By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 22 Match 17301 Medusa (Marvel) vs. Carmen Sandiego

MATCH SCORE
Medusa (Marvel): 0
Carmen Sandiego: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 21 Match 17300 Ruby Rose vs. Tracer (Overwatch)

MATCH SCORE
Ruby Rose: 4
Tracer (Overwatch): 2

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 20 Match 17299 Cassie Cage vs. Trini Kwan

MATCH SCORE
Cassie Cage: 4
Trini Kwan: 1

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 19 Match 17298 Wednesday Addams vs. Chloe Bourgeois vs. Chel

MATCH SCORE
Wednesday Addams: 1
Chloe Bourgeois: 2
Chel: 1

By UMPIRE

Ash Crimson vs. Necalli

MATCH SCORE
Ash Crimson: 3
Necalli: 1

By UMPIRE

Black Widow vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Black Widow: 5
Cybermen (Mondasian): 1

By UMPIRE

Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water) vs. Zarana

MATCH SCORE
Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

By UMPIRE

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Jubei Yagyu

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 4
Jubei Yagyu: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 18 Match 17279 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Baby Doll vs. Ladybug

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 1
Baby Doll: 0
Ladybug: 2

By UMPIRE

Minute Men (Kaiserreich) vs. The French Foreign Legion

MATCH SCORE
Minute Men (Kaiserreich): 1
The French Foreign Legion: 2

By UMPIRE

G.I. Joe vs. Zombies vs. The Super Hero Taisen Army

MATCH SCORE
G.I. Joe: 2
Zombies (Return of the Living Dead): 1
The Super Hero Taisen Universe: 5

By UMPIRE

Doctor Strange vs. Fat Buu

MATCH SCORE
Doctor Strange: 6
Fat Buu: 1

By UMPIRE

Space Jockey Alien vs. Astro Megazord

MATCH SCORE
Space Jockey Alien: 2
Astro Megazord: 4

By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Galford D. Weller

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Master Shifu vs. Eric Taylor

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 2
Eric Taylor: 4

2:10 - Doctor Doom vs. Dante

UMPIRE

SEASON 2, ROUND 10

Doctor Doom

26.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 1

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Doctor Doom at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Comics

Dante

134.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 1

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Dante at Wikipedia

Official Site: Capcom

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Misty Mountains

terrain_misty.jpg

If Dante thought he was a cool slick badass he is going to find out Doom is not to be f**ked with. This would be a awesome battle. My money is on Doom because at this point in time he is very powerful in magic.

Doom is one of the characters that's really hard to get a read on in this draft. He can vary between anchor or Oh Shit! level, and pegging what he should actually be capable of in this fight is difficult.

You can say the same about Dante. I think Dooms magic and smarts wins this for him.

I don't know very much about Danta, as I've never played a DMC game. But from what I have seen, he hasn't ever seemed to stretch the boundaries of an anchor. Again though, not that familiar. Perhaps I should educate myself on that.

Anyway, Doom at an anchor level is still a force to be reckoned with. Pending a show stealing argument for Dante, I think Doom has this.

"Bah Doom needs no needs of preening features! For he has even cowed the Richards woman! He has dined with international terrorist hunters and weather goddess. What need of Dante have Doom!..save to send you into an inferno your devil killing soul will never return from!"

Yeah I'd only want to know what sort of defensive tactics Dante might have against Doom. For now siding with Victor.

Man, and I thought Dante vs Optimus was close. This one will be a challenge, both physically and verbally. Because, honestly, the verbal spar between these two is where the gold lies: exhibit A

But of course, a verbal battle this is not. And, Dante being my draft pick and personal favorite I am honor bound to defend him. This may be an uphill battle, "but a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting, don't'cha think?" So, let's rock!

"Bah Doom needs no needs of preening features! For he has even cowed the Richards woman! He has dined with international terrorist hunters and weather goddess. What need of Dante have Doom!..save to send you into an inferno your devil killing soul will never return from!"

Yeah I'd only want to know what sort of defensive tactics Dante might have against Doom. For now siding with Victor.

Dante is no slouch defensively. Dante has a healing factor that, depending on who you ask, rivals or puts to shame Wolverine's. 

A few examples:

head shots just annoy him

Being impaled multiple times just annoys him

In almost every game, Dante ends up impaled by his own sword, and the result is something similar to this 

Some say, this clip shows Dante can heal from an injury such as being cut in half before the blade goes through him 

as evidenced by the fact that he doesn't end up in two pieces on the ground. Keep in mind, this one comes after a prolonged battle with his brother, and his healing powers weaken over time. Secondly note, is this is Devil May Cry 3 Dante, who is the youngest and weakest version of Dante (aside from the two special abilities he gets in game of Doppelganger and Quicksilver) and so using any later version of Dante will have a stronger healing factor. 

