Jump to content

Master Raven vs. Groh

MATCH SCORE
Master Raven: 2
Groh: 1

Ransik vs. Mirai Sentai Timeranger

MATCH SCORE
Ransik: 1
Mirai Sentai Timeranger: 2

Tournament - Steve Trevor vs. Peggy Carter

MATCH SCORE
Steve Trevor: 2
Peggy Carter: 4

Christie vs. Ivy

MATCH SCORE
Christie: 1
Ivy: 5

Cammy White vs. Leona Heidern

MATCH SCORE
Cammy White: 1
Leona Heidern: 2

Kula Diamond vs. Cassandra Alexander

MATCH SCORE
Kula Diamond: 2
Cassandra Alexander: 4

Tournament - Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn) vs. Cerberus (Mass Effect)

MATCH SCORE
Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn): 8
Cerberus (Mass Effect): 0

Blue Mary vs. Mila (DOA)

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 3
Mila (DOA): 1

Tournament - Severus Snape vs. Wicked Witch of the West

MATCH SCORE
Severus Snape: 3
Wicked Witch of the West: 1

7:10 - Megamind vs. David Xanatos

MATCH SCORE
Megamind: 8
David Xanatos: 2

7:10 - Destoroyah vs. Megas XLR

MATCH SCORE
Destoroyah: 8
Megas XLR: 6

7:10 - Isis (Catwoman's Pet) vs. Zwei (RWBY)

MATCH SCORE
Isis (Catwoman's Pet): 10
Zwei (RWBY): 5

7:10 - Damian Wayne vs. Molly Hayes

MATCH SCORE
Damian Wayne: 7
Molly Hayes: 3

7:10 - Hex Girls vs. Laurel & Hardy

MATCH SCORE
Hex Girls: 7
Laurel & Hardy: 3

7:10 - Puffy AmiYumi (Animated) vs. Scott Pilgrim

MATCH SCORE
Puffy AmiYumi (Animated): 7
Scott Pilgrim: 4

7:10 - Mecha Streisand vs. Gipsy Danger

MATCH SCORE
Mecha Streisand: 2
Gipsy Danger: 7

7:10 - Biollante vs. Hedorah

MATCH SCORE
Biollante: 5
Hedorah: 6

7:10 - Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne) vs. Doctor Doom

MATCH SCORE
Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne): 7
Doctor Doom: 5

7:10 - Queen Barb vs. Pinkie Pie

MATCH SCORE
Queen Barb: 3
Pinkie Pie: 7

7:10 - The Invisible Woman vs. The Silver Surfer

MATCH SCORE
The Invisible Woman: 7
The Silver Surfer: 9

7:10 - Muttley vs. Storm (Aquaman's Seahorse)

MATCH SCORE
Muttley: 5
Storm (Aquaman's Seahorse): 6

7:10 - Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures) vs. Hermione Granger

MATCH SCORE
Jade (Jackie Chan Adventures): 3
Hermione Granger: 11

7:10 - Arcade vs. Mister Fantastic

MATCH SCORE
Arcade: 0
Mister Fantastic: 13

7:10 - Andrew Ender Wiggin vs. Arya Stark

MATCH SCORE
Andrew Ender Wiggin: 8
Arya Stark: 4

7:10 - Powerline vs. Penn and Teller

MATCH SCORE
Powerline: 5
Penn and Teller: 6

Sign in to follow this  
UMPIRE

7:1 - Imhotep vs. Azazel (Fallen)

Recommended Posts

SEASON 7, ROUND 1

Imhotep

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Imhotep at Wikipedia
Official Site: Universal Studios



Azazel (Fallen)

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Azazel (Fallen) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Paramount Pictures


Battle Terrain
Target: Van Helsing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imhotep is from the Stephen Sommers films, so I find it funny he's going after Van Helsing, also from the same director.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Imhotep is much more powerful than Azazel. To be perfectly honest, I don't much about Az outside of his Wiki page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may give this one to Azazel

While Imhotep certainly has more power, if Van can find a way to make him mortal then he would be able to take him out. Azazel from the movie on the other hand did not get defeated and was able to attach himself to another host. While he may not have had the power level, he wasn't defeated in the end and could just go on and on. Which in the end, i think with that Azazel would possess someone Van did not suspect and would stealthily kill Van

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boratz said:

I may give this one to Azazel

While Imhotep certainly has more power, if Van can find a way to make him mortal then he would be able to take him out. Azazel from the movie on the other hand did not get defeated and was able to attach himself to another host. While he may not have had the power level, he wasn't defeated in the end and could just go on and on. Which in the end, i think with that Azazel would possess someone Van did not suspect and would stealthily kill Van

I think it's more likely that Imhotep would be able to take out Van than Van being able to go through a entirely unlikely process of making him mortal. Imhotep has enough of a power advantage that he should be able to win, vs Azazel winning by a war of attrition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Richard O'Connell could defeat Imhotep, I don't see why Van Helsing couldn't. He is no less brave and resourceful. It's not like having a gun made the difference.

