Jump to content
By UMPIRE

Beast (Disney) vs. Mankind

MATCH SCORE
Beast (Disney): 4
Mankind: 0

By UMPIRE

The Daleks vs. Cobra Organization

MATCH SCORE
The Daleks: 8
Cobra Organization: 0

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Dr. Evil vs. Lt. Columbo

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Evil: 2
Lt. Columbo: 7

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Sailor Galaxia vs. Raven (DC Comics)

MATCH SCORE
Sailor Galaxia: 9
Raven (DC Comics): 2

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Earthworm Jim vs. Gex

MATCH SCORE
Earthworm Jim: 2
Gex: 9

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Carol Danvers vs. Wonder Woman

MATCH SCORE
Carol Danvers: 2
Wonder Woman: 12

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Beerus vs. Doctor Strange

MATCH SCORE
Beerus: 4
Doctor Strange: 8

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Metaluna Mutant (s) vs. Battle Droids

MATCH SCORE
Metaluna Mutant (s): 2
Battle Droids: 7

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Artemis Fowl II vs. Sherlock Holmes

MATCH SCORE
Artemis Fowl II: 6
Sherlock Holmes: 4

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Tommy Vercetti vs. L (Death Note)

MATCH SCORE
Tommy Vercetti: 1
L (Death Note): 12

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Lisbeth Salander vs. Kingpin

MATCH SCORE
Lisbeth Salander: 7
Kingpin: 4

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Knull vs. Darkseid

MATCH SCORE
Knull: 5
Darkseid: 9

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Mogo vs. Vegeta

MATCH SCORE
Mogo: 1
Vegeta: 10

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Deathstroke vs. Robin (Tim Drake)

MATCH SCORE
Deathstroke: 2
Robin (Tim Drake): 10

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Galactus vs. Larfleeze

MATCH SCORE
Galactus: 9
Larfleeze: 2

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Wario vs. Crash Bandicoot

MATCH SCORE
Wario: 4
Crash Bandicoot: 8

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Omega Shenron vs. Captain Marvel (Shazam)

MATCH SCORE
Omega Shenron: 1
Captain Marvel (Shazam): 9

By UMPIRE

9:3 - The Crazy 88 vs. The Minions

MATCH SCORE
The Crazy 88: 6
The Minions: 4

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Hellboy vs. Ozymandias (Watchmen)

MATCH SCORE
Hellboy: 2
Ozymandias (Watchmen): 7

By UMPIRE

9:3 - Superman (Injustice) vs. Ryoko Habuki

MATCH SCORE
Superman (Injustice): 3
Ryoko Habuki: 7

Match 16257 Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Terry Bogard


Recommended Posts

Both members from the Turtles and Team Fatal Fury watched in dread and anticipation as the battle between Donatello and Andy Bogard went ahead. For the most part, it seemed as if the two were completely neck and neck. Leonardo watched on with an unrelenting gaze, wanting to figure out how just skilled and powerful the opposing team really happened to be. Already one of them had defeated Michelangelo, and Raphael defeated the kickboxer. And now the outcome of this match entire was on Donatello or Andy Bogard. Terry watched on with interest, never having expected that these four Turtles were this good— and the competition just left him quite eager for whenever it was going to be his turn. The scores were even… too even. And he couldn’t help but smile at that.

Donatello just turned with his hips, and he brought the ends of the staff horizontally as he took aim for Andy’s head, but the blonde haired fighter ducked and weaved from the incoming attack. The red masked genius Turtle compensated as he twirled his staff in his hands and brought the back end down, intending to strike away at Andy on the top of his head, but the younger Bogard sibling had raised his left forearm, blocking the strike head on. Andy retaliated by thrusting his arms out, palms positioned for an open handed strike as he aimed for Donatello’s head. In defense, Donatello rolled his arms, and he brought the ends of his staff down to swat away at the blonde fighter’s forearms, forcing his wrist down and making his hands miss their mark.

The intellectual Turtle then had slammed his staff down onto the ground, and he would push himself up with his legs only to then throw his weight forward and across as he took aim for Andy’s mid-section. Impact had been made as Donatello slammed his feet into Andy Bogard’s chest, causing the blonde fighter to gasp out as his breath had literally been knocked from him as he staggered and dropped back.

“ANDY!” Mai shouted in concern.

