Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs. Ransik

MATCH SCORE
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 3
Ransik: 5

Donatello (Mirage) vs. King (Art Of Fighting)

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 17
King (Art Of Fighting): 4

Helena Douglas vs. Shermie

MATCH SCORE
Helena Douglas: 5
Shermie: 3

Spiral vs. Hundun

MATCH SCORE
Spiral: 4
Hundun: 1

Match Showdown 01 - Panty & Stocking VS Ronald McDonald

MATCH SCORE
Panty And Stocking: 8
Ronald McDonald: 1

Mila (DOA) vs. Vanessa Lewis

MATCH SCORE
Mila (DOA): 4
Vanessa Lewis: 2

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

CBUB Season Three Draft Preview

Sorry for the double post but I have to ask, what can be done for anyone who doesn't get to the draft on time?

Might change the draft process some to try and avoid the crush of picks when the gate opens and stagger it a bit.

• Like 1

Might change the draft process some to try and avoid the crush of picks when the gate opens and stagger it a bit.

That's cool.

Pilot might be a cool slot. Skywalker vs Maverick, Starbucks vs Starfox....   obstical courses or Dog fights.

Pilot might be a cool slot. Skywalker vs Maverick, Starbucks vs Starfox....   obstical courses or Dog fights.

Rick Hunter vs. Wedge Antilles. Hey. :)

• Like 1

I don't feel like joining this one. The last season got boring past part 6.

I don't feel like joining this one. The last season got boring past part 6.

Thanks for sharing.

What about this?

To fit in a slot, it has to be the character's primary skill. In other words, you couldn't use Ultron to process the teams odds, or Goku to bring the team kung fu. Ultron is certainly capable of crunching numbers, and Goku knows kung fu, but that's really not what they're about. For them these are secondary or even tertiary powers.

What about this?

To fit in a slot, it has to be the character's primary skill. In other words, you couldn't use Ultron to process the teams odds, or Goku to bring the team kung fu. Ultron is certainly capable of crunching numbers, and Goku knows kung fu, but that's really not what they're about. For them these are secondary or even tertiary powers.

A power limit is key for sure. The titles were fun names more then actual descriptions. There was no math test in slot 3 and no crime scene in slot 2.  

A power limit is key for sure. The titles were fun names more then actual descriptions. There was no math test in slot 3 and no crime scene in slot 2.  

Along those lines, better descriptions for the slots would be helpful. I went with the best detective I could get, but there are a lot of challanges in that slot custom fit to an assassin.

Along those lines, better descriptions for the slots would be helpful. I went with the best detective I could get, but there are a lot of challanges in that slot custom fit to an assassin.

I liked the diversity of that slot. Anyone could win depending on the challenge. It was hard when someone like shadow or Ant-man made it in when it said non or low powered hero though. 

Thanks for sharing.

I just felt it got rather repetitive and hard to navigate. After so many things, I couldn't remember which characters I picked.

OK some really great slot suggestions.  Appreciate it.  All the slots for Season three I will farm from this thread.

Also, based on some feedback probably going to do a couple things different. 

For one, instead of having a couple admins Reviewing the teams what we might do is have people draft their teams and then provide a period for all the other players to look over their competition and to Raise An Objection™ for characters on teams that do not fit the slot.

Also, as far as drafting goes, possibly will break the player pool into groups and let them draft different slots on different days.  That instead of the first come first serve crush on all the slots.    

For one, instead of having a couple admins Reviewing the teams what we might do is have people draft their teams and then provide a period for all the other players to look over their competition and to Raise An Objection for characters on teams that do not fit the slot.

Also, as far as drafting goes, possibly will break the player pool into groups and let them draft different slots on different days.  That instead of the first come first serve crush on all the slots.    

No complaints from me, especially on the second thing. That really can work for me since it makes things easier for me like I say I have a prior engagement.

OK some really great slot suggestions.  Appreciate it.  All the slots for Season three I will farm from this thread.

For one, instead of having a couple admins Reviewing the teams what we might do is have people draft their teams and then provide a period for all the other players to look over their competition and to Raise An Objection for characters on teams that do not fit the slot.

All great ideas. 

In the last season, we saw a couple of characters who could fit into more than one slot, like Doom and Magneto being anchors. It would be cool if we had some way of telling what these characters can do in their slot. Like, is there a version of Magneto who would make a good anchor while not straying into Oh Shit level?

For one, instead of having a couple admins Reviewing the teams what we might do is have people draft their teams and then provide a period for all the other players to look over their competition and to Raise An Objection™ for characters on teams that do not fit the slot.

Sounds complex, especially on the programming end, but I like this.

In the last season, we saw a couple of characters who could fit into more than one slot, like Doom and Magneto being anchors. It would be cool if we had some way of telling what these characters can do in their slot. Like, is there a version of Magneto who would make a good anchor while not straying into Oh Shit level?

There were a lot of very powerful anchors but if you put Doom or Magneto or Flash in the oh shit slot they would be some of the weakest. I think the Robot slot is the most overpowered. Originally Bumbleebee was going to be the high end power wise. Now we have oh shits in slot 3. Fox has the right idea about a screening process though. 

In season 2, this round (round 12) will be the final individual round before the team round.

Probably 10 rounds is a good indicator of which teams will rise and fall, so 10 rounds will probably be the number in future seasons.

I think there should be some more themed slots, like the detective and machine slots.

Some examples: 

Holy Warrior: Some kind of dedicated soldier that's part of a large cause. Like Jedi Knights, Knights Templar, etc.

Tactician: A leader that often approaches challenges by directing underlings. Tommy Oliver, Captain Picard, Doctor Doom, etc. Some challenges could be navigation through a dangerous environment, or defeating overwhelming odds by good coordination. The characters would come with their usual gear and team mates or henchmen.

Driver: Vehicle races, different slots based on the environment. Obviously, we can't have Speed Racer and the Mach-5 up against Luke Skywalker's X-Wing, but they could each be in different slots.

As has been said, a giant robot slot would be cool.

Another intelligence based slot would be good, this time something for the scientists like Tony Stark or Geordi LaForge.

A street level slot-less than peak human mercenaries or police officers.

At some point there should also be returning slots, so that people aren't trying to come up with brand new slots every time. Maybe one per season, or more if creativity is running low.

I do think the custom slot "terrains" add (e.g the Detective type slot Missions).  But it is a huge amount of work to come up with those and create the images.

I would say if you have an idea for a custom slot and associated "terrains" you can help me out by posting 12 ideas for terrains that go with that slots matches.

Three cheers for FoxFingers!

• Like 1

So what's going on with season 3 now? Is it cancelled?