus vs. Larfleeze

MATCH SCORE
Galactus: 9
Larfleeze: 2

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Wario vs. Crash Bandicoot

MATCH SCORE
Wario: 4
Crash Bandicoot: 8

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Omega Shenron vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)

MATCH SCORE
Omega Shenron: 1
Captain Marvel (Shazam): 9

By UMPIRE

9:3 - The Crazy 88 vs. The Minions

MATCH SCORE
The Crazy 88: 6
The Minions: 4

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Hellboy vs. Ozymandias (Watchmen)

MATCH SCORE
Hellboy: 2
Ozymandias (Watchmen): 7

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Superman (Injustice) vs. Ryoko Habuki

MATCH SCORE
Superman (Injustice): 3
Ryoko Habuki: 7

Match 16282 Roxy Rocket and The Ventriloquist & Scarface vs. Baby Doll and Maxie Zeus vs. Red Claw and Firefly

FROM THE FILES OF DOCTOR HUGO STRANGE: 

I am surprised at how simple this process has been.  I was always aware of Gotham City’s reputation for corruption, but I did not anticipate what could be accomplish through a few pay offs and some post hypnotic suggestion.  My agents have infiltrated GothCorp and their Cerebral Unification Facilitator (CUF) project.  They have also laid the ground work to allow the project to test the implants on patients at Arkham Asylum.  Fascinating how desperate the staff at Arkham are to cure their patients; they are willing to embrace a technology that will force two inmates to be mentally linked together.  They believe that this will help with containment and therapy.  In truth, it will serve my purposes in another test of the Batman.  My chosen subjects have already been selected:

Arnold Wesker alias The Ventriloquist

Garfield Lynns alias Firefly

Maximillian Zeus alias Maxie Zeus

Roxanne Sutton alias Roxy Rocket

Natalia Schmidt alias Red Claw

Mary Dahl alias Baby Doll

Again, I anticipate no difficulty in attaining the necessary transfer orders to have my subjects brought to Arkham.  Once they are implanted with the CUF devices, each pair of subjects will be unable to attack each other, nor will they be able to be farther from 10 feet from each other.  Any attempt to consciously assault or be further apart from their partner will result in increasing electrical shocks to the pain receptors of the nervous system.  It will take time for the CUF devices to be implanted and for my subjects to adjust to their new reality, and then I will initiate the next phase. 

Two Months Later…

Firefly’s nap was shattered by the sound of a baton banging on the door of his cell.  “Lynns!  Schmidt!  Time to get up!  It’s your rec room time!”  Sitting up in the bottom bunk, Firefly glared at the door to the cell.  He rose out of bed and looked over the edge of the top bunk to see Red Claw, facing away from toward the wall.   Leaning over the bunk, Firefly gently kissed her temple.  “Rise and shine, sweetie.  It’s another beautiful day.” 

He was swiftly met with Red Claw’s right fist spinning backwards into his jaw.  Firefly fell to the floor as Red Claw rolled over to glare down at him.  In an instant she leapt down on top of Firefly with an upraised fist poised to strike again.  “If you ever presume to touch me again,” she growled in her Eastern European accent, “You won’t live long enough to regret it.”  Firefly gave a knowing smile and pointed to his jaw.  “Go ahead.  Try to take another shot.”  Red Claw’s fist tightened, and a pained expression began to show on her face.  Firefly noticed her discomfort.  “That gadget they put in our heads might be too slow to stop subconscious instincts.  But if you try to make a direct attack, it’ll start to fry you.  I guess it just depends how many brain cell’s it’s worth to you to beat me up.”  Red Claw pulled back her fist to strike only for another shock to jolt through her system, making her flinch in pain.  Finally, with an exasperated huff, she stepped away from Firefly and unclenched her fist.  Firefly smirked as he climbed off the floor, just in time for the cell door to open and allow the Arkham security guard to enter the cell. 

