Q-Rex: 1
Dragonzord: 3

By UMPIRE

Leifang vs. Asuka Kazama

MATCH SCORE
Leifang: 2
Asuka Kazama: 3

By UMPIRE

Cad Bane vs. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

MATCH SCORE
Cad Bane: 3
Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch): 1

By UMPIRE

Blue Mary vs. Cassandra Alexander

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 0
Cassandra Alexander: 5

By UMPIRE

Tracer (Overwatch) vs. Chell (Portal)

MATCH SCORE
Tracer (Overwatch): 5
Chell (Portal): 1

By UMPIRE

Sailor Scouts vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Sailor Scouts: 6
Cybermen (Mondasian): 0

By UMPIRE

Kilik vs. Ash Crimson

MATCH SCORE
Kilik: 1
Ash Crimson: 2

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 8

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see.  Yes I had to dump and restart the matches once because of a problem.  Good catch, thanks!   UPDATE: Issue should be resolved now.

Great Season 8 everyone, hope you had fun with it. Season 9 will be kind of delayed because I need to make some implementation changes to the system. Could be 2 or 3 weeks. Thanks!

I absolutely do get that.  It is a very esoteric and nerdy system.  It is unique, though.  I am unaware of any other resource that attempts to put a power rating on every fictional character out

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

If that's the case, and we're going to have multiple versions of a character, we might need a slot in the team menu to note which version of a character we're using

Yeah,  some of my characters (correctly) were denied because people would default to analyzing the most powerful version of the character. We should just make sure we know which version we’re analyzing.

Edited by Magnamax
Clarifying verbiage
1 hour ago, Venom 2009 said:

From what I can tell, there are seven versions of Spider-Man in Tier 9, and the Super Girl for Tier 6 is the one from the tv show, Smallville.

That's exactly correct. Also, Gamora is the MCU movie version.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

If that's the case, and we're going to have multiple versions of a character, we might need a slot in the team menu to note which version of a character we're using

Yes, I need to work on that for next time.  The photo of the character will need to do, probably, for now.

47 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I think broadwaybeyonder's team has characters in the wrong slot. It looks like Master Chief and Spider-Man are reversed.

There are seven versions of Spider-Man in Tier 9, and according to VS Battles, Master Chief is a Tier 8.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Chief

7 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I think broadwaybeyonder's team has characters in the wrong slot. It looks like Master Chief and Spider-Man are reversed.

6 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

There are seven versions of Spider-Man in Tier 9, and according to VS Battles, Master Chief is a Tier 8.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Chief

Yeah, I think it's all good.  The Rami Trilogy Spider-Man, specifically, is Tier 9. 

Spider Man Love GIF

On 2/27/2021 at 11:19 PM, Movie-Brat said:

See, this is why I always advocated creating pages for different versions of different characters. 

Yeah, I'm getting onboard with that concept.  A way to use different versions, anyway.  Just trying to determine how to design that.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Some of us may be dragging our feet...

Meh. :P I've had an unusually busy week. But yeah, the team is, as usual, (slowly) coming along. 

BTW, I'm very surprised I haven't seen Wolverine or anyone directly affiliated with him picked for Slot 8 yet.

Also, can we put a character from a lower tier that we think will perform well on our team?

Asking because I think the vsbattles wiki has a glaring hole in its rating system.

@Fox: I have a question regarding this:  

On 2/17/2021 at 5:08 PM, Fox said:

SLOT 1: The Team's Survivor

A human character from a live-action Horror or Sci-Fi movie that survived. (Or maybe didn't survive but was still cool).
No super powers.

Does the movie(s) from which the character comes from have to be strictly horror and/or sci-fi-themed, or can it just have elements of sci-fi and/or horror?

2 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

How long will the draft option be open in our control panel? Some of us may be dragging our feet...

Typically I would look at starting matches this weekend.  But, I mean, it can stay open as long as needs be.  Another week?

How long do you want it to be open?

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

@Fox: I have a question regarding this:  

Does the movie(s) from which the character comes from have to be strictly horror and/or sci-fi-themed, or can it just have elements of sci-fi and/or horror?

It kind of depends - we are looking for a character that really went through some shit and survived it.  Typically you find that in the Horror and Sci-Fi genre.

If I had to name a character that fit but was not hard associated with those genres then I might pick someone like Leonardo Dicaprio's 'The Revenant'.

revenant.jpg

I might as well ask, but would cars that can fly be allow? Because I noticed someone has Lightning Cruiser on their team.

7 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

I might as well ask, but would cars that can fly be allow? Because I noticed someone has Lightning Cruiser on their team.

I have been denying flying cars.  I guess I missed that one.  Please link me the team page.

10 minutes ago, Fox said:

I have been denying flying cars.  I guess I missed that one.  Please link me the team page.

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/showfantasyteam?ftid=212

2 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Also, can we put a character from a lower tier that we think will perform well on our team?

Asking because I think the vsbattles wiki has a glaring hole in its rating system.

Sure, if it is under-tier then that is your call.  I'll pass it.

19 hours ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

I will yield to the judges.  The whole tier system is confusing to me.  

I absolutely do get that.  It is a very esoteric and nerdy system. 

It is unique, though.  I am unaware of any other resource that attempts to put a power rating on every fictional character out there. 

The point of this trial is just to figure out if their power rating data has value for our purposes. 

If it looks like the data could be useful, then I will import it into the CBUB database in a way that makes it more user friendly for match creation purposes (with all credit to the Wiki, of course).

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

You know, the Delorean never flew in the first and third films (ending of the former aside), can't I use it based on That?

I would think that it's ability to time travel when it hits 88 MPH would be possibly more concerning.

The Magic Schoolbus has flight and time travel and was also denied.

16 minutes ago, Fox said:

I would think that it's ability to time travel when it hits 88 MPH would be possibly more concerning.

The Magic Schoolbus has flight and time travel and was also denied.

Then what other cars are there? Because I can't find them. 

15 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Then what other cars are there? Because I can't find them. 

1 minute ago, Venom 2009 said:

Pretty much the entire cast of cars in the Pixar franchise

disney pixar cars GIF by Disney