Jump to content
By UMPIRE

Dwight McCarthy vs. Alejandro Gillick

MATCH SCORE
Dwight McCarthy: 2
Alejandro Gillick: 0

By UMPIRE

Heishiro Mitsurugi vs. Genjuro

MATCH SCORE
Heishiro Mitsurugi: 4
Genjuro: 1

By UMPIRE

Kolin vs. Honoka (DOA)

MATCH SCORE
Kolin: 2
Honoka (DOA): 3

By UMPIRE

Elsa Of Arendelle vs. Daenerys Targaryen

MATCH SCORE
Elsa Of Arendelle: 5
Daenerys Targaryen: 1

By UMPIRE

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ralf Jones

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 7
Ralf Jones: 1

By UMPIRE

Salvatore Leone vs. Corrigan (Driver)

MATCH SCORE
Salvatore Leone: 3
Corrigan (Driver): 1

By UMPIRE

Tommy Wiseau vs. Ed Wood

MATCH SCORE
Tommy Wiseau: 5
Ed Wood: 2

By UMPIRE

James Bond vs. Rally Vincent

MATCH SCORE
James Bond: 4
Rally Vincent: 2

By UMPIRE

The Spy (TF2) vs. Alfred Pennyworth

MATCH SCORE
The Spy (TF2): 1
Alfred Pennyworth: 7

By UMPIRE

Trini Kwan vs. Chloe Bourgeois

MATCH SCORE
Trini Kwan: 2
Chloe Bourgeois: 5

By UMPIRE

Armor King vs. Zangief

MATCH SCORE
Armor King: 2
Zangief: 5

By UMPIRE

King (Tekken) vs. El Blaze

MATCH SCORE
King (Tekken): 9
El Blaze: 0

By UMPIRE

Black Widow vs. Hun

MATCH SCORE
Black Widow: 10
Hun: 0

By UMPIRE

Cid Highwind vs. Aranea Highwind

MATCH SCORE
Cid Highwind: 1
Aranea Highwind: 4

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Sinon vs. Chris Redfield

MATCH SCORE
Sinon: 2
Chris Redfield: 9

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Dot Warner vs. Kwicky Koala

MATCH SCORE
Dot Warner: 10
Kwicky Koala: 3

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Richard O'Connell vs. Batman

MATCH SCORE
Richard O'Connell: 9
Batman: 7

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Blues Brothers vs. P. T. Barnum

MATCH SCORE
Blues Brothers: 8
P. T. Barnum: 4

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Dante Hicks vs. Patrick Bateman

MATCH SCORE
Dante Hicks: 7
Patrick Bateman: 5

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Lois Lane vs. Vampirella

MATCH SCORE
Lois Lane: 5
Vampirella: 6

4:8 - Mothra vs. Zorah Magdaros


Recommended Posts

SEASON 4, ROUND 8

Mothra

Slot: The Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mothra at Wikipedia
Official Site: Toho Co



Zorah Magdaros

Slot: The Team's Japanese Asset
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Zorah Magdaros at Wikipedia
Official Site: Capcom



Battle Terrain
Location: Mexico City

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be honest, I don't know a damn thing about Kaiju. But I think Zorah can resist more than Mothra can put out. He's described as a walking volcano (larger than all the Kaiju in this category) and can't be knocked around if Mothra tries that approach. Plus that would only hurt Mothra since his body is covered in magma-spewing spikes, fire, and a turtle-like shell. His defense is on point. He's also resistant to any poison, stun, sleep, or paralysis effects Mothra might have.

Actually, I'm just going to leave this right here.

I think another big thing is that everyone is under the impression that Zorah can be taken out by humans with cannons and blades, but Zorah never died. He was only ever driven away. Just barely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Versam said:

I'm going to be honest, I don't know a damn thing about Kaiju. But I think Zorah can resist more than Mothra can put out. He's described as a walking volcano (larger than all the Kaiju in this category) and can't be knocked around if Mothra tries that approach. Plus that would only hurt Mothra since his body is covered in magma-spewing spikes, fire, and a turtle-like shell. His defense is on point. He's also resistant to any poison, stun, sleep, or paralysis effects Mothra might have.

Actually, I'm just going to leave this right here.

I think another big thing is that everyone is under the impression that Zorah can be taken out by humans with cannons and blades, but Zorah never died. He was only ever driven away. Just barely.

This is a strong argument. I wasn't aware that he was so much larger than Godzilla and Ghidorah. That's insane.

My only argument for Mothra is that she can stop him in his tracks with webbing, but now I don't know if that would even work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Versam said:

 He's described as a walking volcano (larger than all the Kaiju in this category) and can't be knocked around if Mothra tries that approach. Plus that would only hurt Mothra since his body is covered in magma-spewing spikes, fire, and a turtle-like shell.

This is an exact replica of Rodan from the 2019 American Godzilla movie and Mothra dunked on him in that movie, although she did kinda die to him near the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

My only argument for Mothra is that she can stop him in his tracks with webbing, but now I don't know if that would even work.

The entire plot of Monster Hunter World was that they were trying to restrain him 😂😂😂😂😂 WEBBING AIN'T GONNA DO IT, SON

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

This is an exact replica of Rodan from the 2019 American Godzilla movie and Mothra dunked on him in that movie, although she did kinda die to him near the end.

Rodan is 154 ft tall. Zorah is 845ft tall.

I imagine the measurements are all scaled up.

Zorah is gonna eat Mothra 😂😂😂 Right after she burns to the ground from attempting to slam through his spikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Versam said:

Rodan is 154 ft tall. Zorah is 845ft tall.

I imagine the measurements are all scaled up.

Zorah is gonna eat Mothra 😂😂😂 Right after she burns to the ground from attempting to slam through his spikes.

