Ashley J. Williams vs. Negan

MATCH SCORE
Ashley J. Williams: 2
Negan: 7

Teletubbies vs. Sesame Street

MATCH SCORE
Teletubbies: 7
Sesame Street: 4

Anthony Gallen vs. Colombian Cartel (Grand Theft Auto)

MATCH SCORE
Anthony Gallen: 7
Colombian Cartel (Grand Theft Auto): 2

Sir Dan Fortesque vs. Brook

MATCH SCORE
Sir Dan Fortesque: 3
Brook: 9

Sign in to follow this  
The Boob Tube

Match 14727 Joey Wheeler and Yami Marik vs. Seto Kaiba and Maximillion Pegasus

Episode 191

Match 2: Duel of Fates

Jay: “Welcome back folks! If you are just joining us, you missed one heck of a unique matchup with an even more interesting stipulation.”

Pat: “Right you are, Jay. As I said before, not every match is going to be a throwdown with fists. Sometimes we here at CBUB would like to throw in interesting twists for our combatants.”

Jay: “And speaking of ‘interesting matchups,’ we have another coming your way in just a few minutes. As the most popular friends and villains, from the Yugioh realm, are about to square off in a tag team card match with their favorite monster cards.”

Pat: “Yugioh has always been one of those popular card games among millennials, so we asked ourselves what would happen if the very best and the very worst came together in a duel for the ages?”

Jay: “Or, at the very least, fill up another slot on this show.”

Pat: “Well yes, that was also our first idea. But nevertheless we have all four of the fan favorites here tonight! Joey Wheeler, Seto Kaiba, Yami Marik, and Maximillion Pegasus.”

Jay: “All four of these individuals have their gripes with one another, but tonight they will be forced to team up to take on their other bitter rivals. Ain’t life just grand?”

Pat: “Luckily for us our CBUB interviewer, Harley Quinn, is with two of our combatants right now to see what’s going on in their minds tonight. Harley, take away!”

Harley: “Thanks Pat! I am here, right now, with teenage billionaire Seto Kaiba and Joey Wheeler! Boys, what do you think about tonight’s card match?”

Seto: “I am glad you asked, Ms. Quinn. As much as I do not like who I’m partnering up with in this match, I will say that it will be a pleasure to humiliate Joey Wheeler again. Only this time, it’ll be in front of the whole multiverse.”

Joey: “Hey Kaiba! You ‘ave no idea whatchu gotten yourself into here. Sure you may ‘ave gotten the better of me, on more than one occasion, ---”

Seto: “Try more than the fingers on both of my hands, Wheeler.”

Joey: “Why I oughta!”

Harley: “Alright, anime boys, settle down. We don’t wanna cause a ruckus backstage now, do we?”

Pegasus: “Oh of course not, Harley.”

Harley: “Oh my gosh! It’s Maximillion Pegasus, the creator of duel monsters.”

Pegasus: “In the flesh.”

Seto: “What are you doing here?”

Pegasus: “To make sure you behave yourself tonight, Kaiba boy. Afterall, we are teammates and teammates need to work on a strategy to--”

Seto: “I don’t NEED your help or your strategies, Pegasus. I got everything that I need in my deck. Now point me in the general direction of the arena and let’s get this over with.”

Harley: “Sure thing, Kaiba boy. It’s up the stairs, to the left, and up another flight of stairs.”

Seto: “Uughh! Why does there have to be so many stairs?”

Harley: “Back to you in the studio, boys”

Pat: “Thank you, Harley, and it looks like our combatants are entering the arena. Since there is mostly a card game that they are playing, the arena has reverted back to its sandy like state. They’ll be playing on their duel disks with 8000 life points for each of them. The first team to take out all of their life points will win the match.”

Jay: “Too bad the rules are not so simple for our CBUB referee, Stone Cold Steve Austin, who is absolutely clueless about this game.”

Steve Austin: “Look fellas! I don’t know what the rules are because the only card games I ever learned, growing up, were poker and blackjack. But you four got your pokimane cards, your duel disks to project the pokimane, and your life points. So draw your cards and I’ll hang back and scroll away on Twitter until the match is over. Are you boys ready?”

Marik: “I’m ready to send some souls to the Shadow Realm!”

Seto: “Let’s do this!”

