Tommy Vercetti and Umberto Robina and Anthony Gallen vs. Colombian Cartel (Grand Theft Auto) and Haitian Gang (GTA Vice City) and Vice City Police Department

Match 14754 by ViceCityMobster86
in progress now...

Pac-Man vs. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Match 14753 by Confession FPT
in progress now...

Kingpin vs. Heihachi Mishima

Match 14752 by Confession FPT
in progress now...

Count Marzo vs. Zasalamel

Match 14747 by Buzz Line
in progress now...

Mokujin vs. Pac-Man

Match 14745 by Confession FPT
in progress now...

Mokujin vs. Pac-Man

MATCH SCORE
Mokujin: 7
Pac-Man: 0

Hulk Hogan vs. Ivan Drago

MATCH SCORE
Hulk Hogan: 9
Ivan Drago: 8

Bruce Lee vs. Rocky Balboa

MATCH SCORE
Bruce Lee: 11
Rocky Balboa: 1

Shrek vs. King Bowser

MATCH SCORE
Shrek: 12
King Bowser: 5

Apocalypse vs. Wildcats

MATCH SCORE
Apocalypse: 8
Wildcats: 0

Sign in to follow this  
The Boob Tube

Tournament - Ellie vs. Clementine

Episode 190

Match 1: Bite Me!

The show begins with the lights fading up revealing a very large dome shaped empty arena, the music begins to grow around the event. It would then cue to one of the commentators beginning the show's introduction. “After many years and countless requests from die-hard nostalgic fans, across the multiverse, the wait...is finally over!” The music quickly cues up to a more thematic intro with the CBUB logo popping up in front of everyone’s screen that are watching it at home, on their computers, and cell phones.

Pat: "Hello everyone, and welcome to the return of Comic Book Universe Battles! The show where we pit your favorite pop culture icons, of past and present, and bring them together in a knockdown fight to see who would TRULY come out on top! I am your host, Pat Summers!"

Jay: "And I’m Jay Peoples! And let us both just say that it is absolutely GREAT to be back to a place that we both love so dearly."

Pat: "Indeed you’re right, Jay. With the growing surge of TV networks rebooting classic shows and movies making sequels to 30-year-old franchises, it was only a matter of time before this show got its fair share of a revival as well. All thanks to our new partners over at Khazan Stream."

Jay: "For only $12.99 a month, Khazan Stream is the streaming service where you can watch any and all of your favorite movies and shows from across the multiverse. But for this episode, we’re giving you viewers a free sample of our show in a way to show some of the younger folks out there what we’re all about."

Pat: "For one thing we know a lot of time has passed, over the years, where new characters from popular video games and movies have emerged into the spotlight thus making them super popular and very quickly with today’s youth."

Jay: "So let us cut the chit-chat and begin something, what we like to call, the Newbie’s Match!"

Pat: "We begin with our first two combatants. Fighting from the Last of Us universe we have Ellie. The foul mouthed survivalist who can endure a lot of pain and a lot of zombie bites thanks to her immunity."

Jay: "And fighting from the TellTale region of The Walking Dead universe we have Clementine. The quick thinking teen with more ingenuity to overcome just about any obstacles to repel both zombies and bandits."

Pat: "Both of these young women have endured quite a lot in their short lives but, in the end, both have always come out on top in the apocalyptic zombie universe. So we asked ourselves if these two fought in an apocalyptic, zombie infested, landscape who would truly be number one? Well we’re going to find out in a few minutes as our, new and improved, Khazan Arena reshapes itself into that scenario."

The sand on the ground of the Khazan Arena begins to take shape as it creates a landscape of dilapidated buildings, vegetation growing over a lot of areas, and a myriad of obstacles.

Jay: "Wow! The wonders of today’s technology."

Pat: "Indeed, Jay. This particular scenario is a 10 block radius of what your typical zombie infested city would look like after a decade or two. Complete with randomly generated items and weapons for our players to choose from along with 50-100 zombies lurking about to give off that extra challenge to both of their survival’s." 

Jay: "The rules are quite simple. Our combatants will start on opposite ends of the map where they will collect  and craft as much supplies they need in order to fight each other. The match will end once one of these girls either taps out, gives up, goes limp, or...well....becomes zombie chow."

Pat: "And to officiate these CBUB matches, we hired nothing but the best of referees to make sure both sides get fair treatment for their matches."

