Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

By UMPIRE

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Jubei Yagyu

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 4
Jubei Yagyu: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 18 Match 17279 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Baby Doll vs. Ladybug

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 1
Baby Doll: 0
Ladybug: 2

By UMPIRE

Minute Men (Kaiserreich) vs. The French Foreign Legion

MATCH SCORE
Minute Men (Kaiserreich): 1
The French Foreign Legion: 2

By UMPIRE

G.I. Joe vs. Zombies vs. The Super Hero Taisen Army

MATCH SCORE
G.I. Joe: 2
Zombies (Return of the Living Dead): 1
The Super Hero Taisen Universe: 5

By UMPIRE

Doctor Strange vs. Fat Buu

MATCH SCORE
Doctor Strange: 6
Fat Buu: 1

By UMPIRE

Space Jockey Alien vs. Astro Megazord

MATCH SCORE
Space Jockey Alien: 2
Astro Megazord: 4

By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Galford D. Weller

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Master Shifu vs. Eric Taylor

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 2
Eric Taylor: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Ryu Hayabusa vs. Deathstroke

MATCH SCORE
Ryu Hayabusa: 3
Deathstroke: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Arthur Morgan vs. Robin Hood

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 1
Robin Hood: 5

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Kida vs. Princess Merida

MATCH SCORE
Kida: 3
Princess Merida: 6

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Puss in Boots (Shrek) vs. The Cube

MATCH SCORE
Puss in Boots (Shrek): 3
The Cube: 4

By UMPIRE

11:10 - Dr. Herbert West vs. Julian Bashir

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Herbert West: 7
Julian Bashir: 2

1:3 - Ryu vs. Mister Fantastic

SEASON 1, ROUND 3

Ryu

620.jpg

Slot: General melee or close range type character

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Read more about Ryu at Wikipedia

Official Site: Capcom

Mister Fantastic

1479.jpg

Slot: General melee or close range type character

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Read more about Mister Fantastic at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain

Bar Fight

grid_bar.jpg

This is a pretty interesting matchup. The hurricane kick and shoryuken won't do much damage to him, but the Hadokens sure would. Plus there's the inner evil self that Reed has to worry about.

I do agree that this is a very interesting match up here.

If anything, I would say that the physical attacks such as punches and kicks wouldn't necessarily do a lot to Reed considering his elastic physiology and that might allow him to absorb the physical blows. However, Ryu has experience with fighting opponents who can stretch such as Dhalsim, Necro and of course Twelve. So I can see him adapting to Reed's abilities fairly well enough.

Regarding the Satsui No Hadou-- well, I do agree that power can of course hurt Reed if not kill him. However, the Satsui No Hadou has been sealed off from Ryu when he had fought Gouken in Street Fighter IV but even so, the fact that the Satsui No Hadou has been sealed off is moot because Ryu has had his true power awakened-- the Power of Nothingness, which is the polar opposite of the Satsui No Hadou. By the events of Street Fighter III: Third Strike, which takes place a few years after Street Fighter IV, he's for the most part as power as he was when he had tapped into the Satsui No Hadou-- meaning that he's close to mastering the Power of Nothingness.

If Ryu awakens the Power of Nothingness, and unleashes his true power on Reed... A few Hadoukens should be able to take Reed down. A Shinkuu Hadouken or even a Metsu Hadouken would put Reed down.

-Rakai'Thwei

Glad to see people know it's a interesting and fair match up. Reed took punishment from Namor when they fought so he can do the same with Ryu while trying to figure out how to beat him. In a random fight like this one Ryu eventually wins with a hadouken. Ryu won't need to do a very powerful one either to win. 

I think Reed would win this one. His stretching powers are much greater than those of any of the MK characters and he's beaten agile, martial artists (including Daredevil) before. It's pretty much impossible to stay away from him or get loose. I do agree that Ruy's energy powers could win this for him, but it's unlikely he'll use those first and Reed isn't going to give him any time. I think he'll be unconscious before he can plan a way to win.

When did Reed beat someone like Daredevil? What MK characters? Ryu once Reed goes into action would figure out right off bat physical attacks aren't the best way to go. He is that experienced and skilled. It actually is possible to stay away from him if you are fast enough and have the right abilities or weapons.