But, that's not all. Dante doesn't just heal, he's also highly resistant to damage from extreme heat, such as hellfire 

so if I'm correct in assuming that Doom's arsenal contains Plasma bolts, those are problem entirely out the question as our demon hunter will shrug them off.

But doom's armor contains many other hidden surprises. Surprises like missiles?  

Dante's fast enough to not only dodge them at close range, but he can even ride one. IT DEFIES LOGIC! But it's cool as hell. 

Of course Dante's speed isn't just impressive when we're talking his reflexes, but his running speed as well  

And he does that while fighting a swarm of demons. Sure he gets ate at the end, but he gets better. Beside, if he didn't he may have squished against the ground below... So, yeah, there's that.

And if that's not fast enough for you, well my friends I present you with his Trickster fighting style which allows him to use his inherent demon energy for

-Short bursts of increased speed

-Quick aerial dashes

-Limited teleportation

Here it is in action 

And of course, we can't talk about Dante's defensive capabilities without touching on his Royalguard style. Where he block enemy attacks with a shield of demonic energy. This absorbs the energy from any attack, physical or energy based, and allows him to build that energy up to send back whenever he pleases. The energy can also be used to supplement his healing factor (Devil May Cry 3) or temporarily enter an invulnerable state, know as his Dreadnaught form (Devil May Cry 4).

And that's not even touching on offensive abilities. 

It doesn't put Wolverine's regeneration to shame. It's close to Wolverine's, yes.

That aside - Doctor Doom crushes Dante, considering if Dante gets access to his bag of tricks and powers, Doom should be able to have access to magics that rival the likes of the Sorcerer Supreme if not surpass aside his badass armor and tech that simulate the same level of capability as his magics.

An example I personally like is when Doom effectively summoned an army of demonic amorphous creatures that literally overwhelmed The Mighty Avengers (sans Iron Man and the Sentry) in one encounter. Literally required the Sentry to overpower and defeat him.

Also... as a last resort, he can pretty much just take Dante's body over via mind transfer should Dante somehow destroy/defeat him.

It doesn't put Wolverine's regeneration to shame. It's close to Wolverine's, yes.

That aside - Doctor Doom crushes Dante, considering if Dante gets access to his bag of tricks and powers, Doom should be able to have access to magics that rival the likes of the Sorcerer Supreme if not surpass aside his badass armor and tech that simulate the same level of capability as his magics.

Also... as a last resort, he can pretty much just take Dante's body over via mind transfer should Dante somehow destroy/defeat him.

I said depending on who you ask. Ask me, I say it's about the same, but I have seen claims otherwise. That's also why I put up the videos, to allow for context. 

Magic equal to and above Sorcerer Supreme puts him at Oh Shit level, no? Since this is an anchor level battle, some of Doom's most powerful feats are going to be omitted. Not that he doesn't have super crazy magics still, and I'm not trying to say he wouldn't be able to beat Dante with his magic, just pointing out that you have to keep in mind the level of magic the category allows. 

It's possible. With Dante's only semi-possible defense against that being if he has access to and manages to use Doppelganger before Doom does his mind transfer. But, it's also possible that Dante can defeat him before he pulls it off. Which would be made more possible if he's allowed Yamato - but that sword may be outside the power range for the category on its own. 

All in all, the likely hood of Dante winning depends on the version used, with each one having different strengths and weaknesses. But in any case, he does have at least a puncher's chance at winning.

I said depending on who you ask. Ask me, I say it's about the same, but I have seen claims otherwise. That's also why I put up the videos, to allow for context. 

Magic equal to and above Sorcerer Supreme puts him at Oh Shit level, no? Since this is an anchor level battle, some of Doom's most powerful feats are going to be omitted. Not that he doesn't have super crazy magics still, and I'm not trying to say he wouldn't be able to beat Dante with his magic, just pointing out that you have to keep in mind the level of magic the category allows. 

It's possible. With Dante's only semi-possible defense against that being if he has access to and manages to use Doppelganger before Doom does his mind transfer. But, it's also possible that Dante can defeat him before he pulls it off. Which would be made more possible if he's allowed Yamato - but that sword may be outside the power range for the category on its own. 

All in all, the likely hood of Dante winning depends on the version used, with each one having different strengths and weaknesses. But in any case, he does have at least a puncher's chance at winning.

Same goes for Dante is what he is saying. Like I said Dante is on the line of oh shit. Need proof? Read what you just typed. I say the gloves are off here

Same goes for Dante is what he is saying. Like I said Dante is on the line of oh shit. Need proof? Read what you just typed. I say the gloves are off here

Hence:

I already accounted for that Tom - Dante with his full capability or close to it as you described, is easily in the Oh Shit class, which is why I kept this in mind being that if Dante has access to these, Doom should logically have the same to his own fairly.

