Jump to content
By UMPIRE

Tanya Sloan vs. Moon Rock Aliens

MATCH SCORE
Tanya Sloan: 1
Moon Rock Aliens: 5

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 22 Match 17301 Medusa (Marvel) vs. Carmen Sandiego

MATCH SCORE
Medusa (Marvel): 0
Carmen Sandiego: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 21 Match 17300 Ruby Rose vs. Tracer (Overwatch)

MATCH SCORE
Ruby Rose: 4
Tracer (Overwatch): 2

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 20 Match 17299 Cassie Cage vs. Trini Kwan

MATCH SCORE
Cassie Cage: 4
Trini Kwan: 1

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 19 Match 17298 Wednesday Addams vs. Chloe Bourgeois vs. Chel

MATCH SCORE
Wednesday Addams: 1
Chloe Bourgeois: 2
Chel: 1

By UMPIRE

Ash Crimson vs. Necalli

MATCH SCORE
Ash Crimson: 3
Necalli: 1

By UMPIRE

Black Widow vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Black Widow: 5
Cybermen (Mondasian): 1

By UMPIRE

Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water) vs. Zarana

MATCH SCORE
Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

By UMPIRE

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Jubei Yagyu

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 4
Jubei Yagyu: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 18 Match 17279 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Baby Doll vs. Ladybug

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 1
Baby Doll: 0
Ladybug: 2

By UMPIRE

Minute Men (Kaiserreich) vs. The French Foreign Legion

MATCH SCORE
Minute Men (Kaiserreich): 1
The French Foreign Legion: 2

By UMPIRE

G.I. Joe vs. Zombies vs. The Super Hero Taisen Army

MATCH SCORE
G.I. Joe: 2
Zombies (Return of the Living Dead): 1
The Super Hero Taisen Universe: 5

By UMPIRE

Doctor Strange vs. Fat Buu

MATCH SCORE
Doctor Strange: 6
Fat Buu: 1

By UMPIRE

Space Jockey Alien vs. Astro Megazord

MATCH SCORE
Space Jockey Alien: 2
Astro Megazord: 4

By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Galford D. Weller

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 5


Fox
 Share

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) is too powerful for her slot.

https://imgur.com/a/cBksG

I Googled this as best I was able.  The sources I looked at seemed to put her around the 2 Ton Lift level.  Nothing I have found puts her much over.  Probably at the top of the strength range for the slot was what I got out of it.

Also, apparently, she can be completely disabled by an electro-magnetic pulse.  So, you know, when she invariable goes up against Bat God (who is also in the slot) I'm sure we are going to hear about that.

 

As for the Anime characters, we're just going to roll with it this season. We kind of already went over that earlier up in the thread.  We're learning about Anime and, next time, we are probably going to have to hard categorize using the VS Battle Wiki

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fox said:

I Googled this as best I was able.  The sources I looked at seemed to put her around the 2 Ton Lift level.  Nothing I have found puts her much over.  Probably at the top of the strength range for the slot was what I got out of it.

OK, well that's her lifting a train, which weighs a lot more than 2 tons.

 

18 minutes ago, Fox said:

As for the Anime characters, we're just going to roll with it this season. We kind of already went over that earlier up in the thread.  We're learning about Anime and, next time, we are probably going to have to hard categorize using the VS Battle Wiki

I guess Afro Samurai can ride the bench this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

OK, well that's her lifting a train, which weighs a lot more than 2 tons.

 

OK, yeah, I see that.  Problem is that it doesn't match what I could find about the character.  VS Battle Wiki rates her as able to lift a truck or a motorboat, officially, which is in-bounds.

The only reference I have for being over is that page, and I can see there is some other flying hero in that panel flying under the train and lifting it also.

You see that there is more than her lifting that, right?

I'm not against sending the character back to the player if I have to.  It's a real drag for both me and the player.  I'm just not clear how far out of slot bounds the character is, if it is.

 

On anime, no I'm not going to try and get 20 people to re-pick their teams and then try and re-validate them all.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

On anime, no I'm not going to try and get 20 people to re-pick their teams and then try and re-validate them all.

Yeah, that's probably too big of a pain in the ass for everyone. I'll shut up about it.

 

7 minutes ago, Fox said:

You see that there is more than her lifting that, right?

Yes, but even with help, that's more than 2 tons she's holding up.

She also is shown to easily lift with one hand and throw a car here. I think she's over the strength level of the slot, but that's my last argument against her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An aside, I had originally picked Static for my street tier hero slot based on my knowledge of him from the 2000s cartoon. I also checked a respect thread before picking, but it turns out that only had the cartoon feats.

