Jump to content

Bibendum, the Michelin Man vs. Christine

MATCH SCORE
Bibendum, the Michelin Man: 6
Christine: 2

Bear Grylls vs. Jason Voorhees

MATCH SCORE
Bear Grylls: 4
Jason Voorhees: 9

K' vs. Ken Masters

MATCH SCORE
K': 2
Ken Masters: 8

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Sie Kensou

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 17
Sie Kensou: 1

Rachel vs. Shura

MATCH SCORE
Rachel: 7
Shura: 2

Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

OMFG

Tales of Belleterra, Adventurer's Guild - RP

Recommended Posts

The party walked in to Big Bertha's hut.

There, at her desk, sat Big Bertha. A beast of a woman, almost 7 feet tall it surprising that she is full human and no mixed with giant. Around her papers were scattered all over the desk, Berth had on a pair of spectacles analyzing the paperwork, being a bandit did have some measure of paperwork to be done.

She glanced at the party and scowled.

"What did I say of bringing in travelers unannounced?" She barked at her subordinates, frustration straining her big face.

"Boss, these people want to speak with you," one of the bandit s explained, "They have some sort of proposition for us, looks like they don't quite approve of us beating up people and stealing their money for fun."

Bertha stared at the party, it was clear that she was thinking, as if a tiny hamster was running on a wheel inside her head, each thought calculated and cunning.

"What exactly do you have in mind?" Bertha asked them, the question aimed at no one in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OMFG said:

The party walked in to Big Bertha's hut.

There, at her desk, sat Big Bertha. A beast of a woman, almost 7 feet tall it surprising that she is full human and no mixed with giant. Around her papers were scattered all over the desk, Berth had on a pair of spectacles analyzing the paperwork, being a bandit did have some measure of paperwork to be done.

She glanced at the party and scowled.

"What did I say of bringing in travelers unannounced?" She barked at her subordinates, frustration straining her big face.

"Boss, these people want to speak with you," one of the bandit s explained, "They have some sort of proposition for us, looks like they don't quite approve of us beating up people and stealing their money for fun."

Bertha stared at the party, it was clear that she was thinking, as if a tiny hamster was running on a wheel inside her head, each thought calculated and cunning.

"What exactly do you have in mind?" Bertha asked them, the question aimed at no one in particular.

"I must ask first if you've killed anyone in your mugging." Said Corvo when it seemed no one else was going to talk before he elaborated.

"Also, the one who attacked you all from before is dead. Buried some four hours down the road, after an attempt to strong arm is into obeying them to burn you all out or some drivel like that. We're not violently inclined and truly do wish a peaceful solution but if you've all killed innocent travelers than madame, that may well change our meeting now."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"I must ask first if you've killed anyone in your mugging." Said Corvo when it seemed no one else was going to talk before he elaborated.

"Also, the one who attacked you all from before is dead. Buried some four hours down the road, after an attempt to strong arm is into obeying them to burn you all out or some drivel like that. We're not violently inclined and truly do wish a peaceful solution but if you've all killed innocent travelers than madame, that may well change our meeting now."

"It is true what my associate is saying," Clara responds, "Hasn't enough blood been shed, far too much, already?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"I must ask first if you've killed anyone in your mugging." Said Corvo when it seemed no one else was going to talk before he elaborated.

"Also, the one who attacked you all from before is dead. Buried some four hours down the road, after an attempt to strong arm is into obeying them to burn you all out or some drivel like that. We're not violently inclined and truly do wish a peaceful solution but if you've all killed innocent travelers than madame, that may well change our meeting now."

"Hello, my name is Farley. As my partner has said, we come seeking peace for the region. We have no intention to fight, just to ask you that you consider a proposal to disband your raids and violent merriment. Please."

Farley would give Big Bertha the same warmth and smile that he gave the guards earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cliff just stands off to the side and practices his spinning axe trick. He puts one end of the pole flat on the floor and keeps his finger pressing down firmly on the top end. He then bats at the flat part of the axe blade, making it spin. When it spins, the Runic Language engraved into the blade looks nifty.

Cliff thinks about his axe. It's a nice axe. Better construction than the spears, dagger, or shield he carries with him. A gift from the giants, hence the Runic language inscription. He has no idea what it says, probably something like "May the All-Father guide you."

He's getting really good at it now. After he gets it spinning up to speed, he can take his finger off the top and keep it going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, once everyone was peacefully lead inside, Muggy hurried to catch up with them. He knew it was going well because of his completely legitimate peephole, that he improvised for this very purpose. 
 