Joey: “I’m bringing da boom!”

Pegasus: “Time to show my stuff.”

Steve Austin: “I take it that none of you have ever been laid.”

Pegasus: “That’s what you think, big boy.”

Steve Austin: “L...let’s get it on.”

Pegasus: “Indeed we shall.”

Steve Austin: “AH! GAWD DAMMIT! Just play your kiddie card game!”

Learn More About
Joey Wheeler
Read more about Joey Wheeler at Wikipedia
Official Site: 4Kids Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Yugioh Wiki Absolute Anime

Yami Marik
Read more about Yami Marik at Wikipedia
Official Site: 4KidsTV Links: Wikipedia Absolute Anime Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia

Seto Kaiba
Read more about Seto Kaiba at Wikipedia
Official Site: Shonen Jump Links: Wikipedia Seto-Kaiba website WarnerBrothers/YGO

Maximillion Pegasus
Read more about Maximillion Pegasus at Wikipedia
Official Site: 4Kids Links: Wikipedia Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Absolute Anime

Kaiba's got nothing to worry about here. Joey's a third rate duelist using a fourth rate deck. Having Marik there won't help against blue eyes and toon cards.

• Haha 1

Really depends on when in the series this game takes place. The only time Pegasus would be a severe threat is if it's at the beginning of the series, but the dialogue makes it clear that it's probably after the series. Marik still seems to be evil, so I would assume it's before the conclusion of that arc? Does Marik get God cards? There's a lot of variables here. Assuming a composite, end of series build for each character, Joey has always trailed behind Kaiba, and Pegasus is easily the weakest link. Duelist Kingdom had very few spell, trap, and effect cards relative to the rest of the series, and things like the God cards would slap anything Pegasus has. 

So, I see the rankings as Kaiba>Joey>Marik>>>Pegasus. Depending on when in the series, Marik could go just about anywhere, but Joey never really catches up to Kaiba as far as I remember. Kaiba seems to be the strong link here, but I think Marik and Joey have the skill combined to beat the other two. The problem, however, is that Marik's strategy is 1. Very risky and selfish (I seem to remember him sacrificing all of his lifepoints but 1 to buff an attack?), and 2. Not conductive to team-play. Marik in general is much more sadistic than Anime Pegasus, who eventually helps the heroes out a lot in the later arcs. I don't really remember if Marik becomes a good guy, but Pegasus certainly helps the gang out a lot in season 4(?), and has been a pseudo-ally since like season 1. Also, did he get his eye ripped out? Am I remembering that right?

So Kaiba carries his team, I think. Marik makes dumb, frustrating, risky plays that hurt Joey just as much as they hurt his opponents, Pegasus' cartoon guys keep him alive and supporting Kaiba, and Joey tries and barely fails to mount a successful assault against the other two. I haven't seen the show in ages, so some of these assumptions might be wrong, but that's how I see it right now

• Like 1

Just to avoid any confusion, so I can clear this up:

Marik - His best deck with Winged Dragon of Ra & Millennium Rod

Joey - His best deck

Kaiba- His best deck with Obelisk the Tormentor, but still a prick to everyone

Pegasus- His best deck, but no Millennium Eye since that'll be a little too one sided.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, SSJRuss said:

Kaiba's got nothing to worry about here. Joey's a third rate duelist using a fourth rate deck. Having Marik there won't help against blue eyes and toon cards.

joey has luck  it's better to be lucky than good  plus marik  will have some tricks to keep the toons at bay  

3 minutes ago, comic_book_fan said:

joey has luck  it's better to be lucky than good  plus marik  will have some tricks to keep the toons at bay  

Yeah but can Joey really work side by side with Marik? To Pey's point, Marik is selfish and would probably not play well with others on his team.

5 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Yeah but can Joey really work side by side with Marik? To Pey's point, Marik is selfish and would probably not play well with others on his team.

and iam sure kiba would just love the man who tried to steal his tec and trapped he and his brothers soul in a card   kiba isn't the type to hold a grudge over such little things lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, comic_book_fan said:

No, it's definitely better to be good than lucky. More consistent results. I looked into it, and in the original anime, Kaiba dueled Joey directly 6 times (two of them were four way duels), and Kaiba never lost to him once. No matter what you feel about the outcome of this match, Kaiba is quantifiably better than Joey. While you can argue Marik is the strongest individual here, I don't think he would do that well in a team duel. His style is great for draining a single target, but as demonstrated by Marik getting last in the four way duel with Kaiba, Joey, and Yugi, I don't think it would hold up well here. That's ignoring the growth in skill Kaiba had throughout the series. I would argue that by the end, Kaiba was probably stronger than Marik, and he routinely beat people like Zigfried, who Joey lost to decisively. 