Donatello didn’t even so much as give his opponent the time to recover, and so he rushed right ahead but as soon as there was a minimum of three feet between himself and Andy—Donatello came to an immediate stop. He leaned forward and moved his arms outward multiple times, unleashing a volley of thrust with the intent to impact the blunt end of his staff for Andy’s mid-section and face.

“SHIT!” Andy widened his eyes, gasping as he realized how relentless his opponent could be.

Quickly, the blonde fighter had weaved to evade the weapon of his opponent. He had never come across an opponent like this since… Billy Kane. Andy knew what to do at this point as he then grinned. Quickly, he dashed away from his opponent, and then mentally attuned himself to the energy within himself. Registering it in the form of a powerful jolt, he directed it to flow down to his legs and feet. Quickly pushing himself forward, Andy somersaulted in mid-air and kicked both legs out as he came in at Donatello like a comet as energy burst around his feet.

“KUUHA DAN!”

Donatello rushed on ahead now as he zeroed right in on his opponent, and he leaned forward and threw his weight down and curled himself into a ball, rolling ahead underneath Andy. As soon as Donatello rolled to his feet, he quickly rose up and then swung his right leg across to the left as he brought it diagonally up while performing a roundhouse kick. Andy turned, and he positioned his forearms in a guarding posture to fully block the kick. In response, Andy immediately then snapped his left leg out and kicked at Donatello’s standing leg, causing the red masked genius Turtle to fall forward. Quickly taking advantage of this, Andy dropped forward and snapped both his legs out, impacting Donatello firmly in the face with both feet.

Pain washed over Donatello’s senses, but he quickly shook it off only to find himself flat on his plastron protected chest. Quickly grabbing his staff firmly within his hands, Donatello threw his weight to the right and scrambled to his feet. He swung the back end of the bo-staff upwards, intending on striking it firmly up alongside Andy’s chin. A stinging pain moved up Andy’s chin and a strain on his neck was forced upon him, and his vision went white briefly for a moment. He stumbled, turning to the side as he worked to regain his footing.

“Just… who taught these guys to fight so relentlessly?!” Mai inquired, looking to Terry with a look of disbelief on her face.

“I don’t know… But they’re definitely not new to this.” Terry responded.

Donatello rushed on ahead now, and the red masked ninja tucked his staff underneath his right arm as he moved on ahead. Shaking back to his sensing, Andy now widened his eyes to see his reptilian opponent coming right in towards him. He also rushed in ahead as well, and met Donatello head on. The genius Turtle turned, and he swung his staff horizontally across to the right in a reverse swing as he took aim for Andy’s head but the younger Bogard sibling hunched down and once more attuned himself to his energy. Quickly taking to the air as he pushed himself up, Andy turned and swung his arms upwards, chopping and slapping Donatello firmly across the face while taking him airborne with him.

“SHOURYUU DAN!”

“Donnie’s having some trouble here, Leo! Too much science, not enough training!” Raphael angrily muttered.

“He’s being pressed out there Raph… This might be what he needs.” Leonardo responded.

Donatello had hit the ground on his plastron, and he quickly curled himself back and threw his legs out to flip back onto his feet. The red masked brainy Turtle took in a deep breath of air through his nostrils and released a deep sigh from within as he worked to regain his composure. If he was going to win this fight, then he would need to recall the lessons which Master Splinter imparted onto him and keep calm.

Again, Andy gathered up the energy within himself and channeled it through his arms and into his hands. Quickly, he pushed his right arm out, and focused on projecting that energy outward. A blue burst of energy now erupted, releasing a sphere of Ki right in towards Donatello.

“HISHOU-KEN!”

The Turtle was ready for this, as he had recalled his fight prior with King. It seemed as if many of these fighters possessed some kind of supernatural ability to manifest energy, likely bio-electricity and somehow utilize it in an offensive manner. He was ready for it. And as soon as the energy came closer, Donatello then twirled his staff within his hands and then gripped the weapon like a bat—and swung it across, impacting his weapon into the sphere of energy, causing it to disperse. Andy widened his eyes at this, and immediately focused himself to his energy once more, and now dashed in towards Donatello at a high speed as he pushed his right elbow out.

“ZANEI-KEN!”

Quickly reeling his staff back, and positioning it horizontally—Donatello managed to block the elbow but the impact was enough to make his wooden staff crack and break. Now, he was without his weapon… But Donatello was far from useless. Swiftly, he utilized his skill in sleight of hand, and moved his right hand down to his utility belt and drew out a smoke pellet. Tossing it to the ground, Donatello broke the pellet and allowed a waft of smoke to spread out. Andy coughed as he waved his hands, aiming to move the smog away from himself.