At the same time, Rodan fought against a guy who created Category VI Hurricanes and survived a nuclear bomb. Size doesn't really matter, Imma need more feats than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only Mothra that could give Zorah trouble is Armor Mothra from Mothra III (1998).

Here is a list of Armor Mothra’s powers and attacks from Toho Kingdom.

Flight at mach 15.5; able to fire a Armor Heat Laser from forehead, which can penetrate King Ghidorah's barrier; has thick armor encasing his body; razor sharp wings; able to do Transcending Fate by building up enough energy so that Mothra will pass through an enemy's body in a blinding flash of speed, causing the body to slowly crystallize and then explode; can change into Eternal Mothra

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Versam said:

Rodan is 154 ft tall. Zorah is 845ft tall.

I imagine the measurements are all scaled up.

Zorah is gonna eat Mothra 😂😂😂 Right after she burns to the ground from attempting to slam through his spikes.

You know what they say about size. I actually don't think Zorah wins this. Isn't the premise of Monster Hunter that people with hand-held weapons are able to kill these guys? Maybe with cannons and such? Mothra is a lot stronger than you're giving her credit for here

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Isn't the premise of Monster Hunter that people with hand-held weapons are able to kill these guys? Maybe with cannons and such?

Zorah is the Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter. They tried to hurt it, but couldn't. The best they could do was climb it's back to collect materials for armor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Zorah is the Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter. They tried to hurt it, but couldn't. The best they could do was climb it's back to collect materials for armor.

So I'm no expert of that game series, so I'm looking at respect threads and videos and such. It appears in this cinematic that it is at least hurt by the cannon fire here to the point where it is forced to leave. Mothra scales reasonably well to Godzilla, who can survive indefinite fire from much stronger weaponry for much longer periods of time without even feeling it most of the time. Am I misinterpreting this cinematic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

So I'm no expert of that game series, so I'm looking at respect threads and videos and such. It appears in this cinematic that it is at least hurt by the cannon fire here to the point where it is forced to leave. Mothra scales reasonably well to Godzilla, who can survive indefinite fire from much stronger weaponry for much longer periods of time without even feeling it most of the time. Am I misinterpreting this cinematic?

They do damage to Zorah by weakening his shell and hitting him in areas that he's more exposed. And they had to aim carefully to hit, and I don't think Mothra has that precision.

That said, everything they do to Zorah only deters him in a different direction. Mothra would need more attack power, and I don't think her offense is going to cut it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

They do damage to Zorah by weakening his shell and hitting him in areas that he's more exposed. And they had to aim carefully to hit, and I don't think Mothra has that precision.

That said, everything they do to Zorah only deters him in a different direction. Mothra would need more attack power, and I don't think her offense is going to cut it.

I don't agree about her offense not cutting it. She is regularly a challenge for Godzilla and is able to actually do significant damage to him. Godzilla survives the full assault of modern military and no-sells it all. Tanks, planes, bombs all the way up to nukes, artillery fire, city-busting-meteors, and even wacky shit like Black Hole generators and Absolute Zero cannons are not enough to really hurt Godzilla, but Mothra is able to do so consistently and is one of his most regular foes/friends. She doesn't look like much because she is often overshadowed by the more colorful and destructive Godzilla cast, but she is definitely in his ballpark and I haven't seen anything other than his size to imply that Zorah has the damage output needed to hurt Mothra (who can tank hits from Godzilla and survive), or that he could survive Mothra's attacks (again, Mothra can damage Godzilla who has far stronger durability feats)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't agree about her offense not cutting it. She is regularly a challenge for Godzilla and is able to actually do significant damage to him. Godzilla survives the full assault of modern military and no-sells it all. Tanks, planes, bombs all the way up to nukes, artillery fire, city-busting-meteors, and even wacky shit like Black Hole generators and Absolute Zero cannons are not enough to really hurt Godzilla, but Mothra is able to do so consistently and is one of his most regular foes/friends. She doesn't look like much because she is often overshadowed by the more colorful and destructive Godzilla cast, but she is definitely in his ballpark and I haven't seen anything other than his size to imply that Zorah has the damage output needed to hurt Mothra (who can tank hits from Godzilla and survive), or that he could survive Mothra's attacks (again, Mothra can damage Godzilla who has far stronger durability feats)

My only counter to that is Mothra is going up against a creature that is twice the size of Godzilla, maybe more. She may get some good damage in, but it feels like an uphill battle. Zorah has magma that will burn Mothra if she gets in close. And at a distance, Mothra has to contend with other monsters that are there to protect Zorah.

My vote stands with Zorah, but your points are strong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

My only counter to that is Mothra is going up against a creature that is twice the size of Godzilla, maybe more. She may get some good damage in, but it feels like an uphill battle. Zorah has magma that will burn Mothra if she gets in close. And at a distance, Mothra has to contend with other monsters that are there to protect Zorah.

My vote stands with Zorah, but your points are strong.

Size doesn't have any intrinsic merit though. Zorah is big, but every other physical of his is far weaker than Mothra's, or at least Mothra has stronger actual feats than Zorah does. Zorah is a massive creature, but Mothra seems to be smarter, faster, stronger, hit harder, has a massive mobility advantage, and some versions ever have projectile attacks that could probably overpower him. Even if she didn't have access to that, her higher durability feats mean she can just reach ramming speed and plow into him again and again for the win. None of the other monsters will even be factors in this fight. Zorah's feats aren't even concrete enough to say that he would be able to hurt Zorah, let alone the much smaller, much weaker monsters. Mothra could legitimately probably just kill them with a single hit. 

EDIT: Also, many versions of Mothra have a long ranged laser attack that invalidates the "she has to get in close argument," even if her endurance didn't already do that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...