1 hour ago, comic_book_fan said:

and iam sure kiba would just love the man who tried to steal his tec and trapped he and his brothers soul in a card   kiba isn't the type to hold a grudge over such little things lol 

My argument wasn't "Joey would hold a grudge" or "Kaiba and Pegasus are best buddies." My argument was that Marik would make a really bad partner in a duel because his style is too high risk and, against two opponents, would leave him as basically a sitting duck if he tries to execute it normally. Ra, in my opinion, isn't as strong on his own as Obelisk, and while not having the eye would hurt Pegasus, his deck is great at stalling. His toon monsters can avoid being killed, and he has a lot of control cards, which would stall his opponent's development while letting Kaiba set up Obelisk for the OHKO on either of their opponents. I just don't see much going for Joey and Marik

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

No, it's definitely better to be good than lucky. More consistent results. I looked into it, and in the original anime, Kaiba dueled Joey directly 6 times (two of them were four way duels), and Kaiba never lost to him once. No matter what you feel about the outcome of this match, Kaiba is quantifiably better than Joey. While you can argue Marik is the strongest individual here, I don't think he would do that well in a team duel. His style is great for draining a single target, but as demonstrated by Marik getting last in the four way duel with Kaiba, Joey, and Yugi, I don't think it would hold up well here. That's ignoring the growth in skill Kaiba had throughout the series. I would argue that by the end, Kaiba was probably stronger than Marik, and he routinely beat people like Zigfried, who Joey lost to decisively.

but joey grew more than anyone  in the whole series as a duliest  kiba has no respect for him  where kiba would win more often than not  joey very well upset  him he  is crafty and does alot of highrisk high reward  moves if anything goes right he can win and thats where the luck comes in . 

My argument wasn't "Joey would hold a grudge" or "Kaiba and Pegasus are best buddies." My argument was that Marik would make a really bad partner in a duel because his style is too high risk and, against two opponents, would leave him as basically a sitting duck if he tries to execute it normally. Ra, in my opinion, isn't as strong on his own as Obelisk, and while not having the eye would hurt Pegasus, his deck is great at stalling. His toon monsters can avoid being killed, and he has a lot of control cards, which would stall his opponent's development while letting Kaiba set up Obelisk for the OHKO on either of their opponents. I just don't see much going for Joey and Marik

i just think there ego are to big kiba and Pegasus  would be trying to show off and trying to one up each other and i think that gives joey and marik the advantage  

12 minutes ago, comic_book_fan said:

i just think there ego are to big kiba and Pegasus  would be trying to show off and trying to one up each other and i think that gives joey and marik the advantage  

Well first, while Kaiba is full of himself, he's nothing if not efficient. I can't imagine he would throw a duel because he can't work with Pegasus. He's worked with Yugi and Joey before, and he hates Joey. I can't think of a single duel he's lost because he was overconfident, other than maybe, ironically, his duel against Pegasus, but that was much more about him not knowing what his opponent could do than with him making mistakes based on his cockiness. 

Secondly, Marik would be WAY worse as a partner than Kaiba. While it's possible Kaibi might accidentally get you killed with his overconfidence, Marik will absolutely put you directly in danger to get ahead. In fact, if I remember correctly, many of Marik's cards don't specify to affect one opponent, but rather they burn through everyone's stuff. Like, "All players must discard a card" or something. I might be wrong though. 

24 minutes ago, comic_book_fan said:

but joey grew more than anyone  in the whole series as a duliest  kiba has no respect for him  where kiba would win more often than not  joey very well upset  him he  is crafty and does alot of highrisk high reward  moves if anything goes right he can win and thats where the luck comes in . 