But then Andy heard something moving through the air, and he turned as he widened his eyes in shock as he spotted four shining and spinning metallic objects coming right in towards him. Utilizing his training in Shiranui-ryu ninjutsu, Andy moved his hands out, grabbing a hold of the incoming objects and looked to them. Shurikens. Throwing stars… But he was perplexed to see that there was a blue blinking light on them.

“What the— ARRRGH!!”

A current of electricity coursed through himself now, and Andy’s nerves were screaming in pain now. He quickly shook his hands and dropped the shurikens.

“Gotta love it when Don’s gadgets work, huh?” Michelangelo grinned.

“HEY! FOUL! FOOOOUL! I CALL FOUL!” Mai shouted, cupping her hands around her mouth.

“Ain’t nothing in the rules about using weapons in the tourney, girlie! You got some folks with blades in this shindig in some teams, you know!” Raphael retorted.

Donatello burst from the smoke as he rushed in from the side, and he immediately moved his arms out—now taking ahold of Andy by the head. Without hesitation, Donatello thrust his head forward and slammed it directly right in the middle of Andy’s face. A wash of pain entered into the younger Bogard sibling’s nose, and he felt a sharp pain moving into his head. Fighting through the pain, Andy swung his arms upward and used his hands to break away at Donatello’s grip. The blonde haired fighter then thrust his left hand forward and out, striking at Donatello’s throat. The Turtle gagged as he placed his hands onto his neck, and Andy saw an opening as he took aim for the reptile’s face as he turned with his hips and thrust his right arm out with his palm open.

The Turtle had moved his right arm across to the right as he flattened his hand to ridge, chopping away at Andy’s incoming fist and with a flick of his wrist, Donatello took hold of his opponent’s forearm, turned and gripped the limb with both his hands only to lean forward and utilize Andy’s momentum against him. Most of Andy’s weight would do the work, and the Southtown fighter hit the ground flat on his back and wheezed out in extreme discomfort.

Following with this, Donatello dropped down onto Andy with his shell slamming down onto his opponent’s mid-section, and the Turtle rolled off from him. Andy gasped out as he felt his chest compressing and more of the air being squeezed out from him.

“I’ve never seen Andy fight hard like this before.” Terry spoke out.

The older Bogard sibling now had watched on as Andy placed his hands down onto the ground and pushed himself to his feet. Donatello then snapped his left leg forward and out in a rising front kick but Andy slapped the Turtle’s foot down and retaliated by turning with his hips and he thrust his arms out for a triple palm strike volley. The red masked mutant Red Ear Slider turned with his hips, and he swung his forearms horizontally inward while positioning them vertically, diverting the strikes away from him for the time being.

Summoning the reserves of energy within himself, Andy now directed it to move through his arms and continued to focus more into it. At point blank range, Andy pushed his left arm out—firing off a burst of blue colored energy for the Turtle’s plastron. Donatello lurched forward as he felt something striking into him, and watched as Andy moved his other hand out, causing the blue sphere to explode outward.

“ZETSU HISHOU KEN!”

Donatello flew back, striking the edge of the fountain and causing the stone to break against his shell. But he had suffered worse than this, a lot worse. Firmly placing his hands down onto the water covered ground, he then pushed himself up onto his feet, and took in several deep breaths of air—and the red masked Turtle clenched his hands firmly into fists, only to bring them up.

“YOU GOT THIS DONNIE!” Michelangelo shouted.

Andy just widened his eyes at this— he couldn’t even comprehend just how his opponent was able to withstand something like that. Shaking his head, he couldn’t help but wonder.

“What… are you?”

“A turtle… of the teenage mutant ninja variety!” Donatello shouted.

Donatello and Andy now rushed in towards one another, ready to finish this off. And collision occurred, as the two now unleashed punches and kicks, intercepting and blocking one another as they were fighting on a whole new level which only they broke through as they pushed each other to do so. This would go on for a full on minute, and then… Donatello and Andy Bogard threw fist and palm outward… Contact was made.

Don’s fist impacted Andy’s chin, Andy’s palm impacted Don’s cheek.

And both staggered back and dropped to their knees.

They looked to one another and placed their hands to the ground, working to push themselves up but were unable. Exhaustion overwhelmed them. Leonardo and Raphael rushed over towards Donatello, as did Mai and Terry moved to Andy. Both lifted their respective team members to their feet, and pulled them away from one another. The Turtles moved over to their side as did Team Fatal Fury over to theirs.

