Jump to content
By UMPIRE

12:6 - Spot (Dr. J. Ohnn) vs. Polka-Dot Man

MATCH SCORE
Spot (Dr. J. Ohnn): 7
Polka-Dot Man: 2

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Queen La vs. Jafar

MATCH SCORE
Queen La: 6
Jafar: 7

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Overlook Hotel vs. Lt. Ellen Ripley

MATCH SCORE
The Overlook Hotel: 9
Lt. Ellen Ripley: 6

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Jonah Hex vs. Red Sonja

MATCH SCORE
Jonah Hex: 6
Red Sonja: 5

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Battle-Beast vs. Doctor Doom

MATCH SCORE
Battle-Beast: 1
Doctor Doom: 11

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Alice (Resident Evil) vs. Geonosis

MATCH SCORE
Alice (Resident Evil): 8
Geonosis: 4

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Mirage vs. Gaston

MATCH SCORE
Mirage: 8
Gaston : 6

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Captain Marvel / Shazam vs. Thanos

MATCH SCORE
Captain Marvel / Shazam: 11
Thanos: 3

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Martians (Mars Attacks) vs. Necrons

MATCH SCORE
Martians (Mars Attacks): 3
Necrons: 8

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Plastic Man vs. Doomsday

MATCH SCORE
Plastic Man: 2
Doomsday: 11

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Rat Catcher vs. Clock King

MATCH SCORE
Rat Catcher: 6
Clock King: 7

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Kangaroo vs. Calender Man

MATCH SCORE
The Kangaroo: 1
Calender Man: 8

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Segata Sanshiro vs. Count Chocula

MATCH SCORE
Segata Sanshiro: 5
Count Chocula: 4

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Martian Manhunter vs. Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)

MATCH SCORE
Martian Manhunter: 7
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell): 5

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Gregory House vs. John Connor

MATCH SCORE
The Gregory House: 4
John Connor: 6

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Matrix vs. Alexa "Lex" Woods

MATCH SCORE
The Matrix: 4
Alexa "Lex" Woods: 10

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Skull Island vs. Alan Grant

MATCH SCORE
Skull Island: 3
Alan Grant: 12

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Frieza Force vs. Phalanx

MATCH SCORE
The Frieza Force: 4
Phalanx: 7

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Flood vs. Tyranids

MATCH SCORE
The Flood: 2
Tyranids: 8

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Gotham City Police Department vs. Cowboys

MATCH SCORE
Gotham City Police Department: 6
Cowboys: 4

8:1 - Luke Skywalker (Disney Canon) vs. Psylocke


Recommended Posts

SEASON 8, ROUND 1

Luke Skywalker (Disney Canon)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Luke Skywalker (Disney Canon) at this Wiki
Official Site: Lucas Films



Psylocke

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Psylocke at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment


Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Bar Fight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This would be a good fight! I think Luke tapping into the force would win though. 

Also do we REALLY need to specify this is Disney Canon Luke? Seems a bit redundant, this is the same Luke we've used for the longest time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Also do we REALLY need to specify this is Disney Canon Luke? Seems a bit redundant, this is the same Luke we've used for the longest time. 

I mean, Legends Luke is substantially stronger, so it makes sense to specify just so everyone is on the same page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I mean, Legends Luke is substantially stronger, so it makes sense to specify just so everyone is on the same page

So now we'll have to upload a second Luke Skywalker? I mean if there's a setup I'm pretty sure you can just say "This is Legends Luke Skywalker" Dunno, just seems like it'll be bloating the database with unnecessary characters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Think Luke is the better sword fighter

Bruh.

Psylocke is a top-tier ninja that regularly forms psychic swords and daggers to fight with. Their respectively skills in sword fighting is probably a good deal closer than you're suggesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Bruh.

Psylocke is a top-tier ninja that regularly forms psychic swords and daggers to fight with. Their respectively skills in sword fighting is probably a good deal closer than you're suggesting.

To be fair don't know much about Psylocke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Disney Luke just means the movies, correct? If that’s the case, then the best we probably see out of him is the brief (spoilers) Mandolorian bit. Does Psylocke have a good way to deal with the Force? What are her high-end abilities?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess depending on which version of Luke this is. I see Disney Canon so I will assume that means that movies/show/current comic series run. 