When he rejoined the group, their way was led by a very shrinking red-headed ranger, who was practically molesting Farley. With scratches behind the ears, and sweet talk. 
 

A great envy rose in him. He wanted to get pet by this wilderness trekking stunner. He began scheming ways to get her attention on him as they were lead to the boss lady’s tent. 
 

He entered and was immediately encountered with a massive, Amazonian woman. He thought she was cute too, but had nothing on their guide. 
 

While his Tortle friend spoke to the big boss. He got the attention of the red-head, “Hey, I’m Muggy, pleased to meet you, you look tough, do you want to join our Adventuring Crew?” He presented her with the spare Guild badge he obtained from Elbine’s body. 
 

(using charisma)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"I must ask first if you've killed anyone in your mugging." Said Corvo when it seemed no one else was going to talk before he elaborated.

"Also, the one who attacked you all from before is dead. Buried some four hours down the road, after an attempt to strong arm is into obeying them to burn you all out or some drivel like that. We're not violently inclined and truly do wish a peaceful solution but if you've all killed innocent travelers than madame, that may well change our meeting now."

Bertha looked at him, carefully collecting her thoughts.

"If yer question is have we actually murdered someone, the answer is no. If someone we beat later dies of their wounds, than that ain't our fault  we take what we want to survive, and that's dat." 

She slams her hand on the table in front of her, fury in her eyes.

"Is that a threat her making there boy? You come inta our camp and threaten us?!" She barked.

The atmosphere in the room changed, and Bertha's voice showed it. Four more armed guards rushed to the door, to see what the commotion was about.

Her anger caused her to completely disregard Clara and Farley's attempt at peace, Bertha was not going to let some man come into their camp and make veiled threats.

 

4 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

 

A great envy rose in him. He wanted to get pet by this wilderness trekking stunner. He began scheming ways to get her attention on him as they were lead to the boss lady’s tent. 
 

He entered and was immediately encountered with a massive, Amazonian woman. He thought she was cute too, but had nothing on their guide. 
 

While his Tortle friend spoke to the big boss. He got the attention of the red-head, “Hey, I’m Muggy, pleased to meet you, you look tough, do you want to join our Adventuring Crew?” He presented her with the spare Guild badge he obtained from Elbine’s body. 
 

(using charisma)

OOC: Roll fail

IC: 

The redheaded bandit looked at with disgust, surprising a gag.

"I'm allergic to fish..." She muttered, before slowly moving closer to the other guards who walked into the gate.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OMFG said:

Bertha looked at him, carefully collecting her thoughts.

"If yer question is have we actually murdered someone, the answer is no. If someone we beat later dies of their wounds, than that ain't our fault  we take what we want to survive, and that's dat." 

"If you don't mind me saying this, but that is truly a terrible philosophy." Clara replied, "Taking what you want, in order to survive, does not make you any better than the men who take advantage of women like us. If you want to be live yourself up to be the better sex than these guys, then use your voice rather than your fists & steel. Otherwise you're falling right back into man's little game that they always do."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cliff is keeping the axe going. "It's nice to have something to do while everyone is chatting," he thinks to himself. "I wonder, could I spin the axe in one direction, and place my shield on top of the axe and spin it the other direction?" He considers trying now, but decides it's far too adventurous of a thing to attempt today.

He would instead continue spinning his axe, waiting for when communication falls apart and he starts swinging the axe instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muggy was internally shattered, but tried not to sell it on his face (poorly, but he did try). 
 

He attempted to mend their precariously perched, fledgling friendship and start over. 
 

He put the badge back in his pocket and continued, “Excuse me, Red Ranger, I believe we got off on the wrong foot, my name is Muggy and I’m a huge fan of those whole vibe you have going on here, lessbefranns.”

He stick out his fin for a traditional human handshake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Boob Tube said:

"If you don't mind me saying this, but that is truly a terrible philosophy." Clara replied, "Taking what you want, in order to survive, does not make you any better than the men who take advantage of women like us. If you want to be live yourself up to be the better sex than these guys, then use your voice rather than your fists & steel. Otherwise you're falling right back into man's little game that they always do."

Big Bertha eyed the travelers quietly, thinking.

"Well...as it currently stands I have 15 of us standing guard outside the door, try anything and you all die." She explained, while the other bandits smacked their swords on their shields as a show of force.

"However..." She continued, "If you were to perform a simple task for me, I'll consider yer request."

Bertha dug into her sizable cleavage, and retrieved a crumpled up letter.