The scores were relatively even. Both sides had secured a victory, with Mai Shiranui having defeated Michelangelo, and Raphael having defeated Joe Higashi—who still had yet to awaken from the beating the hot-headed Turtle delivered upon him. But both sides had a chance to walk away from this the victor.

Leonardo had looked over to Donatello, placing his hands down onto the brainy Turtle’s shoulders and nodded to him quite proudly.

“You did good out there, better than I thought you could do!”

“But I didn’t win.”

“Neither did they.”

Raphael looked over to Michelangelo, recalling the bitterness which he felt when he saw how he had been beaten in the first round. The red masked ninja then had moved his hands down to his utility belt, and then took hold of the red cloth braided handles of his steel twin sai. He took a step forward.

Leonardo moved an arm out— blocking Raphael from taking another step.

“No. This time… I’ve got to try. I need you to rest up a little more. Mikey’s out, and Donatello’s pretty much burned out for now. So I need you to be the backup in case this goes entirely south.”

Raphael stammered but nodded as he realized what Leonardo had planned.

“Leo, wait… You might want some of these.” Donatello spoke out as he reached to his utility belt.

Upon feeling what he was searching for, Donatello took out what seemed to be a set of ten electro-shurikens. Leonardo looked down and then moved his right hand out and gathered them within his grasp, only to then slip them into his own belt, and then gave a solemn nod to his intellectual brother.

“Guess it’s down to us two, Mai.” Terry said as he had looked over to her, tipping his hat as he formed a soft smile.

Leonardo now took a step forward, making his way over to the middle of the area now and Terry moved ahead as well, and the Southtown fighter paused as soon as there was about eight feet between himself and the red masked Turtle. Both team leaders looked to one another, sizing each other up.

“This ain’t your first rodeo, is it?” Terry asked.

“You ever compete in the Triceraton tournaments?” Leonardo responded with a question of his own.

The question posed as an answer just made Terry blink as he shook his head from side to side, and he had no idea what his would be opponent seemed to be talking about. Just what in the world was a Triceraton anyway? Terry Bogard shrugged his shoulders, and he formed something of an amused smile on his face.

“I can’t say that I have… But it’s down to us now. Should we get started?” The Lone Wolf raised his hands, balling them to fist as he now positioned himself into fighting posture.

Leonardo moved his arms back, now taking hold of the red cloth braided handles of his twin steel ninjaken—drawing the weapons out for the time being and the mutant Red Ear Slider nodded his head. He looked all around the area, now surveying the environment all around himself as he already worked to think of a plan.

“Let’s…”

Terry Bogard now focused on the energy within, and he channeled it through his arms and moved the energy to flow through his right arm and hand. Quickly, he leaned down and thrust his arm down as he impacted his fist to the ground and allowed the energy to explode outward in a yellow colored burst.

“POWER WAVE!”

Leonardo dashed forward and he immediately pushed himself up, taking to the air at a height of ten feet and soared right in towards Terry. Throwing his weight forward and down, Leonardo somersaulted through the air and he swung both his arms downward, slashing his twin blades down for his opponent.

Now the battle between the two team leaders commenced.

This one was an absolute challenge to write. In all the eleven years in which I have been writing for the CBUB, I have never had a match which resulted in the draw like the match between Donatello and Andy Bogard, so I had to go out of my way to write a lengthy recap to really capture on how grueling and difficult that fight would've had to been on both sides. So I had hoped that I managed to have written something down which absolutely came down to how that fight would be described and even felt. And now where we are, the match between the two team leaders-- Leonardo and Terry Bogard. I think this would be an exceptionally interesting one as both are considered to be quite skilled in many ways. Just to confirm, the Fatal Fury OVAs are not being considered for this match up as they are non-canon to the Fatal Fury or KOF continuities are far as the game canon is concerned.

For new readers who are just hopping onto this storyline here, I suggest you look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what the Mirage Turtles are more than capable of.

 

Leonardo is low tier superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation.

Leonardo possesses Twin Ninjaken, Shurikens, Electro-Shurikens, Smoke Bombs, Metsubushi Eggs filled with Sand and Kunai.

 

Terry Bogard is in Peak Human Conditioning due to his Training.

Terry Bogard possess all of this move set from the Fatal Fury and KOF series.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'll amend a previous statement: this is the best fight recap of this arc!

