Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs. Ransik

MATCH SCORE
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 3
Ransik: 5

Donatello (Mirage) vs. King (Art Of Fighting)

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 17
King (Art Of Fighting): 4

Helena Douglas vs. Shermie

MATCH SCORE
Helena Douglas: 5
Shermie: 3

Spiral vs. Hundun

MATCH SCORE
Spiral: 4
Hundun: 1

Match Showdown 01 - Panty & Stocking VS Ronald McDonald

MATCH SCORE
Panty And Stocking: 8
Ronald McDonald: 1

Sign in to follow this  
UMPIRE

2:11 - Mattias Nilsson vs. The Balrog

SEASON 2, ROUND 11

Mattias Nilsson

4106.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 1

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Mattias Nilsson at Wikipedia

Official Site: Electronic Arts

The Balrog

2092.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 1

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about The Balrog at Wikipedia

Official Site: JRR Tolkien Estate

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Planet Dune

terrain_dune.jpg

Vice, you Probably should have benched him. How does Barlog do vs bullets? Lots of Bullets...

I don't even think the Balrog would feel a lot of those bullets. Being a creature of fire and shadow not even calling for outside help, an actual impossibility in this case as it would have to be intergalactic in nature, would faze this creature here. Being in Arrakis only helps it more given the condition of the planet would mean nothing to it. 

However I'd enjoy  the Balrog and the Sandworm match that would follow suit.

Mattias could still win this. He DOES have air strikes and high explosives. How would The Balrog fair against a B-52 strike or a Nuclear Bunker Buster? Mattias could also have a tank or an attack helicopter.

Mattias could still win this. He DOES have air strikes and high explosives. How would The Balrog fair against a B-52 strike or a Nuclear Bunker Buster? Mattias could also have a tank or an attack helicopter.

No vice, it was pretty much decided there is no outside help. I know you asked before hand but its kinda a good rule, otherwise, batman would call JSA, Doom would have an army of Doombots and Green lantern would have the corp. Aside from the rule, he is on another planet. Also, I guess this thing is made of fire and shadows so its kinda hard to beat.

It is a creature of fire and of darkness. Power of the magnitude of Gandalf would be required to handle this thing. A god destroying it certainly, a device made by man no matter how modernized? Quite doubtful. Nilsson, for all the gaming mechanics that allows for him to heal off gunfire and explosives, is not healing anything the Balrog tosses at him. Want proof? Gandalf slayed the Balrog at the cost of his mortal form. It was only that his work wasn't finished that he was even returned back as Gandalf the White. Mattias has no other form to come back as does he?

Gandalf went chasing after the thing back and forth from the underground all the way to a peak of a mountain. It took eight days of pursuit for him to even get in a close enough location, which in this case was a top of the peak so pretty much the be all to a dead end there. Then he faced him for 2 days/nights so round that up as you will; one could say that means two with the third day being where he finally tossed the Balrog off the peak and died himself. Even at it's death the creature did damage to the mountain as it crashed through.

Without the proper gear he;s not handling Arrakis for that amount of days no matter how trained a merc he is. The maximum temperature, at least what the stuff in the back parts of Dune suggest, is 332 Kelvin. Now math is my weakest subject ever but I do get some gist of science, others can help out if this is wrong or not, but I think that would roughly translate in the range of ..what 135-137 Fahrenheit?  Sure humans can bear with extremes in temperature at times  but it usually involves proper hydration, shade, and other such measures. Unless you know where and how to look Nelson is not finding this sort of stuff without some sort of guide to help him, and that's not even counting that his movements would be attracting the worms at him as well. Balrog vs one of those worms? Can't really say but I'd think maybe it can be swallowed whole? Nothing ever tried as far as I know in the Middle Earth unless one of the dragons did? But Nelson? A fair to easy meal since he's not going to know where they'll appear until it happens.

Even if somehow a helicopter was spotted him it'll find a means to get to him because eventually that chopper will run out of fuel which can't be found easy in the desert. A tank? You might as well put a bulls-eye on it for the worms let alone worry about the Balrog then.

I doubt any of the named characters will just happen upon this battle so no aid coming from there. Since we are seeing desert still I'd presume this early Dune times so there are Fremen around in their hidden locations within the desert. Helping a stranger to their planet face an unknown creature? Not really sure but I think they either might leave well enough alone or attack both depending on how they perceive what's going on. That's even if one happens by where ever the battle is at because there is a lot of ground to cover out there.Others who've read more on the novels could probably better handle solving that hypothetical situation.

The Balrog cannot be hurt by purely physical means.

It could completely ignore anything Mattias can throw at it.

Match Final Results

Mattias Nilsson: 2

The Balrog: 14