"My ex husband lives in Eastrun, give him this, you will have no reason to return. If he does what is asked of him, I will know."  A sad look slowly manifested in her face, covering the original anger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OMFG said:

Big Bertha eyed the travelers quietly, thinking.

"Well...as it currently stands I have 15 of us standing guard outside the door, try anything and you all die." She explained, while the other bandits smacked their swords on their shields as a show of force.

"However..." She continued, "If you were to perform a simple task for me, I'll consider yer request."

Bertha dug into her sizable cleavage, and retrieved a crumpled up letter.

"My ex husband lives in Eastrun, give him this, you will have no reason to return. If he does what is asked of him, I will know."  A sad look slowly manifested in her face, covering the original anger.

"Oh. Of course we could do that." It was simple enough and he took the letter,giving a short bow.

"Thank you for your time, we leave in peace."

And he turned and walked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"Oh. Of course we could do that." It was simple enough and he took the letter,giving a short bow.

"Thank you for your time, we leave in peace."

And he turned and walked out.

As his comrade turned to leave, Muggy’s fin was still outstretched to the Red-Headed Ranger, “Looks like we’ll take our leave, bug-bye.” He didn’t turn to leave tho, he jus ever so slightly stretched his limb closer to her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Confession FPT said:

As his comrade turned to leave, Muggy’s fin was still outstretched to the Red-Headed Ranger, “Looks like we’ll take our leave, bug-bye.” He didn’t turn to leave tho, he jus ever so slightly stretched his limb closer to her. 

Having failed to realize that the bandit was actually allergic to fish, Muggy was unfortunately left hanging.

 

And so, the party began to venture back to Eastrun, eager to report their discoveries to Drondos. Perhaps now they would be upgraded to Silver ranked adventurers, and not just lowly Copper rank.

The walk back to Eastrun was fairly quiet, as they were no reported sightings of enemies in the road back to the city. Taking the road would always allow them to travel faster than cutting through the forest, plus it was many degrees safer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

"Hey, someone read that note. I want to know what we're getting ourselves into here."

“I don’t like them Amazonian babes,” Muggy pouted, outwardly butthurt, “I’m not inclined to do anything they say.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bergy_Berg said:

"Hey, someone read that note. I want to know what we're getting ourselves into here."

This made sense and Corvo opened the note.

Just now, Confession FPT said:

“I don’t like them Amazonian babes,” Muggy pouted, outwardly butthurt, “I’m not inclined to do anything they say.” 

"They were an unpleasant bunch,weren't they? Irregardless we have, technically done what we were here to do-to report on them and not simply burn them to a crisp."

In this at least, he was inclined to give Elbine credit where it was due. After meeting them, he was of the opinion that perhaps it was better to burn and salt the earth where they had camped.

"At any rate my friend, perhaps it was for the best. Following orders is as important as knowing which ones to follow. Besides, imagine how strange it'd be if we were all the same too." His lip might have twitched in a smile as he added.

"If we were all of the same mind as Elbine, every dark corner would be crowded as we joust for position and make incredibly grim commentary."

He went back to reading the letter and doing so aloud for the benefit of the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugo Fowl said:

"If we were all of the same mind as Elbine, every dark corner would be crowded as we joust for position and make incredibly grim commentary."

He went back to reading the letter and doing so aloud for the benefit of the rest.

Opening the letter, it was evident it was just a common letter, no spells or illusions masking the original message. 

"Drondos,

I see you sent out one of your little adventuring crews to bother me and the girls. Hope many times do I have to tell you, the only way we will stop is if you stop leaving the damn toilet seat up! It's hard enough as it is being a women in today's time, only to come home and find the seat up. It's not hard to put down! Fix this, and I'll consider disbanding our group and coming back to you. Until then, you know where to find us.

Love, Bertha."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumbfounded, Muggy whispered, “Drondos sent us into a highly dangerous situation that got one of us MURDERED over his domestic latrine situation?” 
 

Then the other shoe dropped. “We MURDERED someone over this! We’re chaotic evil now!” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OMFG said:

Opening the letter, it was evident it was just a common letter, no spells or illusions masking the original message. 

"Drondos,

I see you sent out one of your little adventuring crews to bother me and the girls. Hope many times do I have to tell you, the only way we will stop is if you stop leaving the damn toilet seat up! It's hard enough as it is being a women in today's time, only to come home and find the seat up. It's not hard to put down! Fix this, and I'll consider disbanding our group and coming back to you. Until then, you know where to find us.

Love, Bertha."

 

"-Love Bertha."

Corvo folded up the letter and gave a smile or at least,moved his mouth muscles to make a smile.