Another great set-up, Rakai. You really captured the intensity and urgency of the Donnie/Andy fight. The KoF part of this arc just shows that unexpected results really can bring out the best in people. 

As for this match, this should also be a tough fight, but I think Leo takes it in the end. I'll admit that most of my memory of KoF comes from the first two OVA's from the '90's. Given that those shouldn't really be considered canon to the games, that kinda brings Terry and Co. a bit more down to earth. Given that, and considering what the Mirage Turtles deal with on a regular basis, the Turtles should probably have the edge in this portion of your arc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I think I'll amend a previous statement: this is the best fight recap of this arc!

Another great set-up, Rakai. You really captured the intensity and urgency of the Donnie/Andy fight. The KoF part of this arc just shows that unexpected results really can bring out the best in people. 

As for this match, this should also be a tough fight, but I think Leo takes it in the end. I'll admit that most of my memory of KoF comes from the first two OVA's from the '90's. Given that those shouldn't really be considered canon to the games, that kinda brings Terry and Co. a bit more down to earth. Given that, and considering what the Mirage Turtles deal with on a regular basis, the Turtles should probably have the edge in this portion of your arc.

Thanks for commenting DSkillz!

Yeah, the outcome between Donatello and Andy Bogard was a completely unexpected one. I had to think of a way on how I was going to write that one down and it had to be a pretty lengthy recap to really simulate that sense of urgency.

It seems against Team Fatal Fury, the Turtles are working to earn their stripes here.

Again, thanks for commenting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive stuff Rakai, your fight description work very well here, and I do like how you bounced back from the Tie outcome to create a pretty believable scenario here.

The story recap works here in a number of ways, and from here on out I think you'll be able to write for any the three possible outcomes pretty effectively.

Sorry for any entries I've missed out on, I've allowed myself to get caught up in things, but I can tell you this, your writing is very well crafted and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it, so I gotta give you great props on that.

Now, for this match, Terry is quite powerful, but I would think that his personality and ego might get in the way here, whereas Leonardo is more level-headed in how he handles certain threats, which combined with his prior experience in dealing with powerful opponents alone, will go a long way in combating Terry's power.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Z451 said:

Impressive stuff Rakai, your fight description work very well here, and I do like how you bounced back from the Tie outcome to create a pretty believable scenario here.

The story recap works here in a number of ways, and from here on out I think you'll be able to write for any the three possible outcomes pretty effectively.

Sorry for any entries I've missed out on, I've allowed myself to get caught up in things, but I can tell you this, your writing is very well crafted and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into it, so I gotta give you great props on that.

Now, for this match, Terry is quite powerful, but I would think that his personality and ego might get in the way here, whereas Leonardo is more level-headed in how he handles certain threats, which combined with his prior experience in dealing with powerful opponents alone, will go a long way in combating Terry's power.

Thanks Z451! Yeah, it was something of a challenge to write up an outcome which has never occurred in any of my arcs, whether they are Predator or TMNT, so I had to think of something which was pretty lengthy and descriptive to explain why the outcome came out the way it did in the tournament setting. Donatello is the Turtle who definitely devotes his time to science, but he's done an adequate job with keeping up with his brothers by training whenever he feels like he's getting rusty, and Andy while is not at all a natural athlete like his brother Terry, compensates for this by training hard. So, they're similar in that aspect, and I would like to think that I captured that.

Terry definitely has a lot of explosive power when it comes to his control over his own Ki, and he definitely is natural fighter but as you said-- Leonardo is definitely more level headed and he's the strategist of the Turtles, and one could say that his strategic thinking is what pulls the Turtles through so many of their victories as a team. So right now, it's definitely strategy versus power here.

Thanks for commenting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exceptional work, RakaiThwei. The unexpected turns in this group battle make it even more engaging in my opinion. Your fight descriptions are always top notch, I personally really enjoy the running commentary from both sides.

I am not sure on who to vote for yet in the battle of the leaders, might have to puruse the respect thread again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Exceptional work, RakaiThwei. The unexpected turns in this group battle make it even more engaging in my opinion. Your fight descriptions are always top notch, I personally really enjoy the running commentary from both sides.

I am not sure on who to vote for yet in the battle of the leaders, might have to puruse the respect thread again.

 

Thank you! That unexpected tie more or less was something of a challenge to write!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man you sure take the time to put as much detail and work into your matches as you can Rakai. Much respect and admiration from me.

