Doc Holliday: 1

The Silver Surfer vs. Bills

MATCH SCORE
The Silver Surfer: 3
Bills: 4

Sign in to follow this  
SSJRuss

Tournament - Boba Fett vs. Road Runner

In all his years of traveling across the galaxy, Boba Fett had never seen something quite like this. Sitting opposite him a... Well, he wasn't sure what it was... It was canine --that he was sure of. Maybe a dog or some sort of wild animal... Whatever it was, it wasn't from Tatooine.

The canine obviously had some sentience, as it had knowingly come into this cantina looking for something. Or someone. Boba had watched it wander from person to person, showing them words on large signs to communicate with. One had a picture of a creature --a blue avian. The other was a photo of an explosion with an arrow pointing at a symbol of cash.

He was looking a mercenary.

Each person the canine-man went to pointed him in the same direction, Boba Fett. Fett had only just come to the cantina to escape Jabba the Hutt's stench. He wasn't looking for a job. In fact, he had just finished a big one ---delivering Han Solo's ass to Jabba in carbonite. A job paid by both Jabba and the Empire. Things were looking good.

Eventually, the canine-man made it to Boba's table, sat down, and held up his signs.

What was up with this guy?

"You wanting that bird dead?" Boba asked begrudgingly.

The cartoon-looking dog nodded frantically, excited that he was finally getting somewhere.

"I don't do small time jobs anymore, pal. Why don't you move along?"

The canine pushed the sign of money closer to Boba's helmeted face. Guess he really wanted to emphasize that he was willing to pay a lot for this bird...

"Seems you're determined. Say I get your bird... How much can you pay? Here's what I charge." Boba pulled up his usual contract price on his datapad and slid it across the table.

The canine wasted no time in agreeing to whatever Boba would charge.

"You want him dead or alive? Alive is extra."

The dog-man simply shrugged his shoulders then held out his hand for a handshake.

Boba didn't really know what to think of this guy. He seemed simple, loony, and pretty naive. Definitely the type Fett wanted no part of. Sure, maybe the job was easy money, but he didn't have the time to get involved with some chicken chase.

"Sorry, not interested. Find someone else."

The canine gave him a suddenly depressed look, then slugged his way to his feet and left the cantina.

Boba shook his head. "The shit you see on Tatooine..."

Things went south very fast...

The Jedi that Jabba had sentenced to death had started fighting back. With only a few moves, the Jedi had freed his friends and sent Boba straight into the Sarlacc Pit.

Boba thought he was dead for sure... But that didn't mean he wasn't going to try and escape.

Inch by inch, Boba fought and clawed his way out of the Sarlacc, making his way out of its stomach, through its mouth, and up over the pit. The climb was exhausting. The smell was worse. He could do no more than collapse, face buried into the sand. He wanted to immediately forget everything that just happened... Forget his failure at defeating Skywalker... Forget the fact that he just climbed out of a creature's stomach. He was covered in whatever juices housed themselves in the Sarlacc's belly.

Once he pulled his head up, he proceeded to clear the slime off his visor, only to realize there was something there... Something in front of him... Something thin and blue.

As Boba got to both knees, he realized it was a bird. A blue bird frozen in place and staring right at him.

"The hell you looking at?" Boba mustered.

"BEEP BEEP!" the bird chirped, sticking its tongue out at Boba and then running off so fast that it startled him.

"How could something be that fast?" he thought, just before he realized where he had seen the creature before.

The cartoon canine had shown him pictures of that same bird... It was the bird he wanted Boba to hunt down. Only now he understood why the coyote-man had put a bounty on the bird's head in the first place.

It was because he couldn't catch it himself...

Boba rose to his feet, dusting off the sand and slime and stared off in the direction where the Runner had taken off. "Guess my schedule's open..."

With that the Bounty Hunter headed in the direction of Jabba's palace, determined to get his ship and gear so he could do what he did best... hunt.

Boba Fett has access to all weapons and gear he has had in Legends up to this point and full use of his ship. He will try to capture his quarry before attempting to kill it.

Dead or alive, he wants that bounty.

Nice job SSJRuss.  I would say this is your strongest entry in the June tournament.

The opening segment with the Coyote in the Tatooine cantina was entertaining.  The character interactions are on point and  Boba Fett's motivations are understood.

Clearly, the reason Boba Fett was never heard from again was because he spent the rest of his days chasing that bird to no avail.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Fox said:

Nice job SSJRuss.  I would say this is your strongest entry in the June tournament.

The opening segment with the Coyote in the Tatooine cantina was entertaining.  The character interactions are on point and  Boba Fett's motivations are understood.

Clearly, the reason Boba Fett was never heard from again was because he spent the rest of his days chasing that bird to no avail.

Thanks, Fox.

I wrote this a few years ago so I dusted it off and did a few edits that I think improved it. I like the set-up because it feels natural but has a nice touch of wacky to it. The Coyote trying to talk to people with signs in a cantina is great imagery.

And yeah, Boba has no chance of catching Road Runner. His best bet is to just let that bounty go.

Very good story, I got a kick out of it. 

That being said, my vote goes to Boba Fett, it'll take him a long time, but he's going to make some good Road Runner stew.

Few errors I seen, but nothing that ruined it for me. I wish I could give 4 1/2 stars. 

8 hours ago, IKA said:

Very good story, I got a kick out of it. 

That being said, my vote goes to Boba Fett, it'll take him a long time, but he's going to make some good Road Runner stew.

Few errors I seen, but nothing that ruined it for me. I wish I could give 4 1/2 stars. 

I'm only accepting 4's and 5's at this time, thank you lol.

Glad you liked it. How would Boba catch him though? I mean, he has the Slave 1 sure but can it really beat the toon force of Road Runner?

3 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

How many anvils can mandalorian armor survive?

No more than three lol

Heh, very interesting match, Russ. One glaring mistake though:

I think you meant to throw "for" in there somewhere. 😛

Anyways, as for the match, Fett may be one of the best at what he does in his universe, but the Road Runner almost never gets caught. The very few times RR has been caught, he gets away. 

The (toon) force is strong in this avian. 😁

On 6/20/2020 at 3:11 PM, SSJRuss said:

I wrote this a few years ago so I dusted it off and did a few edits that I think improved it.

Ah, so that might be why this match looks familiar. Did you post the original here or on MagneticFox?

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, very interesting match, Russ. One glaring mistake though:

I think you meant to throw "for" in there somewhere. 😛

Anyways, as for the match, Fett may be one of the best at what he does in his universe, but the Road Runner almost never gets caught. The very few times RR has been caught, he gets away. 

The (toon) force is strong in this avian. 😁

Ah, so that might be why this match looks familiar. Did you post the original here or on MagneticFox?

MagneticFox. It was for our first tournament over there so it felt fitting to bring it back.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : 4 Stars
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
4 + 3 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 7 Total Votes
( (4 * 5) + (3 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 32 Total Stars Score
32 / 7 = 4.57 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Boba Fett: 2