“Alright, you two,” he snapped.  “Let’s move along.”  The two inmates made their way down the corridor, with Red Claw staying as far ahead of Firefly as possible without setting off the implant.  The guard opened the door to a room containing a few pieces of Salvation Army furniture, an old, wall mounted television, and a ping pong table.  At the table, surrounded by a crowd of cheering inmates, Roxy Rocket stood crouched with paddle in hand, quickly striking out to send the ball back across the net to her large, bald opponent.  A few paces behind her stood the Ventriloquist, glancing down nervously, as if gauging the distance between them.  With a grunt of exertion, Roxy sent the ball spinning past her competition.  He glared at Roxy as she twirled her paddle with a grin.  “Game, set, match.  Unless you want to do best 5 out of 9?”  The inmate snarled and took a step toward Roxy, causing the Ventriloquist to defensively raise his hands to his face and step back.  But Roxy stood her ground, grinning and staring up at the face of the sore loser.  “Or we can play a different game if you want.  But trust me.  I’ll win that one, too.”  The inmate, glancing at the guard at door, just gave Roxy a dirty look, then walked over to the corner to sulk. 

Roxy tossed the paddle behind her to the Ventriloquist, who fumbled with it before setting it back down on the table.  She turned and gave a cheerful wave to Firefly.  “Hey, Gar!”  She quickly made her away across the rec room, with the Ventriloquist close behind.  Red Claw rolled her eyes and made her way to a shelf with old magazines as Firefly nodded to Roxy.  “Congrats on the win.  You got some nice moves.”  Roxy wrapped her arms around Firefly’s neck and led him to the couch in front of the tv.  “Oh, I’ve got plenty of moves, Firefly.  Maybe when we get out of here I can show you a few.”  They were interrupted by the coughing of the Ventriloquist, who still stood behind them.  Firefly glared at him.  “Why don’t you beat it, creep?”  The Ventriloquist started to sweat.  “B…B…But I can’t.  I have to stay close to Miss Rocket, or we’ll get hurt.”  Roxy put a finger to his lips.  “Relax, Wesker.  There’s enough room in here for you to give me space without turning on our implants.  And right now, me and Firefly want to be alone.”  She gave a suggestive smirk.  “Unless you want to watch.”  The Ventriloquist blushed and his cough came back, and he backed away from the couch back to the safety of the ping pong table. 

Firefly sat down on the couch with a knowing smile towards Roxy.  “You are a very bad girl.”  Roxy sat next to him, drawing close under his outstretched left arm.  “Of course I am.  I’m in a prison for the criminally insane, aren’t I?”  Firefly sighed as he leaned his head back on the edge of the couch.  “I’m beginning to think the clown was behind this.  You get stuck with puppet boy, I’m left with Miss Siberia.”  Roxy ran her fingers through Firefly’s hair as he closed his eyes.  “Well, look at it this way.  At least we didn’t wind up implanted with…” 

“STAND ASIDE, MORTALS!”  “Yeah!  All you naughty mens get outta horsie’s way!”  Firefly glanced up at Roxy and grinned.  “Yeah, right.”  Through the door of the rec room came the tall physique of Maxie Zeus.  On his shoulders sat Baby Doll, urging him on.  “Whoa, Maxie!  Baby Doll’s all done with her horsie ride.”  Some of the inmates snickered at the sight of the tall, bearded man with the pint sized women on his back, but one glare from Zeus and they turned their eyes away.  Zeus reached up to pick up Baby Doll by the collar of her Arkham jumpsuit, and plopped her on a chair.  “Owwies!” cried Baby Doll.  “Naughty horsie shouldn’t hurt Baby.”  Zeus looked to the heavens and put his hand to his brow.  “Oh the cruel twist of fate!  That I, the lord of Olympus, ruler of the Gods!  Must now be shackled to this descendent of pygmies!”  Baby Doll giggled childishly.  “Baby aint a pig, sillys.  Baby and Maxie are together forevers and evers now.” 

Suddenly, the room was thrown into darkness.  The lights and television instantly switched off.  The inmates shouted and yelled as Arkham security and orderlies struggled to keep them in the rec room.  “What’s happening?”  groaned the Ventriloquist.  Roxy leapt off the couch, and pulled up Firefly after her.  “It’s a breakout!  Someone must have hit the generator!” 

