By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 9 Match 17107 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Roxy Rocket vs. Red Claw

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 3
Roxy Rocket: 2
Red Claw: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Master Shifu vs. Ted Lasso

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 6
Ted Lasso: 4

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Apollo Creed vs. Zordon of Eltar

MATCH SCORE
Apollo Creed: 6
Zordon of Eltar: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Mercy (Overwatch) vs. The Holographic Doctor

MATCH SCORE
Mercy (Overwatch): 3
The Holographic Doctor: 8

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Middle-Earth vs. Mini-Me

MATCH SCORE
Middle-Earth: 3
Mini-Me: 9

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Mickey Goodmill vs. Phil (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Mickey Goodmill: 8
Phil (Disney): 3

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Ethan Hunt vs. Carmen Sandiego

MATCH SCORE
Ethan Hunt: 2
Carmen Sandiego: 10

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Iroh vs. Sgt. Slaughter

MATCH SCORE
Iroh: 5
Sgt. Slaughter: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Ratchet vs. Julian Bashir

MATCH SCORE
Ratchet: 4
Julian Bashir: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - President Thomas J. Whitmore vs. Master Roshi

MATCH SCORE
President Thomas J. Whitmore: 8
Master Roshi: 2

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Raccoon City vs. Bob (Agent of Hydra)

MATCH SCORE
Raccoon City: 7
Bob (Agent of Hydra): 4

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Hoth vs. Marco Diaz

MATCH SCORE
Hoth: 8
Marco Diaz: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Amy Wong vs. Westview, New Jersey

MATCH SCORE
Amy Wong: 8
Westview, New Jersey: 2

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Rafiki vs. Gouken

MATCH SCORE
Rafiki: 6
Gouken: 3

By UMPIRE

11:7 - The Town of Silent Hill vs. Genie (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
The Town of Silent Hill: 2
Genie (Disney): 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Sasuke (Ganbare Goemon) vs. Genji

MATCH SCORE
Sasuke (Ganbare Goemon): 1
Genji: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Kato vs. The Cube

MATCH SCORE
Kato: 4
The Cube: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Dr. Gregory House vs. Bones McCoy

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Gregory House: 4
Bones McCoy: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Vanellope Von Schweetz vs. Princess Calla

MATCH SCORE
Vanellope Von Schweetz: 9
Princess Calla: 3

By UMPIRE

Tournament - The Kraken (Clash of the Titans) vs. Midgard Serpent

MATCH SCORE
The Kraken (Clash of the Titans): 2
Midgard Serpent: 3

2:8 - Dante vs. Optimus Prime

UMPIRE

SEASON 2, ROUND 8

Dante

134.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Dante at Wikipedia

Official Site: Capcom

Optimus Prime

108.jpg

Slot: The Team Anchor

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Optimus Prime at Wikipedia

Official Site: Hasbro

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Murderworld

terrain_murderworld.jpg

Dante should be able to take this. I don't see the traps making much of a difference either way as Dante could avoid them and Optimus should be able to tank them. If anything it'll work in Dante's favor as I can imagine the giant robot finding it hard to move.Beyond that, fighting giant things is sort of Dante's thing. This being Devil May Cry 4 Dante, he's faced bigger and stronger.

Prime won't find it hard to move. Prime will easily just blast anything that gets in his way in Murderworld. If he needs to he can transform. He also has that nice big sword of his that would definitely do some serious damage to Dante. Dante easily gets through Murderworld himself and has the firepower as well to put down Prime. This battle could go either way. I like it.

Which Optimus is it though is the question. I'm assuming 80s cartoon Optimus. Even there Dante'll win. 

DMC1 Dante... I never played DMC1

DMC2 being the last canon-wise would mean Dante's got the best experince but not all of his arsenal. Thus the fact hes used to fighting anything taller than him (Mundus and the Sparda statue come to mind), would be a piece of cake. Add the fact this is the guy who used a rocket as a surfboard, traps won't effect him.

DMC3 Dante would have this in the bag just because of Quicksilver thanks to it slowing down time. And he'd still make wisecracks the whole time.

DMC4 Dante would be snarky at best (seeing as that personality was apperently carried over from the anime) while dodging and shooting, and still win.

Overall, Dante wins each encounter and STILL can't eat his pizza in peace.

I'm pretty sure Dante would notice the car heading his way. Sure it can sneak past Decepticon lines, but compared to a normal sized person, it's pretty big and noticeable. Dante is used to battling multiple opponents at once, and if he's already watching out for the Murder World traps, he'll be ready for it. Add in his Royal Guard style from Devil May Cry 3 and 4, and he can absorb the blast and either redirect it or use it's energy to suppliment his durability (DMC4) or healing factor (DMC3).

But even if he does get caught off guard, he has the durability and healing abilities to survive a blast from it. After all, he's survived battles against opponents who completely dwarf Prime, including the Devil, a massive living statue, and a demonic sky scraper. 

Generally, Dante is too fast for Prime, but i doubt Dante could get through Duramantium Steel easily, if at all. His swords are clearly made of Hella tough stuff, so i imagine he could, but not straight away. Also, if Dante gets hit by most of Prime's weapons, from his laser cannons to his axe, or even just his fists, then he's somewhat screwed. However, if Dante can use any of his super-powerful demon forms then the Autobot is equally screwed in turn. This is a very difficult call to make.

Dante can stand up to a punch from Prime. As I said, he's used to fighting giant opponents and easily blocked a punch from an opponent munch larger than Prime 

As for the laser cannon, again in the above battle with the Savior, Dante had to deal with a massive laser blast attack - as well as many others throughout his career. I'm not trying to downplay the power of Prime's laser cannon, and it's difficult to judge as cut scenes usually show Dante dodging laser blasts. But it's nothing he hasn't seen before and survived. So, I think it's safe to assume that Dante has the durability and healing factor will allow him to survive a few nasty hits from Prime/ 

Plus, with his Royalguard Style, which he displays in in both Devil May Cry 3 and 4 and should likely have access to, he can absorb the energy from any attack and build it up. With the energy stored, he can either, use it supplement his healing powers, blast it out in an energy wave, or enter his Dreadnaught form which leaves him invulnerable until the stored energy runs out.

As for getting through Prime's defenses, Dante can do it. Not easily, but his weapons are far above any normal weapons. All of them are demonically enhanced. His swords have the added bonus of his strength behind his swings. His guns can, mostly, be charged for even more powerful shots. And, if Dante can't pierce Prime's natural armor, he can always attack his joints and other weak spots. 

This would be a long and intense battle, but over all I think Dante's just strong enough, too quick, and too versatile to lose here.