Azazel is a different story. Whenever Van Helsing tracks down whatever poor bloke Azazel happens to be possessing and kills him, Azazel will just possess the next closest thing if not Van Helsing himself. Then he will tack some grisly murders on Van Helsing and move on to someone else when his fun is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

If Richard O'Connell could defeat Imhotep, I don't see why Van Helsing couldn't. He is no less brave and resourceful. It's not like having a gun made the difference.

Azazel is a different story. Whenever Van Helsing tracks down whatever poor bloke Azazel happens to be possessing and kills him, Azazel will just possess the next closest thing if not Van Helsing himself. Then he will tack some grisly murders on Van Helsing and move on to someone else when his fun is done.

I don’t follow this. Rick defeated Imhotep through a very specific set of events and people helping him. That will not be the case with Helsing, who’s more equipped to deal with vampires and werewolves. I think Imhotep  is better equipped to fight and kill Helsing straight up. This should be in his favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

If Richard O'Connell could defeat Imhotep, I don't see why Van Helsing couldn't. He is no less brave and resourceful. It's not like having a gun made the difference.

Azazel is a different story. Whenever Van Helsing tracks down whatever poor bloke Azazel happens to be possessing and kills him, Azazel will just possess the next closest thing if not Van Helsing himself. Then he will tack some grisly murders on Van Helsing and move on to someone else when his fun is done.

Got to agree with this here

If I remember correctly (its been a minute since I've seen Van Helsin), he served a secret order of the Vatican. Hunted down monsters of all kinds; were saw him take on Mr Hyde in the beginning. He was certainly knowledgeable and adaptable. I think he could certainly find a way to defeat Imhotep. 

While power level is not being disputed, i believe in this particular instance; Azazel would keep coming back or possessing someone else until Helsing would be defeated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magnamax said:

I don’t follow this. Rick defeated Imhotep through a very specific set of events and people helping him. That will not be the case with Helsing, who’s more equipped to deal with vampires and werewolves. I think Imhotep  is better equipped to fight and kill Helsing straight up. This should be in his favor.

Even if he has morre experience killing other monsters, he is still for all intents and purposes a monster hunter. Rick wasn't "equipped" to kill mummies, but he succeeded. Yes. it inolves a specific set of circumstances but I don't see why those circumstances wouldn't be available to Van Helsing.  He could learn about and search for the Book of Amun-Ra. He could survive until then.  Maybe surround himself with some cats lol

I guess it would all come down to if Van Helsing could survive the initial encounter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about this match-up for days, and I'm still torn.

If neither entity fools around, they both could kill Van Helsing quickly. Imhotep could crush/etc. Van with one of his more powerful elemental attacks, but Azrael could also make Van kill himself with one of his own weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Even if he has morre experience killing other monsters, he is still for all intents and purposes a monster hunter. Rick wasn't "equipped" to kill mummies, but he succeeded. Yes. it inolves a specific set of circumstances but I don't see why those circumstances wouldn't be available to Van Helsing.  He could learn about and search for the Book of Amun-Ra. He could survive until then.  Maybe surround himself with some cats lol

I guess it would all come down to if Van Helsing could survive the initial encounter.

I don't think he would, it's worth noting that Imhotep was never specifically trying to kill Rick until the end of the movie. And I don't think that Van Helsing would have an Egyptologist and a group of zealots devoted to defeating Imhotep on his side. I think Imhotep just has more direct and faster win conditions than Azazel, they both may be able to win. I still think Imhotep can win faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I don't think he would, it's worth noting that Imhotep was never specifically trying to kill Rick until the end of the movie. And I don't think that Van Helsing would have an Egyptologist and a group of zealots devoted to defeating Imhotep on his side. I think Imhotep just has more direct and faster win conditions than Azazel, they both may be able to win. I still think Imhotep can win faster.

If I remember the film correctly, Azazel was able to possess people fairly easily. Couldn't he just possess Van Helsing and then off himself in a matter of moments?

Where Van Helsing might be able to put up some fight against the Mummy. With the secret sect of Vatican workers, one of them may have some knowledge on Imhotep and the Book of the Dead.

But then again, I would hope the Vatican would have knowledge on defeating or excorcising a demon, even though it was not seen in the movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Boratz said:

If I remember the film correctly, Azazel was able to possess people fairly easily. Couldn't he just possess Van Helsing and then off himself in a matter of moments?

Where Van Helsing might be able to put up some fight against the Mummy. With the secret sect of Vatican workers, one of them may have some knowledge on Imhotep and the Book of the Dead.

But then again, I would hope the Vatican would have knowledge on defeating or excorcising a demon, even though it was not seen in the movie

I think this is a perfect point: it’s far more likely that Van Helsing could have knowledge and take out Azazel, rather than Imhotep. Still seems like Van Helsing fighting Imhotep requires a leap of faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Match Final Results

Imhotep: 9
Azazel (Fallen): 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...