Alexandra Amberson: 4
Danger Room: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Calender Man vs. Rainbow Archer

MATCH SCORE
Calender Man: 6
Rainbow Archer: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Burger King vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
The Burger King: 6
Flo (Progressive): 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Artemis vs. Odin

MATCH SCORE
Artemis: 5
Odin: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Battle Droids vs. Clonetroopers

MATCH SCORE
Battle Droids: 0
Clonetroopers: 14

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tallahassee (Zombie Land) vs. The Town of Silent Hill

MATCH SCORE
Tallahassee (Zombie Land): 4
The Town of Silent Hill: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Overlook Hotel vs. Din Djarin

MATCH SCORE
The Overlook Hotel: 4
Din Djarin: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Pele vs. Cúchulainn

MATCH SCORE
Pele: 5
Cúchulainn: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Android 8 vs. Midnighter

MATCH SCORE
Android 8: 9
Midnighter: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Superman

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 6
Superman: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Invid vs. The Romulan Star Empire

MATCH SCORE
The Invid: 7
The Romulan Star Empire: 6

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Snap, Crackle, and Pop

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 7
Snap, Crackle, and Pop: 5

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Qu (All Tomorrows) vs. The Cylons

MATCH SCORE
The Qu (All Tomorrows): 4
The Cylons: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Michonne vs. Monster Island

MATCH SCORE
Michonne: 2
Monster Island: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Apollo vs. Quetzalcoatl

MATCH SCORE
Apollo: 9
Quetzalcoatl: 2

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tony the Tiger vs. Dig 'em Frog

MATCH SCORE
Tony the Tiger: 8
Dig 'em Frog: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Scar (Disney) vs. David Xanatos

MATCH SCORE
Scar (Disney): 5
David Xanatos: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Mario vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Mario: 3
Willy the Hillbilly: 10

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Lara Croft vs. Xenomorph Prime

MATCH SCORE
Lara Croft: 7
Xenomorph Prime: 9

2:11 - David Rice (Jumper) vs. Scorpion

SEASON 2, ROUND 11

David Rice (Jumper)

6314.jpg

Slot: Keeping the team real

Season Wins: 1

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about David Rice (Jumper) at Wikipedia

Official Site: Fox

Scorpion

581.jpg

Slot: Keeping the team real

Season Wins: 1

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Scorpion at Wikipedia

Official Site: Official Mortal Kombat website

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Pandora Night

terrain_pandora_night.jpg

David's teleportation is completely superior and his teleportation ability will allow him to track down Scorpion. Jumpers can track the path of other teleporters in the film. Scorpion won't be able to keep up with him. I see David outsmarting Scorpion and causing him to run into some animal trouble.

Jumpers track other Jumpers via jumpscars, which Scorpion doesn't leave after him.

Ah very true. David could still teleport animals in his path to keep Scorpion busy. David is fast enough to jump toward Scorpion, grab him, and then literally jump Scorpion somewhere dangerous in the forest where he would be in serious trouble. Sort of what he did with Griffin where he jumped and grabbed Griffin before teleporting him into the electric lines when they were on the battlefield somewhere.

It'll be hard for David to track Scorpion in this environment. He's completely unfamiliar with the terrain, and the glowing vegetation will make the ninja even harder to track. Sure he can teleport Scorpion places, but Scorpion can just follow suit. If David transports Scorpion to a dangerous location then leaves, Scorpion can just leave too. And that's about all David can do. He can't take a ninjja in hand to hand combat. He doesn't carry weapons that would put a Mortal Kombat character down. He can't survive his body being lit on fire.

Scorpion on the other hand can shatter David's skull with a single punch, or impale him through the heart with a spear. He can light his body on fire if David tries to touch him. If Scorpion even spots David before the Jumper finds him, fire will spring out of the ground at David's feet. I don't think David has the reflexes to get out of the way. Even if he survives, David's breathing device will probably be destroyed. He can't survive without it. Scorpion can.

