Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

By UMPIRE

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Jubei Yagyu

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 4
Jubei Yagyu: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 18 Match 17279 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Baby Doll vs. Ladybug

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 1
Baby Doll: 0
Ladybug: 2

By UMPIRE

Minute Men (Kaiserreich) vs. The French Foreign Legion

MATCH SCORE
Minute Men (Kaiserreich): 1
The French Foreign Legion: 2

By UMPIRE

G.I. Joe vs. Zombies vs. The Super Hero Taisen Army

MATCH SCORE
G.I. Joe: 2
Zombies (Return of the Living Dead): 1
The Super Hero Taisen Universe: 5

By UMPIRE

Doctor Strange vs. Fat Buu

MATCH SCORE
Doctor Strange: 6
Fat Buu: 1

By UMPIRE

Space Jockey Alien vs. Astro Megazord

MATCH SCORE
Space Jockey Alien: 2
Astro Megazord: 4

By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Galford D. Weller

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Master Shifu vs. Eric Taylor

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 2
Eric Taylor: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Ryu Hayabusa vs. Deathstroke

MATCH SCORE
Ryu Hayabusa: 3
Deathstroke: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Arthur Morgan vs. Robin Hood

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 1
Robin Hood: 5

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Kida vs. Princess Merida

MATCH SCORE
Kida: 3
Princess Merida: 6

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Puss in Boots (Shrek) vs. The Cube

MATCH SCORE
Puss in Boots (Shrek): 3
The Cube: 4

By UMPIRE

11:10 - Dr. Herbert West vs. Julian Bashir

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Herbert West: 7
Julian Bashir: 2

1:5 - Scar Predator vs. Voldemort

SEASON 1, ROUND 5

Scar Predator

3474.jpg

Slot: General ranged energy, magic or technology type character

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Scar Predator at Wikipedia

Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox

Voldemort

684.jpg

Slot: General ranged energy, magic or technology type character

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Voldemort at Wikipedia

Official Site: Joanne Rowling

Battle Terrain

Deathtrap Equalizer

grid_trap.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... ain't this something I never expected.

My only knowledge of Voldemort is from the Harry Potter movies... So if there are any differences between the book and the movies, I am unsure of them if there are power differences between Voldemort as far as those two incarnations are concerned. However I am aware of the spells which Voldemort likes to use and I know how effective which they can be.

While Scar is a Young Blooded Yautja, he is definitely no slouch here. He was a warrior who used his senses in the hunt, and even had a high level of training and even good technique in his fighting.

From how I see it... What Scar doesn't have in magic, he has in technological weaponry and even armor but even then he would have to be careful with Voldemort's spells such as Avada Kedavara and of course the Cruciatis curse. However while the Cruciatis curse would inflict pain on it's victims, what a lot of people do not count on is the pain threshold which the Yautja as a species have, so while it will cause Scar pain-- considering the training which he has had to endure as all Yautja do, he more than likely was taught to fight through pain. He has done so numerous times in the Alien vs Predator movie.

Also, we need to take into account the weaponry here. Aside from low grade to medium grade Dlex weapons and armor which Scar more than likely might be carrying-- he might be weilding the shurikens and the plasma caster which would serve as good long range offenses, and even the wristblades can be launched. And if he has the plasma caster-- one good shot will probably do Voldemort in.

I recall Nesh saying that J.K. Rowling has said that Muggles with Firearms have been known to kill Wizards. So that being said is something to consider.

This one is a toughie for me because I know how Voldemort's spells can be used to effect. And considering the terrain, the Arena Deathtrap-- consider this... Scar has experience in a similar arena-- the Antarctic Pyramid in Alien vs Predator. So if anything, Scar does have something of an advantage as far as experience in this arena goes.

-Rakai'Thwei

I don't think Predator armor would constitute as a barrier vs Harry Potter magic. While Scar could quite conceivably dodge an Avada Kedavra, I'm not quite sure he'd try to avoid it first shot? Unless he could analyze it mid-air and bring up results or something from the Predator database, which I highly doubt.

Meanwhile, Voldemort can Apparate and Disapparate around as he likes, and travel in the mist/smoke form if he wishes, throwing curse, hex, et cetera at Scar to wear him down.

EDIT: I say he wouldn't try to dodge first shot because it isn't particularly imposing as a visual effect, and Scar is used to having things bear down on him, things of equal strength like Xenomorphs or other similar things.

I don't think Predator armor would constitute as a barrier vs Harry Potter magic. While Scar could quite conceivably dodge an Avada Kedavra, I'm not quite sure he'd try to avoid it first shot? Unless he could analyze it mid-air and bring up results or something from the Predator database, which I highly doubt.

