Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Sign in to follow this  
UMPIRE

SEASON 3 ROUND 6 RESULTS

SEASON 3 ROUND 6 RESULTS

Bergy_Berg WINS: 10 POINTS: 100
Peypeypeypey WINS: 8 POINTS: 80
OMFG WINS: 7 POINTS: 70
SSJRuss WINS: 7 POINTS: 70
Venom 2009 WINS: 7 POINTS: 70
The Boob Tube WINS: 7 POINTS: 70
Hugo Fowl WINS: 7 POINTS: 70
DSkillz WINS: 6 POINTS: 60
broadwaybeyonder WINS: 5 POINTS: 50
Fox WINS: 5 POINTS: 50
MemeGuy WINS: 4 POINTS: 40
ViceCityMobster86 WINS: 4 POINTS: 40
Magnamax WINS: 4 POINTS: 40
Confession FPT WINS: 3 POINTS: 30
ThePhenomenalOne WINS: 2 POINTS: 20
Z451 WINS: 2 POINTS: 20

It seems that ....

Bergy_Berg WINS: 10 POINTS: 100
Peypeypeypey WINS: 8 POINTS: 80

... will be our finalists for Season 3

You have selected your teams well, and I am sure your final death match as we throw your teams in a cage together will be epic.

• Like 1

This was the only round I lost both of my matches. Just within reach of being a finalist!!!

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Oh, is that how the final works. Well, I don't think I'm gonna win that lol

It's new!  We never actually had a "final" before.

It's kind of a work in progress.

Wait, just noticed this a couple of rounds back: 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

David Xanatos: 5
Mister Fantastic: 4

Heh, didn't know that were that many Gargoyles fans here. No wonder I'm in the middle of the pack. :D 

Guess I'll just have to speak out for my squad earlier in rounds in the next season.

This was my best round yet! I will always find a way to draft Courage the Cowardly Dog, he’s been my MVP in all these things. Shout out to the Gremlins and Indiana Jones as well for also putting in work. 

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Wait, just noticed this a couple of rounds back: 

Heh, didn't know that were that many Gargoyles fans here. No wonder I'm in the middle of the pack. :D 

Guess I'll just have to speak out for my squad earlier in rounds in the next season.

One of those five votes was mine.  Have to stand by my team. ;) :) XD But still, have to make Jason Vorhees my MVP.  Without him I wouldn't have won 30 of my 50 points.  Not bad for my first tournament.  

2 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Will it just be all 7 members thrown in an arena? Or just non-benched team members?

All 7 members.  Even the team losers come off the bench.

I have to write the script for it still, so I fully expect it to be a happy disaster when I try to run it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fox said:

All 7 members.  Even the team losers come off the bench.

I have to write the script for it still, so I fully expect it to be a happy disaster when I try to run it.

Is there an ETA on how long the wait would be? Not meant to be a rushing type of question, just one asked from genuine curiosity.

58 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Is there an ETA on how long the wait would be? Not meant to be a rushing type of question, just one asked from genuine curiosity.

Well, you know, probably in the next couple days.

In the meantime why don't you guys throw out some criteria ideas for next Season's 7 slots.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

In the meantime why don't you guys throw out some criteria ideas for next Season's 7 slots.

Colour coded criteria (black suited individuals, red suited individuals, etc), specific power sets (ones that focus on fire, ones that focus on water, ones that focus on darkness etc.), flying brick category, glass cannon category, stone wall category (characters that are more durable than they are strong).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fox said:

Here are my ideas for the next season.

Slot: Thieves

For this slot, have characters that can break into places to steal things.

Slot: Bounty Hunters and Assassins

For this slot, have characters that are bounty hunters, assassins, or just hunters, and have them catch or kill a character like Doctor Doom, Riddick, Kingpin, Doctor Who, Cobra Commander, etc.

Slot: Giant Robot Battle

This slot is for characters that are Giant Robots or a person that can pilot a Giant Robot.

Slot: Spaceship Battle

This slot is for characters that are Spaceships.

Slot: Creatures as Weapons

For this slot, have characters that can use creatures as weapons. This would work for characters from shows like Pokemon, Digimon, and Bakugan.

Also thought of some Battle Terrains.

Xenomorph Hive: Characters fight each other inside a Hive full of Xenomorphs.

Mall of Zombies: Characters fight each other inside a mall full of zombies.

The Kraken: Characters fight each other on a ship as well as fighting a Giant Squid.

Fighting on a Plane: Characters fight each other inside an airplane.

• Like 1

One idea I had was to mix up a lot of the existing categories. I think the team leaders had the perfect mix of challenges for the category. Some other ideas might include:

Marksman (I think the category was actually called "projectiles"):

Archery competition, quick-draw fight a la the old west, target competition with their weapon of choice, weapon swap (they get their opponent's weapon), sniper off (they start far away/have to hit targets that are very far away), clear a room of goons (they have to take out a room full of, say, 2 dozen regular enemies as fast as possible), headshots only (a regular fight that can only be ended with a clear headshot), island fight (they are on two separate islands that are a hundred meters apart and cannot cross over to the other's island. They have a tree for cover).

Mad Scientist:

This is the category that could use the most overhaul in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, characters like Lelouch are very smart and strong contenders, but they're not "mad scientists" or "evil geniuses" in my eyes. They're moreso strategists. Some ideas to refocus this category include:

1-day prep (each combatant has basic knowledge of the other, and a lab of equipment with 1 day to work on it), target (character) (both combatants have the same target. Who takes them out faster? Examples include Superman, Batman, Captain America, Silver Surfer, etc. Characters of various power levels), Prison escape (both are thrown in prison, who makes it out first?), fully equipped (each combatant gets any equipment, weapons, and minions they canonically have. Who wins?), fix climate change (both set their minds to fixing climate change. Who can do it faster/better?), advance humanity (each has 1 year and access to as many scientists, resources, etc. they could want. Who can advance science further?).

Stuff like this would allow characters who previously fit the category, but got outshined by physically superior competition, to have their time in the sun.

Magician:

Just a few for this one:

Work the crowd (they're putting on competing magic shows. Who can win over the audience?), 

Horror Guys:

A big pitfall of this one, in my eyes, was that it ultimately still boiled down to "who can hit harder?" Some scenarios to fix that:

Scare off (the characters are given Monster's inc doors and told to scare as many people as possible in 1 night), Creature Feature (the two face off against each other in a movie-setting, but rather than simply having to kill a certain target they actually get to fight), Scare (character) (without killing the target character, who can get them to voluntarily leave their house/run away first?), Monster hunter (a famous monster hunter is after them. Who survives the longest/takes out the monster hunter first?)

• Like 1

Could always be a plot/scenario for political leaders, ie who could win an election on mars where they know nothing about said character.

Could we have team drunk/fool? Ie Homer Simpson, plenty of fun scenarios there: who goes broke fastest after winning the lottery

8 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

This was my best round yet! I will always find a way to draft Courage the Cowardly Dog, he’s been my MVP in all these things. Shout out to the Gremlins and Indiana Jones as well for also putting in work. 

Your team was so great and quirky. They hung in there until the end.

Lelouch was my MVP. He finally lost this last round but he put up a good fight. He might return if he fits a category.

• Thanks 1

Another idea for a Slot.

How about a Death Race?