It'll be hard for David to track Scorpion in this environment. He's completely unfamiliar with the terrain, and the glowing vegetation will make the ninja even harder to track. Sure he can teleport Scorpion places, but Scorpion can just follow suit. If David transports Scorpion to a dangerous location then leaves, Scorpion can just leave too. And that's about all David can do. He can't take a ninjja in hand to hand combat. He doesn't carry weapons that would put a Mortal Kombat character down. He can't survive his body being lit on fire.

It will be even harder for Scorpion to track David down through the jungle. Scorpion isn't fast enough teleporting wise to catch up to David when he is jumping. David teleports so fast he could probably keep up with speedsters like Quicksilver. In seconds David was teleporting multiple locations all over the world when he fought Griffin. Have you seen Pandora in the film? Plenty of dangerous animals of different species. David could definitely land Scorpion in serious trouble.Scorpion can't keep teleporting as much as David and isn't as fast. He is actually limited in that area.

Scorpion on the other hand can shatter David's skull with a single punch, or impale him through the heart with a spear. He can light his body on fire if David tries to touch him. If Scorpion even spots David before the Jumper finds him, fire will spring out of the ground at David's feet. I don't think David has the reflexes to get out of the way. Even if he survives, David's breathing device will probably be destroyed. He can't survive without it. Scorpion can.

Oh yes Jumpers are fast enough teleporting wise to avoid Scorpion's attacks. Look at Griffin's fight with the Paladins and David vs Griffin in the film. Griffin teleported a car right on top of David which David teleported out the way of. The Paladins were shooting their own grapplers or whatever they care called which move very fast. They are fast enough to catch a Jumper actually and electricute them causing pain. Griffin and David both avoided them in various battles. Like I said the jump so fast and have no limits apparantly on being able to everywhere so fast. They can also jump huge buses, apartments, and more obviously. Jumpers are very powerful. In addition look at the voltage David was taking when he was trapped in those electric lines at the end. With all of that he still teleported groups of people and a whole apartment twice multiple places.

In addition you have no proof Scorpion can breath on Pandora and survive as well. It's a alien planet and completely different from Earth. Taking it off for all you know could kill Scorpion as well which is true. Scorpion can die if you snap his neck and more. Scorpion can die actually. He'll just go back to his realm and come back to life there. It would still count as a win for David if Scorpion dies some how whether one of the animals kills him with David's help or David finds a way to use his jumping ability to kill Scorpion.

I had to rewatch Jumper. Okay movie.

Anyway, you're right on the teleporting aspect. Scorpion can't really keep up with that level of teleportation. It will certainly keep him on the defensive. However, he has far more battle experience. I think the hellfire attacks are going to be what helps him out the most. If he sees David before David sees him, Scorpion will fry David on the spot. If he can surround himself with fire before David is about to touch him, David will fry. His other techniques are pretty moot here though. The problem David is going to have is that he can't just teleport Scorpion into a dangerous location. If he tries to drop Scorpion from the sky, Scorpion ports back to the ground. If he teleports Scorpion in front of an animal, he would have to spook the animal first, a dangerous plan.

Finally, you can't forget David's biggest weakness. He has no jump points on Pandora. Everything he does will have to be line of sight based. I'm still going to give this one to Scorpion.

Okay damn you got me with the line of sight. David doesn't know Pandora and that's a huge problem. Very true also if Scorpion finds David first with a surprise attack he is screwed. If not it's a game of cat and mouse where after a good chase Scorpion kills David. I concede.

Actually it's not only line of sight - he has to also visualize places he wants to go (i.e. he wants to go to Paris, visualize the Eiffel Tower). So he's also further limited.

Yea that's what I thought of as well. A big problem for him and you add in the animals he would have a very hard time. David I have to say does lose here. He'll only get so far before Scorpion eventually kills him with a surprise spear or hellfire attack. 

It was a nice, little debate. Is Jumper yours?

Yea David Rice is part of my team. I even originally submitted the character in the database a year or two ago because I love Jumper the film.