He can easily tone down his magic for Anchor class but the fact remains his magic is still there and it is extremely potent. For instance, he could entrap Dante in the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, protect himself with incredibly powerful mystical barriers, etc, etc. Nothing along the lines of OH SHIT offensively... much since they still, these examples, fall within the limits I think.

And doppelganger wouldn't work at all - it'll still strike Dante's mental consciousness, overwhelming him, and taking his body. Considering that Doom is no fool in regards to ensuring it.

Doppelganger is a seperate entity though, bonded with Dante yes but it's own being completely. Also, thinking about the mind transfer more, in a case like this, it would be a last ditch effort. He doesn't fully know or understand Dante's capabilities, so there's no incentive to start with that. But, the way I figure it, once he gets to that point Dante will be so tired out from this intense battle that a mind transfer may be entirely pointless considering both would be exhausted and capable of winning.

As for restraining Dante, I feel it wouldn't happen. Doom is prideful, and Dante is arrogant. And both love to talk. It seems more likely to me that Dante will unknowingly exploit Doom's pride, and he'll want to defeat Dante in straight up combat. 

Beside all that, this is probably a Doombot, which means he's not as combat capable as the real DOOOOOOOOOOOOM  :P

Doppelganger is a seperate entity though, bonded with Dante yes but it's own being completely. Also, thinking about the mind transfer more, in a case like this, it would be a last ditch effort. He doesn't fully know or understand Dante's capabilities, so there's no incentive to start with that. But, the way I figure it, once he gets to that point Dante will be so tired out from this intense battle that a mind transfer may be entirely pointless considering both would be exhausted and capable of winning.

As for restraining Dante, I feel it wouldn't happen. Doom is prideful, and Dante is arrogant. And both love to talk. It seems more likely to me that Dante will unknowingly exploit Doom's pride, and he'll want to defeat Dante in straight up combat. 

Beside all that, this is probably a Doombot, which means he's not as combat capable as the real DOOOOOOOOOOOOM  :P

If you actually read my posts - you'd see it was a last ditch manuever.

I'll also clarify my last post - I don't care about the doppelganger being a duplicate of Dante, his own person, etc. I'm saying Doom will get the original, hence why it wouldn't work.

Doom wouldn't get exhausted - Dante would simply because Doom can merely defend himself while Dante tries. And I don't think you're entirely aware of what Doom does... he gets shit done. He doesn't only talk, he talks while shitkicking people. :) Besides - there's no reason he'll want to defeat him in straight up combat - Dante would most likely be beneath Doom (a common theme with him) and simply eliminate him swiftly as possibly or plan around Dante. Seriously - there's more going for Latveria's Monarch than Dante respectively, especially if you're pulling the oh shit factors into play against Doom. 

Couldn't Doom just teleport him in space or someplace like that and be done with it? Le Fey or whatever her name was got teleported back to the age of dinosaurs by Doom.

If you actually read my posts - you'd see it was a last ditch manuever.

I'll also clarify my last post - I don't care about the doppelganger being a duplicate of Dante, his own person, etc. I'm saying Doom will get the original, hence why it wouldn't work.

Doom wouldn't get exhausted - Dante would simply because Doom can merely defend himself while Dante tries. And I don't think you're entirely aware of what Doom does... he gets shit done. He doesn't only talk, he talks while shitkicking people. :) Besides - there's no reason he'll want to defeat him in straight up combat - Dante would most likely be beneath Doom (a common theme with him) and simply eliminate him swiftly as possibly or plan around Dante. Seriously - there's more going for Latveria's Monarch than Dante respectively, especially if you're pulling the oh shit factors into play against Doom. 

The classic "if you read my post". Man, I hate that.  :P

But seriously, I only brought up mind transfer to add to the bit about it being last ditch. Everything else I said was supposed to set up the frame work for my point, and that point was admitting that IF it got to the point where Doom would need that, they'd both be nearly dead so at that point, it wouldn't actually change much. 

As for talking, the same goes for Dante though. Dante's quick enough to dodge or block incoming attacks, and he mouths off while doing it. Nether of these two will sit back and try and stop the fight while talking. Both will get their words in. I just see Doom getting fed up and wanting to teach Dante respect.

But you're right, I don't know Doom that well. Certainly not as well as I know Dante. I've seen some of Doom can do, sure, but not many of his higher showings. Which is why I was originally, and still am mostly, trying to point out Dante's capabilities and argue for him having a chance - even if it's just a slight one, more than trying to go point for point how the battle will play out. 

It doesn't matter - his mind is still pretty much akin to a human's.

And no, that's the new Dante who's a half and half. The one Tom's using is the original Dante, half human and half demon.

And once again I reiterate - if Dante has his devil trigger form, Doom pretty much has access to all his magics which only makes it more a stomp on his favor.

I don't know much about Dante, but from what I've heard so far (and other context on the site) Doom destroys Dante. Then again, Doom (as well as most of these "anchors") belong in the next category.