He has a puncher's chance of winning, but Kaiba took him on at every point in the series and consistently won. Joey did grow a lot, but he never managed to close the gap between himself and Kaiba

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Well first, while Kaiba is full of himself, he's nothing if not efficient. I can't imagine he would throw a duel because he can't work with Pegasus. He's worked with Yugi and Joey before, and he hates Joey. I can't think of a single duel he's lost because he was overconfident, other than maybe, ironically, his duel against Pegasus, but that was much more about him not knowing what his opponent could do than with him making mistakes based on his cockiness. 

kiba doesn't like joey because he thinks he is unworthy to  play the game an not fit to be a tournament duelist and he finds him more annoying than anything else i bet he hates Pegasus more after what he has done  and even if he does get along  with him he will still be sacrificing Pegasus  monsters and making comments like better sit this one out and let me handle  this without your magic eye your a sad pathetic shell of your former self which will cause interruptions  and even though kiba wouldn't throw a duel you know if he takes that attitude  with Pegasus just might listen so he can mock kiba after they lose  

Secondly, Marik would be WAY worse as a partner than Kaiba. While it's possible Kaibi might accidentally get you killed with his overconfidence, Marik will absolutely put you directly in danger to get ahead. In fact, if I remember correctly, many of Marik's cards don't specify to affect one opponent, but rather they burn through everyone's stuff. Like, "All players must discard a card" or something. I might be wrong though. 

He has a puncher's chance of winning, but Kaiba took him on at every point in the series and consistently won. Joey did grow a lot, but he never managed to close the gap between himself and Kaiba

true but joey's high risk style  actually compliments with marik's better  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, comic_book_fan said:

kiba doesn't like joey because he thinks he is unworthy to  play the game an not fit to be a tournament duelist and he finds him more annoying than anything else i bet he hates Pegasus more after what he has done  and even if he does get along  with him he will still be sacrificing Pegasus  monsters and making comments like better sit this one out and let me handle  this without your magic eye your a sad pathetic shell of your former self which will cause interruptions  and even though kiba wouldn't throw a duel you know if he takes that attitude  with Pegasus just might listen so he can mock kiba after they lose  

This is completely contradicted by the actual show. Kaiba and Pegasus get along fine after Duelist Kingdom in season 4(?) when Pegasus gives him that card to fight Dartz, and Kaiba still respects him enough to 1. Actually duel him and 2.Trust his judgement that the card is actually that possible, despite the fact that you say Kaiba wouldn't have any faith in him. Kaiba has a lot of feats where he successfully teams up with others who he sees as worse than him and wins. In fact, he has a great record in team duels. Marik has none. Everything you said about Kaiba applies tenfold to Marik. Marik is an actual unhinged lunatic, and would 100% not work well with anyone else. You're not backing up your arguments with anything other than what you think would happen, but based on the show, Kaiba's team should be the favored here. Kaiba has never lost to either Joey or Marik, he has a long history of winning team duels, his partner is capable of stalling and staying alive indefinitely, Marik is poison to his team, and Joey has never measured up to Kaiba once in the series. I'm going to leave it here, because we're just talking in circles, but Kaiba 100% wins this for his team

26 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This is completely contradicted by the actual show. Kaiba and Pegasus get along fine after Duelist Kingdom in season 4(?) when Pegasus gives him that card to fight Dartz, and Kaiba still respects him enough to 1. Actually duel him and 2.Trust his judgement that the card is actually that possible, despite the fact that you say Kaiba wouldn't have any faith in him. Kaiba has a lot of feats where he successfully teams up with others who he sees as worse than him and wins. In fact, he has a great record in team duels. Marik has none. Everything you said about Kaiba applies tenfold to Marik. Marik is an actual unhinged lunatic, and would 100% not work well with anyone else. You're not backing up your arguments with anything other than what you think would happen, but based on the show, Kaiba's team should be the favored here. Kaiba has never lost to either Joey or Marik, he has a long history of winning team duels, his partner is capable of stalling and staying alive indefinitely, Marik is poison to his team, and Joey has never measured up to Kaiba once in the series. I'm going to leave it here, because we're just talking in circles, but Kaiba 100% wins this for his team

i didn't remember kaiba  interacting with Pegasus  after dulest kingdom 

Match Final Results

RATINGS SCORE: 3.50
0 regular members rated the match.
2 CBUB Match Judges rated the match.

MATCH SCORE
Yami Marik and Joey Wheeler: 0
Maximillion Pegasus and Seto Kaiba: 12