Did I say that Dlex armor was serving as a constitute as an effectie means against Harry Potter magic? No, of course not. So before people jump on me for bringing up armor-- I was merely explaining what type of gear which the character more than likely would wear. Not once did I say that it was going to serve as a barrier against Potter magic.

Also, if Scar saw his opponent throwing up a projectile, why wouldn't he dodge it? He's not going to stand there like an idiot and take it. If his instincts as a Hunter tell him to get out of the way, more than likely he will react upon so to evade the shot. He might be young but he is definitely not going to stand there and see what happens if he gets hit.

Meanwhile, Voldemort can Apparate and Disapparate around as he likes, and travel in the mist/smoke form if he wishes, throwing curse, hex, et cetera at Scar to wear him down.

And Scar can use his cloaking field and get around certain death traps. Especially if they are a pyramid which has shifting areas which changes every ten minutes. And in this terrain, there are plenty of Deathtraps which Scar more than likely can get around. I wonder exactly how large this arena is because as we know, any arena can be of any size and have as many deathtraps as possible. Primary examples would of course be the Antarctic Pyramid.

...With his Horcruxes, he couldn't be taken down anyways e.e

That much is true, however he can be temporarily stopped as seen in the Sorcerror's Stone and Chamber of Secrets.

-Rakai'Thwei

Actually those weren't his true form, the one we see from 4th book on.

The first iirc he was bound to Quirrel's head. The second wasn't him but a horcrux that resembled his past self - Tom Riddle. He transcended the limits of the first "form" and is stated to be impossible to defeat whilst having his horcruxes. I believe this was due to the result of his return in the 4th book.

I love how you imply that Voldemort is just another wizard.

This is the wizard that inspires fear so great in every wizard in the world (excluding Dumbledore because Dumbledore is almost as OP as Voldemort) that his name cannot be spoken without taboo being applied. The only way to beat him was through Harry being made into a Horcrux, repelled by love magic (kind of cheesy but nonetheless this is the only thing that saved Harry, otherwise Harry and all his friends would be long dead, and Voldemort would've taken over the entire wizarding world as well as most likely the Muggle world via the Imperio Curse on world leaders or something like that).

Also, I seem to remember Scar doing quite a bit of tanking in AvP... but I guess that's just me?

Voldemort takes this without much trouble - he's got spells that'd one-shot Scar while he himself won't be put down due to the Horcrux thing. :) Rowling was referring to your average wizards when she mentioned that they'd be beaten back by armed humans, and the primary point she was getting at was that humanity's superior numbers would squash the wizarding community as a whole.

Cruciatus curse is line of sight-- Scar won't be dodging it, and he sure as effing hell can't take the pain. If cauterizing/treating wounds makes Yautja scream out in agony, the Cruciatus curse will wreck them. Imperius, Petrificus Totalus or Sectumsempra would put Scar down quickly as well. He's got too many ways to win as opposed to Scar's relative few. 

Oh, and Voldemort at his best wasn't stopped in either The Philosopher's Stone or The Chamber of Secrets. In the first book he was a shadow of his former self bonded to Quirrel (and he was only beaten by the whole Love Protection thing Harry's mom left him), and in the second it was just an echo contained in one of his Horcruxes.

Oh, and if Scar tries to cloak and run off... "Accio Predator" or something along those lines.

Scar could win if Voldemort doesn't go for the kill immediately. The Predator could cloak and hide somewhere, and then while Voldemort goes on about how its only a matter of time before he finds it, Scar throws one of those discs at Voldy and cuts his head off. Or just blasts him with that Plasma Caster. Though if Voldemort does go all out from the beginning, then Scar's chances of winning are slim.

Voldemort is in a deathtrap arena where he will be too busy using his magic to avoid traps and he is only human physical abilities wise. I could see Scar having a easier time avoiding the traps with his above human level physical abilities, putting his cloak device on, and finding a nice place to hide. He could Voldemort on his blast while he is busy going through the arena. This arena works to Scars advantage.

Doesn't matter if he can't be killed for good. Voldemort can be killed for a while. I'm pretty sure getting blown the hell up or blasted with the weapons Scar has takes a while to come back from. That counts as a win for Scar.

I'm pretty sure that Scar would be rendered ineffective almost entirely by Crucio and killed immediately by Avada Kedavra, lol.

Thing is, Voldemort can launch spells from a mist/smoke/astral/whatever form iirc, I'll have to find the clip where the Death Eaters are traveling over some river or another and I think they do damage to a bridge from that form.

Yep. It's towards the end of the video more than anywhere else, but he can most definitely cast spells from that form and do damage, as well as if I saw it correctly go invisible. I'm not sure if Scar would actually be able to track him thermally because I don't know if the form applies some sort of effect where you're actually displaced into a mist or what.

