Ted Mosby vs. Lucifer

MATCH SCORE
Ted Mosby: 1
Lucifer: 5

Boba Fett vs. Road Runner

MATCH SCORE
Boba Fett: 2
Road Runner: 8

Mysteries Inc. vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Live Action)

MATCH SCORE
Mysteries Inc.: 13
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Live Action): 1

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

FPL: Redux

Hello everyone.  In this topic I will try to provide the current state of the FPL and tell you about an exciting new site being developed by FPL Veterans.

Why is ElectricFerret open again?  It's been years!

Well, some folks still holding a candle for the CBUB after all this time wrote and said they wanted the site back.

So I agreed to that.  Seemed like something that was within my power to do that would make some people happy.  It's all good.

Okay, cool, so what about the FPL?

There are a confluence of events happening with the FPL that seem to be mutually fortuitous.

For one, I've discovered that trying to bring the old CBUB into modern times was way more effort than I thought it was going to be.  I literally used my work vacation time to try and get it done.  And it's still not where it needs to be.

The old FPL website is an order of magnitude more complicated than the CBUB.  I can now see that the man-hours that will be required of my spare time to bring it forward is going to be a lot.

For Two, it turns out that FPL Veteran Sam Justice who missed the old site has been building a replacement.  And building that replacement took a huge amount of time for Sam to produce. Over a year of development, I hear.

Here's the link to the site:  Take a look at Redux

Of course, I'm very honored that people who played with the FPL years ago remember it fondly enough to create a replacement. 

And, I don't really want to create an issue for this new project by opening up the old FPL.  That seems rude.

Also, I can see that fixing the FPL would be a significant time commitment.  I'm already exhausted just trying to get the CBUB back up.  And the CBUB has a long way to go.  Hopefully, it's going to be better than ever.

So, perhaps the future of the FPL is at Redux.

What are your thoughts?  Post away, below.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This makes the most sense.

Redux isn't finished, but it's functional at the moment for the most part. A few peeps have made characters, testing the waters and all that. It becoming the "new" FPL, with the boards directing peeps to it if they wanna do that thing, is probably the best situation. Maybe all it'd need on your end is a link on the FPL frontpage, something along those lines? 

And then we can keep the couple of subforums on here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Landon said:

This makes the most sense.

Redux isn't finished, but it's functional at the moment for the most part. A few peeps have made characters, testing the waters and all that. It becoming the "new" FPL, with the boards directing peeps to it if they wanna do that thing, is probably the best situation. Maybe all it'd need on your end is a link on the FPL frontpage, something along those lines? 

And then we can keep the couple of subforums on here. 

I second this. 

suzumiya haruhi ok GIF

Forgot to add this point earlier, while no doubt this would be Sam's call to make since it's his site and project, but what about renaming Redux to something like FPL: Redux or something? Basically, a symbolic gesture of recognizing Redux as the officially-endorsed successor to the FPL, and might give it more pull by attaching a familiar branding to it. 

9 hours ago, Landon said:

Maybe all it'd need on your end is a link on the FPL frontpage, something along those lines? 

Yep. Totally happy to do linkage.

Would there be a way that you mirror the Redux link into the old FPL slot? Not as to claim as it's part of the site or anything, but I'm sure a lot of users will be going back and forth so it may be convenient to use each other to grow. 

Just a thought. 

On 5/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, I_KNOW_ALL said:

Would there be a way that you mirror the Redux link into the old FPL slot? Not as to claim as it's part of the site or anything, but I'm sure a lot of users will be going back and forth so it may be convenient to use each other to grow. 

Just a thought. 

Just prominent links with text about it is the proper way to do these things.

I update the front page this weekend.