“Maxie?  Please, hold Baby’s hand,” Baby Doll whimpered.  “Baby’s afraid of the dark.” 

“How about you tell your playmate to shut up?” snarled Firefly.  Zeus grabbed Firefly by the collar and hoisted him into the air.  “Silence, mortal!  You shall not speak to the god of thunder thus and live!”  Before Firefly could respond, he was gripped by a burning pain.  His felt as if a hundred tiny blades were jammed into his brain.  In the darkness he could see the silhouettes of the other implanted inmates in similar agony.  But through the pain, he heard a voice. 

“We do not have time to waste.  You will listen to me, and you will follow my instruction.  Do so, and you may be able to escape Arkham and Gotham City.  The 6 of you will proceed into the yard and cross to warehouse 5.  There you will find your equipment and supplies.  I will contact you again.”

The voice and pain faded away, and Firefly looked up to see Roxy, her face partly visible in the red, emergency lights.   “Did you hear a voice in your head just now?  Or is it just me?”  Red Claw moved quickly between the two of them.  “It wasn’t just a voice, fool.   Someone is offering us a chance to escape this madhouse.” 

“But…but…but why us?” stuttered the Ventriloquist.  “Must be those things they put in our heads,” said Firefly.  “But there’s no way I’m letting you nutjobs slow me down.”  An orderly grabbed Firefly by the shoulder.  “Okay, Lynns, excitement’s over.  Back to your cell.”  Roxy suddenly lashed out with leaping kick that sent the orderly crashing into the ping pong table.  “Over?  Honey, when I’m around the excitement is never over!”  She turned to the others and grinned.  “Well, what are you all waiting for?  Let’s go!”  Roxy charged toward the door, diving over a crowd of inmates and security.  The Ventriloquist hurried behind, attempting to stay within 10 feet of Roxy, before Maxie Zeus barreled through the mob like a wrecking ball as Baby Doll held onto his pant leg.  Firefly smirked up at Red Claw.  “Guess we’re busting out of here, partner.”  Red Claw rolled her eyes then took off jogging down the hallway, with Firefly a few steps behind. 

The six subjects made their way through the winding corridors of Arkham Asylum.  Passed prisoners still locked in their cells banging on the doors and orderlies hitting escaped inmates with nightsticks.  They turned a corner to see another squad of security guards.  “BOW DOWN BEFORE THE MIGHT OF ZEUS!”  Maxie cried as he knocked a taser out of a guard’s hand.  Roxy was ready to spring into action again, but she was stopped by the Ventriloquist’s hand on her wrist.  “Please, Miss Rocket.  We have to stay together.  If you move too far away from me, what about the pain from the implant?”  Roxy smiled cheekily.  “Are you kidding?  I’m just starting to like it!”  She cartwheeled down the hall and dived onto a pile of guards.  Red Claw tossed aside opponents with ease, as Firely struck everyone he could with a stolen nightstick.  Just as one guard was able to put a chokehold on Maxie Zeus, Baby Doll stabbed the fallen taser into his thigh and sent him into unconsciousness.  “Baby loves to play with toys!  Nobody mess with Baby’s Maxie!”  Zeus looked stunned for a moment, before returning to the fight.  “Ummm, thank you, mortal.” 

The Ventriloquist sat huddled by the wall with his head in his hands as he tried to block the noise of chaos surrounding him.  But then he heard a voice, a voice he knew all too well.  “Hey!  Dummy!  Get on your feet and get in there!”  The Ventriloquist closed his eyes tight.  “No!  No!  I can’t!”  The voice grew more impatient.  “Listen, Dummy!  I’m here!  You gotta come get me!  We’re busting out of here!  But that can’t happen if that crazy doll your stuck with gets grabbed!  So get in there and fight, Dummy!” 

At that moment, Roxy’s luck was starting to run out.  The guards had her pinned on the floor with her hands behind her back.  They were just about to put handcuffs on her when the air was filled with an attempt at a fearsome cry.  It was the Ventriloquist, running at full speed pushing a custodial cart full of cleaning supplies and screaming as loud as he could muster.  The sight of the balding man in glasses yelling incoherently was enough to distract the guards, and before they could react, the cart had slammed into them and left them in heap by a stone wall.  Roxy shot to her feet and gave an impressed look to the Ventriloquist.  “Nice one, Wesker.  Didn’t know you had it in you.”  The Ventriloquist blushed.  “Th…thank you.  Could we leave now?” 

