Jump to content

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Sie Kensou

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 17
Sie Kensou: 1

Rachel vs. Shura

MATCH SCORE
Rachel: 7
Shura: 2

Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs. Ransik

MATCH SCORE
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 3
Ransik: 5

Donatello (Mirage) vs. King (Art Of Fighting)

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 17
King (Art Of Fighting): 4

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Sorry, no celebrities or other real people in CBUB

Recommended Posts

What about people with martial arts skills such as Jackie Chan or even Jean Claude Van Dam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

What about people with martial arts skills such as Jackie Chan or even Jean Claude Van Dam?

OK, yeah.  That seems reasonable in the context of the site.

And then you could make a case for people with certain fantastical skill sets like Harry Houdini and David Copperfield.

 

Could you make a case for the Reality TV 'Pawn Star Lord' or whatever guys?  Who knows, maybe.  But don't please. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question regarding this. Athletes such as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Mike Tyson have been added to the Database in the past. There could be a way to make them work for matches, since these examples all have at least two fictional versions each in various media. My question is, would we need to re-add them as fictional versions of themselves, or could a match maker just reference which version he/she is using in a match?

 

On 5/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, Fox said:

This image from the BOOM series is Comic Book-like

SEP171300.jpg

His punch tears up the ground and whatnot.  That is clearly a fictionalized representation.

 

Heh, Roman Reigns has made his way to the comics now. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I have a question regarding this. Athletes such as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, and Mike Tyson have been added to the Database in the past. There could be a way to make them work for matches, since these examples all have at least two fictional versions each in various media. My question is, would we need to re-add them as fictional versions of themselves, or could a match maker just reference which version he/she is using in a match?

 

OK, let us say that Real People (tm) who have physical prowess like Athletes, Martial Artists and Pro wrestlers can just go into the Pop Culture section.

But let's try to be discerning about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Chris Hanson’s CBUB Career lol He’ll have to be one of the people removed from the Database at some point 

Oh man that means Crocodile Hunter probably has to go too. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't remember there being a particular surge of real people being used in fights in the past, so just cutting them out doesn't seem crazy to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very careful about citing precedent when arguing for characters.   Simply put, we didn't always know what we were doing back then.  It would be entirely justified to say "Yeah, it happened before, but we're going to do a better job with rules this time."  I remember AC/DC sneaking in somehow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Exal said:

Simply put, we didn't always know what we were doing back then.  It would be entirely justified to say "Yeah, it happened before, but we're going to do a better job with rules this time." 

This is a pretty good way to tackle a LOT of things about the site in general.

Like, I had no problem using fanart for FPL pics back in the day, but nowadays I'd never just take someone's art-- especially something made by a fan-- and say "this pic represents my character, this is what they look like." Unless, you know, I had permission to do so. I shouldn't have done it in the past, but I'm more aware now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...