Ayane vs. Kunimitsu

MATCH SCORE
Ayane: 7
Kunimitsu: 6

Sign in to follow this  
RakaiThwei

Possible Return

Hey there everyone!

It seems that we've come quite a long way in life in the last seven years since ElectricFerret was more or less rendered inactive by 2013 and I hope that a lot of you are doing a lot better than I am in life. Some of you might know me as that Predator guy who wrote up all of those Predator storylines over at the CBUB while also possessing a near encyclopedic knowledge of the Predator lore. For those of you who don't know me, well... I am an old head from the CBUB back from 2008 to 2013 and often wrote up matches involving Alien vs Predator characters to give them good records and build them up to take on the more popular heroes of Marvel and DC, but I feel like now... it was moot, despite the fun which I had in doing it.

However, in the last ten years I've seen my beloved franchise more or less go on the decline, go through a massive retconning in the EU material , and then being sold off to Disney and then release an abysmal movie in 2018...

However, in the last... nine of so years, I've rediscovered my passion for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the recent on-going IDW series, and I've developed something of a mild respect for Marvel and DC heroes, especially since TMNT has crossed over with Batman in the form of comics and most recently an animated movie.

As for doing Predator matches, I don't think I will be continuing any of those anymore as I want to distance myself from the franchise due to the 2010 and 2018 films, as well as the fact that the franchise is now in the hands of the Disney corporation and 30 years of story telling in the form of the EU is going to be or has been undone, now with Marvel taking the licenses from Dark Horse.

I am not sure who is here, or who is still around but... I am glad to see that this site is SOMEWHAT active again. I also plan on adding more characters in the meantime.

-Rakai'Thwei

• Like 2

Not sure if you remember me either. Wasn't super active but I voted on nearly every match that I came across.

I remember reading one or two of your matches. I was never the biggest fan of AVP but I need the material well enough and I like your stuff for what I remember.

That being said, Don't feel bad for the super long match setups. Sometimes it's necessary for a story. 🙂

Also, glad you're back

I seem to remember you well enough!

Yeah, I wanted to write something which was a long running thing but at the same time I got the impression that people were getting tired of them, so I stopped for a time and when the CBUB went inactive and seemingly migrated to Magnetic Fox forums, it seemed to lose it's appeal to me. So for a while, I just lost interest and just moved onto other things for a while, and looked for other things to be interested in, you know?

But  a lot has happened in my life, and now that I am in my thirties... I have to start doing more with my life because around 2014, my family lost EVERYTHING and we were homeless for about a year. We bounced from relatives houses, going from state to state, living out of the car and eating junk food to survive... And then I landed a gig at Toys R Us which lasted me about three years, and it was definitely NOT the ideal job for someone who is a film and comic book geek here. Ha ha ha ha ha! And as you know, the company folded in 2018, and I was jobless for a year once again, and I was bouncing from apartment to apartment because of noisy neighbors...

I still have noisy upstairs neighbors, and am trying to get into the process of moving again but seeing as there is nothing in the real estate market, well... my family is pretty much screwed.

On the upside... I have a new job, working at Jo-Ann Fabrics Arts and Crafts, and it's a much better, easier, and friendlier job than Toys R Us! I've been there for about a year, and I feel like a valued employee over there.

• Like 1

Rakai! Welcome back! :D 

Yeah, we're still waiting to see more of the old guard come back into the fold, but Russ, IKA (I_KNOW_ALL), VCM, Z451, myself, and others are regulars, and we have seen the likes of Hugo, Nova (now called C. T., IIRC), Jaeger (Indolent), and many of the FPL vets. In the meantime, I hope you start having better fortune in RL and find your writing groove again.

BTW, if you're interested, there's an upcoming match tournament involving characters from the 1980's.

Rakai!

Its good to see you man, I always admired the hard work you put into your matches, and the knowledge you had about each of the characters you used.

Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear about the tragedies that occurred to you in the past years, but its good to hear that you're doing okay right now.

Hey there Z451, I definitely remember you although I distinctly remember you having an avatar of Temura Morrison!

Yeah, I went through a lot in my life and am still going through a lot in my life and it hasn't gotten much easier now that I am in my thirties and am only getting older, and therefore have more responsibilities now that I am the sole man in the family now since my Dad bailed out on us when I was thirteen and really sealed the deal when he decided to move down to Florida away from me and my Mom three years back!

I am not sure if I will be writing up any matches, and I will no longer be doing anymore Predator matches... That franchise as far as I am concerned, is relatively dead with the release of that god awful 2018 sequel, The Predator, and now with Disney owning ALL of Twentieth Century Fox's intellectual properties, I do not seeing boding very well for the future of Alien and Predator, and now with Marvel getting the publishing rights and Dark Horse losing them, we're looking at a situation where thirty years of storytelling through the EU is going to be undone. So... everything I used in the previous debates, is a safe bet that it's now no longer canon.

I am happier with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so you might see me do something with those characters... Both Mirage and IDW continuities.

-Rakai'Thwei