What a lot of people are seemingly forgetting is that Ryu has dealt with opponents who can contort and stretch their bodies in inhuman levels, two of these characters far surpassing Dhalsim in the stretching department because of the fact that they are mutations. This experience will help Ryu out once he sees Reed stretching and contorting himself. He will change tactics right on the fly as soon as Reed uses his powers, and Ryu will realize that blunt force won't work.

So Ryu will end up having to use some of his Qi based attacks such as the Hadouken. He's also got a few different types of Hadouken as well. For example:

• Hadouken
  • Shakunetsu Hadou - Fire Type
  • Shinkuu Hadouken - Beam Type
  • Denjin Hadouken- Charge Electric Type
  • Metsu Hadouken - Full Powered Beam Type

Reed doesn't have to worry about just one type of Hadouken. He has to worry about five different types-- the most concerning ones being Shakunetsu Hadouken which will burn Reed upon contact, and Denjin Hadouken because it will conduct a powerful electrical current through him. Of course, Shinkuu Hadouken and Metsu Hadouken are the seriously damaging ones because if they manage to hit Reed, he is not getting up easily after sustaining a blow from either.

-Rakai'Thwei

When did Reed beat someone like Daredevil? What MK characters? Ryu once Reed goes into action would figure out right off bat physical attacks aren't the best way to go. He is that experienced and skilled. It actually is possible to stay away from him if you are fast enough and have the right abilities or weapons.

He beat Daredevil himself in FF #73. It was a cool issue with the odd team of DD, Spidey and Thor taking on the FF. Spidey and the Torch was a stalemate, Thor was beating the Thing and Reed was beating DD when it ended.

And saying MK was my mistake. I meant StreetFighter.

Funny thing is.

The Hadoukens move in straight lines - Reed can easily avoid them.

And Reed is superior in his tangibility compared to anything Ryu's faced - in fact, if he expects Reed to be anything like before, that's going to be detrimental - Reed can envelop him and wrap himself over dozens of time to suffocate him into unconsciousness. Not to mention that Reed's far more creative/imaginative with his powers given his intellect.

SRSLY.

I've already voted but I can see how this could go the other way. Reed's first tactic will probably be to wrap Ryu up. In the game it looks like Ryu needs to assume a special stance to fire up his hadou, but if he can do it with his arms pinned, and if he's immune to his own attacks he could throw an electrical attack and wouldn't even need to aim.

Funny thing is.

And Reed is superior in his tangibility compared to anything Ryu's faced - in fact, if he expects Reed to be anything like before, that's going to be detrimental - Reed can envelop him and wrap himself over dozens of time to suffocate him into unconsciousness. Not to mention that Reed's far more creative/imaginative with his powers given his intellect.

SRSLY.

Yeah pretty much this. Reed has fought characters packing more power and skill compared to Ryu and still come up on top.

Doesn't matter. Several of the anime and even manga incarnations of Street Fighter, with the canonical exception of Street Fighter IV: Ties that Bind do show the Hadouken moving at blinding speeds. They're not slow as depicted in the games and they deal far more concussive damage then what the games show. Hell, even the manga Street Fighter Alpha by Masahiko Nakahira even shows Ryu spamming them in clusters at an insanely fast speed.

And if the Marvel vs Capcom games are to be taken into account, those larger Hadoukens and the Hadou Beams are an accurate showing of Ryu's capabilities from what he's been shown to do in the anime and even Udon Comics.

In the game it looks like Ryu needs to assume a special stance to fire up his hadou, but if he can do it with his arms pinned, and if he's immune to his own attacks he could throw an electrical attack and wouldn't even need to aim.

Ryu has shown consistently within the anime versions of Street Fighter, in particular the Street Fighter Alpha movies, as well as Ties that Bind that he doesn't really even need to assume a stance. He can actually utilize the Hadouken right on the fly, as he's shown that he can do even aerial Hadoukens as well.

Canonically speaking, Ryu doesn't even need to charge up most Hadoukens-- the only exception being Denjin since by the events of Street Fighter III: New Generation, it's his newest technique.

-Rakai'Thwei

Doesn't matter. Several of the anime and even manga incarnations of Street Fighter, with the canonical exception of Street Fighter IV: Ties that Bind do show the Hadouken moving at blinding speeds. They're not slow as depicted in the games and they deal far more concussive damage then what the games show. Hell, even the manga Street Fighter Alpha by Masahiko Nakahira even shows Ryu spamming them in clusters at an insanely fast speed.

