Jump to content
By UMPIRE

9:4 - Infected vs. Kobolds

MATCH SCORE
Infected: 0
Kobolds: 13

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Ryoko Habuki vs. Franklin Richards

MATCH SCORE
Ryoko Habuki: 3
Franklin Richards: 10

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Metaluna Mutant (s) vs. Death Troopers

MATCH SCORE
Metaluna Mutant (s): 4
Death Troopers: 6

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Tony "Scarface" Montana vs. Sherlock Holmes

MATCH SCORE
Tony "Scarface" Montana: 5
Sherlock Holmes: 6

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Parallax vs. Ainz Ooal Gown

MATCH SCORE
Parallax: 9
Ainz Ooal Gown: 0

By UMPIRE

9:4 - L (Death Note) vs. Hannibal Lecter

MATCH SCORE
L (Death Note): 8
Hannibal Lecter: 4

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Kirby vs. Shadow the Hedgehog

MATCH SCORE
Kirby: 8
Shadow the Hedgehog: 2

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Luigi vs. Miles 'Tails' Prower

MATCH SCORE
Luigi: 9
Miles "Tails" Prower: 4

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Captain Marvel (Shazam) vs. Doctor Doom

MATCH SCORE
Captain Marvel (Shazam): 6
Doctor Doom: 7

By UMPIRE

9:4 - John Constantine vs. The Riddler

MATCH SCORE
John Constantine: 7
The Riddler: 4

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Lara Croft vs. Rayman

MATCH SCORE
Lara Croft: 0
Rayman: 12

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Putty Patrol vs. The Mutants

MATCH SCORE
Putty Patrol: 4
The Mutants: 9

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Gex vs. Spyro the Dragon

MATCH SCORE
Gex: 2
Spyro the Dragon: 9

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Robin (Tim Drake) vs. Daddy Bigbucks

MATCH SCORE
Robin (Tim Drake): 10
Daddy Bigbucks: 1

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Iago vs. Horatio Caine

MATCH SCORE
Iago: 4
Horatio Caine: 5

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Sora vs. Sonic the Hedgehog

MATCH SCORE
Sora: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog: 11

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Juggernaut vs. Lobo

MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 2
Lobo: 13

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Odin (Marvel) vs. Death Phantom

MATCH SCORE
Odin (Marvel): 9
Death Phantom: 2

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Alucard vs. Magik (Illyana Rasputin)

MATCH SCORE
Alucard: 4
Magik (Illyana Rasputin): 9

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) vs. Captain Atom

MATCH SCORE
Quasar (Wendell Vaughn): 4
Captain Atom: 9

8:7 - Gale Weathers vs. Sarah Connor


Recommended Posts

SEASON 8, ROUND 7

Gale Weathers

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Gale Weathers at this Wiki
Official Site: The Weinstein Company



Sarah Connor

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sarah Connor at this Wiki
Official Site: TriStar Pictures/Sony


Battle Terrain
Survival Challenge: Who survives the sinking of the Titanic

Link to post
Share on other sites

I favor Sarah Connor here. Her physicals are far stronger, she's used to dealing with big threats, and she's probably smarter, at least in a practical, emergency-situation sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

she's probably smarter, at least in a practical, emergency-situation sense

I don't know if I buy that, Gale has proven herself to be very savvy when it comes to situations where she'd have to survive, and while I grant you the fact that she's stronger and used to dealing with threats, I don't really see how that helps at all. Considering "women and children first" was a thing during this time period, I think both can make it out alive. But Gale is a character of mine and I need to make a case for her cause I'm way behind on points, so here goes.

Ahem.

Sarah Connor was active during the 80's, while Gale was active during the 90's and showed some savyness when it comes to movies (This is due to the fact that Scream is a meta series). From this, we can extrapolate that she knows about movies and has obviously seen the Titanic. From this, we know that if she were to be dropped in the middle of the movie, she'd tell people about the upcoming iceberg they are about to hit and possibly save the entire ship along with all of it's passengers. Yay for Gale!

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Sarah Connor was active during the 80's, while Gale was active during the 90's and showed some savyness when it comes to movies (This is due to the fact that Scream is a meta series). From this, we can extrapolate that she knows about movies and has obviously seen the Titanic. From this, we know that if she were to be dropped in the middle of the movie, she'd tell people about the upcoming iceberg they are about to hit and possibly save the entire ship along with all of it's passengers. Yay for Gale!

I'm going to push back on this idea massively. First, we don't know that Titanic even exists in the Scream universe. Second, and far more importantly, I think we're supposed to assume it's after the disaster has started. If they draw the one where the hurricane washes all the crocs into the houses, you can't just say "Oh, well Sarah Connor would have left before the hurricane hit." Even if I were to grant you that (which I don't), there's simply no way Gale is going to convince the captain that the crash was going to happen. The Titanic's sister ship the Olympia tried to warn the Titanic the night of the crash about the icebergs, and the Titanic just kept trucking along anyway, completely ignoring the message. Gale's knowledge of the events wouldn't be anywhere near enough to save the ship, and the captain would have no reason to listen to her.

More to the point, I agree that if both women made it to a lifeboat, they would both be safe. However, Sarah Connor would be better if, for example, they were trapped below and needed to break through an obstacle or climb to safety, or use an axe to cut Jack's hands free. Both would likely survive if they made it to the lifeboats, but Sarah Connor would be far better at fighting through the sinking ship if need be, thus making her more versatile for this challenge and why I'm voting for her

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm going to push back on this idea massively. First, we don't know that Titanic even exists in the Scream universe. Second, and far more importantly, I think we're supposed to assume it's after the disaster has started. If they draw the one where the hurricane washes all the crocs into the houses, you can't just say "Oh, well Sarah Connor would have left before the hurricane hit." Even if I were to grant you that (which I don't), there's simply no way Gale is going to convince the captain that the crash was going to happen. The Titanic's sister ship the Olympia tried to warn the Titanic the night of the crash about the icebergs, and the Titanic just kept trucking along anyway, completely ignoring the message. Gale's knowledge of the events wouldn't be anywhere near enough to save the ship, and the captain would have no reason to listen to her.

More to the point, I agree that if both women made it to a lifeboat, they would both be safe. However, Sarah Connor would be better if, for example, they were trapped below and needed to break through an obstacle or climb to safety, or use an axe to cut Jack's hands free. Both would likely survive if they made it to the lifeboats, but Sarah Connor would be far better at fighting through the sinking ship if need be, thus making her more versatile for this challenge and why I'm voting for her

Well said Peypey, also in the event that both women found themselves in the water, you know that Sarah will have a much better chance of surviving then Gale. The women is in much better physical health then Gale and she has a stronger willpower to live then Gale. So basically Sarah has the advantage regardless of whether they get to the boat or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the actual historical situation, both these ladies would be shown to the life boat and both would survive.

The only real question is which survives with style.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...