MATCH SCORE
The Silver Surfer: 3
Bills: 4

Sign in to follow this  
SSJRuss

Tournament - Master Yoda vs. Exodus

Khazan, a city left cold and lifeless.

Well… not completely.

Master Yoda was 900 years old, but even a short seven years had felt like an eternity.

The streets were covered in rubble from battle after battle. Citizens never even had the chance to repair the damage before the city was closed off.

Homes served as tombs for Khazan's residents.  It was a self-imposed isolation.

But even so the Force thrived. Never stopping it's ebb and flow as it tied the bonds of life together. Master Yoda was sensitive to this mystical energy and dipped his senses into the Force to revitalize himself. A reminder that he must remain vigilant.

Master Yoda could feel the sudden shift in the air. Something had awoken and he could feel it reverberating through the Force.

Grabbing his cane, he left the comfort of his cot and stumbled outside. The morning sun warmed his ears as he reached the metal railing of his rooftop vantage.

Yoda had spent many years on top of this now forgotten skyscraper. He found that up here, he could always keep a lookout on Khazan. He was protecting it in a way. Like the council chambers high above Coruscant.

"Quiet you have been," Master Yoda spoke softly to the city he'd called home. "But thriving you are, in the Force. The day comes, has it?"

It wasn't just his eyesight that scanned the horizon, but also his senses. He stretched out his feelings like a blanket over Khazan, watching characters from so many worlds, living their dormant lives. Yoda did this everyday with the same result, Khazan was a dead city.

But today, the Force showed him something... more.

tumblr_oop5at87DP1rpsuhuo1_500.gif.1f7b0ee6c0270fd339aaae4423f5235b.gif

Khazan's Naturalization and Immigration Bureau had reopened its doors. Lines of new and interesting characters were already filling up the waiting rooms. There was tension between so many of them. Such vital youth that Yoda hadn't realized this city was missing.

The streets of each district in Khazan were alive, residents feeling the awakening just as Yoda had. They were cleaning the streets. They were rebuilding.

Eyes shut and head tilted to the horizon, Yoda smiled. "Welcome, my old friend. Missed you I have."

Yoda relaxed, letting his connection with the city subside. The Khazan he knew was returning to life. He could see the city almost rearrange itself before him. It wouldn't be long now before fights began in earnest.

Master Yoda resolved that he'd continue his vigil. He would protect this world as he had before. After all, he was one of its greatest contenders in its heyday.

Yoda turned back to his cot when the warning came to him. His senses telling him of a great threat through the Force. Yoda's hand steadily gripped his cane as he looked back at the city. Exodus now hovered in place of his view.

exodus-bigcostume01.jpg.0446d50bba473e0908019e428059c3a4.jpg

It was only by reputation that Yoda knew this man. Exodus was a human, but only in appearance. He was actually a mutant, something Exodus viewed as superior to other races. He was undefeated in nearly all of his battles before Khazan's fall.

The Force didn’t need to tell Yoda that this man was dangerous.

"Master Yoda. How goes your vigil?" Exodus asked, sarcasm thick on his tongue.

Yoda guarded himself with the Force and he presented weakness to the mutant floating above him. He knew Exodus was powerful, the strongest combatant Khazan had seen yet. But he was also rotten in his soul. A zealot who wanted nothing more than to stay at the top. Which was why he was likely here in Yoda’s yard.

If things turned ugly, at least Exodus was blind to the Force and wouldn’t feel Yoda gathering strength..

"Exodus. Spent the years wisely, I imagine."

"I spent them ruling,” Exodus replied. “And it would seem you've spent those same years in defiance. I have felt the resurgence. I’ve come to find who is responsible and here I find you. "

"Not I, the one responsible for this resurgence. Natural, it is. What is eternal may rise and fall, as the seasons often show us. This is the will of-"

Exodus cut off Yoda with a psychic attack. An aggressive probe of the mind, but ultimately, it was just a warning shot. Likely the first of many, Yoda expected.

"You, who have kept watch here should have the foresight to see. You knew this was coming," Exodus said. "I don't need to read your mind to see your plans unfold."

Exodus raised his arms, psychic energy radiating off his body as he flew higher in the air. "Why do you think I let you live here, Yoda? To leave you alone so long while I ruled my city in peace? Have your wisdom and wit reached its limit?"

Master Yoda could do nothing but close his eyes, focusing solely on his connection to the Force. As long as he followed the will of the Force, Exodus' mind would not touch him.

