Lex Luthor: 3

Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker vs. Fire Marshall Bill

MATCH SCORE
Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker: 2
Fire Marshall Bill: 6

Sign in to follow this  
treacherous

A Requite for Sollus: An FPL Tournament Event

The natural order of things is that the younger generation should earn the right to go up against the vets. Then again, there's nothing "natural" about the FPL.

Well I had a good run

Ha.  On another note, Pseudo, Darkender and Deo are more intermediate than beginners, but what can you do?

Well I had a good run

That's the spirit!!

No, wait, that's the exact opposite of the spirit..... That's the anti-spirit!!

Well at least I'm in the first round...

Ha.  On another note, Pseudo, Darkender and Deo are more intermediate than beginners, but what can you do?

I've got raises before getting deemed a veteran here. Haha

In my mind, I imagine Sollus looked like this (However, my mind is not Ivan's)

2631422QD18mTNc.jpg

Damn, he oozes power. Looks like what Niko would look like on steroids.

Want something to do? The last time a Superman died and was replaced in Khazan (the previous version), their was a tournament. It went like this: http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php/topic/2613-the-watermark-incident/?hl=watermark

Note: I had a character named the C.B.U.B. in it. They lost. Heh.

I judge these characters by which one’s stand out in my memory the most  a few days after I’ve read them.  Which one can I recall and say, “Yeah, I remember that.”  So with that said, so far I can fully recall:

Steel Maiden and The Count without thinking very hard.  Two standouts in the first round.  Contenders for the throne.  I also remember something about 40 ft monkeys (Everybody who knows me should know I love Kaiju-types), which cracked me up.  So yeah…

One thing that stands out in Steel Maiden or a Deo character in general is just that: Character.  His characters are full of personality.  Deo not so much, but his characters…whoo boy.  They are full of wit and charisma.  Heh.  Helps you remember them.  Pseudo is just a Rain Man.  He comes with these surprisingly intelligent ideas at times.  I believe it was Nilan who said he can’t tell if Pseudo is a genius or just an accidental Quixote type who just stumbles on good ideas.  I’m paraphrasing a lot.  But whatever it is, it works sometimes.

Especially the Count.  I loved the opening scene where the hero/villain was like, “You know if I do this, those people are going to die.  That’s no good.”  That was hilarious to me.  I understood he drained Sollus, so that aura he had probably affected him.  Well done.

Hey woah, careful volunteering other people, mate. I don't think I'm doing this. I don't have any ideas and I have no clue who Sollus is. I don't know him well enough to base a character on him.

I always had faith in you.

Jerk.

Another thing about Deo is consistency.  All his characters may not be amazing, but I don’t think any have just been bad.  They are consistent.  He is great at dialogue and personality.  One gripe is although, the characters have memorable personality, they are often a bit one-dimensional or interchangeable.  If I were to read the dialogue of this guy and compare it to that guy, I would have a hard time distinguishing who is who sometimes.  But it’s still leaps and bounds better than most and they are usually endearing.  So there’s that.

As for his character, I’m agreeing with Exal.  I need more.  This character is right there at the beginning of something exciting and not there yet.  The Count is intriguing already.  It’s not an extraordinarily original idea as bad guys go good all the time in comics and whatnot, but it is well done storytelling in that the villain has a hard time adjusting.  Another thing about Deo is he writes fun fictions.  I’d say another thing right now would be to get us some fic action in Deo.  I think you are probably going to take this round.  Shoot ahead (No offense to his current competition, just my opinion).  So good showing from two guys who originally weren’t going to participate.

Deo's consistency and quick output is something I think is really impressive. I would argue he has some range in his characters though. Between the Imperial Blue Bounty Hunter, Zombie Girl, a Sack Full of Spiders, and the Force Warriors - I think those guys are all really different. Add in the J-twins who've got that futurey thing going on. Add in Sister Helenas from the past. I think all similarity in Deo's characters are just because he's already found his style and he's working on refining it. IDK though.

My favorite character in round one is actually Erebus. Maybe it's just because I'm a big fan of Styx and his gang in the Syndicate, but I think the idea of villains setting up their own superhero is the most interesting one out of the first 8. Definitely sticks in my memory the hardest.