Ayane vs. Kunimitsu

MATCH SCORE
Ayane: 7
Kunimitsu: 6

Mass Effect Universe vs. The Elder Scrolls Universe

MATCH SCORE
Mass Effect Universe: 5
The Elder Scrolls Universe: 4

Time Force Power Rangers vs. Choriki Sentai Ohranger vs. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

MATCH SCORE
Time Force Power Rangers: 0
Ch?riki Sentai Ohranger: 2
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 6

Sign in to follow this  
C.T.

Tournament - Mandalorian Supercommandos vs. Aslan's Army

Lightning pierced the sky, bolts that shined red clashing with the sunny sky blue and ruining an otherwise picturesque morning. Nothing signified that it would be an out of the ordinary day in the realm of Narnia. Not until this strange display of unusual weather phenomenon. It drew eyes to the sky for miles around, many a curious soul looking up to the sky above. Several grew concerned it might have been the work of dark magics, the likes of the White Witch once more meddling in unnatural powers. Others wondered if Aslan knew what transpired here...and yet more still simply appreciated the strange but ethereal beauty. Strange, sure, but interesting. Something that livened up the day for a fair few always intrigued by new happenings. 

It was just as strange on the other end. 

The conflict that would come to be known as the siege of Mandalore had just began in earnest. Death Watch and other loyalist Mandalorians that swore allegiance to the former Darth Maul drew first blood against the rebellious Mandalorians led by Bo-Katan and their allies, a detachment of the 501st dispatched to aid them. War raged throughout the capital city of Sundari. It was chaotic, destructive...awe-inspiring. This was the war that Mandalorians dreamed of, the battles they wished for, the chance for honor and glory and everything true warriors lived for. The culture of Mandalorians past...in a galaxy that had more than its fair share of warrior cultures, the Mandalorians nevertheless stood out with honor, skill, lust for good battle...this was perfection to them. The ultimate warrior culture, against not only some of their own but also clones. Beings literally bred and trained for the sole purpose of waging war. 

The thrill of battle, the chance of well-fought victory or glorious death...come what may, it called to those true Mandalorians. It was in their blood. Yet, in the middle of it all...it was stolen from them. They rushed head-on to meet their enemies in the heated battlefield, not only unleashing blaster bolts, tossing many a grenade but also physically engaging their foes in vicious hand to hand combat. The night was alive with explosions galore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u4Zu5Yjr4Y

But as the fighting grew to its peak of brutality...there came a sudden blinding flash of light, pure white that enveloped all the chaos...and then they were all gone. Mandalorians, clones, all involved in the raging conflict vanished from Sundari. 

Rook Kast, one of Lord Maul's two chief lieutenants, was the first Mandalorian to reawaken. 

In freefall. 

The wind roared as she plummeted, loud even through her helmet...and though she was beyond confused, perhaps even shocked...she was never worried. She righted herself, the jetpack adorned on her back slowing her descent until she landed upon a grassy field. A sight unfamiliar to her. It had just been black night, but now the sun was shining bright. More than that, the surroundings did not seem recognizable. A wide green plain, stretching for incredible distance. Before she had much time to ponder this, the distinct sound of other jetpacks rang out. Dozens if not hundreds of her compatriots joined her, having been swept up in the same weird situation, their fall originating from the source of the red lightning. 

One other stepped up closer, removing his horned helmet to speak with more clarity. "Rook...was that a part of Lord Maul's plan?"

"Not that I know of. I was going to ask the same thing, Gar."

Silence stretched for a time, both lieutenants confused and uncertain how to immediately proceed...but the universe saw fit to throw them a bone it seemed. A faun native of Narnia, drawn by the beauty of the lightning and the curiosity about these strangely armored warriors, approached. His white smile stretched ear to ear, a enthusiastic gait to his hooved steps. "Hello there!" He greeted and his chipper mood did not falter one bit as he got a blaster pistol leveled at him. His bright eyes marveled at the strange device, not quite sure what to make of it. 

"Where are we?" Gar demanded as Rook pushed the blaster pistol closer, the barrel now nearly touching the creature's forehead. "Why, Narnia, of course!" The faun answered. The gathered Mandalorians' confusion only grew. "That's not a planet I ever heard of." Rook remarked. 

"Neither have I. They at least speak Basic, though." Gar replied, and a quick scan of the others all shaking their heads told the same story. "Maybe some dustball in the Unknown Regions?" 

"No idea, but if so...we don't want to linger too long. Who knows what we might run into here? The Mnggal-Mnggal? Killiks? Worse?" 

"Right." Gar agreed, eyes shooting back over to glare at the faun. "You. Do you know how to get back to Mandalore from here?"

"Um...to where, now?" 

"Mandalore."

"...Never heard of it."

Gar took a few steps closer, grabbing hold of the creature by his vest. "Listen here, you. I do not know how we have come to be here, wherever here is but you will tell us how we can get back to where we were. You will do that, and you will do it now."

"I beg your most humble pardons but I truly know not of what you speak." 

"...Then you know what that makes you?"

"What?" The faun's eager face smiled even wider, curiosity shining bright in his eyes. 

"Expendable." Gar growled. The sudden blaster shot out of Rook's blaster came so swiftly, the two of them so in-sync, that the shot that dropped the creature was almost like a period finishing Gar's statement. A body hit the ground, so caught off guard that the corpse still wore that eager grin. The two turned away just as it dropped, looking to address the rest of their gathered compatriots. "Right, so he was no help. But someone here has to be. We'll move as one and find what we need to return to Lord Maul...and the battle that calls to us." Affirmative nods came from many. 