Exodus seemed angered by this act of defiance. His mutant energy flowed from his eyes and hands. "I see you've chosen death. Let the great Master Yoda be the first to die because of this resurgence. Let all who come into my Khazan know that I'm not to be trifled with.”

With hands outreached, Exodus sent a volley of energy toward Yoda. The crashing and smashing of the rooftop was surely deafening to anyone within miles. No better way to send a message than to make sure your audience knows you're there.

When the dust settled, Master Yoda was still standing. He hadn't even let go of his cane. "Powerful you may be, Exodus. Not kind time has been. Weakened from these years, your powers have become. Stand against the Force, you cannot."

yoda-revenge-of-the-sith.thumb.jpg.39c6eebd97e447a9d72064aa353586d9.jpg

Exodus (Marvel Comics)

VS

Master Yoda (Star Wars)

Yoda will have feats from both Canon and Legends material, as well as being able to continue to fight as a Force Ghost in the event he dies. Master Yoda does not have to beat/kill Exodus to win, only just outlast the time limit of 3 minutes.

49 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

So the  stipulation is that even if Exodus kills Yoda, Yoda still wins?

No. Just that even if Yoda dies, he can still fight as a Force Ghost. Exodus has astral projection so he can fight him on equal footing.

9 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

...can a force ghost die?

Let's just say yes lol

They could be weakened enough to disappear/lose their connection to the real world.

A good battle fan fiction.  Both characters have high win rates in CBUB, so making that part of the story where the stakes are, essentially, bragging rights is fair.  NIce Job.

I don't foresee Exodus losing unless he's done in by one of his many character flaws.

Looking forward to the next match.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Fox. It's not exactly how I wanted it but pretty close.

I think the fight will be interesting. Yoda has my vote because he's strong enough to withstand Exodus. Exodus is going to have a hard time fighting against the force.

Very good set-up, Russ. I'm still deciding on what to rate the match. Not that it would particularly affect my rating, but what's up with the center alignment? 

As for the match, I know a good deal more about Exodus' abilities than I do about Yoda's, so I'm not sure how to vote on this one ATM.

9 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Very good set-up, Russ. I'm still deciding on what to rate the match. Not that it would particularly affect my rating, but what's up with the center alignment? 

As for the match, I know a good deal more about Exodus' abilities than I do about Yoda's, so I'm not sure how to vote on this one ATM.

It was just a stylistic choice. I kind of liked it for this setting but it certainly didn't need it. Glad you liked it I really like the premise.

Balancing this match was tough. Exodus has a lot of feats lol

Heh, there's actually a story behind Exodus' CBUB record: 

https://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12801-exoduss-record/

As for the match, after looking up Yoda and more on Exodus, I'll give this one to the mutant bad guy. While Yoda is quite powerful in his own right and could still fight as a Force Ghost, Exodus is even moreso with a bigger variety of powers and is even implied to be immortal. In fact, I'm thinking that not could Exodus defeat Yoda, he may even be able to contain Yoda's force ghost, or worse.

4 stars from me.

9 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, there's actually a story behind Exodus' CBUB record: 

https://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12801-exoduss-record/

As for the match, after looking up Yoda and more on Exodus, I'll give this one to the mutant bad guy. While Yoda is quite powerful in his own right and could still fight as a Force Ghost, Exodus is even moreso with a bigger variety of powers and is even implied to be immortal. In fact, I'm thinking that not could Exodus defeat Yoda, he may even be able to contain Yoda's force ghost, or worse.

4 stars from me.

That makes sense now. I was thinking people just loved Exodus lol.

Would he be able to contain a Force Ghost? He have something in his power set to hold him?

Given Exodus' outrageous power stack, it would be a trivial matter for him to mind control the webmaster and make himself the most winning of characters on CBUB.

Which seems to have occurred.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Given Exodus' outrageous power stack, it would be a trivial matter for him to mind control the webmaster and make himself the most winning of characters on CBUB.

Which seems to have occurred.

That was my next guess.

We just need to rebrand to EBCBUB

(Exodus battles comic book universe battles)

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
0 + 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 4 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (4 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 16 Total Stars Score
16 / 4 = 4.00 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Master Yoda: 7
Exodus: 6

On 6/17/2020 at 11:21 AM, SSJRuss said:

Would he be able to contain a Force Ghost? He have something in his power set to hold him?

Judging from his abilities, it just may be within his power set: 

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bennet_du_Paris_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities