Cad Bane: 4
The Wampa: 1

The Flying Nun vs. The Wizard Of Oz

MATCH SCORE
The Flying Nun: 5
The Wizard Of Oz: 3

Sign in to follow this  
SSJRuss

2nd Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi R1 M14 - King Piccolo vs. Guts the Black Swordsman

JR: We're back, folks. We hope you've enjoyed that video package highlighting the first annual tournament.

Roshi: I lost last year, but seeing that video reminded me how glad I am to not have faced some of those men and women.

JR: Funny you mention that, Roshi. Looks who coming down to the ring now.

Roshi: Mmh, Guts the Black Swordsman. He cleaved his way to the final round of the tournament, only to come short of 1st place.

JR: Nothing wrong with second place, but I can tell by the look in his man's eye he wasn't too happy about it.

Roshi: This will be his redemption then. He'll have to start here in round one, going toe-to-toe with the vile King Piccolo!

JR: He's someone you've exchanged blows with in the past, Master Roshi. If you could give Guts any advice, what would it be?

Roshi: To turn the other way. Piccolo has killed me once before and I wouldn't want this young man to suffer the same fate as I did.

JR: He doesn't seem the type to run from a fight.

Roshi: No, and he may not live long enough to regret it.

Guts: You some kind of demon?

Piccolo: Demon King, actually.

*Guts cracks his neck and pulls out his sword*

Guts: Good.

Piccolo: And why would that be a good thing?

Guts: Because. I won't feel bad when I kill you.

King Piccolo VS Guts

Each combatant will have respected powers and equipment that they can carry into the ring. No outside help or influence. No prior knowledge of each other's capabilities.
Tournament standard ring from Dragon Ball.

Ring Out, Knockout, or Death all count as elimination.

Learn More About
King Piccolo
Read more about King Piccolo at Wikipedia
Official Site: Funimation Links: Wikipedia Anime Vice Dragon Ball Wiki

Guts the Black Swordsman
Read more about Guts the Black Swordsman at Wikipedia
Official Site: Kentaro Miura Links: Wikipedia Article on Berserk Fan's Profile on Gut Preview of Volume 1 of manga

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Oh man, you had to do my main man Guts dirty like that

Do I think this will be Guts' toughest challenge? Yes.

Do I think he can handle it? Absolutely.

Piccolo will try and toy with Guts and underestimate him. Guts gets in there and cuts him a new one, probably taking off an arm. He is fast enough to dodge lightening and that is more than he needs to rush Piccolo.

10 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Do I think this will be Guts' toughest challenge? Yes.

Do I think he can handle it? Absolutely.

Piccolo will try and toy with Guts and underestimate him. Guts gets in there and cuts him a new one, probably taking off an arm. He is fast enough to dodge lightening and that is more than he needs to rush Piccolo.

I don't know if that's true. Piccolo him is massively hypersonic too, and probably faster than Guts. Dragon Ball scales crazy high. Roshi, who is far weaker than Piccolo, casually destroyed the moon. I honestly think this is because Toriyama didn't understand how big the moon was, but it is a feat nevertheless. Even if Guts gets a wild hit in and amputates an arm, Piccolo can just regrow it. He's much stronger, probably faster, and incredibly durable, and he has a range advantage on top of all that. Berserker Armor Guts could maybe has a puncher's chance, but it's really not likely

20 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't know if that's true. Piccolo him is massively hypersonic too, and probably faster than Guts. Dragon Ball scales crazy high. Roshi, who is far weaker than Piccolo, casually destroyed the moon. I honestly think this is because Toriyama didn't understand how big the moon was, but it is a feat nevertheless. Even if Guts gets a wild hit in and amputates an arm, Piccolo can just regrow it. He's much stronger, probably faster, and incredibly durable, and he has a range advantage on top of all that. Berserker Armor Guts could maybe has a puncher's chance, but it's really not likely

Piccolo can regrow his arm, but no way Guts gives him a chance.

And if Guts we close enough to the moon, I have no doubt he'd be able to cut it in half. He's cut some big dudes.

And Guts would have his Berserker armor in this fight, making him even more relentless.