Jay: "So give a warm welcome to the one man who takes no guff from any one that enters the Khazan Arena. The Texas Rattlesnake, Stone Cold Steve Austin!"

Both Ellie and Clementine give each other a quiet stare at each other as Steve Austin comes between the two.

Steve Austin: "Alright, you two! I wanna good clean survival match! And I don’t wanna hear any complaints about your foster daddy issues, your loss of limbs, or the decisions that you made that you would later regret after 5 minutes! GOT IT?"

Both combatants nod in agreement.

Steve Austin: "Alright! Now get to your opposite corners of the area, and LET’S GET IT ON!"

Pat: "And our match has begun! Who will triumph? Let’s find out what the viewers have to say on our social media page."

Note: Both characters start off with an empty backpack, a combat knife, and all 10 fingers & 10 toes in tact. (Spoilers)

I like Clem's character, but I just don't see any way that Ellie doesn't tear her apart. She's a better fighter, a better shot with multiple types of weapons and her crafting ability is absurd. Not to mention Ellie just a lot more than "Zombies" and bandits to deal with. 

All that said, I can't say I wouldn't love to see this fight play out in front of me. I'll be in the crowd with the "I LOVE YOU ELLIE!!!" Sign. 

My vote: Ellie

Firstly, I love the homage to back issues. I feel like this fits comfortably as a continuation if this were the case. I don't think it would be their first choice for a big come back but I like the match and characters you chose.

Secondly, I felt that some of Pat's dialogue didn't flow as neatly as it should. Could have used a quick edit to make it a bit more organic. But nothing too major so I think I'll still give it a 4 star.

As for the match, I love Clem and barely know Ellie but I've played enough of Last of Us to know she's a capable fighter. Clem has great survivor skills but she's still vulnerable to infection while Ellie isn't. I think that gives her enough advantage to win.

Lastly, please write an end after the match score. Wanna see how the match plays out lol

• Like 1

I don't think I mentioned this, but I also loved how you made it feel real. Like they were selling this new streaming service, Khazan Stream, and I think that's so interesting. I'd totally subscribe.

• Haha 1

I agree with Russ about some of the dialogue not really flowing, but it was a fun match to read, and a nostalgic throwback tot he ol' backlogs. 

As for the match, I truly wish Clementine was able to pull out a victory here, and while I don't think it's impossible, she would have to get really lucky. That band of goons she fought in the last season of her game are basically a worse version of any of the random factions Ellie runs into throughout her adventure, and she couldn't even put them down very effectively. Her zombies are much slower and much smaller threat compared to Ellie's. Also, while she's a badass in her own right, Clem doesn't really have great feats of fighting humans, especially not one-on-one. At least none that spring to mind. The Walking Dead games were more about decisions and usually intentionally took power away from the player character, making them feel like a very small part of the world with little power, but making the power they do have feel very impactful. Because of this, the characters are, at most, as strong as real-world people. This one goes to Ellie. 

Writing the match using the sports caster construct is clever. 

The opening dialogue works well, especially in telling the reader who the contestants are.  I am not familiar with the contestants, but I am given the perfect amount of data to understand how they are similar and what they do.

The read is entertaining but I have a complaint: it is too short. 

I was hooked with the opening and therefore wanted further entertainment by reading what would normally come next in the sports cast - the action scene.  However, there was no sportscast narration of the battle in progress.  I would have liked a bit of that.  

In the future I would want more.  And that's a good thing - your audience wants to read more. 

nice job.

Appreciate all the constructive criticisms from everyone. I'll make sure, going forward, to keep these tips in mind for future single matches if I want to get a good rating out of everyone. LoL. I do have other matches in mind from tag teams to other mixed fights as well

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 3 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : 4 Stars

FPA Calculation:
0 + 7 + 2 + 0 + 0 = 9 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (7 * 4) + (2 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 34 Total Stars Score
34 / 9 = 3.78 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Ellie: 7
Clementine: 5

46 minutes ago, The Boob Tube said:

Oh, a close one. Do you guys really want a wrap up to this bout?

I do, yes lol

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

I do, yes lol

What he said!

Wow, it seems I've already missed commenting on quite a few tourney entries before voting finished. My bad.

Welcome to EF, The Boob Tube. Interesting commentary-style matches (you even brought in Jay and Bob; talk about a blast from the past!). As mentioned, you're doing good in writing out the openings and commentary of your matches, but they could use some more content afterwards, such as some dialogue from and maybe even banter between the contestants.

• Like 1