Jump to content
By UMPIRE

Ibuki vs. Mina Majikina

MATCH SCORE
Ibuki: 4
Mina Majikina: 2

By UMPIRE

Rogue vs. Demona

MATCH SCORE
Rogue: 5
Demona: 1

By UMPIRE

Basara vs. Necalli

MATCH SCORE
Basara: 0
Necalli: 2

By UMPIRE

John Nada (They Live) vs. Omar Little

MATCH SCORE
John Nada (They Live): 0
Omar Little: 2

By UMPIRE

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Kim Kaphwan

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 3
Kim Kaphwan: 0

By UMPIRE

Q-Rex vs. Dragonzord

MATCH SCORE
Q-Rex: 1
Dragonzord: 3

By UMPIRE

Leifang vs. Asuka Kazama

MATCH SCORE
Leifang: 2
Asuka Kazama: 3

By UMPIRE

Cad Bane vs. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

MATCH SCORE
Cad Bane: 3
Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch): 1

By UMPIRE

Blue Mary vs. Cassandra Alexander

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 0
Cassandra Alexander: 5

By UMPIRE

Tracer (Overwatch) vs. Chell (Portal)

MATCH SCORE
Tracer (Overwatch): 5
Chell (Portal): 1

By UMPIRE

Sailor Scouts vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Sailor Scouts: 6
Cybermen (Mondasian): 0

By UMPIRE

Kilik vs. Ash Crimson

MATCH SCORE
Kilik: 1
Ash Crimson: 2

By UMPIRE

Tasha Yar vs. Al Capone

MATCH SCORE
Tasha Yar: 5
Al Capone: 1

By UMPIRE

Kasumi vs. Kazumi Mishima

MATCH SCORE
Kasumi: 5
Kazumi Mishima: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Jhun Hoon

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 7
Jhun Hoon: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Ozymandias (Watchmen) vs. Lisbeth Salander

MATCH SCORE
Ozymandias (Watchmen): 8
Lisbeth Salander: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Zombies (World War Z) vs. Ewoks

MATCH SCORE
Zombies (World War Z): 7
Ewoks: 4

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Sherlock Holmes vs. The Joker

MATCH SCORE
Sherlock Holmes: 8
The Joker: 3

By UMPIRE

9:10 - The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns) vs. Jawas

MATCH SCORE
The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns): 7
Jawas: 4

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Yoshi vs. Diddy Kong

MATCH SCORE
Yoshi: 6
Diddy Kong: 2

8:5 - Black Panther vs. Deathstroke


Recommended Posts

SEASON 8, ROUND 5

Black Panther

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Black Panther at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel



Deathstroke

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Deathstroke at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics


Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Detroit Ruins

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, this one feels like a very classic "who would win" matchup. My initial thoughts are that Deathstroke might have an edge in skill, but Black Panther's claws are going to be a real problem, as they'll eliminate both his weapons and his defenses pretty much on contact. With no prep Slade might be in trouble but I'll have to think of that more

Link to post
Share on other sites

If DeathStroke had prep, I think he's take it rather easily. Without prep, I don't think he has anything the Black Panther doesn't counter and then some. 

Pretty sure Panther takes this rather handily. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i like this fight  win or lose   but i will say i think if they had prep panther would have a better chance  panther is just as much of an actual  prep master as slade if not better 

but where slade takes this is in skill and on resourcefulness his brain opperates  faster making him better in the on hand tactics  slade has better range weapons  he will go up close and will be a little taken back by the vibrainium destroying his swords and armor  but he isn't defenseless there he will shake panther  once he realizes he  needs too and use his surroundings to his advantage  panther's armor  can be overwhelmed  perhaps if slade  drops a building on him  it will make  a hole to get through .this fight could go either way but slade's  range plus the surrounding's work for him here .

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a regular, no prior encounter, no prep or anything battle, Black Panther simply has the better equipment. This doesn't even come to skill or sheer power or anything as much as it comes to vibranium being a busted concept.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This match-up is almost as tough as Batman vs. Captain America.

T'Challa may actually be a more skilled fighter than Slade (while Deathstroke is "only" stated to know five or six martial arts, Black Panther is apparently proficient in most forms of combat), but Slade is stronger, quicker, has better reflexes and, as mentioned, quicker brain functions. BP may have his vibranium suit and claws, but people forget that his suit can still be cut along the grain.

Between all this and T'Challa being a bit prone to having his heightened senses (sight, smell, etc.) overwhelmed, I'm actually inclined to give this to DS. DS could actually think quickly enough to figure out and exploit the weaknesses in BP's suit and senses and get the win in a close fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are really underselling how good of strategic thinker Panther is. He consistently is able to out plan people like Doom or The Avengers, and is presented in Christopher Priest’s run as basically Batman in his ability to always have a plan to trump everyone. He outmanuevers and defeats Mephisto and the entire Fantastic Four. 