28 minutes ago, Lordofice said:

King picclo has no competition with guts its a one sided battle

Not  from what I'm seeing. Guts has shown faster speed than KP and he's probably got more stamina in him. Unless he gets killed or ring out, Guts isn't stopping. Guts doesn't feel pain so he won't have that barrier holding him back. Yes, Guts is shy of KP's striking power and doesn't have ki attacks and that doesn't do him favors here, but it's by no means one sided.

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Not  from what I'm seeing. Guts has shown faster speed than KP and he's probably got more stamina in him. Unless he gets killed or ring out, Guts isn't stopping. Guts doesn't feel pain so he won't have that barrier holding him back. Yes, Guts is shy of KP's striking power and doesn't have ki attacks and that doesn't do him favors here, but it's by no means one sided.

I disagree on all accounts. Guts is a lightning dodger at his fastest. In the next Dragon Ball arc, Goku has to dodge lightning in his training. Granted, this probably means that Guts' reaction speed is a bit faster, but his movement speed is nowhere near as fast, nor is his combat speed. When fighting that Butterfly Chick, who was hypersonic, Guts had to take a massive hit in order to attack her, because he wasn't actually fast enough to move into position and hit her, only fast enough to see her and slightly reposition. Guts really doesn't have a win condition here. Piccolo has the range, in comparably fast, potentially even much faster depending on how to scale it, and is so much stronger it's not even funny. Piccolo bodies ever member of the cast of moon-busters, mountain busters, and hypersonic martial artists. The dragon ball universe is so much more powerful than the Berserk universe, and Piccolo was by far the strongest villain up to that point. Guts is strong and tough, but he's just outmatched here.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if that "Guts could cut apart the moon" thing was a joke, but no, he really couldn't. His best strength feats put him at maybe Spiderman-level strength

On 8/18/2020 at 3:17 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

I disagree on all accounts. Guts is a lightning dodger at his fastest. In the next Dragon Ball arc, Goku has to dodge lightning in his training. Granted, this probably means that Guts' reaction speed is a bit faster, but his movement speed is nowhere near as fast, nor is his combat speed. When fighting that Butterfly Chick, who was hypersonic, Guts had to take a massive hit in order to attack her, because he wasn't actually fast enough to move into position and hit her, only fast enough to see her and slightly reposition. Guts really doesn't have a win condition here. Piccolo has the range, in comparably fast, potentially even much faster depending on how to scale it, and is so much stronger it's not even funny. Piccolo bodies ever member of the cast of moon-busters, mountain busters, and hypersonic martial artists. The dragon ball universe is so much more powerful than the Berserk universe, and Piccolo was by far the strongest villain up to that point. Guts is strong and tough, but he's just outmatched here.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if that "Guts could cut apart the moon" thing was a joke, but no, he really couldn't. His best strength feats put him at maybe Spiderman-level strength

You make good points, though I guess we just agree to disagree.

But to add to your point that I had not thought about, Piccolo has other abilities that I forgot about. He can grow supersized and has telepathic powers. That might push him over the edge of what's possible for Guts, even in my point of view.

19 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

You make good points, though I guess we just agree to disagree.

But to add to your point that I had not thought about, Piccolo has other abilities that I forgot about. He can grow supersized and has telepathic powers. That might push him over the edge of what's possible for Guts, even in my point of view.

I really don't see how Guts can even hurt him. Roshi is a moon buster at the beginning of the series. By this point in the series, Goku is far more powerful than Roshi was, and even he just about loses to Piccolo. Piccolo survives many, many attacks from a confirmed moon-buster+. Guts is, if I'm being extremely generous, a building-buster, maybe. He has no win condition. He won't even really be able to get a ring out because he can't stagger Piccolo. The power difference is way too big.

Don't get me wrong, I love Guts. He's one of my favorite manga characters ever. I like him way more than I like King Piccolo, and I like King Piccolo more than any other Dragon Ball villain. But a lot of what makes Berserk good, and what makes Guts an interesting character, is that he's riding a very dangerous line. Enemies way weaker than Piccolo almost kill Guts on a daily basis, but his determination, grit, and pure strength allow him to rise up. Unfortunately, this is a challenge on a whole other tier than what Guts can face. The absolute strongest non-abstract Berserk character isn't anywhere close to Piccolo's world-threatening raw power. He simply has no way to win.

28 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

@Peypeypeypey I'm convinced these matches exist solely to spite you. 😂

I really wouldn't mind if people we actually debating about it. Who are these 5 other people who voted for Guts and why