Hmm, this is a very tough for me, love the TMNT crew and I love Fatal Fury! The fairest thing to do is to break it down based on the most important attributes:

Speed: Leonardo has dodged and evaded AR bullets and lasers fired from Triceraton soldiers. Terry by video game feats is a bullet dodger as well. So it’s close, but I’ll give the edge to Leo due to him dodging higher caliber bullets much more frequently.

Terry dodging bullet by NocturnBros

Strength: Leo’s best strength feats include bashing through a brick wall and lifting then carrying a steel fridge. Terry best strengths include grappling with and overpowering guys like Chang Koehan (according to SNK wiki weighs 448 pounds at least) and punching the ground so hard he produces shock waves! Terry takes this tier rather comfortably.

Durability: Leo and his bros can jump from 3 story buildings and land on their feet, and endured being impaled by enough arrows and shurikens to look like a turtle pincushion! In King of Fighters 99’ Terry survived being in the epicenter of a collapsing NEST cartel building! Terry wins durability.

(Don’t have any gifs that show the NEST building explosion, but it is mentioned in most wikis about Terry)

1C80945B-E519-4A5B-90BA-A4A613258383.thumb.png.0b179da71ee34e99118d5d21ce7d07c1.png864B246F-1FFE-41B5-8CEC-827695B5CEE2.thumb.png.8368b94a26640d6117b795c776626ea9.png

Experience: Leonardo has lead his team in fighting a variety of villains throughout the Mirage run, included ninjas, world class martial artists, aliens, and the best fighters from across dimensions. Terry has competed in fighting tournaments from Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series. Both have fought many different kinds of foes, but Leonardo’s experience in fighting foes from beyond our own planet certainly gives him the edge in experience.

Training: Leonardo and his brothers have been training in martial arts by their Master Splinter since they could walk in order to help him kill the dreaded Shredder. Terry and his bro Andy grew up as orphans in the violent streets of South Town, first being taught by their adopted father Jeff Bogard and then by Jeff’s former master Tung Fu Rue. Both stories seem pretty similar, but then I remembered that this version of Splinter wasn’t Hamato Yoshi, but his mutated pet rat. Sure he technically learned ninjutsu by mimicking Yoshi’s movements, but did he actually get in any fights himself before raising the Turtles? Nope. Jeff and Tung meanwhile were actual formally trained martial artists who were widely considered some of the greatest fighters of their time. Sorry Leo, but Terry takes the final edge due to being trained by two properly certified masters.

Sorry Rakai, but with a 3-2 advantage I gotta give it to Terry. Trust me, I take no pleasure in voting against my favorite turtle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Man you sure take the time to put as much detail and work into your matches as you can Rakai. Much respect and admiration from me.

Thank you. I do my best.

40 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Speed: Leonardo has dodged and evaded AR bullets and lasers fired from Triceraton soldiers. Terry by video game feats is a bullet dodger as well. So it’s close, but I’ll give the edge to Leo due to him dodging higher caliber bullets much more frequently.

We can agree that Leonardo is indeed faster... That much is a given... HOWEVER... Nice try in posting a gif from KOF: Destiny, SNK's Youtube KOF Web-series. Yes, I've seen the series and I know that gif very well and the series is a very good series, and a retelling of King of Fighter's 94 but set in our current era rather than the nineties. Nice try in trying to slip one under me!

40 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Strength: Leo’s best strength feats include bashing through a brick wall and lifting then carrying a steel fridge. Terry best strengths include grappling with and overpowering guys like Chang Koehan (according to SNK wiki weighs 448 pounds at least) and punching the ground so hard he produces shock waves! Terry takes this tier rather comfortably.

You mean this Strength feat?

cjscSZK.png

Well, as far as I know about old school steel refrigerators-- they can weigh up to 400 lbs when empty. Comparing Chang Koehan's weight and empty fridge by a forty eight pound difference isn't something significant enough to give Leonardo too much of an issue, and I'm sure Leonardo can do the same thing.

Terry's striking power might be greater than Leonardo's but that's because of his Ki control and when he enhances himself with it.

40 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Durability: Leo and his bros can jump from 3 story buildings and land on their feet, and endured being impaled by enough arrows and shurikens to look like a turtle pincushion! In King of Fighters 99’ Terry survived being in the epicenter of a collapsing NEST cartel building! Terry wins durability.