I think tech and skill should also go to Panther here, so I would argue this should be a solid win for T’Challa. He’s basically Batman with better tech-resources. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

People are really underselling how good of strategic thinker Panther is. He consistently is able to out plan people like Doom or The Avengers, and is presented in Christopher Priest’s run as basically Batman in his ability to always have a plan to trump everyone. He outmanuevers and defeats Mephisto and the entire Fantastic Four. 

I think tech and skill should also go to Panther here, so I would argue this should be a solid win for T’Challa. He’s basically Batman with better tech-resources. 

 

Definitely one of the closest match-ups for a while. And whilst BP is one of the smartest thinkers, this is literally Deathstroke's strength. He has outsmarted most of his opponents at one time or another - including Batman, and he combines this with some savage fighting skills that have kept up with Wonder Woman. I'm swaying towards him, but at the same time Black Panther is never one to be underestimated. 

 

image.thumb.png.8af98f24d862269d11b6f0c4844e7a44.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

People are really underselling how good of strategic thinker Panther is.

I'm not underselling T'Challa at all. I'm well aware of what he can do and what he's been able to pull off. It's just that Slade, having defeated the likes of the Justice League and Teen Titans, is at least in the same ballpark as far as strategy is concerned, and his brain operates a good deal faster than most (including likely T'Challa).  

Head-to-head, Slade has a good chance of outthinking and outmaneuvering BP, but it definitely won't be easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

I'm not underselling T'Challa at all. I'm well aware of what he can do and what he's been able to pull off. It's just that Slade, having defeated the likes of the Justice League and Teen Titans, is at least in the same ballpark as far as strategy is concerned, and his brain operates a good deal faster than most (including likely T'Challa).  

Head-to-head, Slade has a good chance of outthinking and outmaneuvering BP, but it definitely won't be easy.

To my knowledge, Slade has beaten the Justice League only in Identity Crisis, which isn’t really the full justice league and is a  fight that involves most members forgetting they can use powers. It’s also worth noting Slade loses that fight in the end. I’m not sure on the number of times Slade has actually taken out all the Titans on his own, but more often than not he and Nightwing are a match against each other.

 

I think faster brain function goes to Slade, but T’Challa is always able to come up with answers in any situation. I disagree that Slade has an advantage in tactics when Black Panther is able to outmaneuver Mephisto and Doom. A couple of scans that I think are relevant:

 

T’Challa can beat Iron Man in a 1v1 with no prep: https://m.imgur.com/a/abF4M6s

 

Seems like he mostly smacks around Deadpool in their fights: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Panther_vs._Deadpool_Vol_1_1

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Definitely one of the closest match-ups for a while. And whilst BP is one of the smartest thinkers, this is literally Deathstroke's strength. He has outsmarted most of his opponents at one time or another - including Batman, and he combines this with some savage fighting skills that have kept up with Wonder Woman. I'm swaying towards him, but at the same time Black Panther is never one to be underestimated. 

That comic scan is impressive, but it's also a little misleading out of context. Seen here, Batman and Slade had already been fighting for several pages, and Slade just got the upper hand on the linked page. Not saying he didn't win, but it's not as much of a stomp as it looks like with just this one page. Moreover, while he does have wins on Batman, this time I would say Batman came out on top pretty decisively. Granted, the scenario helped  Batman by pulling Slade's attention away a bit, but if he was truly so superior to Batman, he could have just knocked him out or tied him up, or done anything to make sure he was actually out of the fight. So while he does have wins over Batman, they are neither easy nor guaranteed. 

He also doesn't have a great record with Nightwing. Here's a rundown of some of their fights:

Somewhat indecisive, but Nightwing was definitely on top

Nightwing doesn't get a KO here, but he absolutely clowns on Slade and turns his daughter against him

This fight is also indecisive, although it is shorter and more even. Slade decides he would rather dip and give Grayson (Batman at that time) an ultimatum rather than keep fighting, so I think it's a win for Nightwing.

The point is that Black Panther-level people regularly give Slade the business, and although it's rare for him to actually get KO'd by them, it's not at all rare for him to retreat or get defeated, constituting a loss.

10 hours ago, DSkillz said:

This match-up is almost as tough as Batman vs. Captain America.

T'Challa may actually be a more skilled fighter than Slade (while Deathstroke is "only" stated to know five or six martial arts, Black Panther is apparently proficient in most forms of combat), but Slade is stronger, quicker, has better reflexes and, as mentioned, quicker brain functions. BP may have his vibranium suit and claws, but people forget that his suit can still be cut along the grain.

Between all this and T'Challa being a bit prone to having his heightened senses (sight, smell, etc.) overwhelmed, I'm actually inclined to give this to DS. DS could actually think quickly enough to figure out and exploit the weaknesses in BP's suit and senses and get the win in a close fight.

