The Flying Nun vs. The Wizard Of Oz

MATCH SCORE
The Flying Nun: 5
The Wizard Of Oz: 3

Sign in to follow this  
Mercenaryblade

Match 14574 The Iron Giant vs. Liberty Prime

MY LAST CBUB MATCH

The Giant was on a rampage while initially the mysterious robot had docilely been avoiding a direct confrontation with the armed forces it had suddenly become hostile and retaliated with weapons the like of which no one had seen.

Tanks, artillery, and even naval rifles were ineffective against the rampaging machine as it vaporized its way through the ranks.

Deep in a command bunker the top brass were frantically discussing the situation. “Nothing stops it!†A general said. “We’ve tried everything!â€

“Not everything general.†An attaché from the CIA said. “We haven’t tried the bomb yet.†Everyone seated at the table stared at the man incredulously. “Are you out of your mind?†The general asked the man.

“It seems to be attracted to whatever attacks it we can lure it away from the cities and then bomb it.â€

“I’ve got a better idea.†An Admiral said. “Our secret weapon for the Alaska campaign.â€

“Liberty Prime?†The general asked. “Yes, we can only fight fire with fire we’ll reply with a giant of our own.†There was a chorus of agreement from the rest of the assembled brass. “Call the lab boys and tell them to get busy.†The general said.

Sometime later: The Giant had just blasted away another tank column, soldiers fled before it their small arms absolutely useless against it. Then there was a loud booming voice. “COMMUNISTS ENGAGED!â€

From their cover the soldiers looked up in awe to see another giant robot this one painted with US markings. A Tesla beam shot out from the second robots eye and scored a hit on the Iron Giant.  The giant turned to attack the new threat.

“DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!†Liberty Prime boomed out.

The giant attacked. From a ditch two soldiers watched slacked jawed as the robots began to battle it out. “So we have a giant robot on our side?† 

“Apparently.†The second observed. “Ten bucks our guy tears spacebot apart.†The first said. “You’re on.†His friend replied.

I know it's not my best work but I'm not feeling too inspired at the moment what with the website closing, but please let me know what you think of this amtchup

Okay setup but a good fight. Hard to call at the moment.

Okay setup but a good fight. Hard to call at the moment.

I agree on the setup like I said not feeling it right now. But glad you like the fight idea

I see lots of game stats for Liberty Prime but nothing that helps me compare him to the Giant. One sketch looks like he's about 3 times the height of a human (roughly 18' tall) which would make him much smaller. than the 50' Iron Giant. My guess is the Iron Giant is probably stronger and more durable but LP may have better weapons.

Of course, if the Giant goes into it's full weapon mode, I think he gains the advantage there too,

Just a guess. I'll hold off voting to see if anyone can supply more information about Liberty Prime.

Nastier than I remembered. I watched this longer video and the giant shrugs off battleship guns with no visible damage. It also looks like his chest cannon could have vaporized the ship with one blast.

He throws Nukes. Like footballs. And has two high powered Tesla Cannons that basically destroy anything in the game.

I watched some gameplay of Liberty Prime. He is impressive, and his Tesla rays look like they do damage roughly compatible to the Iron Giant's rays from the three projections over his head. His thrown bombs produce about a 75' fireball. They look roughly comparable to the Giant's arm disintigrator. Nothing I've seen from Liberty Prime somes remotely close to the Giant's chest cannon, though. It's a good fight until the Iron Giant cuts loose with that, then it's all over.

I'm sorry, what? The website's closing? For good?

That's not right.

Btw, fairly good setup, and I'll have to give it to Liberty Prime.