I just found some of his comic feats, and yeah, that dude is WAY too strong for that slot. My bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Yeah, that's probably too big of a pain in the ass for everyone. I'll shut up about it.

 

Yes, but even with help, that's more than 2 tons she's holding up.

She also is shown to easily lift with one hand and throw a car here. I think she's over the strength level of the slot, but that's my last argument against her.

The average weight of a car is typically 2 tons or less.  I'm OK with throwing cars in this slot as a feat.  How's her durability against adamantium claws?  Have you seen the assortment of bad asses in that slot?

 

Anyways, if you feel your Anime pick in under-weight I can send your team back to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn, Berg, you're all busy with the character analyses. :D 

Anyways, if anyone's still looking for deities to draft, I've just moved quite a few of them to the Fantasy category where they rightfully belong (including some that have already been drafted), so they should now be a little easier to find. 

An another note, I almost forgot that I added the bulk of the original Greek God pantheon back in the day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Damn, Berg, you're all busy with the character analyses. :D 

Anyways, if anyone's still looking for deities to draft, I've just moved quite a few of them to the Fantasy category where they rightfully belong (including some that have already been drafted), so they should now be a little easier to find. 

An another note, I almost forgot that I added the bulk of the original Greek God pantheon back in the day!

You gonna join in, D?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, C.T. said:

You gonna join in, D?

Still thinking about it. :) 

In looking over some of the Draft rosters, though, I'm pretty surprised at some of the characters you guys have missed out on so far (no Lone Ranger or Geronimo for Western picks? really?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Still thinking about it. :) 

In looking over some of the Draft rosters, though, I'm pretty surprised at some of the characters you guys have missed out on so far (no Lone Ranger or Geronimo for Western picks? really?).

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/showfantasyteam?ftid=166
 

is that the Lone Ranger I see there? 😛

Besides, like my choice in that slot and cool to hear you thinking about it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, C.T. said:

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/showfantasyteam?ftid=166
 

is that the Lone Ranger I see there? 😛

 

Gah, this is too late for me. :D 

And I've just moved a good deal more mythological figures over to Fantasy. I see what initially happened, though; when deities, etc. were starting to get added to the Database, the bulk of them were added under Pop Culture, and thus started a trend (and even I got swept up in that trend at first). From now on, though, guys, if we're going to add a character originating from mythology, he/she/it belongs in the Fantasy category.

More to move tomorrow ...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Still thinking about it. :) 

In looking over some of the Draft rosters, though, I'm pretty surprised at some of the characters you guys have missed out on so far (no Lone Ranger or Geronimo for Western picks? really?).

I got Lone Ranger on my team :D 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It may be too late to change this, but I noticed Confession FPT picked Hades from Disney's Hercules for Slot 1 of his team. The rules state that only the original deities can be chosen in that slot and not alternate versions of said deities, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DSkillz said:

It may be too late to change this, but I noticed Confession FPT picked Hades from Disney's Hercules for Slot 1 of his team. The rules state that only the original deities can be chosen in that slot and not alternate versions of said deities, right?

oh, yeah.  My bad.  I guess I'll need to request @Confession FPT change that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2020 at 2:25 AM, DSkillz said:

In looking over some of the Draft rosters, though, I'm pretty surprised at some of the characters you guys have missed out on so far (no Lone Ranger or Geronimo for Western picks? really?).

I considered going with one of the Cartwrights, but I was skeptical how well Bonanza is known at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fox said:

Geeze, and I gotta get a new Tournament for November up!

This is true.

Although, lord knows I should be working on my original stuff or my storyline matches instead of competing. But what am I saying? I can't resist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

This is true.

Although, lord knows I should be working on my original stuff or my storyline matches instead of competing. But what am I saying? I can't resist.

Probably gonna bump up the prize package in honor of the Holidays.  Might be an incentive to compete.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Damn you. Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

What is the theme, good sir???

Well, you know, don’t let this compromise your principles or anything.

Two matches freestyle - any 1v1 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I went ahead and finally decided on a team. My anime pick is probably gonna get squashed, though, since anime's not my forte. :D Decent squad otherwise. 

That also makes a new Draft record twenty-one teams in this one so far (twenty-two when Confession re-does his Deity pick).

57 minutes ago, Fox said:

Two matches freestyle - any 1v1 

Beard Stroking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

O rly?

Lord knows I generally have several matches in the works. The trick is putting them out on a schedule ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...