Jump to content

Katie Ka-Boom vs. Minerva Mink

MATCH SCORE
Katie Ka-Boom: 4
Minerva Mink: 3

Bo-Katan Kryze vs. Pre Vizsla

MATCH SCORE
Bo-Katan Kryze: 5
Pre Vizsla: 0

Armor King vs. Wolf Hawkfield

MATCH SCORE
Armor King: 3
Wolf Hawkfield: 1

Dark Agnes De Chastillon vs. Solomon Kane

MATCH SCORE
Dark Agnes De Chastillon: 5
Solomon Kane: 4

Anthony Gallen vs. Gunmen

MATCH SCORE
Anthony Gallen: 3
Gunmen: 2

Lei Wulong vs. Guile

MATCH SCORE
Lei Wulong: 1
Guile: 4

Slappy vs. The Crypt Keeper vs. Gooey Gus

MATCH SCORE
Slappy: 1
The Crypt Keeper: 3
Gooey Gus: 3

Eris vs. Hades (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Eris: 7
Hades (Disney): 5

Julius Caesar vs. King Leonidas

MATCH SCORE
Julius Caesar: 6
King Leonidas: 1

Kokoro vs. Ganryu

MATCH SCORE
Kokoro: 4
Ganryu: 3

Sign in to follow this  
UMPIRE

6:11 - P. T. Barnum vs. Dread Pirate Roberts

Recommended Posts

SEASON 6, ROUND 11

P. T. Barnum

Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about P. T. Barnum at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain



Dread Pirate Roberts

Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Dread Pirate Roberts at Wikipedia
Official Site: William Goldman



Battle Terrain
Jack of all Trades: who is the most Persuasive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have more faith in the Dread Pirate Roberts to sweet talk Rapunzel into this act then Barnum.  Barnum is a pitch man, but Roberts is a real charmer. I have no doubt that Barnum would instead try to convince Rapunzel to be a part of his circus, hair intact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaaanddd the Draft comes and goes without P. T. Barnum drawing a circus challenge once. <_<

On 1/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, JohnnyChany said:

I have more faith in the Dread Pirate Roberts to sweet talk Rapunzel into this act then Barnum.  Barnum is a pitch man, but Roberts is a real charmer. I have no doubt that Barnum would instead try to convince Rapunzel to be a part of his circus, hair intact. 

I doubt Westley would even want to talk Rapunzel into shedding her prized possession. And while it's true Barnum would want her to be an act in her circus, you definitely can't put it past him to talk her into cutting it once her act gets stale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, JohnnyChany said:

I have more faith in the Dread Pirate Roberts to sweet talk Rapunzel into this act then Barnum.  Barnum is a pitch man, but Roberts is a real charmer. I have no doubt that Barnum would instead try to convince Rapunzel to be a part of his circus, hair intact. 

Yeah that seems the likely scenario. He is a romantic and could convince her to do it, even if she didn't want to. Barnum would try to pay her off her something, which won't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Yeah that seems the likely scenario. He is a romantic and could convince her to do it, even if she didn't want to. Barnum would try to pay her off her something, which won't work.

Again, though, why would Westley want to convince Rapunzel to cut her hair? It would be pretty out of character for him to try to talk a good-hearted female to shed the thing's she had and made good use of her entire life.

Barnum, though, as unscrupulous as he is, would definitely have no compunctions whatsoever talking Rapunzel out of her hair if he thought he could make a profit out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Again, though, why would Wesley want to convince Rapunzel to cut her hair? It would be pretty out of character for him to try to talk a good-hearted female to shed the thing's she had and made good use of her entire life.

Barnum, though, as unscrupulous as he is, would definitely have no compunctions whatsoever talking Rapunzel out of her hair if he thought he could make a profit out of it.

But that's the challenge though. It's like not it's against his moral code to get a woman to cut her hair, it's just not what he would normally do. If he's actively trying to do that your argument makes no sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Again, though, why would Wesley want to convince Rapunzel to cut her hair? It would be pretty out of character for him to try to talk a good-hearted female to shed the thing's she had and made good use of her entire life.

Barnum, though, as unscrupulous as he is, would definitely have no compunctions whatsoever talking Rapunzel out of her hair if he thought he could make a profit out of it.

Barnum would probably not want to cut her hair either. Wouldn't he make more profit by letting her keep her hair and use it instead? He could use her as an attraction instead of just having this long weave of hair and have "the girl with the magic hair"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

But that's the challenge though. It's like not it's against his moral code to get a woman to cut her hair, it's just not what he would normally do. If he's actively trying to do that your argument makes no sense

If we're talking Westley, I'm not so sure about that. His main goal is to win the heart of Buttercup, so I'm not sure how getting another woman to cut her hair would help him accomplish that. Besides, the reputation of the Dread Pirate Roberts as a whole may be a bit overblown, since AFAIK we don't hear of any particularly amoral deeds from any holders of the mantle from the book or the film.

6 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Barnum would probably not want to cut her hair either. Wouldn't he make more profit by letting her keep her hair and use it instead? He could use her as an attraction instead of just having this long weave of hair and have "the girl with the magic hair"

As I mentioned, though, as soon Rapunzel's act grows stale for whatever reason, Barnum would definitely be talking her into cutting her hair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

If we're talking Westley, I'm not so sure about that. His main goal is to win the heart of Buttercup, so I'm not sure how getting another woman to cut her hair would help him accomplish that. Besides, the reputation of the Dread Pirate Roberts as a whole may be a bit overblown, since AFAIK we don't hear of any particularly amoral deeds from any holders of the mantle from the book or the film.

As I mentioned, though, as soon Rapunzel's act grows stale for whatever reason, Barnum would definitely be talking her into cutting her hair.

 

That didn't address my point at all. We're not arguing which is more likely to try to give Repunzel a haircut. We're arguing which would be better at it once they're set their minds to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That didn't address my point at all. We're not arguing which is more likely to try to give Repunzel a haircut. We're arguing which would be better at it once they're set their minds to it

The main point I was making is that motivation would likely be a key factor for whether either man would set their minds to this task, and Barnum would definitely be more likely to be motivated for this.

Besides, let's not underestimate Barnum's power of persuasion. His hoaxes and his famous circus did earn him riches on multiple occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

The main point I was making is that motivation would likely be a key factor for whether either man would set their minds to this task, and Barnum would definitely be more likely to be motivated for this.

Besides, let's not underestimate Barnum's power of persuasion. His hoaxes and his famous circus did earn him riches on multiple occasions.

As others have pointed out, "Woman with magical hairs" sells a lot more tickets than "woman with hair." Barnum was persuasive to a certain type of person, but Westley was charming to people like Rapunzel. He has a clear advantage here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Match Final Results

P. T. Barnum: 0
Dread Pirate Roberts: 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...