The six kicked open the door that led to the yard.  Spotlights circled in search of escapees as alarms rang out and men shouted out orders.  Making sure to stay together, the six would-be fugitives made it to warehouse 5.  Amazingly, the door was already unlocked.  They hurried inside, and Zeus and Red Claw shoved boxes to barricade the door.  The warehouse was full of crates and equipment.  The six made their way down the aisles until they reached a loading area.  There they found 6 more crates, each one with their name written on it.  “Hey, Dummy!  I’m over here!”  came a voice, seemingly from the crate marked “Ventriloquist”.  The Ventriloquist rushed to the crate as his companions stared confused, lifted the lid, and pulled out Mr. Scarface.  “Oh, Mr. Scarface, sir!  It’s so good to see you again!” 

“Yeah, yeah.  I’m alls choked up about it.  Come on, dummy!  Your duds are in the box.  I can’t be seen with you dressed like some kind of jailbird!  Move it!”  The other inmates made their way to their crates.  Zeus quickly took off his Arkham jumpsuit and threw on his sash and tunic.  He brandished his thunderbolt rod, letting it charge up to full power.  “At last!  Zeus has his scepter!”  Firefly began putting on his flying suit and Roxy shot him a grin as she put on her bombers jacket.  Red Claw emerged from behind her crate in her red leotard and sash, just as Baby Doll walked out in her purple dress.  “It’s so nice for Baby to be back in her clothes,” she squealed. 

Red Claw was just about to start to wonder where her life had gone wrong, when the burning pain once again struck her and her strained allies.  They groaned in anguish as the voice rang out. 

“You have completed the first test.  There are two more items for you.  For you, Maxie Zeus, you have been provided with a hover craft.  I trust you will find the design aesthetic appropriate.  And of course, Roxy Rocket, your mode of transport is here, as well.  This is important because this will determine which of you can escape.  A boat is waiting for you, moored at Gotham Harbor.  Once there, my associate will remove the implants from your brains.  However, there is one stipulation.  The captain is instructed to only transport two passengers.  Therefore, you must work together with your implant partner to elude the authorities and the Batman, and find the ship.  You may use any means to achieve this goal.  Other than that, you are on your own.” 

As the six recovered, two more larger crates opened up.  In one was Roxy’s famous rocket.  In the other was the hover craft shaped in the form of a chariot, with two metallic horse positioned to pull it.  Roxy ran to her craft and hugged it.  “Good to see you again, babe.”  Zeus leapt onto his craft and took the reins.  “Magnificent!  Apollo couldn’t ask for a finer chariot!”  Red Claw, however, was not as overjoyed.   “This doesn’t make any sense.  Why is our benefactor playing us this way?”  Firefly put on his helmet and sealed it shut. “You can play 20 Questions if you want, but I’m going to find that ship!” 

“Ha ha, mortal!” laughed Zeus.  “That vessel will surely belong to the lord of Olympus!”  Baby Doll leapt on the chariot next to Zeus and tugged on his tunic.  “And Baby too, right Maxie?”  Roxy revved up the engine of the rocket.  “Not if I have anything to say about it!  Let’s go, Wesker!”  Without warning the rocket shot forward, crashing through crates and sending the others scrambling.  Roxy turned the rocket around, and set it towards the Ventriloquist.  The Ventriloquist babbled incoherently until Roxy flew passed him and yanked up onto the rocket to sit behind her.  “Hahaha!  Now this is my kind a moll!”  laughed Scarface, as the rocket shot up toward the retractable roof and smashed through the glass.  “After them, my steeds!”  cried Zeus, cracking the reins causing the metallic horses to spring to life.   As they galloped forward, anti-gravity projectors in their hooves allowed the chariot and it’s passengers to ride up through the roof and into the night.  Red Claw glared at Firefly who hovered slightly above, and offered a hand.  “It’s the only way to fly.”  With a huff, Red Claw raised her arms and took hold of Firefly’s.  “Just know, Lynns, that after we get to the ship, and they get the implant out of my head, I’m going to kill you.” 