I've played KOF 99, and I recall the ending which you bring up. However, Terry surviving having debris falling on him isn't something attributed to superhuman durability as it's something which happens to a lot of people in real life. People survive having debris falling on them sometimes, with minor injuries or critical injuries. In this case, Terry likely may have survived with minor injuries, or perhaps used his Ki control to endure something like that.

Except... Terry hasn't been nearly crushed to death by a Kaiju sized Utrom Shredder, and survived to tell it has he? Well... Mirage Leonardo has. Yes, I had to pop in my Turtles Forever DVD to get this screenshot.

bub4pRI.png

Yes, ALL four Turtles were being crushed to death by Utrom Shredder who was Kaiju sized and as he was squeezing them to death, Utrom Shredder was effectively erasing the TMNT Multiverse, as the existence of the TMNT Multiverse solely depended on the Mirage Turtles existing. And they lasted long enough, likely maybe thirty seconds until 1987 Toon Donatello saved them from being crushed to death with an exploding shuriken.

40 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Experience: Leonardo has lead his team in fighting a variety of villains throughout the Mirage run, included ninjas, world class martial artists, aliens, and the best fighters from across dimensions. Terry has competed in fighting tournaments from Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series. Both have fought many different kinds of foes, but Leonardo’s experience in fighting foes from beyond our own planet certainly gives him the edge in experience.

Leonardo's definitely got the better experience. We can agree on that.

40 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Training: Leonardo and his brothers have been training in martial arts by their Master Splinter since they could walk in order to help him kill the dreaded Shredder. Terry and his bro Andy grew up as orphans in the violent streets of South Town, first being taught by their adopted father Jeff Bogard and then by Jeff’s former master Tung Fu Rue. Both stories seem pretty similar, but then I remembered that this version of Splinter wasn’t Hamato Yoshi, but his mutated pet rat. Sure he technically learned ninjutsu by mimicking Yoshi’s movements, but did he actually get in any fights himself before raising the Turtles? Nope. Jeff and Tung meanwhile were actual formally trained martial artists who were widely considered some of the greatest fighters of their time. Sorry Leo, but Terry takes the final edge due to being trained by two properly certified masters.

Regardless of Mirage Master Splinter's origins, as he is a rat who had trained by mimicking Hamato Yoshi's movements and techniques-- saying that he has no fighting experience before training the Turtles is straight up wrong. Master Splinter is actually a highly skilled master of Ninjutsu to the point where he's competed in the Battle Nexus, and even has become it's champion and Daimyo. This was revealed in Volume. 4, issue number 31 of the Mirage comics.

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hamato_Splinter_(Mirage)

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Nexus#Mirage

The fact that Splinter has fought there before, and won even this tournament suggest that prior to training the Turtles, he has been in battles before. So... saying that he has no experience in fighting training the Turtles is absolutely wrong.

Although Terry does have the benefit of having two Masters... I will give you that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another excellent write up Rakai. Whenever I get a chance to read your recaps I feel like I really slip into whatever's going on. Excellent read. Now, I missed seeing what the vote tally was on the last match so I thought you had just caused the match to be a draw for dramatic effect. I can't believe it ended in a tie. I actually thought Donatello was in trouble when his staff was broken. Anyway, great set up.

 

Now, to this match itself. I will thank Pizzaguy for saving me some legwork in looking up some comparisons, especially for Terry. Since there was some debate on the KOF 99 ending (because honestly, I think we are understating having a building fall on you. There is a big difference between large amounts of material and debris burying you ala spider man vs having some rocks fall on you. I actually watched this video to see if I could judge it myself and was left with more questions than answers). I will just say that Terry's Ki might provide him with some incredible durability for a certain period of time, but his base durability is probably below that of Leo.

 

With all that being said, I think it really comes down to how effective those crazy moves are. Glancing over at some Terry wikis it looks like he is able to perform "power geysers" as well as form small level tornados (Senpukyaku)? I know the turtles have faced some crazy opponents but this seems like quite a task in a one on one setting. I am leaning towards Leo simply because of his superior durability as well as the weapons he has on hand, but I could see Terry putting a lot of pain on anyone with moves like the Buster Wolf. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

Another excellent write up Rakai. Whenever I get a chance to read your recaps I feel like I really slip into whatever's going on. Excellent read. Now, I missed seeing what the vote tally was on the last match so I thought you had just caused the match to be a draw for dramatic effect. I can't believe it ended in a tie. I actually thought Donatello was in trouble when his staff was broken. Anyway, great set up.