And if the Marvel vs Capcom games are to be taken into account, those larger Hadoukens and the Hadou Beams are an accurate showing of Ryu's capabilities from what he's been shown to do in the anime and even Udon Comics.

It does matter actually. :) Reed isn't slow and Reed is capable of contorting himself to avoid these speedy shots since they still travel in straight lines. That goes for the clusters too. As for the Beams, that's a weakness in of itself as he stays in place to maintain the necessary stance to maintain the beam itself - giving Reed ample time to avoid and strike.

I know both characters bruh. :)

It does matter actually. :) Reed isn't slow and Reed is capable of contorting himself to avoid these speedy shots since they still travel in straight lines. That goes for the clusters too. As for the Beams, that's a weakness in of itself as he stays in place to maintain the necessary stance to maintain the beam itself - giving Reed ample time to avoid and strike.

I never said Reed was slow, what I am saying is that Hadoukens are faster than what the games show, and even the mediums of Street Fighter have different speed and power feats. Masahiko Nakahira's Mangas (from my understanding, Capcom of Japan has adopted his Manga as canon) show the Hadouken being faster than the anime-- infact Nakahira's books might even have the fastest Hadouken feats. I only have one of Masahiko Nakahira's manga and that's the first volume of Street Fighter Alpha-- and in that book, Ryu was shown to be spamming Hadoukens insanely fast and he wasn't even in control of his own power. He was already firing enough Hadoukens that were exceedingly fast and were destroying a level on a cruise liner boat. Chun-Li was countering with seven Kikoukens in rapid succession to counter and most of Ryu's Hadoukens were getting through because he was producing them faster than she could.

And they were going in different directions. Not homing but they were fired in different aims, and each Hadouken was fired off immediately right after the last without a re-charge delay needed to recover.

Keep in mind, this was Ryu when he was a newbie and still developing his power.

I know that Nakahira worked on Ryu: Final-- which I haven't managed to find but I heard a lot of good things about. So I am not exactly sure if there are Hadouken speed feats in that manga. And I have yet to find Street Fighter Alpha Volume 2 by Nakahira.

I know both characters bruh. :)

I am not your bruh, Mr. Applebee.

-Rakai'Thwei

I never said Reed was slow, what I am saying is that Hadoukens are faster than what the games show, and even the mediums of Street Fighter have different speed and power feats. Masahiko Nakahira's Mangas (from my understanding, Capcom of Japan has adopted his Manga as canon) show the Hadouken being faster than the anime-- infact Nakahira's books might even have the fastest Hadouken feats. I only have one of Masahiko Nakahira's manga and that's the first volume of Street Fighter Alpha-- and in that book, Ryu was shown to be spamming Hadoukens insanely fast and he wasn't even in control of his own power. He was already firing enough Hadoukens that were exceedingly fast and were destroying a level on a cruise liner boat. Chun-Li was countering with seven Kikoukens in rapid succession to counter and most of Ryu's Hadoukens were getting through because he was producing them faster than she could.

And they were going in different directions. Not homing but they were fired in different aims, and each Hadouken was fired off immediately right after the last without a re-charge delay needed to recover.

Keep in mind, this was Ryu when he was a newbie and still developing his power.

I know that Nakahira worked on Ryu: Final-- which I haven't managed to find but I heard a lot of good things about. So I am not exactly sure if there are Hadouken speed feats in that manga. And I have yet to find Street Fighter Alpha Volume 2 by Nakahira.

I am not your bruh, Mr. Applebee.

-Rakai'Thwei

Instead of reiterating what's already been said (I can just read the last post), the point you should have gotten is, it doesn't matter if he fires them elsewhere all over the place i.e. clusters. They still travel in straight lines. Reed has dealt with powerful attacks like such in a similar fashion.

If you can call me Mr. Applebee then I kindly request: please don't do the signatures at the end of your posts - it's rather condescending and you don't really deserve it as such - my opinion being of the likes of The Poet doing so in that they've earned it. :)

Instead of reiterating what's already been said (I can just read the last post), the point you should have gotten is, it doesn't matter if he fires them elsewhere all over the place i.e. clusters. They still travel in straight lines. Reed has dealt with powerful attacks like such in a similar fashion.