I'm not so sure Slade is substantially quicker, stronger, etc. than Deathstroke  Black Panther. We can safely disregard Deathstroke's massive outliers, such as him hitting the Flash and fighting the entire Justice League at once, because those are simply ridiculously out of his actual range of power and quite frankly would put him no less than tier 6 on the Vs Battle Wiki page if we were to interpret them literally. Other than those very rare and very inconsistent moments, Deathstroke and Black Panther are in the same ballpark in every category you listed. Both in the Vs Battle Wiki and in everything I could see in their respect threads, neither had a significant advantage in terms of strength, speed, or reflexes. You could make arguments that Deathstroke is a little bit stronger given this feat, but other than that their physicals should be roughly equal. What is not equal is their equipment. BP's armor is much harder to get around than Deathstroke's, especially considering Panther's anti-metal claws making short work of both the suit and Slade's weapons. There are ways through it of course, but it presents a much bigger challenge than Deathstroke's armor, and is the deciding factor in this fight

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not so sure Slade is substantially quicker, stronger, etc. than Deathstroke.

In my not so professional opinion, I am pretty confident Slade is quicker and stronger than himself.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That comic scan is impressive, but it's also a little misleading out of context. Seen here, Batman and Slade had already been fighting for several pages, and Slade just got the upper hand on the linked page. Not saying he didn't win, but it's not as much of a stomp as it looks like with just this one page. Moreover, while he does have wins on Batman, this time I would say Batman came out on top pretty decisively. Granted, the scenario helped  Batman by pulling Slade's attention away a bit, but if he was truly so superior to Batman, he could have just knocked him out or tied him up, or done anything to make sure he was actually out of the fight. So while he does have wins over Batman, they are neither easy nor guaranteed. 

He also doesn't have a great record with Nightwing. Here's a rundown of some of their fights:

Somewhat indecisive, but Nightwing was definitely on top

Nightwing doesn't get a KO here, but he absolutely clowns on Slade and turns his daughter against him

This fight is also indecisive, although it is shorter and more even. Slade decides he would rather dip and give Grayson (Batman at that time) an ultimatum rather than keep fighting, so I think it's a win for Nightwing.

The point is that Black Panther-level people regularly give Slade the business, and although it's rare for him to actually get KO'd by them, it's not at all rare for him to retreat or get defeated, constituting a loss.

 

A good analysis, and agreed - this is by no means an easy win for either fighter. 

And I suppose another argument is that Black Panther's backup and resources are considerably more than anything Slade has recourse to. I mean he has a freaking teleporation device if he needs it

teleportation%252C%2Bna%2B1.JPG

 

I am still leaning towards Slade as the more skilled of the two, but overall if these two did go up against each other I think BP might just sway it more times. 

I do wonder if the environment plays a part here. Slade is a sneaky fighter, and this seems to favour that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I disagree that Slade has an advantage in tactics when Black Panther is able to outmaneuver Mephisto and Doom.

Again, I'm not saying Slade is a better strategist than T'Challa; I'm saying he's at least on par with BP in that regard and with faster mental functions to boot. And when I said "outmaneuver", I meant physically, since DS is quicker and stronger than BP. Therefore, Deathstroke should likely have a slight edge over T'Challa as far as on-the-fly battle is concerned.

31 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

T’Challa can beat Iron Man in a 1v1 with no prep: https://m.imgur.com/a/abF4M6s

Looks like BP had some prep for Tony in that fight to me.

25 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not so sure Slade is substantially quicker, stronger, etc. than Deathstroke  Black Panther. We can safely disregard Deathstroke's massive outliers, such as him hitting the Flash and fighting the entire Justice League at once, because those are simply ridiculously out of his actual range of power and quite frankly would put him no less than tier 6 on the Vs Battle Wiki page if we were to interpret them literally. Other than those very rare and very inconsistent moments, Deathstroke and Black Panther are in the same ballpark in every category you listed. Both in the Vs Battle Wiki and in everything I could see in their respect threads, neither had a significant advantage in terms of strength, speed, or reflexes. You could make arguments that Deathstroke is a little bit stronger given this feat, but other than that their physicals should be roughly equal. What is not equal is their equipment. BP's armor is much harder to get around than Deathstroke's, especially considering Panther's anti-metal claws making short work of both the suit and Slade's weapons. There are ways through it of course, but it presents a much bigger challenge than Deathstroke's armor, and is the deciding factor in this fight

Eh, I wouldn't call that glass-breaking feat as much a feat of strength as one of precision. As for stabbing Flash, IIRC, it had more to do with DS judging where Flash would run to and placing his sword accordingly. 

Since Slade's not my guy, I'm going to be actively comparing feats, but even assuming their physicals are roughly equal (and that's kind of a stretch), Slade still has his higher brain functions, which allows him to come up with strategies faster and gives him instantaneous reflexes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...