Kuma: 2

Genie (Aladdin) vs. The Djinn

MATCH SCORE
Genie (Aladdin): 6
The Djinn: 0

Sign in to follow this  
Mercenaryblade

Match 15134 Mysterio and Scarecrow vs. Spider-Man and Batman

Alfred Pennyworth stepped out of the lift into the familiar dim lighting of the batcave, he carried the evening's meal in his hands within a silver serving dish. The chitter of bats and drip of water could be heard in symphony with the hum of the batcomputer. 

Bruce Wayne, or Batman really sat hunched forward in his chair as his eyes took in a multitude of information before him. Alfred was all too familiar with the engrossed pose of his master on a case. 

Coming to Batman's side Alfred cleared his throat. 

“Dinner, sir. Chicken Cordon Bleu, side of potatoes and carrots.” 

“Thanks Alfred.” Batman growled mechanically. 

Alfred looked to the screen, a familiar ghoulish figure glowered from the monitor. 

“Scarecrow, again?” 

Batman nodded, “He broke out of Arkham. I’ve already looked into some of his old hideouts; no luck.”

Alfred raised an eyebrow, “Perhaps, Professor Crane intends to take an extended absence?” 

Batman shook his head, “Three nights from Halloween? No, Alfred. He’s planning something. I just wish I knew what.”

In the outskirts between Gotham and New York was a pumpkin patch, among the orange fruits and haybales were festive Halloween decorations. Plastic skeletons dressed as farmers, cobwebs, and scarecrows. To add to the ghoulish atmosphere a green mist drifted across the pumpkin patch.

The mist swirled along before it coalesced into the shape of a man. The figure that stood among the pumpkins and Halloween decor looked vaguely like an astronaut. A round glass helmet obscured the face of the figure, the suit he wore was green with an attached blue cape. 

The figure strode forward a bit before he spoke in a distorted voice. 

Where are you? I’m in no mood for hide and seek.”  

A voice from the dark night answered him. 

“I believe I told you to come in person, not a hologram. I’m not stupid.”

Mysterio glanced around, “Nor am I. If I get a mysterious summons to a pumpkin patch this far out by someone I don’t know.” 

A laugh came from all around. “Indeed you aren’t stupid. Which is why we shall do great things together.”       

Who’s we?” Mysterio asked. 

“Lose the hologram, and I’ll come from my hiding spot.” 

“Have it your way.” Mysterio replied.

The hologram vanished and a short time later a similar man in the same getup strode into the pumpkin patch. “Let me guess, Jonathan Crane? Alias the Scarecrow.” 

One of the prop Scarecrows turned to regard Mysterio. 

“Good guess,” 

Mysterio folded his arms, “What do you want?”

“Surely I’ve made it clear, we join forces. The master of fear, and the master of illusions. My fear toxin with your trickery. The Batman will be a quivering wreck before us.”

“No, if we’re doing this we’re taking down the webslinger.” Mysterio grunted.

“Why not both?” Scarecrow replied. 

Mysterio chuckled beneath his helmet, “Start talking professor.” 

Two nights later and Spiderman was swinging from building to building as the sun began to set.

“Ahh, Halloween night and this spiderman is spending it as usual.” 

Landing atop a mall spiderman watched several children walk below dressed as their favorite superheroes, a few had chosen him. 

“Ahh, worth it if it keeps the Spidey fanclub safe.”   

Just then there was the all too familiar sound of a miniature jet engine. Looking up Spiderman groaned as a cackling filled the air. 

“Oh, great, Hobgoblin is out trick or treating.” 

Spiderman let fly a web and swung in pursuit of his foe. 

“Hey! Aren’t you a bit old to be out trick or treating?” Spiderman quipped.

“Ha-haha! Tiss the season little spider, and I’m bringing it in with a bang!” Hobgoblin replied as he suddenly banked his glider and shot off towards the warehouse districts.

Spiderman kept up his pursuit as he saw his foe fly into one of the massive buildings. Landing atop the roof Spiderman took a crouched stance as he readied himself to fight, but the goblin never came out. 

“He wants me to follow him? Alright Goblin…”

Just then a shadow rose to the superhero’s right. 

“Woah! Batman? Aren’t you in Gotham?”

“I’m following a lead, the Scarecrow intends to detonate a fear toxin bomb in the city.” 