A chilling air radiated from him, his fingers flexed to his sword as he said very calmly.

"I'm so glad that all these attacks are done for the most banal of reasons. And that the person in charge of our adventuring group won't do anything about it since his spouse is apparently in charge of it. Doesn't it make you feel like all our efforts were for the best? That we spent our time doing something worthwhile and worthy of our talents?" He began to laugh and it was cold as the rest of his words, biting and harsh now.

"To think too that Elbine thought to ambush and attack us over...A toilet seat matter. Ok, that's a little funny in a grim way." Corvo admitted before he burst out laughing.

His wings flicked out and he suddenly stopped.

"I'll keep an eye out. Red sparks is danger, yellow is unsure. Green is friends."

And he took off into the skies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I know some of you, or all of you, are against murder in principle. But I think Drondos has it coming. And maybe Bertha as well."

3 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

Then the other shoe dropped. “We MURDERED someone over this! We’re chaotic evil now!” 

"Not us. Drondos and Bertha are chaotic evil. One is willing to get people killed because he won't put a toilet seat down. The other ran off to become a bandit leader because her fucking husband won't put the toilet seat down. We're just the morons who got suckered into the dumbest lover's dispute ever.
I have an awful feeling Drondos will be telling us it is simply impossible for him to change, and we will still have to deal with this bullshit."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

"I know some of you, or all of you, are against murder in principle. But I think Drondos has it coming. And maybe Bertha as well."

"Not us. Drondos and Bertha are chaotic evil. One is willing to get people killed because he won't put a toilet seat down. The other ran off to become a bandit leader because her fucking husband won't put the toilet seat down. We're just the morons who got suckered into the dumbest lover's dispute ever.
I have an awful feeling Drondos will be telling us it is simply impossible for him to change, and we will still have to deal with this bullshit."

“So what are we gonna do?” the fishman fretted, “We’re stuck between a set of rock hard abs and a hard of hearing old man. Do we pick a side? Which side would we pick? Do they both go down? If we arrest our boss, do we stay together with no leadership?” The future was uncertain, and their time together had jus started. He was finally part of an adventuring party and he could already see it crumbling apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One day, several weeks ago, at the Church of Healing Unity soup kitchen


Komi was doing her usual job of helping to feed the needy who came in, and some of the acolytes too, as they often ate there as well, to socialize and evangelize the beggars who came in. It came to pass that a particular winged tiefling was the last in line for the meal. He  smiled a lot and always tried to talk to Komi but she was too shy so far to respond. This time - panic! He was the last in line, so there was no one else to focus on! When he asked if she would sit with him and eat, there was no way she could refuse!

Numbly, she nodded and grabbed the lunch she'd packed for herself - that she intended to eat out on the balcony, alone, and followed him to whatever table he chose to go to.
Komi had yet to say a word.

She had never been among the people who scorned him, at least among their peer group. Though it was mostly an attitude carried over from the more conservative members of the faith, nonetheless it had been something picked up by everyone else. As though a tiefling was something to be hated, despised and even feared. Nothing open of course, there were far too many eyes for it. It was little things. Teachers would ignore him when he had questions or mock him if he didn't know the material.

He'd practice alone or with those who didn't feel that way, scarce as they were. Food would sometimes be burned or over salted when given...Little things. But not from her. His food was never harmed when he came in line after finishing his work here, though she had yet to speak back.

They were in the same age group he knew that much, though growing up she had always been quiet too.She never laughed at him anyway. That put her in the clear minority. Now finally, here they were...Eating together before he finally spoke. "I'm going to leave in a week."

Komi stared at him for a long moment before saying, softly, "You shouldn't quit. I think you are a very sweet person." 

She was blushing furiously and looking down at the remains of her lunch. She had a very artfully crafted charcuterie of meats, cheeses and delicate bread slices that she'd meticulously assemble into tiny sandwiches one at a time. There was only enough left for a couple more of these at this point.

"You shouldn't let bullies run you off." She added, staring firmly at a particular piece of bread that was vaguely heart-shaped.

He blinked and then smiled warmly at her. "That's sweet of you to say. But that's not why I'm leaving...Well, not entirely." His fingers stroked the handle of his sword in a contemplative gesture as he spoke on. "I'm taking my Quest for Truth early. The Abbot thinks I'm ready and so do I. I figured I'd start off in Eastrun City."

He took a few bites of his food, swallowed and went on. "They're having a shortage of adventurers and I figured I could hone my skills and start off there with Jessamine."

There was so much to unpack there. She had been told she was ready for her Quest for some time now, but she was too meek to go on her own. The embarrassment continued when he mentioned Jessamine. "Jessamine is your... girlfriend then?"