Some Hadouken's can have a controlled aim. If Marvel vs Capcom 3 is to be accounted for, Ryu has been shown to actually guide the Hadouken while in mid-firing. There is no reason why he can't do so in a fight. Is it a straight line? Yeah but it can be guided and controlled to follow after a particular target-- provided that Ryu can still maintain projection over the beam. And this ability was somewhat seen in Alpha: Generations to an extent from what I remember.

And if Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is to be taking to account as well, Ryu has been granted the Hadou Kakusei-- which is basically his ability to actually awaken his full power on command. This has an effect on his Hadoukens, making them from what I have read up on faster, more powerful and even makes the Shinkuu Hadouken harder to avoid because of it's increased size, speed and power.

Now I'm not saying Reed can't dodge them, what I am saying is he's not dodging them easily.

-Rakai'Thwei

I'm saying that he can dodge them easily. -.- Please, instead of repeating yourself (I'll say it again - I know Ryu's capabilities. I've played SF4, SFvTekken, and MvC2, MvC3 as well as perused the wikia to an extent), just read what I'm saying.

I've read what you're saying and you're saying that because they travel in a straight line that they can be easily dodged. What I am saying is that while Reed is capable of dodging them, he's not dodging them all-- which is something you seem to be implying. And some of them are more than capable of doing Reed some serious harm, especially such as the Shakunetsu Hadou. I assume that Reed Richards is not heat retardant or fire resistant, am I correct in assuming this?

Ryu has reached a level in his Qi control that he doesn't even need to take time to charge up a Hadouken, even a Shakunetsu Hadouken as well by the events of Street Fighter III: New Generation. And his recovery time for the Hadouken is pretty quick, seemingly almost as if he doesn't even need to recharge to fire off another. These are just the ordinary and even the Shakunetsu Hadoukens.

The beams I can see Reed coping with, provided Ryu doesn't set him up in close quarters to get him in a position where he doesn't set him up for that situation. Also, something to consider a technique from Ryu: Final which I have read from an online summary... the Kaze No Kobushi. It's a technique where Ryu focuses his Qi into his fist and then delivers a pretty powerful physical blow. In Ryu: Final, Ryu utilizes this technique on Dudley and it does both external and internal damage to where Dudley's arm bursts in blood and is broken. Now I'm not sure if that will do anything to Reed, and probably not, but in the realm of Street Fighter, energy can do some pretty nasty things to the body internally as well. The physical aspect of the technique deals the external damage, but the metaphysical Qi aspect seems to deal internal.

Anyway... that aside... Like Bigballerju seems to agree with me is that Ryu's Hadoukens are pretty powerful and they're pretty fast. Now, Reed can dodge a few of them-- quite a few but he's not dodging all of them. And if Ryu lands in a Shakunetsu Hadouken, Reed might end up feeling it. And if he does feel it, he's going to be in excruciating pain. He's not going to recover from that quickly.

In my view as a still practicing martial artist, it takes one hit to change the tide of a fight. I'm willing to bet that one Hadouken, especially a Shakunetsu might do Reed in.

If we throw in the Satsui No Hadou to account... Well... those Dark Hadous are just even worse to cope with.

-Rakai'Thwei

I assume that Reed Richards is not heat retardant or fire resistant, am I correct in assuming this?

No but his costume made of unstable molecules is to a degree. He's been able to grapple the Human Torch before. He has to let go pretty quickly because of the heat, but has come away with no real damage. I think this is less true for electricity.

No but his costume made of unstable molecules is to a degree. He's been able to grapple the Human Torch before. He has to let go pretty quickly because of the heat, but has come away with no real damage. I think this is less true for electricity.

I was about to mention the Fantastic Costume but I wasn't necessary so sure. I'm not so sure how well the costume would hold up against normal Hadoukens, but I can tell you that they are not necessary fire. The Shakunetsu seems to emulate fire but it's just really superheated and unstable Qi.

I know that in the anime versions of Street Fighter, Hadoukens have been shown to obliterate clothing. Even Ken's Hadoukens, which are significantly weaker than Ryu's have been shown to destroy clothing. This was seen in Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, and I know that the same thing was seen in Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie and Street Fighter Alpha: Generations.

I don't see a reason why a Hadouken can't ruin a Fantastic Four outfit. But I am willing to be enlightened.

-Rakai'Thwei