Spiderman paused, “Oh, no, bombs… Hobgblin just flew in there, you know, pumpkin bombs, fear toxin. Halloween.”

“Let’s move!” Batman shouted as he crashed through the skylight into the dar warehouse, Spiderman right by his side. 

“HAPPY HALLOWEEN!” Hobgoblin cried out as pumpkin bombs flew towards them. Both heroes nimbly dodged the explosives, and Batman retaliated with a baterang. The weapon flew straight and true and lodged in the wing of the glider. 

Hobgoblin fell to the concrete hard, his head separating from his body. There was no blood, just sparks of electricity from severed circuits. 

“A robot?” Batman pondered.

Spiderman groaned, “Oh, no. Mysterio….Bats! My spider sense!”

Just then the robot released a gas from the hidden canister that had been triggered. 

“Fear gas!” Batman warned as he tried to fit a gasmask, but it was too late as he felt the foul stuff in his lungs. 

“The bat and the spider, perfect, now this Halloween can really begin!” A voice from the intercom.

“Crane!” Batman groaned.

“Welcome to your own personal fright night heroes!” A second voice called.

“Mysterio!” Spiderman groaned. 

It was set then, exposed to fear toxin in a building full of Mysterious trickery, an All Hallows eve unlike any other. Could even Batman and Spiderman survive? 

Learn More About
Scarecrow
Read more about Scarecrow at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia- Scarecrow Unofficial Guide to DCU Superhero Database: Scarecrow

Mysterio
Read more about Mysterio at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia Marvel Universe Marvel Database

Batman
Read more about Batman at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Batman Entry The Dark Knight Golden Age Batman Site

Spider-Man
Read more about Spider-Man at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Spider-Man Spiderfan.org Marvel.com: Spider-Man

Man it feels good to do this again!  :) The perfect match up as we near Halloween! 

Not sure if I'll be a regular again, these days I devote most my writing to my original characters and settings. But it sure was fun to whip up a CBUB fight for all of you! I do apologize for any grammar errors was spur of the moment. 

Definitely an appropriate Halloween matchup. I would love to see what the Scarecrow and Mysterio could cook up together. With that being said,  since they can never beat their counterparts I wouldn't expect any different this time around. Scarecrow and Mysterio go down, but not before showing off some amazing and horrific special effects that would make Hollywood jealous.

23 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

“A rabot?” Batman pondered.

I know this is just supposed to be robot but for some reason when I first saw it I thought of a cyborg bunny rabbit lol

15 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Definitely an appropriate Halloween matchup. I would love to see what the Scarecrow and Mysterio could cook up together. With that being said,  since they can never beat their counterparts I wouldn't expect any different this time around. Scarecrow and Mysterio go down, but not before showing off some amazing and horrific special effects that would make Hollywood jealous.

I know this is just supposed to be robot but for some reason when I first saw it I thought of a cyborg bunny rabbit lol

Fair point villains always tend to lose even when teamed up. Still they'd make an amazing team together and both Batman and Spiderman will be questioning what's real and what's not. 

Ooops. heh, thanks for finding that typo. 

Nice set-up and match-up, Merc! I think your overall storytelling might have improved since you last posted a match here. :) 

As for the match, Scarecrow and Mysterio definitely make things interesting, but as mentioned, Batman and Spider-Man have beaten them before. The heroes should be able to take them down again.

19 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Nice set-up and match-up, Merc! I think your overall storytelling might have improved since you last posted a match here. :) 

As for the match, Scarecrow and Mysterio definitely make things interesting, but as mentioned, Batman and Spider-Man have beaten them before. The heroes should be able to take them down again.

Thanks DS! I've been keeping busy on the writing scene. 

Yeah, I mainly just thought the two would be a formidable duo. 

Fun Halloween theme. I think this pair of villains make a great team. They give Spidey and Bats a run for their money but they ultimately lose. I don't think many could really beat these two together.

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Fun Halloween theme. I think this pair of villains make a great team. They give Spidey and Bats a run for their money but they ultimately lose. I don't think many could really beat these two together.

Yeah Bats and Spidey together may have been a bit OP 

Match Final Results

RATINGS SCORE: 3.33
0 regular members rated the match.
3 CBUB Match Judges rated the match.

MATCH SCORE
Scarecrow and Mysterio: 1
Spider-Man and Batman: 7