For more powerful or deadly attacks usually they have to hit or point directly at their targets from what I have seen in the films.

Some spells can not be dodged.

Scar's only hope is to sneak attacks.  Knowing Voldy though, he will probably just incinerate the entire area.  

Very true Vold could just take down the whole place. In the time it takes him to do that though Predator could still blast him in the head.

The Crucio curse might not be able to be dodged, but I do know that Avada Kedavara can be. As a matter of fact, it has been dodged numerous times by people who are slower than Yautja, such as for example Ginny Weasly when Bellatrix had tried to caste The Killing Curse onto her, but Ginny had dodged at the last second. So really, I can see Avada Kedavara being dodged quite fair enough by Scar, but what a lot of people have mentioned is Crucio.

Here is something to consider-- there is a probability and possibility of Scar actually either destroying Voldemort's wand or even severing his hands off. Now a lot of people are probably going to refute this by why couldn't this be done? Upon researching on the Harry Potter Wiki, it is mentioned that many spells are done with the aid of a wand. However some spells can be done by hand-- and according to the Wiki on Wandless Magic-- Voldemort has shown some examples of this such as disarming Harry of his Wand and forcing him up onto his feet, and shoving him back onto the ground.

However considering the damage done by a plasma caster-- the possibility of losing a hand is very likely if Scar intends to do away with the Wand or even the hand in general. Also add into the fact that the shurikens even play a factor in this too. And since they return to the thrower ala a boomerang in the same trajector-- there is a chance where if it misses once, it could strike at the target upon return.

So... if Voldemort loses both wands and his hands... What can he do?

Also, something which a lot of people have brought up... While Voldemort cannot be killed perminantly, he can be rendered incapcitated. Upon researching to see if Voldemort has a regenerative healing factor, so far no results of him possessing such have occured. So once bodily damage is done, it's not healing any time soon. A lot of Harry Potter fans have mentioned that upon bodily destruction, after a length of time he regains a new body though this is only in theory according to Potter fans. But as mentioned by BigballerJu-- Voldemort is not indestructable, but he is immortal.. However he can be subject to physical harm.

The thing is with the Harry Potter book and films, no one has even tried to kill Voldemort with either explosives or firearms. Primarily because it's a Young Adult novel franchise and introducing some armed military force or science would ultimately destroy the realm of fantasy in the world of Potter. However just because no one hasn't tried to fight Voldemort with such means doesn't mean it won't work. And looking up on various Harry Potter forums and links, he doesn't appear to have a healing factor and despite him being immortal, he can be incapicated-- and depending on the level of damage done... total bodily destruction will be more than a problem.

Considering the power of a shoulder plasma caster-- especially Scar's... which was an older but more powerful model-- this is something to seriously consider as the plasma caster shots, and these were lower powered shots mind you-- destroyed up to 40% to 60% of the body mass of the intended target.

PlasmaShot5.png

PlasmaShot6.png

-Rakai'Thwei

Huh so is this with assumption that Voldy stands around to let these blasts hit him?

Cuz I'm seeing him not giving two shits about his opponent and either casting the Crucio Curse at the start or if he misses for any reason, he'll be apparating nonstop - meaning he'll have intangibility and mobility on Scar Predator... whilst maintaining the ability to cast his spells. In all seriousness, it's stacked against Scar Predator.

Seriously, throwing a huge fit because Rakai's Predators are gaining more and more votes because he asks for my help in these half assed set ups.  Since I've always got his back, I ask my OTHER friends *at least over 400 of them* to help me out by voting for the Predator characters.

You don't believe me that this is a half assed set up fight?  You are having a Predator FIGHT a villain who was so scared to die, he broke his spirit up seven different times!

Keep up with these shitty fights Admins, I'll keep asking my friends to help HIM out.

Um... these aren't official matches, though. This is a new feature for the CBUB, the Fantasy Draft. Check here to see how it works. 

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php/topic/31413-cbub-fantasy-draft-game-faq/

....Some off-site drama had happened off the forums and I spoke to my friends about this... All I wanted to do was start over by severing some friendships and I had started over in seclusion in hopes of starting over and I had contemplated on leaving the CBUB and Electricferret. I even spoke to DSkillz about deleting my account.

I spoke to Evee about the drama which were happening offsite and while I did not intend for this to happen... it came back and bit me in the ass.

Therefore... I wish to relinquish my CBUB character reviewing status and my membership.

I am humbly sorry for just being frustrated with some issues which were occuring between me and some people off site... I did not intend for this to happen. I really did not.

Dskillz... Please PM me to what to do.

-Rakai'Thwei