However, this scene did not go unnoticed. In the distance, unseen, several individuals fell back further into the bushes from which they'd been observing. They scurried as fast as their legs could carry them. The people had to be warned of these strange newcomers! 

---------------------------------------------------

Day turned to night and still the gathered Mandalorians had yet to encounter another living soul beyond the occasional stray animal. The mood among them had grown increasingly restless with each hour that passed, and the more impatient and temperamental among them were lashing out in anger and frustration. Rook understood, but was quick to bring them back into line with force, reminding them of discipline in a display of skill that showed why she was Lord Maul's right hand. "Gar, we may have to--"

The sudden blaring of a war horn far in the distance cut her off. Despite how far off it was, the sound was unmistakable and every helmet turned as one to face that way. Behind those visors, their displays zoomed in and enhanced the sight of numerous individuals both armed and armored with primitive looking weapons and armors. A few were much closer, approaching the gathered Mandalorians, clearly with the intention to talk. They stopped well out of stabbing range yet near enough to converse with raised voices, as one did. "Attention, strangers. You have spilled blood, unprovoked. We ask that you surrender so that you can explain and we can come to an understanding about what has transpired."

"Us, surrender?" Rook repeated, helmet tilting slightly to the left as she took that in...and burst out laughing, as did several others. "You must really not know who we are." 

"We ask again--"

Blaster fire lit up the night as a few Mandos unleashed a salvo on the small group, tearing them to shreds. "There. You think they got the message?" 

Gar's helmet focused on the distance, the sight through his visor bringing a slight unseen grin to his face. "I'd say so." There was plenty of movement down that way, with what had to be thousands of...all sorts of beings moving about. Thousands. Maybe a hundred or two Mandos. "Looks like we got something to tide us over until we figure out how to get back to Lord Maul."

"Bet I kill more than you, Gar."

"You're on, Rook." 

Learn More About
Mandalorian Supercommandos
Read more about Mandalorian Supercommandos at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucas Films Links: Wikipedia-Mandalorian Wikipedia-Mandalorian War Star Wars.com

Aslan's Army
Read more about Aslan's Army at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney Links: Wikipedia The Chronicles Narnia Wikia Idea Wiki

The scenario well visualized and the writing and dialogue are fine.  However, while the writing technicals are fine, the story itself isn't really my cup of tea. 

The Mandalorians here come across as brutish and unintelligent while the Narnians (who I myself would root for) don't feel like they got equal focus in the story.   Just my personal takeaway from the read.

Who would win?  I don't know.  I'll take the Narnians with the home field advantage in this fight, I guess.

8 hours ago, Fox said:

The scenario well visualized and the writing and dialogue are fine.  However, while the writing technicals are fine, the story itself isn't really my cup of tea. 

The Mandalorians here come across as brutish and unintelligent while the Narnians (who I myself would root for) don't feel like they got equal focus in the story.   Just my personal takeaway from the read.

Who would win?  I don't know.  I'll take the Narnians with the home field advantage in this fight, I guess.

Fair enough in regards to personal taste. Did lean more towards the Mandalorians(these ones in particular are definitely more brutish) as POV characters, aye...probably could have given some more meat to the Narnians yeah. Other than my last match a couple months ago, been years since I was in the versus match writing game. Maybe a bit rusty there. I appreciate the kind words nevertheless.

I really love how you capture the Mandalorians. You clearly know your Star Wars and I appreciate it. Glad to see someone use Star Wars characters for this tournament.

I gave it a 4 star. I'm not a fan of Narnia and there wasn't much to them in the story. Could have been a little longer but this is still a good match.

• Like 1

You've still got it, Nov --, I mean, C.T. :D 

I'm not familiar enough with Star Wars or the Narnia stories, but from a glance it looks like unless Aslan's Army has overwhelming numbers or knows powerful magic, I don't know how much of a chance they stand against the Mandalorians' superior firepower and more futuristic training.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, SSJRuss said:

I really love how you capture the Mandalorians. You clearly know your Star Wars and I appreciate it. Glad to see someone use Star Wars characters for this tournament.

I gave it a 4 star. I'm not a fan of Narnia and there wasn't much to them in the story. Could have been a little longer but this is still a good match.

Hell yeah, I love Star Wars. Huge fan of that universe. Big time SWTOR player too, love the stories there. Thanks for the compliment.

9 hours ago, DSkillz said:

You've still got it, Nov --, I mean, C.T. :D 

I'm not familiar enough with Star Wars or the Narnia stories, but from a glance it looks like unless Aslan's Army has overwhelming numbers or knows powerful magic, I don't know how much of a chance they stand against the Mandalorians' superior firepower and more futuristic training.

Aww thanks for the kind words, DSkillz! I'd hoped I wasn't too rusty. : )

Also, Aslan's army do indeed have the number advantage, ranging in the thousands against a little over a hundred Mandos. Still, would that be enough...that is the question.

6 hours ago, C.T. said:

Hell yeah, I love Star Wars. Huge fan of that universe. Big time SWTOR player too, love the stories there. Thanks for the compliment.

Oh man, me and my wife are the same. We've been playing since launch. Great game. Wish I had more time to play it, got a few characters I need to lvl...

27 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Oh man, me and my wife are the same. We've been playing since launch. Great game. Wish I had more time to play it, got a few characters I need to lvl...

Maybe you can add me and we can play some when/if you have the free time. : )

Just now, C.T. said:

Maybe you can add me and we can play some when/if you have the free time. : )

Yeah man just PM me :)

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
0 + 8 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 8 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (8 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 32 Total Stars Score
32 / 8 = 4.00 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE