Jump to content
By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Michelangelo (2012)

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 7
Michelangelo (2012): 0

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. April O'Neil

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3
April O'Neil: 0

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Doogie Howser vs. Beverly Crusher

MATCH SCORE
Doogie Howser: 1
Beverly Crusher: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Derelict (LV-426) vs. Penny (Inspector Gadget)

MATCH SCORE
The Derelict (LV-426): 8
Penny (Inspector Gadget): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Catwoman vs. Arsene Lupin III

MATCH SCORE
Catwoman: 2
Arsene Lupin III: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tinker Bell vs. Princess Aurora

MATCH SCORE
Tinker Bell: 8
Princess Aurora: 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Batman (Richard Grayson) vs. Leonardo (TMNT)

MATCH SCORE
Batman (Richard Grayson): 3
Leonardo (TMNT): 8

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Neal Caffrey vs. Dominic Toretto

MATCH SCORE
Neal Caffrey: 10
Dominic Toretto: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Death Star vs. Ron Stoppable

MATCH SCORE
The Death Star: 4
Ron Stoppable: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Anna Of Arendelle vs. Belle (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Anna Of Arendelle: 12
Belle (Disney): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Carlton Banks vs. Konohagakure

MATCH SCORE
Carlton Banks: 10
Konohagakure: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tiana (Disney) vs. Pocahontas

MATCH SCORE
Tiana (Disney): 3
Pocahontas: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Raphael (TMNT) vs. Lady Shiva

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (TMNT): 5
Lady Shiva: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Snake-Eyes vs. Raiden (Metal Gear)

MATCH SCORE
Snake-Eyes: 4
Raiden (Metal Gear): 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Shinobi (Joe Musashi) vs. Michelangelo (1987)

MATCH SCORE
Shinobi (Joe Musashi): 6
Michelangelo (1987): 3

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Sir John Falstaff vs. Vice City

MATCH SCORE
Sir John Falstaff: 10
Vice City: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Arthur Morgan vs. Nathan Drake

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 9
Nathan Drake: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Dwight Schrute vs. Remnant

MATCH SCORE
Dwight Schrute: 4
Remnant: 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Master Splinter (TMNT) vs. Wildcat

MATCH SCORE
Master Splinter (TMNT): 5
Wildcat: 7

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Rapunzel vs. Megara (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Rapunzel: 8
Megara (Disney): 3

6:11 - P. T. Barnum vs. Dread Pirate Roberts


Recommended Posts

SEASON 6, ROUND 11

P. T. Barnum

Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about P. T. Barnum at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain



Dread Pirate Roberts

Slot: The Team's Jack of All Trades
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Dread Pirate Roberts at Wikipedia
Official Site: William Goldman



Battle Terrain
Jack of all Trades: who is the most Persuasive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have more faith in the Dread Pirate Roberts to sweet talk Rapunzel into this act then Barnum.  Barnum is a pitch man, but Roberts is a real charmer. I have no doubt that Barnum would instead try to convince Rapunzel to be a part of his circus, hair intact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aaaaanddd the Draft comes and goes without P. T. Barnum drawing a circus challenge once. <_<

On 1/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, JohnnyChany said:

I have more faith in the Dread Pirate Roberts to sweet talk Rapunzel into this act then Barnum.  Barnum is a pitch man, but Roberts is a real charmer. I have no doubt that Barnum would instead try to convince Rapunzel to be a part of his circus, hair intact. 

I doubt Westley would even want to talk Rapunzel into shedding her prized possession. And while it's true Barnum would want her to be an act in her circus, you definitely can't put it past him to talk her into cutting it once her act gets stale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, JohnnyChany said:

I have more faith in the Dread Pirate Roberts to sweet talk Rapunzel into this act then Barnum.  Barnum is a pitch man, but Roberts is a real charmer. I have no doubt that Barnum would instead try to convince Rapunzel to be a part of his circus, hair intact. 

Yeah that seems the likely scenario. He is a romantic and could convince her to do it, even if she didn't want to. Barnum would try to pay her off her something, which won't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Yeah that seems the likely scenario. He is a romantic and could convince her to do it, even if she didn't want to. Barnum would try to pay her off her something, which won't work.

Again, though, why would Westley want to convince Rapunzel to cut her hair? It would be pretty out of character for him to try to talk a good-hearted female to shed the thing's she had and made good use of her entire life.

Barnum, though, as unscrupulous as he is, would definitely have no compunctions whatsoever talking Rapunzel out of her hair if he thought he could make a profit out of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Again, though, why would Wesley want to convince Rapunzel to cut her hair? It would be pretty out of character for him to try to talk a good-hearted female to shed the thing's she had and made good use of her entire life.

Barnum, though, as unscrupulous as he is, would definitely have no compunctions whatsoever talking Rapunzel out of her hair if he thought he could make a profit out of it.

But that's the challenge though. It's like not it's against his moral code to get a woman to cut her hair, it's just not what he would normally do. If he's actively trying to do that your argument makes no sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Again, though, why would Wesley want to convince Rapunzel to cut her hair? It would be pretty out of character for him to try to talk a good-hearted female to shed the thing's she had and made good use of her entire life.

Barnum, though, as unscrupulous as he is, would definitely have no compunctions whatsoever talking Rapunzel out of her hair if he thought he could make a profit out of it.

Barnum would probably not want to cut her hair either. Wouldn't he make more profit by letting her keep her hair and use it instead? He could use her as an attraction instead of just having this long weave of hair and have "the girl with the magic hair"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

But that's the challenge though. It's like not it's against his moral code to get a woman to cut her hair, it's just not what he would normally do. If he's actively trying to do that your argument makes no sense

If we're talking Westley, I'm not so sure about that. His main goal is to win the heart of Buttercup, so I'm not sure how getting another woman to cut her hair would help him accomplish that. Besides, the reputation of the Dread Pirate Roberts as a whole may be a bit overblown, since AFAIK we don't hear of any particularly amoral deeds from any holders of the mantle from the book or the film.

6 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Barnum would probably not want to cut her hair either. Wouldn't he make more profit by letting her keep her hair and use it instead? He could use her as an attraction instead of just having this long weave of hair and have "the girl with the magic hair"

As I mentioned, though, as soon Rapunzel's act grows stale for whatever reason, Barnum would definitely be talking her into cutting her hair.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

If we're talking Westley, I'm not so sure about that. His main goal is to win the heart of Buttercup, so I'm not sure how getting another woman to cut her hair would help him accomplish that. Besides, the reputation of the Dread Pirate Roberts as a whole may be a bit overblown, since AFAIK we don't hear of any particularly amoral deeds from any holders of the mantle from the book or the film.

As I mentioned, though, as soon Rapunzel's act grows stale for whatever reason, Barnum would definitely be talking her into cutting her hair.

 

That didn't address my point at all. We're not arguing which is more likely to try to give Repunzel a haircut. We're arguing which would be better at it once they're set their minds to it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That didn't address my point at all. We're not arguing which is more likely to try to give Repunzel a haircut. We're arguing which would be better at it once they're set their minds to it

The main point I was making is that motivation would likely be a key factor for whether either man would set their minds to this task, and Barnum would definitely be more likely to be motivated for this.

Besides, let's not underestimate Barnum's power of persuasion. His hoaxes and his famous circus did earn him riches on multiple occasions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

The main point I was making is that motivation would likely be a key factor for whether either man would set their minds to this task, and Barnum would definitely be more likely to be motivated for this.

Besides, let's not underestimate Barnum's power of persuasion. His hoaxes and his famous circus did earn him riches on multiple occasions.

As others have pointed out, "Woman with magical hairs" sells a lot more tickets than "woman with hair." Barnum was persuasive to a certain type of person, but Westley was charming to people like Rapunzel. He has a clear advantage here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...