8:10 - Tallahassee (Zombie Land) vs. Michonne

MATCH SCORE
Tallahassee (Zombie Land): 5
Michonne: 6

8:10 - Saitama vs. Kazuya Mishima

MATCH SCORE
Saitama: 7
Kazuya Mishima: 6

8:10 - Cinder Fall vs. The Absorbing Man (David Banner)

MATCH SCORE
Cinder Fall: 9
The Absorbing Man (David Banner): 3

8:10 - Psylocke vs. Monkey D. Luffy

MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Monkey D. Luffy: 7

8:10 - Akuma (Tekken) vs. Esdeath

MATCH SCORE
Akuma: 7
Esdeath: 4

8:10 - Mystique vs. Spider-Man (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy)

MATCH SCORE
Mystique: 3
Spider-Man: 5

8:10 - Sarlacc vs. Shiki

MATCH SCORE
Sarlacc: 4
Shiki: 6

8:10 - Mach Five vs. The General Lee (The Dukes Of Hazzard)

MATCH SCORE
Mach Five: 7
The General Lee (The Dukes Of Hazzard): 3

Darli Dagger vs. Zarina

MATCH SCORE
Darli Dagger: 2
Zarina: 1

Supergirl vs. Superwoman

MATCH SCORE
Supergirl: 5
Superwoman: 1

8:9 - Ego (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Ichigo Kurosaki

MATCH SCORE
Ego the Living Planet: 3
Ichigo Kurosaki: 7

8:9 - Ecto-1 vs. Herbie

MATCH SCORE
Ecto-1: 3
Herbie: 7

8:9 - Cinder Fall vs. Psylocke

MATCH SCORE
Cinder Fall: 5
Psylocke: 6

Sign in to follow this  
SSJRuss

Anime Exhibition - Son Goku vs. Saitama

Ainz Ooal Gown: Welcome fans in the crowd! I am your announcer Ainz Ooal Gown. While we wait for the start of the Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi Semi-Final round to begin, let's entertain you with our Anime Exhibition!

There will be two bouts with a time limit of fifteen minutes each. Don't want them going on too long after all. This will give us a reprieve from the tournament itself while enjoying a great show.

The combatants won't be constrained by ring outs and are free to use the ring and ground floor as they wish. All they need to do is incapacitate their opponent.

Without further ado, here are your exhibitionists!

Son Goku (Frieza Saga before SSJ Transformation) VS Saitama (Current)

As is the problem with Dragon Ball, it all depends on how to scale it. Not including filler, Frieza is the first villain in the series to be an explicit planet buster than I can actively recall. That was what made the destruction of Namek so scary. Going by that logic, non Super Saiyan Goku's strongest attacks aren't going to be enough to hurt Saitama at all, and if Saitama takes the fight seriously, he can easily win it in one hit. However, if we scale the Dragonball characters in a certain way, it's really unclear when they would actually become planet-busters. Roshi blows up the moon with one shot very early on. King Piccolo is far stronger than Roshi. Young Piccolo is far more powerful than King Piccolo. Raditz is more powerful than Piccolo and Goku combined circa the beginning of Z. Nappa is far stronger than Raditz, Vegeta 1-shot Nappa, Goku beat Vegeta (with a lot of help), Namek-Saga Vegeta 1-shot people who used to be far stronger than him during the Saiyan saga, Goku was convincingly stronger than the Ginyu, who destroyed Namek-Saga Vegeta, Zenkai-Boosted Vegeta is strong enough to stand up to a stronger form of Frieza after base Frieza dismantled him, and finally, Non-SSJ Goku was far stronger than Vegeta was when he died. Considering the vast amount of 1-shots, massive power boosts, intense training, and new techniques introduced between Roshi destroying the moon and Frieza destroying Namek, you could really argue any one of those people are planet buster. To me, the most "logical" solution is that Dragon Ball's moon must be far smaller than our moon, because characters who are massive threats to Goku and Roshi early in Dragon Ball aren't even mountain busters, like Cyber Mercenary Tao. Ultimately the answer to the fight is that it depends on if you go by feats or scaling. By feats, Saitama cleans pretty easily. By Scaling, Goku outscales Saitama's peak pretty decisively.  

On 3/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

As is the problem with Dragon Ball, it all depends on how to scale it. Not including filler, Frieza is the first villain in the series to be an explicit planet buster than I can actively recall. That was what made the destruction of Namek so scary. Going by that logic, non Super Saiyan Goku's strongest attacks aren't going to be enough to hurt Saitama at all, and if Saitama takes the fight seriously, he can easily win it in one hit. However, if we scale the Dragonball characters in a certain way, it's really unclear when they would actually become planet-busters. Roshi blows up the moon with one shot very early on. King Piccolo is far stronger than Roshi. Young Piccolo is far more powerful than King Piccolo. Raditz is more powerful than Piccolo and Goku combined circa the beginning of Z. Nappa is far stronger than Raditz, Vegeta 1-shot Nappa, Goku beat Vegeta (with a lot of help), Namek-Saga Vegeta 1-shot people who used to be far stronger than him during the Saiyan saga, Goku was convincingly stronger than the Ginyu, who destroyed Namek-Saga Vegeta, Zenkai-Boosted Vegeta is strong enough to stand up to a stronger form of Frieza after base Frieza dismantled him, and finally, Non-SSJ Goku was far stronger than Vegeta was when he died. Considering the vast amount of 1-shots, massive power boosts, intense training, and new techniques introduced between Roshi destroying the moon and Frieza destroying Namek, you could really argue any one of those people are planet buster. To me, the most "logical" solution is that Dragon Ball's moon must be far smaller than our moon, because characters who are massive threats to Goku and Roshi early in Dragon Ball aren't even mountain busters, like Cyber Mercenary Tao. Ultimately the answer to the fight is that it depends on if you go by feats or scaling. By feats, Saitama cleans pretty easily. By Scaling, Goku outscales Saitama's peak pretty decisively.  

Yeah, Dragon Ball can be hard to pinpoint. And I think scaling doesn't really help most DB characters as it never makes sense. Like how Roshi suddenly becomes strong enough to fight in the Tournament of Power after basically no training lol.

For this fight I think I'll go with my gut and say Goku could win this but I haven't seen much of OPM. I know he's crazy strong and could hold his own to this version of Goku though, but it's mostly a guess.

Kinda feel like your severely handicapping Goku in this fight. At the very least it would have been more even if Goku could go Super Saiyan 1. As is I think Saitama takes this.

29 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Kinda feel like your severely handicapping Goku in this fight. At the very least it would have been more even if Goku could go Super Saiyan 1. As is I think Saitama takes this.

Well even at this stage he could hold his own against Frieza in his final form. And Frieza pretty easily destroyed a planet in his first form, which should be weaker. So unless Saitama has beaten foes stronger than that, I think it's even enough.

Keep in mind I have not seen much of OPM.