Yeah, the votes between Andy Bogard and Donatello were three to three. So when I saw that the results were literally dead even, I had to write the fight up as such and it turns out I wound up writing up to six pages if I look at the document on MSWord. So, I am glad that I was able to put in some dramatic elements into it.

9 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

Now, to this match itself. I will thank Pizzaguy for saving me some legwork in looking up some comparisons, especially for Terry. Since there was some debate on the KOF 99 ending (because honestly, I think we are understating having a building fall on you. There is a big difference between large amounts of material and debris burying you ala spider man vs having some rocks fall on you. I actually watched this video to see if I could judge it myself and was left with more questions than answers). I will just say that Terry's Ki might provide him with some incredible durability for a certain period of time, but his base durability is probably below that of Leo.

I have to admit that Pizzaguy did do his homework, although he did use an animated gif from depicting Terry Bogard from an animated Web-Series (a very good series mind you, though non-canon with the games) and it helped you draw some comparisons between Leonardo and Terry here. However, I have to question the canonicity of the feat in question because as KOF has so many teams, and the player has to pick a team, SNK hasn't really commented on whether or not that ending depicting Terry Bogard having debris from a falling base is canon or not. However, regardless of the canonicity of the ending, it can stand to reason that Terry can use his Ki to enhance his durability, though to what degree remains in question HOWEVER... Terry is NOT the only character to display a similar fate or feat. Takuma Sakazaki, father of Ryo and Yuri Sakazaki as well as the founder of Kyokugen Karate also had debris from the NEST base falling on him, and he also survives only to PUNCH his way out from it. Though again, the canonicity of that feat for Takuma, like Terry, is also put into question as SNK has never commented on which ending is canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQOqWETcOCk

It would also stand to reason that Leonardo has the better baseline durability, as a mutant Turtle, he can withstand up to 36,000 PSI. After all, an empty Turtle shell, depending on it's weight can withstand up to 200x it's weight in pressure-- this also applies to empty shells before said carapace and plastron crack. In nature, it's been documented that in the wild, Turtles have been seen caught in the mouths of alligators, and they simply cannot crack their shells-- of course, this is dependent on the size and weight of the Turtle in question, so your mileage will vary but alligators and crocodiles have a bite force of over 1,000 to 2,000 PSI. You can see this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5TFRy8-iKA

But for a mutant Turtle like Leonardo, we can assume his weight is somewhere to 150 to 160 pounds, due to Turtles possessing more muscle mass than humans and the shell. So, Leo's shell should withstand up to 30,000 to 36,000 PSI before cracking.

23 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

With all that being said, I think it really comes down to how effective those crazy moves are. Glancing over at some Terry wikis it looks like he is able to perform "power geysers" as well as form small level tornados (Senpukyaku)? I know the turtles have faced some crazy opponents but this seems like quite a task in a one on one setting. I am leaning towards Leo simply because of his superior durability as well as the weapons he has on hand, but I could see Terry putting a lot of pain on anyone with moves like the Buster Wolf. 

Terry is definitely someone powerful, and I would think that Leonardo makes up for a lack of superpowers outside of what his adaptations as a mutant Turtle offers him through his training under master splinter and the skills he's acquired from said training and experiences.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A bunch of good debating for this match. Good set-up too.

I'm slightly leaning in favor of Pizzaguy's argument. Leonardo is one of my favorite Turtles, but this fight is just to close to call with any certainty. Terry and Leo 5/10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

A bunch of good debating for this match. Good set-up too.

I'm slightly leaning in favor of Pizzaguy's argument. Leonardo is one of my favorite Turtles, but this fight is just to close to call with any certainty. Terry and Leo 5/10.

Good to know I made a match that is extremely close. We're going to find out tonight around by 11:00 PM to 1:00 PM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.30 - SSJRuss
4.80 - Marvel Man
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Z451
4.80 - Marvel Man
5.00 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
7 Total Votes cast
33.90 Total Combined Score
33.90 / 7 = 4.84 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 4
Terry Bogard: 8

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Callisto said:

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.30 - SSJRuss
4.80 - Marvel Man
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Z451
4.80 - Marvel Man
5.00 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
7 Total Votes cast
33.90 Total Combined Score
33.90 / 7 = 4.84 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 4
Terry Bogard: 8

Wow, not as close as I would have thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SSJRuss said:

Wow, not as close as I would have thought.

Yeah, and the comments seemed to lean towards Leonardo winning...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...