She kept her eyes off of him, busying herself with making her next mini sandwich.

He snorted with laughter. "No. She's my partner." He held up his sword as he added dryly. "After Master Jinn took me to....Er, celebrate my eighteenth birthday I found her in a corner calling to me. She's a spirit who lives in my sword and loves to flirt with me for some reason. I expect its mostly just a reaction."

There were at least four blinks before Komi spoke, and the bonnet on her head seemed to ride higher than usual. If Corvo was observant enough, he'd make out the outlines of the Neko ears that manifested when she was exceptionally startled or surprised. She knew she had to say something so she offered up a random fact about herself. "I'm nineteen, myself."

He smiled. "Me too. I've had her for a year now and some months." He placed the sword back and leaned forward as he added. "I know it's normal to wait. But I feel ready. And I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye to possibly one of my few friends here."

If it were possible, her eyes widened further. "I'm.... I'm your friend?" She looked at him for a moment before she looked down again and devoured her second-to-last sandwich so she'd have an excuse not to say anything more. Only one excuse left. She thought to herself.

He blinked and then looked briefly unsettled as he asked. "I'm sorry if I made a mistake. It's just...Well, never mind then."

Her mouth opened. No words came out. Quick! Do something! Her inner voice told her. So she grabbed his hand, almost violently. Words would not come, so she just nodded furiously, which caused her bonnet to slip back, revealing the extra set of ears that showed up now and then, followed by a squeak as she used her free hand to attempt to cover them up, to little avail.

Oh.

That was forward. He could feel his sword almost burning, though curiosity compelled him to look closer. His free hand reached out, gently tugging off her bonnet as he blinked. "...Are you like me?" There was a brief note or wonder in his tone before he chuckled and said warmly. "I like it. It's cute."

Komi shrugged and shook her head. "...N-no. I don't think so anyway. Both my parents are human, but now and then... this happens. Maybe I have some tabaxi or... more likely, kitsune... in my lineage somewhere. I..."

She paused and shrugged again. "...I can't control when it happens, and they go away after awhile. It's why I always wear a bonnet."
Exceedingly self-conscious now, she realized she was holding his hand and jerked it back, as if she'd burned herself. "I... I think I'd like to be considered your friend, Corvo."

He smiled, a little shy and quite happy. That was a turn of phrase he didn't hear often and it was nice to hear. He just wished it had been done sooner. He would have known her better as he said suddenly. "So when are you going on your quest?"

She squeaked again. "...I don't know. I suppose soon, but I should give them time to find a replacement for me."

She tapped her forefingers together. "What if I'm not ready? Do you think I'm ready? I could maybe... Find you in Eastrun?"

He nodded. "Yes. I'll be there. If not working."

Komi looked around nervously - as if she did much any other way, then leaned forward lightning-fast and kissed Corvo on the cheek. "For luck."
She stood up. "I should go help them with the dishes." A quick bow and she was gone, fluttering back to the kitchen. One thing he did notice though, that when she retreated, the cat ears had disappeared again.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Confession FPT said:

“So what are we gonna do?” the fishman fretted, “We’re stuck between a set of rock hard abs and a hard of hearing old man. Do we pick a side? Which side would we pick? Do they both go down? If we arrest our boss, do we stay together with no leadership?” The future was uncertain, and their time together had jus started. He was finally part of an adventuring party and he could already see it crumbling apart. 

Farley was surprised by the events that had occurred. He wanted to talk more but he couldn't find the words. He was beginning to understand the wise words told to him, 'Those who have something to say, will say it. Those who don't, will not.'

Thinking about the letter she gave them, he was skeptical if Bertha would keep her word. Then they read the letter...

"I think we converse with Drondos on this matter. But my gut tells me that we should stay out of this. I think good of people, but I feel he may have used us because we were inexperienced."

"I propose we take Drondos to her. Force a conversation between the two and leave it at that. If Bertha left for something so simple, then I feel Drondos won't be easily swayed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As her fellow adventurer's move on, Elbine awakens in a treeline, all her clothes removed. Doing her best to hide behind a tree to hide herself by any passersby, she desperately tries to recall what happened. She remembers kneeling down outside the camp, she had decided she was going to take her companion's advice and stay back. She then recalls a man walking up to her saying he can feel her conflict Elbine confused as ever walked to the man before suddenly becoming incresibly dizzy. In the last moments of her hazy memory, she recalls looking up at... Herself? Did a Changling steal her appearance? If so, what has happened, and where are here guild members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...