“Right back at you, sweetheart,” said Firefly, firing up his suit and launching themselves into the Gotham night. 

OK:

All 6 combatants are their BTAS versions.  They can fight among themselves, or simply just try to evade the cops and Batman.  The first pair that gets to the boat, wins. 

Game On!

Learn More About
The Ventriloquist & Scarface
Read more about The Ventriloquist & Scarface at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics Links: Wikipedia D.C Database Project DCUguide

Roxy Rocket
Read more about Roxy Rocket at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Batman/Superman IMDb

Maxie Zeus
Read more about Maxie Zeus at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Batman Wiki DCAU Wiki

Baby Doll
Read more about Baby Doll at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Links: Wikipedia Batman Wiki DC Animated Wiki

Firefly
Read more about Firefly at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C Comics Links: Wikipedia D.C Database Project Dark Knight

Red Claw
Read more about Red Claw at Wikipedia
Official Site: D.C. Comics Links: Wikipedia Comicvine DC Animated wiki

• broadwaybeyonder changed the title to Match 16282 Roxy Rocket and The Ventriloquist & Scarface vs. Baby Doll and Maxie Zeus vs. Red Claw and Firefly

This is a good story setup, and an excellent use of some of the lesser Bat villains, Roxy's my fave out of all these.

The team that could win it all I think would be Firefly and RedClaw they're both consistently deadly, Baby and Ventriloquist are easy targets, making them a handicap for their counterparts

• Like 1

Huh, since when was a real name given for Red Claw? Not accusing you explicitly, but "Natalia Schmidt" kinda sounds made up. 

Good set-up, though, broadwaybeyonder. Great characterization of the Bat villains here and interesting challenge. Maxie Zeus is a bit more physically imposing than I remember, but then again, we never really saw him engage in h2h in the series.

As for the match, I'd have to agree with Merc here. All of the duos are capable of making the escape (it is Arkham, after all :D), but Firefly and Red Claw are the least likely to hold one another back due to physical limitations.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Huh, since when was a real name given for Red Claw? Not accusing you explicitly, but "Natalia Schmidt" kinda sounds made up. 

Good set-up, though, broadwaybeyonder. Great characterization of the Bat villains here and interesting challenge. Maxie Zeus is a bit more physically imposing than I remember, but then again, we never really saw him engage in h2h in the series.

As for the match, I'd have to agree with Merc here. All of the duos are capable of making the escape (it is Arkham, after all :D), but Firefly and Red Claw are the least likely to hold one another back due to physical limitations.

I'm glad you liked it.  I found the name from the Villains Wiki.  I don't know if it's official canon, but I figured it sounded legitimate enough. 

Red Claw (DC) | Villains Wiki | Fandom

There's nothing I don't love about this fight. Bravo!  Mercenary is probably right, but I am rooting for Maxie Zeus and Baby Doll. That wouldn't have been my answer before reading because they are actually the two of the six that I don't remember from the show, but I just loved their dynamic in your set-up.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Mercenaryblade
5.00 - JohnnyChany
4.80 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.30 Total Combined Score
14.30 / 3 = 4.77 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
The Ventriloquist & Scarface and Roxy Rocket: 1
Maxie Zeus and Baby Doll: 1
Firefly and Red Claw: 3

• Like 1
On 4/30/2021 at 6:09 PM, JohnnyChany said:

There's nothing I don't love about this fight. Bravo!  Mercenary is probably right, but I am rooting for Maxie Zeus and Baby Doll. That wouldn't have been my answer before reading because they are actually the two of the six that I don't remember from the show, but I just loved their dynamic in your set-up.

Absolutely agree. Great job on these lesser characters. Maxie Zeus, Ventriloquist and Baby Doll are some of my favorite Batman villains and you wrote them really well. Glad to see them get used.

My vote would have been for Firefly and Red Claw anyway.

• Like 1