I would say A New Hope Luke and Sequel Trilogy Luke would not win this. In New Hope, he simply did not have the skills or training that he developed later on and was not as intuned with the Force. Sequel Luke was a green milk drinking depressed guy who completely shut himself off from the Force. I feel Psylocke would easily be able to take down both those versions.

Now Pre Empire Strikes back, Luke was still not as intuned with the force as he later became, but he did fight with the rebellion for however long the time gap was. I may even give the edge to Psylocke on that one as he would still not have as much skill with his lightsaber and his force abilities would be minimal. He would put up a better fight though as he probably picked up some skills while fighting with the rebels.

Empire Strikes Back to before the destruction of his Jedi temple, id go with Luke. His skills developed more in combat and grew in the force. While Empire Strikes Back would have trouble in my opinion as he was still trying to grasp knowledge of the Force, I feel like he would be able to win in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

So now we'll have to upload a second Luke Skywalker? I mean if there's a setup I'm pretty sure you can just say "This is Legends Luke Skywalker" Dunno, just seems like it'll be bloating the database with unnecessary characters

I have been of the same viewpoint for a long time.  However, it's become clear to me that there are specific different versions of the characters that come in different weight classes.

A person creating a regular match can call out all the versions in the Set-Up.  All well and good.

In Fantasy Draft, though, we are comparing very specific things and we need to know what they are.  I mean, there are at least 20 distinct flavors of the Superman character, and all of them could be discussed on their own terms.

The Feats available to Luke Skywalker in the Movies and those available to the character in the novels and comics of the Extended Universe are very different.  Luke is way more powerful when viewed in EU terms.

Anyways, I stopped thinking of it in terms of bloat and started thinking of it in terms of user options.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, Psylocke is close to Luke in sword fighting, they've both come up against one of the best fighters in their respective universes, but Luke simply has too big of an advantage with his Force. Imagine everytime things get down and dirty in a sword fight, you're flung 200 feet backwards. That would tire you out, no matter who you are. Not to mention the fact that Luke is a lot more creative with the force in practice than I am in this post. He could throw things at her and tap deeper into the force for various force-related powers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Yeah, Psylocke is close to Luke in sword fighting, they've both come up against one of the best fighters in their respective universes, but Luke simply has too big of an advantage with his Force. Imagine everytime things get down and dirty in a sword fight, you're flung 200 feet backwards. That would tire you out, no matter who you are. Not to mention the fact that Luke is a lot more creative with the force in practice than I am in this post. He could throw things at her and tap deeper into the force for various force-related powers.

 

3 hours ago, Boratz said:

I guess depending on which version of Luke this is. I see Disney Canon so I will assume that means that movies/show/current comic series run. 

I would say A New Hope Luke and Sequel Trilogy Luke would not win this. In New Hope, he simply did not have the skills or training that he developed later on and was not as intuned with the Force. Sequel Luke was a green milk drinking depressed guy who completely shut himself off from the Force. I feel Psylocke would easily be able to take down both those versions.

Now Pre Empire Strikes back, Luke was still not as intuned with the force as he later became, but he did fight with the rebellion for however long the time gap was. I may even give the edge to Psylocke on that one as he would still not have as much skill with his lightsaber and his force abilities would be minimal. He would put up a better fight though as he probably picked up some skills while fighting with the rebels.

Empire Strikes Back to before the destruction of his Jedi temple, id go with Luke. His skills developed more in combat and grew in the force. While Empire Strikes Back would have trouble in my opinion as he was still trying to grasp knowledge of the Force, I feel like he would be able to win in the end.

What force related powers are we referring to here? Just the ones shown in the movies that he can do. Unless I'm mistaken, that means a little telepathic manipulation and some telekinesis. Both of which Psylocke has a long history of dealing with, including but not limited to dodging flying objects in the danger room. Unless Luke is on some Jean Grey level which I don't believe the movies show, I don't think those abilities give him the win. 

And if we are basing his sword fighting capabilities on what was shown in the movies, Psylocke would destory him in close quarters.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a really interesting match-up that feels pretty close to me.  I think the scene from The Mandalorian is probably the best sustained footage of prime Luke in action that we have.

I like both these characters and would think either could win 5 times out of 10.  I'll come down on Luke's side since he's on my team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...